Bridal Files: The Wedding

by mehak on July 20, 2012

in Bridal Blog, Bridal files countdown

If you are an NRI reading this, and need help in Bridal Lehenga Shopping in Delhi, or would just like to get something custom made from India while you relax abroad, read about our Bridal Shopping Service: Brides by Peaches & Blush

I find it so uncanny, that i started the bridal files with a photo taken off google of a brides hand  in this sort of a pose, and im ending it with an actual picture of me in a somewhat similar pose

You know how every bride has that picture of what she wants to look like on her wedding day. Well for me, somehow that picture didnt quite transform into reality as much as i had hoped it would. It honestly was a question of racing against time and like they say, no weddings a wedding without some last minute goof ups right?

It started when i reached the venue at 3 pm, thinking ill relax, sleep in the room and wait for my makeup artist to arrive at 5. First of all, the venue people refused to accept that im a bride and i have a booking there. I seriously just looked at them and said “Dude, i have red bangles on my hand , mehendi till my neck almost , an engagement ring, haldi on my face and oil in my hair. Do you REALLLY think i like roaming around like this trying to con hotels into thinking im a bride?????”. Well, i guess that scared them, because i was in my room soon after but an hour and a half had already gone by!!

The next thing- my makeup artist was late by an entire hour and a bit more. And she was not just doing my makeup, my cousin wanted to get her makeup and hair done by her too!! So yeah, by the time i could hear the baaraat at the gate, i was just starting with everything. PANIC. The baraats there and im still in my bloody pyjamas!! “Please boys friends, please dance like you are Shiela’s / Munnis and keep dancing” i prayed, and thankfully they did. Makeup and hair happened in a rushed way though , i put on my lehenga and one thing i regret- i had no time to ‘FLuff my can-can under the lehenga’ . Sigh. I had bought that lehenga because it had a humungous huge  ghera (flare), and i just had to rush so much that fluffing it slipped my mind!

Bridal Lehenga from Frontier Raas

Price of Lehenga: Rs 1.2 Lakhs before discount. After discount, a little less than a lakh

The Entry

Every bride wants a good entry, and i had been planning mine since like forever. When i was entering i made the music change to “Punjab”  by Karunesh. For those of you who dont recognize that song- its an old, slow, folk song with like a haunting quality (Haye re mere dadiya rabba…) . I love that bridal entry song!!!!

(PS: when my chacha got married , the dj put on ‘BHeege honth tere, pyaasa tan mera ” when my chachi entered and she obviously hated it since it is frankly the lAST song you want to enter too!!!. So please make sure you know your song before hand)

My sisters formed two rows with diyas in their hands and the hall lights dimmed so the diyas flickered in the darkness, there was a palm leaf flat on the hand on which there were diyas. I walked behind them in the centre under a flower mesh that my brothers held together.

The ‘Standing’ vs ‘Sitting ‘Fiasco.

So you know, i never really thought about mine and the boys wedding being cross cultural since so many customs were similar. It came to really bite me in the behind on the wedding day. You see in my family, and in punjabi weddings in general the groom and the bride seat comfortably on the sofa, while the guest flank them on either side from behind the sofa etc. Now, i had a pretty heavy dupatta on the head ( I should have taken the lighter one- but this one was so pretty, and had that royal blue facing on the inside that i wanted this one), and i had assumed i would be sitting which was pretty comfortable. But in Hyderabad apparently, you have to stand all throughout your wedding as guests come and meet you. Frankly, that guests meeting bit took about two and a half hours. So i stood there with a zillion pins digging into my skull, my 2 kg dupatta throwing my head back and just wanting to cry. I kept cribbing, boy kept getting annoyed because he didnt understand what the big deal was  , but now when i look back at it i laugh because in the video both me and the boy are all smiley and laughey and only i know that what looks like a ‘sweet nothing’ on camera is me actually whispering curses into his ear!

Aww moment- the super awesome pandit-ji who said ‘You may kiss the bride’ after the feras. I loved thattt!! Though , we kept the kiss on the cheek (its still India you know!)

The camera didnt capture it the skirt has small little twinkling  crystals embedded in it which catch the light and sparkle! Look closely at the red flowers you wll see

The OUtfit and Makeup

The Bridal lehenga and why i chose it.

Because its different . Because while other brides look like red + bling, pink+ bling, orange+ bling on their wedding day ..this lehenga was…different !!! There was a riot of color on the skirt, the blouse was a different color and there  was not an overload of cham-cham overpowering the essence of the lehenga (Tell me, how many weddings have you gone to and actuallly remembered the design of the lehenga?) . I ADORED the skirt with all the threadwork of flowers and small rhinestones on it. I loved how fulll and flared the skirt (it was really MASSIVE, but i didnt fluff it so its like half its actual size) was and i loved the red and blue dupatta in contrast.  Some people felt it was ‘light’ , but i dont care.

The dupatta above came along with and i got an orange toned dupatta made (bought the border from Kinari Bazaar) and attached it!

Biggest outfit Compliment: “Did he make the second dupatta as well or you got that made” asked SomeoneWho he? ”I said confused . “Sabyasachiiii obv” she said. I grinned “Its not  Sabya , though im thrilled you would think that it is! “

Where i bought it from: Frontier Raas, South Ex.

The Accessories & Makeup

I did wear that waist belt of mine, see if you can spot it in the pictures.I also gave in and wore a  big nose ring on family pressure but it didnt look half as bad as i thought, I wore an armlet on one arm, Payals on both feet, flat juttis for shoes, a maang tikka, and the wedding set which was Polki.

Did i Love the Makeup? Honestly NO. I didnt love it, i thought it was okay but it was the best i found in Hyderabad and better than the tragic trials i had. Also i think at the time i was thinking because its done in a hurry it wont be good, but the photors have turned out really nice so alls well!

PS: So will Bridal Posts continue? Absolutely! I have a seperate tab called Bridal on the purple bar above, and while i may not be documenting my wedding madness (though there might be a couple of more óf my wedding madness as well) , there will still be outfits, makeup , makeup tips, artist recommendations etc.

PS: I also am launching a ‘Real Brides’ Feature where i will feature one bride every month or so, her outfits and her stories on this blog!!! If you are a bride to be, or know of someone who wants to be featured and is comfortabe sharing their pictures, where they bought they’r lehenga from etc, then do email me and you/they could be the next ‘P & B Real Bride!’

swaths July 20, 2012 at 9:13 pm

Hi Mehak!!
I’m so excited! You are looking lovely! i wanted to drop in the comment first! now i’ll go read the entire post! :)

swaths July 20, 2012 at 9:51 pm

Okay i’m back after reading the entire post. You look all glowy and absolutely gorgeous Mehak! Its been 5 months since i got married and you brought back memories ( its not been that long .. But we all like to be reminded of our weddings. Don’t we? ;)) You look gorgeous and the lehenga is lovely! :)

tannima July 20, 2012 at 11:53 pm

i am doinfg the same.. :P

arpita July 20, 2012 at 9:16 pm

the much awaited post mehek! loved it…

Devi July 20, 2012 at 9:20 pm

You look very pretty! :)

Jyoti July 20, 2012 at 9:22 pm

The lehenga is fab Mehak.You know the moment i saw the blouse the same thought came to my mind. Is it by Sabyasachi…:D Its like his treadmark no! And even though you are not satisfied with the makeup, you look lovely! :) My best wishes to both of you. <3
Jyoti recently posted..Faces Moisture Rich Lipstick "07 French Rose": Swatch & ReviewMy Profile

Rima July 20, 2012 at 9:26 pm

Super duper Cute bride!!I have liked your makeup,its subtle and glowy.Your lehenga is gorgeous!!!To me it kinda looked like a Abu-Sandeep creation actually. :) great choice dear!!though my wedding itself wil take around 4-5 yrs to happen but i would definitely love reading the bridal posts!:)

Rima July 20, 2012 at 9:40 pm

Ooops sorry my fault…i meant tarun tahiliani creation !!

ritika July 20, 2012 at 9:31 pm

hey…u luking so very pretty…i bought so many outfits in my wedding trousseau from frontier raas in south ex, but gt my lehenga done by my maasi who has a boutique in def col…but wasnt happy much as i wanted sooooooooooo flarry one and kept telling her to add can-can…she did but nthin that i expected.Also,the funniest part is that i wanted my wedding lehenga to be very very heavy,although it looked very heavy but was way too light…u wont believe i ran in my lehenga with 5″ heels throughout the corridor in Park continental in nehru place where my wedding took place…and had told the DJ guy to change the song on my entry but this one-’din shagna da chadya’…i love that!!!!(mee too punjabi n staying in gurgaon!!!!!)
my entry was same as urs under the” foolon ki cchaon” with dimmed lights except that my sisters and girlfrnds crowded me!!!!!!

ritika July 20, 2012 at 9:44 pm

its The Park-intercontinental eros.
My chura ceremony ws the most memorable as my maami gt a smaller size fr me by mistake but thank god CTC mall ws near to my ‘that’ house..my mom resides in punjabi bagh.

ritika July 20, 2012 at 9:31 pm

i am really missing all those days nw!!!!

mehak July 20, 2012 at 9:43 pm

Aww! Im going to miss it too in some time, omg you actually ran!!!!I swear i culd hardly move in my lehenga..it didnt look heavy but it was VERY heavy!!!

