Soulflower Handmade Soap Review
Guest Post by Ashwini
About the Soulflower Strawberry and Oatmeal Soap
Would’nt you like to start your day with a bowl of fresh cream strawberries & oatmeal? One whiff of our fresh strawberry pink for skin will make you jump of bed & into the shower This breakfast for your skin does a miraculous job on pimples, oats scrub all the grime away gently removing excess sebum oils.
Cream & cocoa give a thick, creamy lather to this soap. This soap will surely leave you with baby soft rosy skin.
1. French Rose clay is the mildest of all clays & works well for normal, sensitive & mature skin types. It cleanses & detoxifies the skin, removes dead skin cells. It is also great to treat acne & other skin ailments, poor blood circulation & sun damaged skin.
2. Fresh strawberries cleanse skin & help in curing acne & pimples. Packed with antioxidants, which fight the damaging effects of the sun & environment. Cocoa butter is obtained from the same bean as chocolate. It has high moisturizing qualities that help protect & soften skin. Imparts a rich & creamy lather to the soap.
3. Fresh cream has been used since ancient times as a natural cleanser. It will soothe & soften all skin types, especially good for dry, itchy skin. It also promotes re-hydration, creating a healthy balance of serum in the skin.
Contains : Fresh strawberries, pink clay, fresh cream, cocoa butter, Vitamin E, glycerin, aqua, saponified oils of olive, castor, coconut, palm & palm kernel
Does not contain artificial hardeners and preservatives . Store in a cool dry place for longer shelf life.
My experience: The claims and the ingredients were so tempting, I just had to grab this chunky bar and I was eagerly waiting for my bath time so that I could experience this pink goodness. Just like the claims using this is like having a bath in strawberry milkshake. Its not too overpowering, very mild but lathers well. Its not much like regular soaps but like a moisturising soap( similar to dove) . The bar has exfoliating granules(oats?) which are not too harsh but work like a scrub too. My body skin is dry and this does a good job of moisturising , which means i can skip mosturizer for a little while but I need to apply it by night time. Its not as moisturising as my Olay crème ribbons one (if you have used you will know how super moisturising it is) . Though the price is higher, it lasts as much as a 200ml of a bodywash would and the bodywash would be expensive than this plus some have unknown(and too many) chemical ingredients.
Those of you who have not heard of Soulflower handmade soaps, check their website. Their website is so unique and cute, check out more variants, most of them are so tempting that its confusing whether it’s a soap list or a dessert menu( chocolate with coffee anyone?) they even have offer now, on purchase of 2 soap you get one soap free, im definaetley gonna order now. they ship to anywhere in India. They have pretty colourful soaps , bath salts, scented candles, pure essential and carrier oils. I guess they are also availaible at home stop, shoppers stop and lifestyle. This is not review of product sent by company. I bought this on my own in shoppers stop.
Summing up then about Soulflower pink for skin handmade soap!
- Organic and handmade bar. No artificial hardeners or preservatives
- Aroma of strawberry milkshake! ( Kids and someone like me will love this part. I bought one for my little niece and she doesn’t fuss anymore for bathtime J
- Cleanses well
- Moderate moisturising.
- Not adequate moisturising for dry skin. I have dry skin and this is adequate for summers only, In winters I would need moisturiser after bath.
- Too harsh exfoliating for face. To overcome this , I first rub it into my palms and then massage over my face. But not a replacement for my usual face cleanser.
Price : Rs 200 for 150 gm
My recommendation: I would recommend the Soulflower Pink for Skin Handmade soap to someone looking for a luxury natural handmade bars with appealing ingredients. Did you know that Cleopatra used to bathe in milk and she is known for her beautiful skin . Since we mere mortals can’t afford gallons of milk just for bathing, I’m happy on thinking this bar gets me somewhat closer to that experience (I would like to think so) My next buy from SOulflower would be ‘bite me chocolate’ or ‘go mangoes’ or may be both . I wanna try their bath salts too. Now, suddenly bath time seems interesting!