Bridal Files: The Engagement

by mehak on July 15, 2012

in Bridal Blog, Bridal files countdown

Day 2 of the wedding celebrations (the day after youngsters), was the mehendi in the morning and the engagement in the evening. I’m still awaiting the Mehendi pics, so ill put those when i actually get them, but Day 2 was extremely hectic. After sleeping the previous night at 4 am, i had to wake up early for Mehendi which by far was the most torturous experience of my life. Dont get me wrong, the mehendi was gorgeous, but it took like 6 hoursssss and i honestly dont have that kind of patience, specially because he wrapped up by 5 pm  and then i had to rush to get ready for the engagement! If i can give one word of advice to brides – keep the evening of your mehendi free !!! Putting mehendi is exhaustinggg ugh!  I had two cans of red bull before heading out because i really felt i would collapse and i honestly dont love mehendi that much to sit for it for 6 hours. Grr!  More mehendi stories later, but Engagement was the function which was kind of like cocktail/Engagement so there were performances and general dancing, apart from the exchanging of the rings.

The engagement was hosted by the boy’s family so my family entered together with 2 dhol wallas leading the way into the hotel. If i didnt have to be the elegant, demure bride i would have just done bhangra with them and danced my way to my seat , but i refrained. Then followed the ring exchanging, a small pooja and stuff and then the performances !

Cutest Performance of the Night: My mom and dad on Laung da lishkara, Boys Family on “Ek Panjaban Dil Chura ke le gaee’ (Referring to me )

Second Cutest Performance of the Night: My aunts (maami’s and maasi’s ) doing an item number- the Parda Parda one gauhar khan did in Once upon a time in Mumbai, They refused to dance on some boring old song, they said theyre no ‘aunties’!!

Surprise / Jaw Dropping Performance of the Night: The Boy with his friends dancing on ‘Im sexy and i know it ‘. Im not kidding, in the middle of the Bollywood  performances he got up from my side , said he will be back in a minute and next thing i know he is on stage, performing with his friends on ‘ Im sexy and i know it’ and doing pretty graphic pelvic thrusts to the wordings ‘Iv got passion in my pants and i aint afraid to show it ‘. LOL. Half of me wanted to sink into the ground and hide my face and the other half  wanted to jump up and scream. Needless to say, my family didn’t let me live down that performance!!!

Fun Performances of the night: The Boys dad and sisters on ‘ Papa toh baand bajaye’ , My cousins on Tu Mera Hero, My friends on CHikni CHameli (I had choreographed this), so i was doing the steps with my hand sitting on the bride and groom sofa, just in case they forgot!

Rocking Performance of the night: My brothers, all of whome are frankly brilliant dancers to Angrezi Beat, Pungi and Tashan me Rehna.

Brilliant Dancers of the Night: Boys cousin brother, My cousin sister (who people thought was a professional dancer we had hired).

My solo: Bahaara (I didnt love this song, but i was so short of options by the end, i just wanted to do a nice loive song that wasnt soppy and Bahaara fgit the bill.) I remember a reader suggesting me this song, so THANK you whoever you are, i don’t remember but someone emailed me with song optionsss!

Group Family Performance: Rum Rum Whiskey (The dhol dhol song) from Vicky Donor.

Boy and Mine Performance:  Started with ‘Rabta ‘ (One of my fav songs ever),  ended with ‘Tum Mile’.

If my family had the better dancers (im being honest, we are a family of dancers), then the boys family more than made up for it with their enthusiasm and cuteness. There was obviously craziness on the dance floor once the DJ came on as well !!! I don’t think i ate the whole night, i just wanted to dance, get pictures clicked and in general partyyyy!

The Suneet Verma Gown (Remixed)- Love it or Hate it?