Reena July 20, 2012 at 9:45 pm

Hey! Thanks so much for sharing ur bridal files. I read ur blog before departing for my Delhi shopping trip for my wedding! It was very useful!Would love to share my experiences. Would also be great if you could do a post on music to be played at different wedding functions? Eg suggestions for entry/first dance etc??

mehak July 20, 2012 at 9:45 pm

Sure would do !!!! ALso let me know if you want me to feature you as a P & B ‘Real Bride’ …im starting a series!

Nidhi Mahajan July 20, 2012 at 9:49 pm

Oh my god, Mehak! You look ravishing! I agree that the lehenga is different and love it so much! Congratulations and have a great life ahead!
Nidhi Mahajan recently posted..Maybelline Clearglow BB Cream (01 Nude): Review & SwatchesMy Profile

Manvi Gandotra July 20, 2012 at 9:53 pm

You look simply stunning! I dont think anything really went wrong! And heartiest congratulations on your wedding!!!

New post up- Blue & Yellow- A color combo to try now

Sweet&Bitter July 20, 2012 at 10:02 pm

FINALLY! – most awaited lehenga! The thoughts that came to mind was – wow! thats different – people will actually remember this! Bling Bling Bling is just boring!
Loved the dupattas as well

ur real bride idea is awesome and luckily i got to see a bit of that bride groom palki mehendi – want to see a full pic:D
Sweet&Bitter recently posted..Shop Boots Products In India – ONLINE!!!!My Profile

Reena July 20, 2012 at 10:03 pm

Forgot to add ur lengha and u looked beautiful, the big nath really suited u. I’m still in two minds about wearing one or not, but it does complete the bridal look!
Cheers

Aparajita July 20, 2012 at 10:04 pm

I love the fact that you chose a non blingy lehnga…
Being a bong, we wear benarasi sari for the wedding….but my hubby to be is punjabi…so we are having a punjabi wedding…which means lehnga…and I have never worn one in my entire life..
So I am soo glad that you shared these pictures, now I know what to look for…

Needless to say you look really beautiful…I love your dupatta…the red and blue contrast looks absolutely amazing…
N thanks for the the bridal entry song tip..I am definitely gonna keep that in mind…no bheege honth for me either..;)
Aparajita recently posted..Are you feeding your feelings?My Profile

Reena July 20, 2012 at 10:04 pm

Yes u can feature me but wedding not till October in U.K.

shruti July 20, 2012 at 10:11 pm

I liked the lehenga, Mehak. They always showed me the Sabya knock offs at Frontier Raas which were too OTT for me. The thing was I liked one lehenga, another chunni and a blouse from a third set. So it was more about mixing and matching which I had no time for. I bought my lehenga in 2 days flat and flew in to Delhi for a week only! I had “Din sagan da chadya” played during my entrance. That song gives me the goosebumps everytime i hear it!
Damn, i had no idea the can can needs to be fluffed…no wonder I alwys felt that my lehenga fell a bit flat! LOL.

mehak July 20, 2012 at 10:29 pm

Its so difficult finding a lehenga in a week yknow..i am so happy i stay in dellhi cos i roamed around malls and stuff for like 2 months! The thing about frontier is, the first hour i was there i was like eww. Everything was rhinestoney and cheapy blingy. But somehow i got hold of the owner who is usually doing the rounds an explained to him what i wanted…and then from the back attic somewher he showed me this one !

Hehe, yaaaa it needs to be fluffedd!!! Im so wearing my lehenga for one of my cousins wedding and fluffing the life out of the can-can. Oh also, if you are ok with being featured an sharing outfit snaps let me know if you want to be my ‘Real Bride’ ..lol cheesy i know, but i saw some of your outfits on the chandni singh and you were gorgeousss!!! Let me know if yr comfortable, totally understand if yr not…

shruti July 20, 2012 at 10:45 pm

Haha tell you something? I actually thought the Frontier owner guy was a little shady. I was trying on a red and blue lehenga and he kept complimenting inappropriately like. “Oh you are soooo fair (which really I’m not.. not sooooo fair anyway)..you have the height (dude I’m like 5’4)”. He gave me the creeps! But you know there are a bunch of owners so may be this guy was the bad apple! :D
Anyway I found one that I loved at Ogaan and like they say all’s well that ends well!
Thanks so much for asking to be featured here Mehak, but I don’t think I’m ready to make such a private thing public :).

mehak July 20, 2012 at 10:47 pm

Totally understand that..no problem!!!!!!!
Oh the owner is totally shady, the tushhar guy yr talking about..he says things like ARre yeh tohh sabyasachi ka lehenga hai and i ws like..dude like i know its not. Relax. And he kept complimenting aiveee…but since he got me the nice lehengas i ignored him haha.

Swati R July 20, 2012 at 10:12 pm

wow your lehnga is really different.. and your bridal set is really beautiful…. by the way not only me but my mommy is also following your blog :)
Such a lovely bride :) I am glad you are going to write more in the Bridal series :)
God Bless you Both! :)
Swati R recently posted..Happy Healthy NailsMy Profile

Namita Malhotra July 20, 2012 at 10:16 pm

Hey Mehak ! Heartiest congratulations my dear :) sorry was off from Internet for few days that’s why couldn’t congratulate you earlier.
May you and the boy live happily ever after.
Your intro lines were my thoughts too. Sometimes things just connects haina :)
You looked lovely mehak :) Its quite similar to a Sabyasachi design and I really loved it. I am sure loads and loads of brides to be would take clues from ur entire wedding look.
And that song is so touching, I cry whenever I hear that,,,but totally apt for weddings, even my cousin had it at her bidaai time .The boy too coordinated his sherwani with your lehnga that cute :)
I detest the matching blingy full of stones wedding sets that is on so called trend these years,,,its so good to see you wearing that polki set.
and the nose ring is suiting you my dear :) looks perfect on your face.

All in all a beautiful bride and a beautiful wedding :) Bless you :)

mehak July 20, 2012 at 10:29 pm

Thanksss Nidhi!!
Yes i didnt like the nose ring inititallly but i thought it gave the whole bridal look eventually!

anu sachdeva July 20, 2012 at 10:19 pm

looking very pretty n lehnga was very stylish..very nice

Gwen @ Makeup Toys July 20, 2012 at 10:24 pm

Love your bridal dress! Such a pretty blue and look so modern! Lovely Dress!
Gwen @ Makeup Toys recently posted..Review: The Best Matte Lipsticks On A Budget!My Profile

Renisha July 20, 2012 at 10:28 pm

Just Wow!!! your outfit is superrr pretty !! Congrats Mrs.Mehak!! :)) (sorry its a bit too late,been out of blogging scene for a while!)

She Rockin Them Stilettos
Renisha recently posted..How To Style High-Waist ShortsMy Profile

Tanmayee July 20, 2012 at 10:40 pm

lovely lovely aww s pretty bride you made Mehak !! loved everything abt your look ……..may god bless you both!
Tanmayee recently posted..Patanjali Aloe Vera Gel ReviewMy Profile

Purva July 20, 2012 at 10:43 pm

You really look very pretty Mehak… btw, wat is fluffing of lehenga with cancan??

mehak July 20, 2012 at 10:48 pm

Hehe…oh see under the lehenga there is a net ka thing which makes the lehenga stand up stiff. Thats called the can-can. Fluffing it mean you make sure the net is all phul-aoed an spread out so yr lehenga is also spread out over it..

