How Much Makeup Would You Carry On Your Honeymoon?

by mehak on June 29, 2012

in Beauty Banter, Features

Just a random question, as i begin the Swiss leg of my honeymoon? How much? Would you go the whole hoard and carry a lot for every single outing? Or would you limit it to basics.
Im sort of in the middle. I have my basics, like my skincare items, my Ponds TM, my kajal , my eyeliner and an everyday  blush . But to make sure im covered for all types of makeup emergencies i threw in a hot pink lipstick, a nude lipstick, a peach blush, a shimmery blush ,a light foundation, and a small eyeshadow pallette. I didnt want to carry too much honestly. Travelling with makeup with frequent flights is a pain and things keep getting spilt.

Jas June 29, 2012 at 12:03 pm

I believe i will just carry the basics coz i would want my “marriage glow” to be seen rather then covered with make up. Hope u have awesome tym in europe. Vese ur first choice wasn’t bas either australia is a beautiful country n i live here. May b ur second honeymoon . Stay blessed

Vaishnavi June 29, 2012 at 12:49 pm

i think ur balance is great!! i’d love to go au naturel everyday and dress up for those candle light dinners :D

indianmakeupways June 29, 2012 at 12:52 pm

Mehak you have covered it all. Take something to tame your hair too. Hair can go haywire when on a trip.Pack the essentials and hey don’t forget medicines :D (the doc in me talking). Relax, enjoy and have a great honeymoon :)

Dolon June 29, 2012 at 12:59 pm

Thts why I would carry as well

M June 29, 2012 at 2:28 pm

Aaaahh I was just thinking sometime back that we should ask you to do a post on what makeup you carried for your honeymoon when you come back !

Nidhi Pandey June 29, 2012 at 3:20 pm

Hmm good question..What I carried was : My medicines, Everyday wear compact , blush, nude lippie, nude gloss, shiney gloss, hair care essentials (shampoo, conditioner, hair mask) CTM things.. and about 5 diff perfumes :) very small bottles of all :)

Shivani June 29, 2012 at 3:22 pm

No Weddin on cards yet so no idea, but am def. taking notes!

Roli Gaur June 29, 2012 at 4:42 pm

Everyday Basic makeup stuff
light foundation
an eye shadow palette (so all colors r covered),
extra volume waterproof mascara
lip gloss transparent, slight pinkish (almost nude)
one dark lipstick
natural blush shade
a few neutral nailpaints (Quick dry once, other wise the ‘boy’ will get bored and scream ; should be done while he is away for 15-20 min, so actually superfast dry :P)
and makeup remover!

Karishma June 29, 2012 at 8:23 pm

This much seems good enough to me! :) One would have to take a good amount of skincare products and sunscreen waise :)

Fahima June 30, 2012 at 2:23 am

I would want to carry everything!

swati June 30, 2012 at 3:00 am

a gloss and some colored eyeliners :)

Chris June 30, 2012 at 4:28 am

For me it would be sunblock/moisturizer, concealer, powder lipstick, eyeshadow and an eyelash curler.

Kritika June 30, 2012 at 11:11 am

No wedding on the cards anytime soon but I guess it would be, skincare, a couple of eyeliners, favorite lippie and an everyday blush !
But the bigger question is, will the boy wait patiently while you do all that makeup :|

swastika July 2, 2012 at 10:20 am

My list was somewhat similar..but to tell the truth i didnt use most of it..

Manali July 2, 2012 at 11:35 pm

ponds tm – check..
kajal – check
natural blush – check
everyday lippie – check

dont carry make up clutter on ur honeymoon… u shud enjoy ur honeymoon… dnt worry abt ur skin n make up.. stick to basics..

Sharon July 3, 2012 at 7:35 pm

First things first – SUNSCREEN. I honeymooned in Bali so I carried enough sunscreen for both my and my skincare-averse hubbby. And then I kept a lightweight foundation (almost a TM) for the daytime and a far more potent MUFE Mat Velvet + foundation for going out at night. Also, I packed one of those sheer lippies, a nude sparkly gloss, a waterproof eyeliner, an everyday blush and my staple brown eyeshadow.

Thats the stuff I actually used.

What I carried was 5 times that amount :/ My Naked Palette, around 5 lipglosses and 5 lipsticks, a zillion eyeliners, enough brushes to even do jhadoo for the honeymoon suite, and tons of medicines for every eventuality in town.

Ah well, atleast I had peace of mind.

Have a terrific honeymoon, Mehak!! God bless!

S May 22, 2014 at 7:11 pm

I know you are well past your honeymoon, but just a word to all those that are yet to get married
What I used: Under eye concealer, eyeliner, sunscreen, lip balm, moisturizer.
What else I took: Foundation, blush, lipstick, eyeshadow palette, mascara, lash curler, hair straightener, and other things that were absolutely unnecessary.

But I was at a beach place, and had to reapply sunscreen all the time. Hence, no face products. If you are touring Europe and dressing in more than shorts all day, you might actually use that stuff. But beware of the fact that you are just a few days into living with a guy, who probably will get impatient even if all you do is put on kajal.