All my apprehensions about that grey gown were put to rest, because i dont think it ended up looking as dull as i was fearing it to be. Infact in the sea of pinks i thought it was a bit different. What i also did to make it look a little less gown like and more indian, i bought gold chantilly lace and got it encrusted with sequins and embroidery. I hung that on one shoulder and then from the back, made a Ú’ and pinned it to the other side. It somehow gave an indian touch to the whole outfit so it didnt look as gown-ish.

Makeup and Hair was done by a lady called Doris in Hyderabad!

PS: I dont put up pictures of the boy because those are kind of private ! Not because im obsessed with myself!

Fahima July 16, 2012 at 12:05 am

Wow! you look stunning! And i LOOOOVEE what the lady next to you in the 3rd picture is wearing- her white sari with pink and orange flowers is to die for!!

mehak July 16, 2012 at 12:16 am

Thats an anjali arjun !!!

Nivedita July 16, 2012 at 12:11 am

Mehak, this looks like the Indian weddings, more specifically the Punjabi movies that we see only in movies!!!
I’m glad that all of your wishes came true. I can’t help feeling happy for you :)

tannima July 16, 2012 at 12:21 am

this is soo cute.. and punjabis are born dancers.. :P all ur family memebers look so cute in the collage…. reading the list of songs I wanna start daancing now..:D

and the gown looks amazing looks so different for a bride to be….

richss July 16, 2012 at 12:35 am

u r looking like a princess..i wonder how u wld have managed to look more beautiful on wedding day..
ur gown is lovely..u r pretty pretty pretty..
by reading ur posts i start to imagine how my wedding wld sound..
happy fr u..:) :)

Emm July 16, 2012 at 12:41 am

I lovee the gown and I love what you did to the gown. Oh and gorgeous doesn’t even begin to cover the way you’re looking ! ;)

I mean it in a completely non-stalker way!!

Pooja@IBC July 16, 2012 at 12:50 am

Awesome event Mehak, looks like everybody had tons of fun & you look stunning in the Gown, so flirty and ethereal :) Doris did a great job with that half up half down hair do and those crystal accessories in your hair, look sooo pretty!

mehak July 16, 2012 at 2:24 pm

Thanks Pooja!

Xuvious July 16, 2012 at 12:59 am

You look amazing and the dress is gorgeous! I love the entire setup!
And the dance photos are so cute… Very happy for you!! ^_^

Neha July 16, 2012 at 1:06 am

Mehak Our wait is over and I must say what a start!!!!!!!!!!!!!! U look pretty always but there is something in ur face that looks different i noticed it first in ur Bachelorette Party u look so angelic and glowy!!! Everyone looks so good everything is so organized on stage Love it!!!!! Love ur outfit and u carried the gown very gracefully I must say and great buy!!!!! I really would like to see u dancing just a request!!!!!!!!! Lots of Wishes and will be waiting for more posts….

swaths July 16, 2012 at 1:08 am

You dress is all princessy and out of fairy tale type! Honestly when i scrolled down to the last picture i was like “The looks pretty , but it looks prettier on her’ :)

swaths July 16, 2012 at 1:09 am

Typo! The gown looks pretty, but it looks prettier on you!

mehak July 16, 2012 at 2:24 pm

Hehe got that. Yeah i didnt love the gown on its own but once it was on me, i just didnt want to let it go.

Shreyashi July 16, 2012 at 1:15 am

Mehak… I shall keep it short and simple. You are the most beautiful bride I have ever seen :)

mehak July 16, 2012 at 2:24 pm

Aww. Ill keep it short and simple too. Thats the sweetest compliment i have ever recieved.

Bhumika July 16, 2012 at 1:52 am

The pics look awesome..super fun..loved the gown..and the way u remixed too..and I too loved that sari in the first pic with orange n pink flowers..

divya g July 16, 2012 at 1:58 am

Oh my gosh, you look absolutely breathtaking. I mean it!x x x

anjali July 16, 2012 at 2:33 am

i love your blog and i eagerly wait for your bridal posts. these pics are lovely and u are looking soo pretty and i loved your whole look and the way you have remixed it. And Congratulations n have a happy married life ahead.