Purva July 20, 2012 at 10:55 pm

oohk… i’m a maharashtrian.. n have never been so close to a north indian bride to ever know about all such intricacies!!! do post a pic with ur fluffed up skirt as well.. it be good to know hw much diff can that make.. :)

divya g July 20, 2012 at 10:47 pm

I absolutely loved the skirt design, anything floral and I am besotted; it is very different to the norm though don’t worry ‘bling’, I still love you too lol.

Haven’t read the post yet so I am going to do that now, was just too impatient to read and write a comment.x x x

mehak July 20, 2012 at 10:50 pm

Haha…dont worry i love me some blign too..yll love my trousseau its all swarovski work and stuff sarees like that!!!

Crazy Indian Bride July 20, 2012 at 10:51 pm

Finally after months of waiting we get to see the lehengha!!!

Looking really pretty!!

I think I have said it before, and I will say it again tiny errors make the day special and memorable, hope you stayed calm through it ( I would have freaked out and acted like a complete bridzilla)

So glad your bridal files are gonna continue!! I was thinking earlier today only what would happen once the final D day post comes. So happy we get more under bridal files!!
Crazy Indian Bride recently posted..Random Rambling 1: Suits Vs SareeMy Profile

Dolon July 20, 2012 at 10:52 pm

You looked beautiful…and the lehenga is so pretty.. Hats off to the panditji..how cute was he!
Dolon recently posted..Win This Victoria’s Secret Fragrance Mist!My Profile

Neha July 20, 2012 at 11:01 pm

Mehak u look one stunning bride…loved ur lehanga and the draping style.. I liked how ur cousins/bros color coordinated… Congrats once again and have a happy married life :)

Jan July 20, 2012 at 11:13 pm

You look super pretty and love the lehenga! Its very classy and elegant.
Also , a suggestion. Do not restrict your “real bride” posts to only north indian/punjabi weddings. Weddings in the south are very very different from what you guys have. It would be lot more diverse to see weddings from all over.

mehak July 20, 2012 at 11:41 pm

Hi Jan, oh not at all!!! any one from any region is more than welcome!

Jan July 20, 2012 at 11:14 pm

Oh and I hope you are planning to makeup breakdown for your wedding look..You look very glowy in a nice way!

kirti July 20, 2012 at 11:35 pm

hey mehak u r looking so gorgeous n pretty…
prettiest bride.. :)
n ur lehenga is fab…
different n beautiful…
n looking even more beautiful on u…
congrats again..:)

nitika bhatia July 20, 2012 at 11:35 pm

oh goshh.. you look sooo pretty !! Punjab is a beautiful song.. I love it myself : )
Congratulations dear <3
Love
Nitika
The Shopaholic Diaires

Harman July 20, 2012 at 11:36 pm

You look absolutely gorgeous. My sister’s friend wore the same lehnga and its so pretty. Congratulations once again :)
Harman recently posted..Mac mineralize skinfinish natural review- Medium plusMy Profile

Varuna July 20, 2012 at 11:37 pm

Hey Mehak,

You looked absolutely gorgeous :) … Lehnga is pretty too… I knew you’ll be a beautiful bride :)

Well, I want to share my recent experience with make-up artist Shalini Singh.Either in ur real bride section or i will write up an email to you.Trust me your makeup is really really pretty,as compared to what was done on my face (On my engagement,a week back ).
Please let me know how can i share that experience. :)

mehak July 20, 2012 at 11:43 pm

Oh do send me a write up..shalini singh is usually so good though varuna no????? What happened!

mehak July 20, 2012 at 11:46 pm

Why dont you be the first ‘Real bride’….

Varuna July 20, 2012 at 11:52 pm

I had a bad experience :( .. m so upset and heartbroken after it… imagine it was my engagement and my family kept telling me “y r u looking yellow” and “you look better w/o makeup”:( :( ..

mehak July 20, 2012 at 11:59 pm

Haww i feel so bad because i usually always recommend her :( :(
SHe did two of my friens and they turned out great!

Varuna July 21, 2012 at 12:12 am

Hmm….Dnt know what went wrong…Will share a post next week , waiting for the pictures to come….

Supertrooper July 21, 2012 at 11:11 pm

Varuna, pl share your experience soon… My wedding is outside Delhi & the local parlors are terrible so i was planning to book her & its costing me a bomb!

Supertrooper July 22, 2012 at 12:38 am

Mehak!! I have been a silent reader for 2 mnths now (bt i hv read it all!). 1st of all heartiest congrats & God bless u both!! you look fabulous!! I thank my stars each day for your blog & must admit i have spent a few nights wondering bout ur wedding lehenga! But bridezillas of the world ll testify that this is normal :) My wedding is coming up in Sept.. Functions divided btwn 2 cities (so doing everything 2 times – photog, decor, DJ, venue).
Needed advice on something from a seasoned-bride-marrying-in-non-home-town: 1st, Do you recommend bringing ur own MUA frm Delhi? 2nd, are big brand MUAs like chandinis/ambikas/vidyas seriously worth it vs. freelancers? (Background: I surveyed local parlors incldin national chains in the destination city bt they were really BAD & i dnt hav time to go back again,so it has to be someone from delhi!). Any wisdom would help! I hav been stressin over this a LOT!

(Btw did i tell u? I dont know what the female equivalent for brother-frm-another-mother is, but u are totally that for me! But thats for a different thread.. probably for the Real Brides section <3)

mehak July 22, 2012 at 10:16 am

Haha sister from another father? That sounds totally wrong though!!!!!
Well bringing yr own uma from delhi is convenient but it’s really expensive because most ones I asked not only asked for flight fares and hotel stay for em but also for their helpers and they charge double the normal rate in a new city….l.
See big ticket mua are good …but the are smaller names that are just as good but not heard of ….it’s a question of finding a good one….problem is we only hear about the big ones so finding good smaller ones is tough…

Varuna July 20, 2012 at 11:53 pm

Sure…. I will be the first one… Will start with Engagement’s khatta-meetha experience…. :)

tannima July 20, 2012 at 11:57 pm

loved your lehenga…..such pretty colors are a rarity and only available at frontier raas… and the blue looks soo good and different… u r a unique bride…loved ur nose ring and waist belt…
the entry idea was superb and I love that song…
we played HEER at our cousin’s entry at her wedding and all us cousins swirled around her.. that made her all senty..:D
and u look so radiant…. very bridal glowy kinds.. :P

plz dont end BRIDAL FILES its like we are addicted to it

rashmi July 20, 2012 at 11:59 pm

you are looking beautifulllll mehak … ekdum bollywood style bride .. seriously .. sooooo prettyyyyy
good luck to you dear
XOXO :D :D ….
rashmi recently posted..MAC So Chaud Lipstick : ReviewMy Profile

mehak July 22, 2012 at 11:22 pm

rashmi July 21, 2012 at 12:00 am

and your bridal files rocks … :D :D …
rashmi recently posted..MAC So Chaud Lipstick : ReviewMy Profile

Kejal July 21, 2012 at 12:17 am

Hey Mehak!! I saw ur tweet and was dying to get home to chk this post! practically left an uncle mid sentence and ran back from from a social dinner :D
And now.. WOW!! I loved the lehenga..and u carried it off really well!
Kejal recently posted..Guest Post : Baby Mani! for my friendMy Profile

Neha Sharma July 21, 2012 at 12:29 am

Hey Mehak First of all you look beautiful!!!!! Second your lehnga looked a Sabyasachi No doubt!!! And lastly your makeup looks nice but I liked your engagement one way better!! Mehak I don’t know if the guy in the blue sherwani in 2nd pic is ur boy or not but if he is I can only imagine how perfect you guys would have looked together!!!!!!!!!! Just 1 question should you be calling him your Man now????? I like The boy better…Anyway thanks for sharing those wonderful moments with us. U know i kept telling my husband that its ur wedding day today and all he knows I am so crazy about ur blog.. ALso I would like to share my Wedding story what should I do?? Also I think ur wedding date was our 5 month aniversary I am only guessing cnsidering 22 days to go post!!!!!!!!!!! U looked truly beautiful Mehak!!! Loved your Real brides Idea!! <3

mehak July 21, 2012 at 9:44 am

HI Neha, Just send me photos…ill look at them and you can do a write up later…ill give you some brief outline as to what to write about.

Neha Sharma July 21, 2012 at 9:36 pm

Thanks Mehak I will send you the pics today and you can send me the outline later!!!

Shalini July 21, 2012 at 12:30 am

Absolutely gorgeous bride and super-sexy lehanga <3
Shalini recently posted..POP Beauty Butterfly BronzeBlushMy Profile

Tani July 21, 2012 at 12:43 am

ahhh.. I am sitting at work and was getting bored so decided to check your blog!! And to my surprise, there it was..YOUR WEDDING PICS! man, you look like a princess in that outfit! So simple yet so elegant..it almost reminds of sabyasachi’s wedding outfit! I love the color of your chudas – and it looks so unique, very different from what regular brides wear! Everything about your wedding look beautiful! Trust me, not everybody is as destined as you.. you’re so lucky to have such a loving family and a wonderful husband (*touchwood*)! :) :)

janisjoplinfan July 21, 2012 at 1:43 am

the moment i saw the 1st pic i was like “aww a threadwork lehenga!!” absolutely adore it..these are so difficult to find..add to that the floral embroidery..its beautiful & classy..you’re really lucky you found one.. love it!!

Neha Sharma July 21, 2012 at 2:04 am

I forgot to mention tht I loved your blouse it fits you so perfectly!!!!!! and also the color suits u so much. Mehak y u r not wearing any bindi???? Loved ur bright sparkling eyes!!!! I was not a beautiful bride as you are as I am too fat plus my whole chest was filled with pus blemishes coz of an allergic reaction from the SPA also coz I did not get to wear my Sabyasachi look a like lehnga designed by me and the designer on my wedding day and you won’t believe only my Husband complimented me that I am looking nice no one else did!!!! Yepp but in the picture u can’t notice a thing and got tonns of compliments but only me and my Husband knows the story behind all the drama!!! Haha I am sure my mom and dad loved me but they were so busy just running around we did not get a chance to talk at all!!! I love the Idea of continuing the bridal files Mehak!!! I planned wedding from Chicago and I am a fat bride if someone needs any suggestions for dresses for such brides I would love to send you and email!!!

ps I really am not as beautiful as you are

Tani July 21, 2012 at 10:19 am

aww Neha, you should never say that you are not pretty! Every girl is pretty and beautiful in her own way! I am sure your husband, family, and friends consider you to be a very beautiful girl! And I am sure you looked lovely as a bride! And about being fat.. girls come in every shape and size but if you are not happy about your weight, then you can change that as it is in your power! To me, you sound like a beautiful person inside and OUT! take care hun :)

mehak July 21, 2012 at 11:14 am

Neha ditto to what tani says !!!!!! Believe me, in my family im an ugly ducklign lol…so its all relative…dont ever say ‘im not as beautiful as xyz’, because if u start believeing it everyone else starts believing it too!!!!!!

Neha Sharma July 21, 2012 at 9:52 pm

Mehak, U r such a nice person, this is not just ur blog but u connect to people so personally, I love that about you. You try to answer so many people from your hectic day, You don’t know how it feels when I see any post from your blog. You are so funny, and cute and beautiful and smart. The most important thing is u r so true. Thanks a lot for sharing wat you know and listening to our queries and replying to us. And totally believe in your last line. Thanks girl for creating a place where we all can feel and share our love for beauty and fashion!!!!

Neha Sharma July 21, 2012 at 9:46 pm

Thanks a lot Tani, you in India there is so much pressure on brides to look beautiful that sometimes we forget that this moment will be a once in a lifetime moment and instead of njying it all we care about is if I am looking like an expected bejewelled bride or not. I was not fat always when I reached in US I gained weight and I tried so hard to loose weight before wedding but I only had 1 month so did everything I can but and I was all confident but when I reached India for shopping shopkepper would show me some of the gowns and suits telling me I won’t fit as india most girls skinny I literally cried during my bridal trousseau. But my husband my aunt my friends and my family were so supportive. On wedding day when I met my husband I started telling him wat all was going on in my room, but he said just shut up and look into my eyes this is our moment njy it from there on I forgot everything and njyed the wedding so much!!!!!!!! Thanks tani for the wonderful words it feels u r an wonderful person. That’s what I like about Mehak’s blog everyone here is good ..Thanks again girl!!! I really appreciate it..Hugs

Sharon July 24, 2012 at 3:05 pm

Exactly.

I had gained weight before my wedding thanks to all the stress and my dress needed to be altered to account for the extra weight. Before choosing to alter the dress, my aunts put pressure on me to crash diet so that I could fit into it. I knew I wouldnt be happy crash-dieting and abusing my body even further, so I had choice – be a slim bride or a happy bride. I’m glad I chose the latter. I ate normally, altered my dress and decided to forget about looking perfect. When I walked down the aisle, and stood next to my husband, he smiled said “you look amazing”.

Which is what we all want anyway. The man you marry will think you look lovely even if you wear a pocha kapda. The rest of the world doesnt matter. So be happy. True beauty comes from within.

Chris July 21, 2012 at 2:22 am

The wedding looked amazing and beautiful. Congrats to you and The Boy. :)

To be honest, I’m glad you admitted you didn’t like the makeup. I’m not a fan of it either, but I don’t like to criticize bridal makeup. I wish she had concentrated the blush on the apples of your cheeks instead of the sides, and toned it down a bit. I should have flown to India to do your makeup. :D
Chris recently posted..Wet n Wild Comfort Zone Palette Giveaway!- For International ReadersMy Profile

mehak July 21, 2012 at 9:46 am

Yeah the blush was wayyy overdone..

FashionPhD July 21, 2012 at 3:11 am

WOMAANNN!! I LOVE that you picked such a different lenhnga and absolutely ADOREEEE how simple and lovely your jewellery is
now THIS is how its done
not with brides drowning in mindless gold and yards of cloth!

And omg u had the bestest pandit ji ever! Very progressive dude
FashionPhD recently posted..Pet Peeve(s) Of The Week / Shit People Say To MeMy Profile

mehak July 21, 2012 at 9:48 am

Thank ooooooo!!!! Hehe so glad you liked and yes i love dmy pandit ji…he explained everything he was reciting in english as well and i pretty much giggled when he said all those funny ‘i will swear i will feed your family’type things.

tanveer July 21, 2012 at 8:55 am

You look really pretty Mehak! and that lengha is gorgeous :)
tanveer recently posted..Japanese skin care & meMy Profile

mehak August 4, 2012 at 4:27 pm

Thank you Tanz!

Vanu July 21, 2012 at 9:17 am

Mehak, ur lehenga was worth the wait, man! I tell u, i have never seen as classy and elegant Punju bride as you, ever. Nothing is OTT here. The Fantabulous lehenga, the fab jewellery and the bride looks mindblowing. i cudnt catch much glimpse of ur choora but its not luking much blingy too, Thank God for it! those bindis right above ur eyebrows, ur nose ring, and everything is jaw-dropping WOW!

i will also head to Frontier Raas for my bridal lehenga coz i cant afford a Sabyasachi! How much u paid for dis beauty vaise?
Vanu recently posted..BiRtHdAy GiFtS!!My Profile

swastika July 21, 2012 at 9:53 am

Wow girl..u look really pretty..i loved your royal blue blouse and the chunni so so much..such a lovely color combo it is…congratulations again..
and i am glad the bridal posts will continue..also looking forward to your decor series..
btw u made my sat morning…i woke up thinking aww boring day ahead and opened my mail to see that your bridal pics are up..and ran to the computer..hehe

av July 21, 2012 at 10:04 am

U jusss lokk super fab mehak. I love ur lehenga… Its so regal.. :)Unlike those blingy ones these days in the mkt .. And the nose ring also looks bful, even though i m not quite fond of it.. but on u it looks bful .. U truly make a gorgeous bride.. :)
Wishing u a wonderful and a fulfilling life ahead.. Take care.. :)

Deepti July 21, 2012 at 10:19 am

Hey.. I think this is the first time i am commenting here.. I have always been a silent spectator till now :D but your lehenga made me post :) :) you look really pretty. Just wanted to know..me myself being a Frontier Raas fan.. how much did the lehenga cost you?.. I have always been to their saree and suit floors but never got an opportunity to check out the lehenga section..though I have 100% plans to buy it from south ex frontier itself. share if you dont mind us asking :) xoxo

mehak July 21, 2012 at 11:15 am

hey deepti..the original price was 1.2 laks but there was a sale and after bargaining it was aroung 90 K

shivangi July 21, 2012 at 10:48 am

Hey Mehak,

I usually love Red lehengas on brides but this one is an exception! i look great! and my nose looks like u and i was always sacred of Naths but you changed my mind. it actually brings the look together. I luved ur jewellery but the makeup is not as good as the engagement but you look a demure bride! Congrats to both of u!
shivangi recently posted..A perfect Summer dress under 1000 INR!!!My Profile

Supreet July 21, 2012 at 11:05 am

Wow I am absolutely in love with your lengha! You looked absolutely stunning. And congratulations!!
I adore your blog! I can’t believe I only just discovered you.