Swati R July 16, 2012 at 2:59 am

you are looking gorgeous.. I loved that gown.. it;s really looking different, giving an angelic look :)

Ansh July 16, 2012 at 3:08 am

this was totally a punjabi bollywood engagement! i will have one tooooooo! :P
why were u so worried haan? the ghera is so gorgeous
and i dont know why but we have mehendi d night bfore d wedding and engagement is usually 2-3 days (or months) before it.

mehak July 16, 2012 at 2:16 pm

Hehe, so..still will make fun of girls who wear gowns on functions????

Chris July 16, 2012 at 3:18 am

You look better than Kate Middleton, Mehak!!!!

And I can’t believe The Boy danced to “I’m Sexy and I Know It”. I wish I could have seen that. :D

Renji July 16, 2012 at 5:26 am

Mehak….U look like a princess:) lovely dress….:)

Frances July 16, 2012 at 5:40 am

Mehak, you are just radiant in these pictures! And the grey gown is just perfect. Sometimes in an Indian wedding, the riot of colours makes it hard for a bride to really stand out, but this colour is so refreshing and elegant. The duppatta was a fab addition; it does Asian-ise it, and makes it look more romantic and demure.

Good call on keeping The Boy’s face mostly private, it’s nice to share some things with everyone, but you also want some details of your wedding to be reserved for friends and family. It’s great that you guys respect each other’s space like that.

Man, your wedding sounds such fun!

mehak July 16, 2012 at 2:23 pm

Hieee Frances !!!
Egg-zackly! Didnt want to give two many of those close up photographs or special phtorgaphs of us both…those can be reserved for being framed in my new living room! (Which reminds me- i might just start a ‘decor on a budget’ series :p)

Thanks for the gown, i was apprehensive earlier but i think the lighting really bought out the silver and lilac-ness of the gown rather than the grey-ness..

Gwen @ Makeup Toys July 16, 2012 at 7:58 am

The dress is beautiful! :)

Nidhi Mahajan July 16, 2012 at 9:50 am

You look gorgeous! Love your attire. Makes you look all princess-like! Hair and make-up gorgeous too!

anjali July 16, 2012 at 10:14 am

Wow.. Mehak, you are soo pretty.. Gown looks beshtest on you rather on its own..

mehak July 16, 2012 at 2:21 pm

Thats why i bought it. It looked okay as it is, but once i tried it on i just had to have it !

Crazy Indian Bride July 16, 2012 at 10:18 am

You look amazing in that gown!!! and great idea about teaming it with a chunni, ‘indian-izing’ it a bit.
Looks really pretty!

the pic of u n the boy is soo cute. God bless!!

Crazy Indian Bride July 16, 2012 at 10:21 am

OOh and love thoes tiny things on ur hair!!!

PS : how come you have the necklace only in some pictures?? ( *confused*) , didnt loose it right :P

mehak July 16, 2012 at 2:43 pm

Hey…no…i entered wth the earrings, but in the engagement the boys family gifts you a set na. So after the entrance and the ooja they put the necklace on me..

Crazy Indian Bride July 16, 2012 at 7:03 pm

oooh , silly me,,, you look great both ways :)

mehak July 16, 2012 at 2:21 pm

Thank you!!!! :) :)
Yeah, it needed indianisation i think..

shivani July 16, 2012 at 10:27 am

Purrfect!

Aditi Pednekar July 16, 2012 at 10:37 am

All this fun you mentioned in this post is the precise reason why I am absolutely in love with Punjabi weddings!! Needless to say but I still will – You looking toooo pretty!! And the outfit you bought in 4 mins is totally working ;)

mehak July 16, 2012 at 2:20 pm

Hehe thanks aditi!!!!

Meenu July 16, 2012 at 10:44 am

WOW! you look like an ummm…. “Apsara” zameen pe.
OMG i want to get married right now…. everything looks so fasinating

Fani July 16, 2012 at 11:00 am

OMG u look fabullous..gorgeous… all the pics are awesome and looks like u all had a gala time.