Lots of love from Sydney xoxo

Divya July 21, 2012 at 11:05 am

Plz do share ur make up detailed break out post.. i love ur make up.. Awesome post/..
Divya recently posted..How to Deal with Eye Puffiness and the Dull EyesMy Profile

RJ July 21, 2012 at 11:23 am

oh my gawddd!!! u look like an angel :D
and i am so excited!!!! u are like my style sister lol… my lehenga colours & style are so similar.. i had a vision so was getting it custom-made.. wish i had gone to frontier first.. totally love the pretty flowers on ur skirt.. very regal!!
anyway even if it looks half as stunning on me as it does on u i think i’d be a happy bride! yay!!!!

mehak July 21, 2012 at 11:30 am

Okay then you NEED to be a P & B Real Bride …send me yr photos when u want to be featured…

RJ July 22, 2012 at 11:00 pm

hahaha awesome :) as soon as I get married !!
until then… looking forward to the rest of your bridal posts :D

MK July 21, 2012 at 11:52 am

Luv the lehenga! it’s great you went for something different ….. :)
MK recently posted..Food Lovin in Bangalore, IndiaMy Profile

shivangi July 21, 2012 at 11:58 am

My comment got lost Mehak! just wanna say I am looking at the pictures again and again. they are pretty and u look so b’ful! luved ur jewellery!
shivangi recently posted..A perfect Summer dress under 1000 INR!!!My Profile

Ruchi July 21, 2012 at 12:37 pm

Hi dear, i hav been checking ur blog for some days now… but dis time i just had to leave my comment n u simply luking gorgeous on ur wedding day.god bless u dear, u r truly a wonderful person………take care

mehak July 21, 2012 at 7:25 pm

Thanks ruchika :)

Shruti Dhingra Wahi July 21, 2012 at 12:43 pm

WOW all clicks are good :-)
Loved the makeup and lenhga also :-)
shrutirasoi

Today’s Recipe
Instant Amla Pickle (beauty therapy)
Shruti Dhingra Wahi recently posted..Instant Amla Pickle (beauty therapy)My Profile

Purva July 21, 2012 at 1:28 pm

hey Mehek,
can you also show us the other items in your trousseau… especially the sarees..
just saw your pics again.. :D
your set looks sooo pretty… a post on your Jewelry will also be an awesome guide for future brides.. :)

mehak July 21, 2012 at 7:10 pm

Hi purva ..most of my trousseau is still in my in laws house in hyderabad, as soon as I get it with MRI shall show !

Bhumika July 21, 2012 at 3:32 pm

The lehenga is fab…loved the dupattas too..someone felt it was light :o Not at all..its perfect..ya for makeup, I liked ur engagement one more..
Bhumika recently posted..OOTD: Black Long Sleeve Lace Dress and Three Layers NecklaceMy Profile

Ansh July 21, 2012 at 3:34 pm

hey even on my sis’s wdding we did that diya in hand sort of entrance…while the bride enjoys it..the sisters sulk at it. i felt like a dummy :P
the outfit really is different…reminds me of katrina’s lehenga in singh is king. u look good. and ya i thought sitting on sofa was a standard custom in a wedding!
Ansh recently posted..Barbara Palvin On The Cover Of Glamour July 2012My Profile

gargi July 21, 2012 at 8:29 pm

You look very pretty in your wedding attire lehenga!
I loved the mang tikka too,
But I think its common to stand and greet guests and click pictures with them!
gargi recently posted..Vacation Vlog, part 1!My Profile

Akshi July 21, 2012 at 8:57 pm

The ‘Real Bride’ Idea is Awesomee!! Since we all know how we girls are always crazy about weddings :p
Will be looking forward to that!! :) :)

Tashu July 21, 2012 at 9:54 pm

OMG Mehak! U luk super gorgeous!!! Lovely Lehenga! Especially liked the indigo blouse! I too want one for my red lehenga but my mom is has strictly reprimanded me against incorporating blue/black/white in my bridal wear :’(. Plzzz help me with some bright chatakk blouse and 2nd dupatta option!!!

sakhi July 21, 2012 at 10:16 pm

loved ur wedding
sakhi recently posted..A ceiling Fan’s TaleMy Profile

faizan July 21, 2012 at 10:16 pm

omg! i loooooovvvvee ur lehnga n it really is diffrnt n u actually notice n remmbr the design f the lehnga as u said.it does look like a sabyasachi design.i got my lehnga frm chandni chowk n it was a sabyasachi copy n i still love it..congrats ..

Sneha July 21, 2012 at 11:20 pm

Wow mehak, u make a wonderful bride.. Loved ur pics so much.. Me a silent follower of ur blog since years.. Love ur posts.. All ur snaps r so mesmerizing. Have a wonderful n happy married life ahead :)

thedelhibride July 22, 2012 at 12:44 am

Very unique lehenga Mehak :) Great pick! Was the boy wearing a blue sherwani? Did you guys color coordinate intentionally?
thedelhibride recently posted..July Wedding Updates – Less than 100 days left to the wedding!My Profile

mehak July 22, 2012 at 1:34 am

Yes we I’d on both functions

thedelhibride July 22, 2012 at 9:31 am

That’s awesome! I’m breaking my head over here trying to color-coordinate. But my wedding lehenga has ALL girly colors, so I’m really not sure what color to ask the fiance to wear! Color-coordination is a lot harder than it looks…

mehak July 22, 2012 at 10:11 am

Ya I understand…tell him to wear a beige one and just get a piping done in one of the colours of your lehenga

thedelhibride July 22, 2012 at 12:42 pm

Oh that’s a REALLY great idea!!! :) Thanks! Beige was anyway being considered as a color for him, since mine has so many bright girly colors. I’m going to have to beg a bit to get that piping done – he keeps telling everyone that he doesn’t even want to wear a sherwani!

Karishma July 22, 2012 at 2:57 am

I love your lehenga!! God bless you Mehak!! May you and your hubby have the most amazing life together :)
Karishma recently posted..Four Seasons Wine Tasting Event with Shamita Singha | Wine Tasting for DummiesMy Profile

khushboo July 22, 2012 at 3:12 am

Hi Mehak.ive been following ur blog since 5 months now n was so awaitin this post.1st of all
congratulations and hv a happy life ahead.u look absolutoliciously(is that a word) gorgeous.
ur lehenga is very beautiful n soothing to look at.1 day i accidently came accross ur blog thru
facebook n im so glad i did.i bot so many products after reading reviews.nice work.n loonce again u

Fani July 22, 2012 at 11:54 am

Hey Mehak you look stunning.. your lehenga is just fab. congratulations!
I got married 8 months ago. i am a sindhi and my husband is a telegu from Hyderabad. Thankgod we had the wedding in sindhi style because we somehow dint find a telegu pandit!!! my pre wedding days were a complete mess with so many last minute things. imagine my mehendi took 8 hours!!! from 7 pm to 3am.. and we had a pooja the following morning from 9pm onwards and the wedding was in the evening. i had red bull as well before the wedding because i was so drained out. My make up artist did a fab job!! everyone loved her work. she made me look like a diva !! hehe. i didnt wear any bindi or the thing in the nose even though my mom pestered me a lot for it. i now regret i should have worn a bindi atleast. anyways i shall email you some snaps.

mehak July 22, 2012 at 12:07 pm

Ahhhh my husbands a Sindhi fom hyd!!!! Please do sendddd

Gunjan July 5, 2013 at 4:41 pm

Hi Fani,
I’d really like to know who did your make up in Hyderabad? And if you could share some pictures it would be great. I’m getting married in hyderabad this September so I’m on the look out for a make up artist.