Kejal July 16, 2012 at 11:06 am

Lovely pics!!

Tanmayee July 16, 2012 at 11:14 am

lovely gown, you can give the Cannes actresses a miss :) …..

Nirah July 16, 2012 at 11:17 am

You look beautiful!

Rima July 16, 2012 at 11:31 am

gorgeous gown,superb hairstyle and beautiful makeup and a pretty face- makes you look like sum angel!!Thats a lot of masti we can see on the pics,i loove the 1st photo whr u r standing wth the 2 other beautiful ladies.and that red bull thing is so funny..hehe,and the boy’s family dancing to “ek punjaban…” is so sweet. :)

Prabhjyot July 16, 2012 at 11:45 am

I just love the gown…love to read everything…made me remember my wedding… even i chose to wear something different but at my reception.. U r looking like a princess… :) Wish u a blissful married life.. God Bless u both…

sandhyaa July 16, 2012 at 12:16 pm

you look like an angel…loved all the pictures…your hair goes perfect with the gown…and no it does not look dull at all…when you showed us gown pictures before i was thinking it will give you red carpet look, but you transformed it very well. ek punjaban song thing is really sweet.
p.s. – one short video ? if not harming your privacy ??

Priyanka July 16, 2012 at 2:04 pm

OMG…u look like a Barbie Doll….Tinker Bell :D
Ur dress is simply WOWWWWWWWWWWWWW……and u looking really really pretty.. :)
i love ur hairstyle too…and what are those little white buds on your hair…

Waiting for more pics of the other functions..and Specially of ur D day.. :)

mehak July 16, 2012 at 2:20 pm

Hi Priyanka, Those are little pins with swarovski on the end. The makeup artist did all that!

Aparajita July 16, 2012 at 2:27 pm

I remember you writing that when you first tried on this gown it felt as if it was made for…and now i completely second that statement…
It looks soo pretty on you…
Love how you indianised the whole thing…
i just keep bookmarking all your bridal files…
They are going to save me alot of time when I start my wedding prep…

SweetAndBitter July 16, 2012 at 2:31 pm

wonderful post….just trying to imagine how u might have felt when boy danced that way…LOL…..very cute post :D

Dolon July 16, 2012 at 2:44 pm

You look so pretty Mehak and I loved your dress….not the usual wedding ey type..Wish you and the boy lots of happiness:)

Dolon July 16, 2012 at 4:18 pm

Where did you buy the lace from??

mehak July 16, 2012 at 4:28 pm

Fabric shops in Lajpat Nagar!

mehak July 16, 2012 at 4:28 pm

Thanks Dolon!

Dolon July 16, 2012 at 6:38 pm

I have to go to Delhi just to shop!!!…Looking forward to your next post eagerly:)

Manvi Gandotra July 16, 2012 at 2:48 pm

You look absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations :)
New post up – 10 Simple Tips to get Shopping at Sales Right

sakhi July 16, 2012 at 3:15 pm

U look stunning

Sarwat July 16, 2012 at 4:55 pm

Mehak you are looking gorgeous…and those are lovely pic of urs and ur family…U look very beautiful :)

M July 16, 2012 at 5:07 pm

love love love your hairstyle !

Vaishnavi July 16, 2012 at 5:12 pm

Mehak, you look like a princes…love the dress!! i was waiting for this dress because you were so apprehensive about it :) :)

PS : i also liked what the “boy” is wearing, can you tell me what this is called? i’d like to file that away for my own festivities…

Vaishnavi July 16, 2012 at 5:13 pm

Also PS : i dont have a boy in mind, just like the idea of filing away all this without seeming rushed when i find him ;) ;) ;) ;)

mehak July 16, 2012 at 6:41 pm

Thats a jodhpuri style pant with a bandgala

Riya July 16, 2012 at 5:12 pm

Its the tinkerbell dress, right!!!ethereal! u look awesome!

Marib Maqsood July 16, 2012 at 5:15 pm

Your dress is stunning! Such a dreamy mehndi. Love Indian kaam walay kapre.

sweetashoney July 16, 2012 at 5:43 pm

Hello Mehak!!
looking at your gorgeous engagmennt pics I am litterally gobsmacked… dumbfounded and amazed at the rich diversity, colour and joy you must have experienced on that night. The beautiful pictures which you have chosen to share with us your loyal readers makes ME especially feel part of it in Spirit!
I think your gown is breathtaking and the chantilly lace idea for a wrap/dupatta/shawl definitly indianified the stunning dress!!!
Masha Allah you looked gorgeous!!
Cant wait to see the rest of the photos and all the Details!!!!!
Being South African born indian (my grandparents were born in India) and reading your blog makes me feel closer to my “homeland”.
Shukriya and well done….keep those posts coming……Im waiting with baited breath!!!

prerna July 16, 2012 at 6:09 pm

wowwww mehak…that was really a fun swt awesome engagment…! ..u ;ook a princess/ doll/ cinderella :)

n d gown so dint look dull..while seeing the photos i was wondering if it was the same gown you had apprenhesions about…cuz it lookes so pretty and different at d same time…
awesome honeymoon u had and sure you are enjoying your newly married space !

Ritika July 16, 2012 at 6:33 pm

Ur just oozing beauty and cute-ness Mahek! Lovely pix! LOVE the gown! Very very pretty, ur bridal files are like such a fairytale! I hope I have the same luck as u *touchwood* :)

FAHEE July 16, 2012 at 6:57 pm

you are looking like a princess gal..loved your glow and the outfit

Jyoti July 16, 2012 at 7:59 pm

You look so so pretty Mehak. :D loved the gown, ur hair style the makeup, the stage, the photos…every thing. It feels straight out of a movie. :) So happy that you got what you wanted. A big fat Indian wedding. ;)

Crazy Indian Bride July 16, 2012 at 8:53 pm

Cant wait to read your Mehendi and shaadi stories!

Do i sound like a stalker? #think

suna July 17, 2012 at 1:56 am

wow you look pretty mehak..jes like a princess..seeing all ur pics i jes feel d happines der..
cant wait fr d marriag pics ^_^

thevowsandbeyond July 17, 2012 at 9:38 am

You look fab Mehek!! Congrats – hope you’re settling into domesticity well. I loved the gown, but the dupatta really pulled it together. Great idea and well done :D

ramya July 17, 2012 at 3:16 pm

hi mehak this is ur new follower .u look stunning in your dress.i loves ur blog.i am visiting ur blog since 3 months.u inspired me a lot.i love the u express ur reviews about cosmetics

ramya July 17, 2012 at 3:28 pm

very swwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeetttttttt

San July 17, 2012 at 5:15 pm

FINALLY..i was getting rather desperate to see the pictures and that one far shot of the engagement was driving me crazy :)–u look Gorgeous..that dress n hair style are a perfect match..i love the earrings and wish i could have seen the shoes.the first picture is so beautiful i keep scrolling back to it.u r looking every bit the perfect demure shy pretty bride 2 b in the last snap..and i second the notion for a short video-if it doesnt intrude on ur privacy-i would love to see that dress being swirled around :)

philamazan July 17, 2012 at 8:37 pm

omg!! love d gown and the indian thing you made out of it!!! love d color!! you looked stunning!!1

mehak July 18, 2012 at 12:02 am

Thanks zan zan!!!!