Fani July 22, 2012 at 1:06 pm

sindhi and punjabi culture is almost the same. a lot of functions are same as well. My parents had a culture shock when i told them about my guy!! haha… i will mail you the pics now.

coralcrue July 22, 2012 at 4:06 pm

My heart was warmed seeing you as a bride, I guess I will feel that way every time a blogger friend gets married now :) You made a very beautiful bride, Mehak. God bless you :)

prerna July 22, 2012 at 9:29 pm

u look beautifulllll mehak!!! really…and you really are glowing ..awesome bridal glow :D

love ur lehnga…n the jewellry too , esp in the first pic wat is worn on the hands (duno wat its called)..mom had also worn for her wedding and looks so pretty..!n great idea haan pnb bride..cool!
enjoy ur married life!! n ya wud love to read posts on home decor as well!..2-3 yrs before i get married but such nice sources as you are not availabl so easily ;) :p

thevowsandbeyond July 23, 2012 at 1:58 am

LOVED the lehenga Mehak!!! Very very different from the run-of-the-mills ones and def an inspiration!! Frontier Raas is the first stop for my wedding shopping when I land in Delhi for my wedding this november now. Thank you for taking us along on your journey!!! Wish you the absolute best ever!! :)
thevowsandbeyond recently posted..When your Fiance is back from a month long business trip…My Profile

su July 23, 2012 at 12:25 pm

Gorgeous mehak is looking stunning mehak….you are looking really classy royal bride types……one thing i love is ur hairdo as in its got d right amount of fluff or peak……neither does it look like a beehive nor does it look low to wash ur features its puurrrfect…..ur lehenga is awesome…i wanted to ask u one thing….i have a face cut that is long (same to same cut like katrina) and my mom got a very traditional jammu nose ring for me which is kinda light but looks heavy with white n pink beads……d prob is i think it will cover all my face hehe…also i want only red on my wedding day so how to coordinate those pink beads? …. love love love ur mehndi design …….stay blessed!

mehak July 23, 2012 at 1:06 pm

dont worry abt the nose ring, at the end of the day iv noticed all you see are the beads and not the actual rinf so dont worry…
What about a thin pink edging on your blouse – i have a red and pink anarkali thats gorgeous i dont know if thats a combination that interests you…but coodrinationg of nose ring isnt really that important, make sure it matches with your set…thats it…with lehenga it doesnt really matter!!!…even if u keep your makeup pink itll look good..my beads were white and pink and white shaded too@!

su July 23, 2012 at 4:17 pm

wow mehak thats just a good insight if i do dat blouse thing or d whole set thing ……..thanks a lot dear and m still dreaming about ur lehenga …..u got a great sense of choice yar hehe……..my wedding is nowhere m still studying/working but my mom keeps on buying jewellery n i keep on dreaming hehe……..Goodluck with ur married life and it will b great coz u helping so many silly gals like me hehe……..God bless you to the best! and thank you

Farheen July 23, 2012 at 12:59 pm

hey Mehak..mashallah you loook so gorgeous,,,,and my my your lehenga is to die for,,,the colors are awsome,,,,,but you knw what i wud stil prefer my lehenga to be a blood red one,,,personal bias,,,,but with blue pink and green shaded to complement it :)….coming to your makeup,,,,i believe you would have done a better job than hiring a makeup artist

Soumya July 23, 2012 at 1:47 pm

Hi Mehak, i have been following your blog for a few months and really enjoy the light hearted tone of your posts! You were looking gorgeous on your D-day and such a different and gorgeous lehenga! You are absolutely right, it is very uncommon to actually remember a bride’s lehenga.. generally it is all lost in a lot of bling and jewellery. Though my lehenga was also all red! but i tried to keep to my jewellery subtle. I got married 2 years back and your post has got me feeling all nostalgic! Maybe I will mail you some pics though it is a bit disconcerting to put up such a personal moment for public. I really admire how open you are and also helpful.

SNM July 23, 2012 at 3:13 pm

Hey,

First of all congratulations, you look beautiful and the lehenga is a stunner. truly different and gorgeous. Totally enjoy all your posts and log in everyday. Im a south Indian christian and will probably never wear a lehenga ever but one look at yours and i wish i could wear it somewhere anywhere. The boy , he looks quite a dish. :)

xoxoxo

Aditi Pednekar July 23, 2012 at 5:02 pm

I wish you had a comment template saying “you look so pretty” I am falling short of words now! Uff I was wedding shopping this weekend and so couldn’t read your blog on time. The engagement Lehenga has can-can but the wedding one doesn’t. My Lehenga is almost borderless & he said can-can is only put in Lehenga’s with a huge border. Is that true? Or should I just get it done?
Aditi Pednekar recently posted..Wedding Lehenga – Check!My Profile

mehak July 23, 2012 at 5:03 pm

hain? I dont think thats true…cancan is only meant to fluff the lehenga, border or no border how does it matter..my engagement one had can can too and tht was borderless..

Aditi Pednekar July 25, 2012 at 11:17 am

Thank you my saviour!! I will get that done for sure.
Aditi Pednekar recently posted..Tie the knotMy Profile

Niesha July 24, 2012 at 1:38 am

You look beautiful Mehak.. may god bless you and you have a happy married life dear..:)
Niesha recently posted..Colorbar Lipstick in Creme cup – Review and swatchesMy Profile

Alia Sojwal July 24, 2012 at 11:53 am

Hi Mehak!
You looked absolutely gorgeous on your wedding day!!
Reading your posts made me realise, that no matter HOW hard we try, no one has a “perfect day without any hitches”!! I really thought I had everything planned, but still…. sigh… and I had a very small wedding (even though it was the phere, AND the nikaah one after the other :p)
AND ANYONE WHO WANTS TO USE THE BRIDE’S MAKEUP ARTIST, SHOULD BE SKINNED AND LOCKED IN A DARK BATHROOM!!!
I swear!!!

Crazy Indian Bride August 4, 2012 at 9:13 pm

totally agree with you girl!

Hate it when your getting your bridal makeup done and some aunt you haven’t spoken to in years will come over and say if she can ‘borrow’ the MUA for a few seconds. Happened wid a cousin of mine, I was in complete shock, people can actually do that.
Crazy Indian Bride recently posted..Hair Care Tips and TricksMy Profile

Sonam July 24, 2012 at 12:48 pm

Hey Mehak, I m a bride to be ( wedding in nov) and i actually smiled reading the first line of ur blog…cos i m also in that browsing mode! And from my experience so far from browsing i can confidently say u really created a perfect stylo bridal look for urself, loved it! And I am with u on that real bride section.

mehak July 24, 2012 at 3:18 pm

So be my real bride then!

Sharon July 24, 2012 at 1:55 pm

I nearly have tears in my eyes looking at these pictures. You look stunning and radiant and I wish I could just give you a hug! I’m almost sad that the journey from planning to the actual wedding is over and I would be lying if I said I wouldnt miss your bridal posts. Following them all these days, it almost felt like we were part of your beautiful journey. But for now, I can only wish you joy and happiness in not just your married life but all aspects of your life, because you truly deserve it.

PS – As a recent bride myself, I completely agree with the ‘whispering curses’ part. On the outside, I looked like a svelte, blushing bride but no one thinks of what goes into achieving that look. A corset nearly squeezing me to death, a can-can hanging out of me, a tiara and veil attached to my poor tresses and various other odds and ends. My aunt said I looked like an ‘orthopedic patient’ inside. But hey, its all worth the pain, right? (Warning – TMI ahead) I was internally freaking out at the thought of the Boy seeing ‘what lies beneath’ the wedding dress on our wedding night. I needn’t tell you that I took aaaaaaages in the bathroom trying to get all the metal trappings off me.

mehak July 24, 2012 at 2:16 pm

Awww sharon!!!
But lol..yeah worth the pain..u were freaking out about what lies beneath, i wa frekaing out about what lies beneatht he hair on my head..by the time i got home my hair stood up straight vertically because of all the back -combing..combine that with runny mascara because of crying on the vidai and i looked like an evil witch of the west

Sharon July 24, 2012 at 2:57 pm

LMAOOOO!!

Oh god, I feel you on the back-combing! I need to gently cradle my hair and whisper sweet nothings to them after all the abuse I’ve put them through.

Btw, regarding makeup artists. I need to thank you again for putting up that post requesting makeup artist in Bangalore. Truth be told, I hunted left right and centre for them and right up to two days before the wedding, I hadn’t found one. I did the makeup for my engagement myself (MUFE Mat Velvet+, zindabad!!) and was considering doing the wedding makeup myself as well. All the makeup trials (PAID!) I had with various makeup artists ended up with me looking like a corpse (I’m wheatish, oily skinned and have acne. Thank you very much, genes). Anyway, thanks to our Indian style of networking, I found one lady and literally had to hire her without doing a trial. Talk about leap of faith. Thankfully, she did a brilliant job. The makeup lasted and lasted and the tones she picked for me were perfecto. I looked like a better version of myself. I admit the makeup snob in me sniffed haughtily when I saw the brands she used, but by the end of the day I had to bow down to her prowess. Taught me a lesson, she did.