Faiza Amin July 17, 2012 at 9:32 pm

hi mehal,,i love ur blog,,,,especially the bridal files are stunning,,,,recently read your almost all blog posts…love ur review and tutirials,,especially winged eyeliner tutorial…

Simran July 18, 2012 at 2:34 am

Hey! I have been following your blog for a long time and I love it. I find all the information and all the suggestions really helpful. But I seem to have a problem with one little thing.. its really sad to see such a confident working girl being so insecure. The reason you did not put up the pics of your bridal trousseau is not because of your mom, its because YOU didn’t want to show us all your outfits (which is acceptable! every bride wants to “wow” people and doesn’t want people to steal her outfit ideas). Second, you dont put pictures of the “boy” because you are insecure/jealous that we might go “oo la la” over him or tell you how hot he is.. (lets be honest, he is a shorty so prolly no attraction there). So please stop being insecure or jealous because u are a confident educated girl who shouldn’t be worrying about these things. And I am sorry if I sound rude but this constructive criticism is in good light. Take care :)

mehak July 18, 2012 at 11:02 am

Err..Insecure /Jealous? LOL. Then i dont think you know me that well.
The boys photograph has already been put up in a post titled the boyfriend tag. I just dont like my personal information splashed all across the world. Why would i be insecure if somepne finds him hot? Lol. I would love that, im married to a hot guy yayie !!! ‘Shortie’ – yup he is!! Im 5″7.5 yoouo see, and he is 2 inches taller than me so hes perfect for me though!
As for outfit ideas, that couldnt be further from the truth. Anyone whose been following my blog for a year will kow how open i am about where i bought them from and how much they cost. Secondly- if a reader emails me , iv even sent photos of them across. Its a question of things that are special to you being open to mass public. I dont think you realise but this blog gets about more than 2 lakh visitors a month and i have no way of verifying who is nopping around here for what purpose- i like to keep some things private. And by the way ( “ëvery bride doesnt want people to steal outfit ideas” …umm..im not that kind of bride. I dotn care if someone wears the exact same thing as me, i know ill still look good frankly- thats why when readers email me about frontier i tell them the exact model number of my lehenga which i picked up. Plus if i was insecure why would i even share them now?? You do realise that these outfit posts have gotten me the maximum amount of traffic ever !!! I would have no problem putting them up- more posts like this, more traffic !!!!

You dont sound rude, its just somewhat baffling to me that people dont realise how open i am compared to other bloggers about my life, but seem to just expect that all details about my own life are supoosed to be public knowledge. Thats why even family photographs are always kept to small photos and not big size photos.

Priya July 18, 2012 at 11:06 am

Before Mehak replies, im sorry but i think your comment is totally uncalled for. I am someone who is getting married soon and no blogger except mehak has been so helpful/open about outfits/bridal tips etc. I think its upto her how much privacy she wants to have, specially since her photographs have already been misused in the past but you obviously dont know that!

As for bridal trousseau, even im not allowed to show my bridal trousseau to anyone, my mom is like that too its not a question of’bride stealing ideas’ , its a question of it almost being a sacred thing atleast in mmy religion.

Priyanka July 18, 2012 at 11:35 am

I agree with you priya..
We call it Personal Life..as it is personal to us…and not for public display…:P…and i dont think dats an insecurity…
And this blog has helped me to plan and prepare everything beforehand than being a Bridezillaaaa… :D
Which would have never happend without Mehak…!!!…so keep rocking Mehak..!! :)

Nirah July 18, 2012 at 11:41 am

Hey Simran
I am assuming you are not 13yrs old, so you can tell when you are being rude and when you are being bitchy. I am sure you know the difference . And how is your comment- criticism as you call it, constructive!!!

Hey Mehak, I am sure you dont need anybody to speak for you, I was just giving Simran my two cents! and I managed to do it without being rude.So it is possible I guess! :)

janisjoplinfan July 18, 2012 at 2:00 pm

my dear Simran
When you say constructive criticism, I would like to know what dictionary u follow…your comment just seems vicious and uncalled for..Poor mehak is hounded by bridal requests and other post inquiries, you could have also asked for those but no, the moment you start commenting about The Boy you seem pathetic and downright tacky and jealous..He’s Mehak’s boy and not yours so respect her decision to keep him out of the pics.
Just because Mehak is way more open about her life than other bloggers don’t expect that you have a right on her life..Understand some boundary issues, woman!!
And if u love this blog like many of us out there, you should just thank god that Mehak has been extraordinarily open and secure about her image and her outfits..Otherwise trust you me, noone believe me NOONE ever helps out a fellow bride this much!!

P.S sorry for the long comment Mehak.. and btw i love it that u went ahead with a different color (for a bride)..it looks beautiful..pinks and reds are overdone anyways :P

suna July 18, 2012 at 8:55 pm

Constructive..oh please! Constructiveness doesnt includes commenting on another girl’s boyfriend and pointing about their height for that matter ! Its so mean of you! Seeing your comment i see that your the one who feel insecure/jealous. She is confident enough to open a blog & have 1500+ followers , so jes stop try’n to be her mama! Sorry if i was rude, i am jes giving a constructive reply to u dear ;)

ramya July 18, 2012 at 10:24 am

happy married life. this is my obligation-once u visit south india never miss our srirangam temple.lord ranganathar bless u a wonderful life.(along with ur spouse)

ramya July 18, 2012 at 10:25 am

i am a new blogger .dont mistaken me didi.

kirti kaushik July 18, 2012 at 11:52 am

hii mehak im ur new follower..
ur blog is really helping me a lot for my bridal shopping. its a great blog.
CONGRATULATIONS for ur wedding wish u very happy married life ahead.. :)
n hey u r looking so pretty in this gown just stunning… :)

tashfia July 18, 2012 at 1:27 pm

mehak !! congrats !!! loved everything about your engagement !! where’s the earrings / set from ??

mehak July 18, 2012 at 1:31 pm

The boys family gifted that so i have no idea!

apoorva July 19, 2012 at 12:20 am

hey mehak i have been a silent reader of your blog.gotta say that u r gorgeous and i just love all your posts and evrythng actually including how you handle disgusting people also.i wud just get offended and omg whoever u r the constructive criticism giver its disgusting to say dat abt someone.when you hav nthng good or meaningful to say den dnt say nythng at all!!,mehak u n ur husband are perfect and 5’9 is no way short.i think you both look perfect! touchwood!! :D p.s i never comment like this but that comment somehow really offended me bcoz i really love your blog and personality :) take care

mehak July 19, 2012 at 10:05 am

Aww thanks Apurva!!!
Everyone has an opinion, its a policy to not delete any type of comments on this blog unless theyr abusive !!!! Sure, some are ruder or more vicious than others but i guess iv learnt to laugh everything off. Its the best policy. :p

Divya July 19, 2012 at 9:02 am

Love your dress! and you look so pretty!!Congrats Mehak!

Tani July 19, 2012 at 11:46 am

Hey Mehak! I love your blog.. I am such an ardent fan of your beautiful and informative blog!! Even though, I never comment but I make sure to check it once in two hours for your wedding updates and pictures! I can’t wait to see your wedding pictures! And girl, you look absolutely stunning at your engagement! I love the elegance and grace you carry with your outfit. Congratulations on getting married, may you have an amazing life filled with happiness and laughter!

mehak July 19, 2012 at 12:17 pm

Thanks Tani !!! :)

D July 20, 2012 at 12:25 am

Mehak,
i hardly ever comment, but absolutely love ur blog. it takes something to open up about such minute details. n i feel, the level to which you are providing us with information, is absolutely perfect. we r here for some common interests and much needed help. and m sure almost all of us here r more than happy with d tiny details u provide.
the comment which was made, shouldnt be taken seriously at all.
1. its not constructive criticism.
2. d writer feels shes a psychologist. cuz she says.. mehak.. u did this cuz u felt like like this! u dint do this.. cuz u dint feel like this! hahahahah!!!