Sorry for rambling on. I just had to share ;)

mehak July 24, 2012 at 3:06 pm

Oh gosh, i had the same thing…
I hunted everywhr in hyderabad and booked this mua without a trial. She used the cheapest types of makeup on me- only the foundation was shiseido, rest all the eyeshadws came from this cheap pallette that i could just imagine “Coloressence” or some other cheap thing imprinted on. I really shuddered, but she did a decent job overall..
BTW, do u want to be a P & B real bride? If you are k with sharing photos.

Sharon July 24, 2012 at 3:19 pm

Um. Its the photos part that worries me, to be honest. I’m not sure the in-laws or my fam would be too happy with that. Can I chew on that for sometime, if thats okay with you?

The thing is, I *want* to share my experiences and takeways from my wedding since I pretty much planned the whole thing myself, ran around half of India trying to find the perfect dress, and I just want to spare other brides the absolute headache of it all (Holy run on sentence!)

For now, though – any christian brides from bangalore/bombay come to you for help or advice, please share my email add with them. I’ll be more than willing to help.

mehak July 24, 2012 at 3:26 pm

Hahaha ! Yeah understand, let me kow if you do get comfortable. Doesnt need to involve anyone elses photos, and i shall watermark all of them but totally upto you!

Sharon July 24, 2012 at 3:37 pm

Will do, Mehak :) I’ll get in touch soon either way.
Hope you have an awesomely awesome day!

Crazy Indian Bride August 4, 2012 at 9:17 pm

OMG LMAO, sorry I am butting in but seriously I am soo worried with the whole ‘evil-witch’ look that will happen. I knw the ‘boy’ will understand (they all do) but dont want to scare him off.
What did you do?? especially with the hair??
Crazy Indian Bride recently posted..Inspiration : Lakme Fashion Week Day 1My Profile

Meenu July 24, 2012 at 2:03 pm

OMG!!!!! look at your chunari………… awesome….
look at you…… awesome
really, loved your chunari. how much did it cost alog with the border and stitching. i think the nose ring has increased your grace.
so, when are you resuming your work?

mehak July 24, 2012 at 2:15 pm

lready resumed babe!!! Joined work 3 days after coming from honeymoon!

mehak July 26, 2012 at 4:33 pm

Hi meenu, totally about 95 k..

Meenu July 27, 2012 at 2:11 pm

including lehenga or just dupatta thet you took on your head?
So have you changed your job or transferred?

mehak July 27, 2012 at 2:14 pm

just dupatta..the other dupatta cost some 7 k more…
nope still here same old job !! im based in delhi still..only the wedding took place thr.

Meenu July 27, 2012 at 6:07 pm

OH that means you didnt shift to hyderabad? and i thought you are moving with your husband to hyd :P
That’s good. its difficult to move from delhi… delhi is darling

mehak July 27, 2012 at 6:45 pm

Haha..no his family is in hyd but he works in delhi so its all good.

Nidhi Pandey July 24, 2012 at 3:23 pm

Wow Mehak you look sooooooo good..beautiful pretty and the lehnga looks really really beautiful and colourful.. I liked the different colours used in the lenhga the very different coloured blouse(like in other lehngas) and the chunari…(2kgs hmmm) Can imagine how it must have been while you stood for that long..me too stood for almost 3 hours during my 2nd reception @ my in laws..trust me in the end I almost felt like I would break into pieces..PLUS you are supposed to smile throughout!!!!
You looked stunning!
Keep smiling
Tc
Nidhi
Nidhi Pandey recently posted..It’s Monsoon. Be Cautious! Part 1My Profile

tanya July 25, 2012 at 11:15 am

LMAO @ pandit.. very mordern! :p
I love your lehenga and you look sooo pretty!

Congrats again …hope you have blissful married life Mehak .

Tanya
tanya recently posted..Beachy look : High waisted shorts and cropped topMy Profile

Priyanka July 25, 2012 at 2:10 pm

Congrats again mehak…….:)
You are looking very very pretty…and Ur complete bridal getup is simply WOW..
Lehenga is gorgeous…and u look stunning..
I love your wedding set from where did you buy it?…I just love Polki…much more than Kundan..:)

RJ July 25, 2012 at 7:25 pm

hey Mehak
can you give me some pointers to a good boutique/tailor. Really love the fit of your blouse in these pics and I am kinda struggling to find a good one in gurgaon… would really love your help here :) thanks!

mehak July 26, 2012 at 4:32 pm

Hi RJ !
There is this boutiue called Scarlett i love her stuff though shes expensive. can u email me ? Ill give u her number

RJ July 26, 2012 at 7:43 pm

Email Sent :)

garima July 25, 2012 at 9:44 pm

hey i srsly luv ur dressing sense n i have been searching d internet as my sis wedding is in dec and u bought ur lehenga from raas but i heard its really expensive…
so i wuld lyk to ask u can v get lehenga from raas in 50-60K budget????

mehak July 25, 2012 at 10:49 pm

Yes you definitely can..the range starts at 30k..

garima July 26, 2012 at 4:18 pm

thanxz…:)

niveditha July 26, 2012 at 6:45 pm

lovely lehenga and a lovely bride.happy married life mehek.

Zeenath July 28, 2012 at 12:37 pm

Hi Mehak!

First of all, congratulations on your wedding! You look absolutely stunning! Even though I had previously read your posts on where you had gotten your bridal lehenga, I immediately thought Sabyasachi when I saw these pictures! Very unique and I love the colour coordination btw yours and your husband’s outfit. Very nice!

Sorry to hear u had a few trying momemnts throughout the day, but let me try to reassure u by saying… it didn’t show one bit.

Hugs

kavita July 29, 2012 at 5:53 pm

Designer Lehengas/sarees/suits on Rent in Delhi Call 9871472088
See our collection http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sanroh-Creations/180330015346924

Manali Goel July 31, 2012 at 8:40 pm

finally the most awaited one..i have been reading all your bridal files post since i have my wedding in December and has helped me a lot with my shopping ( just got done with my bridal shopping sarees foot wears makeup etc) . the only thing I am left with is my bridal Lehenga which I would be starting to look for in September mostly in Delhi ( i am working in Pune). I am considering Frontier as one of the options. I do not want to spend too much on this so please suggest me a few options. between if u do not mind sharing how much did u gt your lehenga for?

mehak August 1, 2012 at 9:31 am

hey totally about 1Lakh

Devika August 1, 2012 at 5:28 pm

its hard for me to believe that someones disappointed with Shalini SIngh’s work.
i havnt come across any make up artist better than her and im saying this from experience.
she did my makeup for all my wedding functions and also for my family. we all loved her and thats not the only time we have got make up done from her. i have been highly recommending her to all my friends and family and many of them have tried her and have been more than happy. she gives a lovely natural look unlike most make up artists who deck up the bride so much.. i have been a huge fan of the way she does my eye makeup everytime. i have got make up done from her for my own wedding as well as my cousins wedding and have been more than happy everytime. with her i dont even need to say dont overdo it. she knows what will look the best. and shes always helpful and a very good person.. you will never find her unprofessional or snooty. she really is the best. one can blindly go in for shalini’s makeup.

mehak, that was me whose pictures you had put up in the indian brides make up blog.. one was the night sangeet function with me in the orange lehnga and the other was the day wedding with me in a pink suit.. make up was by shalini singh..

mehak August 1, 2012 at 5:38 pm

ooh hi devika..justwanted to say you looked gorgeous, i love shalini too!

Manali Goel August 1, 2012 at 6:22 pm

Thanks for your response Mehakkk…what is the best time to go to Frontier Raas to shop for the wedding lehenga? Do they have any sale in September (as that is when i would be in Delhi) lots of hugs :)

mehak August 1, 2012 at 6:46 pm

They have a sale in august, i think that extends into september begnning- mid.

sakshi August 1, 2012 at 8:56 pm

Hi! mehak, CONGRATULATIONS!! U look stunning. Love ur lehenga….