its an extremely helpful blog girl. n u catch d exact apprehension of a paranoid bride-to-be. thats wat i like about it. looking forward 2 reading all d details of ur wedding decking up.. dos n donts…!!
n trust me, none of us here want any details which r out of ur comfort zone. :)

mehak July 20, 2012 at 11:09 am

Thanks for your support D! :)

thedelhibride July 20, 2012 at 3:50 pm

Wow, just read the comment by Simran. And really, just wanted to say that you truly are the most helpful blogger around, always responding quickly to God knows how many queries you must be bombarded with in a day! It is your blog that made me realise how easy it would be if all would-be brides just shared notes with each other. In real life, you can do that with your friends and cousins who’ve got married recently, or are getting married soon. But, that group of people is limited. On the internet, the group of fellow brides is an endless list! So thanks to you, I’m hoping all the info I share helps other brides, and am getting so much help from brides I’ve never met but are in the same situation as I am in. Thanks a lot Mehak, for helping us out over the last few months (since I’ve been following your blog), and thanks a lot for all the inspiration – makeup, and bridal! Lots of blog love to you :)

Crazy Indian Bride July 20, 2012 at 11:07 pm

OMG! just read Simran’s comment.

Girl you responded so calmly to that I would have ripped her out, You have truly been the most helpful blogger, I write a bridal blog myself and I still cant bring up the nerve to put my personal pictures up, when you clearly do that and respond to each one of us with any help you can offer.

The boy and you are perfect, that girl is just plain a jealous psyco.

Forget my mom I myself dont put up most of my trousseau pictures, its true about bad ‘nazar’ even if thats not true, some things are just very personal. Plus you always let us know the shops you have got your things from, which is way more helpful than anything else.

Love you blog!

sam July 20, 2012 at 11:30 pm

Loved the pictures! You look so pretty and the gown looked fabulous! Love the addition of lace. Can I ask you for a favour? Where did you buy the chantilly lace? Thanks.

su April 8, 2013 at 11:27 pm

It never ceases to surprise me whenever I look at this pic of yours that you look angelic , u know the kinds of fluffed white clouds and sweet cupid singing……m simply enraptured by your beauty…..this is an amazing gown…..how much did it cost u?

Aman August 25, 2013 at 12:39 pm

Absolutely gorgeous gown n the whole look.. U’re so creative mehak..

Aman August 25, 2013 at 12:48 pm

I know this comment is way too post mature, but I’ve just recently discovered it blog when I was looking for ideas for my wedding, n how!!
I came across it when I saw a girl’s pic on her mehendi(that was u, mehak :]) wearing something quite similar to what I had in mind for my own, n u looked amazing in that so I knew I’m on the right track(hope I’m able to look half as good).. N today, I saw thsee pictures of it gown n I was gobsmacked… I had been thinking along those lines for one of my functions too!!!! What r the chances of that?! But I didn’t think I’d have the guts to pull it off.. Now I have inspiration though, I’ll ask for ur advice when I start looking for the dress

Aman August 25, 2013 at 12:54 pm

N I know it’s not my place to reply, but I’m surprised at this girl simran.. How could anyone say something so vicious to such a helpful person.. I’ve hardly begun following this blog n I already know how sweet a person mehak is.. She’s answered my queries with a lot of patience n didn’t keep me waiting at all.. It’s even evident in the way she replied to it comment without being rude at all
I think u’re amazing, mehak

Kiran November 22, 2013 at 1:44 am

Hey Mehak! Where did you get that chantilly lace embroidered? How much was it to get the embroidery done? I have a couple of plain chiffon silk sarees that were my grandmothers and I kind of want to get light embroidery on them to bring them up to today’s age. Or should I just head over to kinnari bazaar and attach some borders? What do you think?

mehak November 22, 2013 at 12:21 pm

Hi Kiran
Just my neighbourhood boutique !!! Anyone can do it- but if yr looking at chiffon.silk then those look better with borders so yeah go to kinari…

herindianthought February 7, 2014 at 10:55 pm

Oh my god! Mehak, you’re really pulling this gown off!