Cynthia Z August 3, 2012 at 3:43 am

CONGRATS Mehak! Wishing you both a very happy married life. I’m really liking that choli blouse! The makeup suits your outfit well, too.

You must feel relieved that all the wedding preparation tension is over :)

♥xx♥
Cynthia Z recently posted..Maybelline The Jewels Collection Color Sensational LipsticksMy Profile

Priyanka August 4, 2012 at 3:43 pm

Hi Mehak,
I really Loved your idea of second dupatta. I am also thinking of getting a second one. Please suggest what stuff would be better for getting this second one.

Priyanka

mehak August 4, 2012 at 3:52 pm

What *stuff* as in…my second dupatta is the one tucked into the belt- so i just bought a border from kinari bazaar got some chiffon fabric and got it stitched!

vidhu August 19, 2012 at 12:52 am

Hey mehak,

Thanks for sharing all the information. I liked all your dresses, especially your engagement outfit (I still cant believe you bought it in 4 mins)

Any suggestions for bridal lehanga places, I have 3 months to go (I really like the one in your real brides: udaipur version)

mehak August 19, 2012 at 11:35 am

pls check my post= where to buy bridal lehenmgas in delhi

Garima August 23, 2012 at 1:38 pm

you spent so less comparing ankita….!

Amy October 23, 2012 at 5:16 am

Hi Mehak,

You’re looking beautiful. May God bless you, darling. I’m flying to Delhi next week for my wedding shopping. I have a question to ask, where do we buy can-can for lehengas in Delhi? I don’t want to spend outrageously on a can-can. Please, suggest some shops in Delhi where I can find good quality in reasonable price. Also, can you give me an idea of how much do they cost?

Thank you very much!
Amy <3

mehak October 23, 2012 at 11:35 am

Hi Amy,
I run a bridal shopping service…you can read about it here ..
we can have consultations over phone /email if you wish but it is chargeable…
if you want just a general idea then you can read mmy post”where to buy bridal lehengas in delhi- use the search box.

Priyanka October 25, 2012 at 4:00 pm

Hi Mehak…
Please suggest me some bridal entry song..!! :)

mehak October 25, 2012 at 4:11 pm

Hi priyanka,
My favourite is Punjab by Karunesh (Haye re mere dadiye rabba remix). Thats what i walked to- its such a haunting song!

Priyanka October 26, 2012 at 6:42 pm

Ya that song is great..can u suggest me some more songs plzz…. :)

Geet February 1, 2013 at 12:21 pm

Hi this is super awkward question but whats your height?And yes obviously u r looking soooooooooooo pretty! :) Whats your height?

mehak February 1, 2013 at 4:52 pm

Im 5″7 almost

Tanya Appachu February 2, 2013 at 11:50 am

Hi Mehak.. totally love your wedding jewellery !! Tell me any idea where i can find nice maang tikka and other accessories for the hands and feet in Chandigarh or Mumbai..i also saw this hair accessory that im totally in love with.. its like this dull gold sheath one can wear over a side braid..but dunno where to find them.. even Delhi would do.. il just source it through a fren.. please help !

Preeti Kaur March 8, 2013 at 11:52 pm

Hey Mehek, I a real big fan of your blogs.. I am planning to get married this October and I have almost gone through all of your blogs.. Kudos to you that you have put in some of really very useful stuff.. I have read all of your blogs on Brides.. You’ve put in everything together from Makeup artists to trousseau. Still there’s one thing which is every punjabi bride’s is the Wedding Chura.. These days Stone studded chura’s are really in, but after few days the stones start coming out. So can we have one blog on Wedding Chura’s as well, From where to buy the chura’s and how to take care so that stones do not come off.
Thanks :)

mehak March 9, 2013 at 12:42 pm

Hi preeti,
I wore a really small chura, i wore a chura with absolutely no stones so cant help you there !! Not too fond of chura myself so didnt research much into it.

Ambaa April 5, 2013 at 5:04 am

Thank you for all these details! Gives me a lot to think about as I plan my wedding that’s coming up in four months! I’m so looking forward to reading more of your blog.

Alankrita May 18, 2013 at 10:25 pm

Hey Mehak!
I have a few questions and would love to have them answered by you ;) ok so first thing, I love your jewelry! It fits you and your outfit in a perfect way!!! Is your polki necklace gold or artificial? And where did u get it? Also, I am kindof confused. In some pictures you dont have your varmaala on, like the one where you are sitting, but then in others you have varmala and also a white cloth around your neck. How did it work? Did you go up to the stage and sat down and greeted people first then had varmala and wedding, or what??? Hope you reply!!! * fingerscrossed*

mehak May 19, 2013 at 10:22 am

Hi Alankrita,
The set is Polki and its real !!!
Secondly…the varmala happens after you reach the stage…so once yr one stage you exchange the varmala and you greet guests on stage. The white cloth comes on just before the feras…
so my reception started at 8 pm, and my fera time was 10 pm…

Alankrita May 23, 2013 at 5:24 am

Hey Mehak
Thanks a lot for the info. But if you put varmala right away when you arrive at the stage then how do u have some clicks without a varmaala? And also can you take your varmaala off during the greeting period and before actual wedding ceremony?

mehak May 23, 2013 at 9:38 am

The clicks without varmala will be either with me before going on stage, or after the ceremony when i removed the varmala

Fallen Angel May 22, 2013 at 1:15 pm

Same lehenga as your but with different blouse. I like your one better :)

Aaradhna May 23, 2013 at 5:56 am

Hello Mehak!
Can you please please share your wedding trousseau pleeeeeeeeeeeease! I would totally get an idea of what brides and newly weds are wearing. You see I am getting married this december and I dont live in India but will be shifting after the wedding. So can you pleeeease give mean idea of what I should buy cause I want to be fashion updated and not too over dressed. Show me your trousseau (dinosaur arrrr!!!!) :D

mehak May 23, 2013 at 10:25 am

Why dont you hire the http://www.bridesbypb.com serviice?
My trousseau- still in hyderabad…will show soon!

Preeti Kaur May 29, 2013 at 12:46 pm

Hello Mehek,

How advisable is it for the bride to carry a clutch or a potli in her hand. Have seen many brides carry the same. However, I always keep wondering that inspite of being so heavily dressed, how will one be able to carry a clutch in her hand.

Regards,
Preeti

mehak May 29, 2013 at 5:15 pm

I dont recmmend it Preeti..but in the end on the type of event yr having
If its a casualish meet and greet then yeah doesnt matter

SK June 10, 2013 at 3:13 pm

hey mehak..i am new to peachesandblush(like 3-4 mnths) and i jus read your wedding blog(all of dem in one go) oh god..u are so awesome..loved each n every blog specially your humorous lines..u were looking absolutely beautiful..it was a treat to eyes to c all ur pictures..absolutely lovedd reading each n everything bou ur wedding..
keep rocking..
lots of love:)

mehak June 10, 2013 at 3:30 pm

Aww thanks Somya!

Preeti Kaur June 14, 2013 at 11:39 am

Hey Mehek,

I need one suggestion please… how heavy should be the second duppatta… and beside can u tell me any karigar in chandani chowk who can make it for me..

Thanks
Preeti

khushboo June 16, 2013 at 5:15 am

hey mehak,
i just came across your blog n thank god for it…ur bridal files are AMAZING!! i read it in one go.. n while doing that can imagine ur each n every expression! n gal hats off to u for documenting everything,,..i m going to remember that on my wedding to do the same bcoz we brides get so lost in everything that we forget doing that!! n u look like a true indian bride with a lil twist ! :)

mehak June 16, 2013 at 12:12 pm

Thanks Khusbhoo! Glad you enjoyed them!

abhi June 19, 2013 at 4:00 am

hi mehak.. i have been a regular visitor f ur blog n really lov it. i had asked fr ur help regardin mua a couple of months bck n had booked chandni singh aftr ur reviews. finished with most of my shopping but there s this new prob n i don knw wht to do– my wedding lehenga is too heavy bt its also vry pretty at d same time. . don knw wht to do ?? r all bridal lehengas heavy? :(

Anonymous July 15, 2013 at 2:41 pm

Hi mehak .. Love all your blogs, this is my first comment, can you write a blog on how to cancan the lehenga and what if it doesn’t have that net thing, I love flare, how much meter of gher is minimum if you want a pretty good flare and A line

Misbah September 9, 2013 at 8:39 pm

I absolutely adore you lehenga :). I’m getting married soon, so I’m on a hunt for something like this itself. I have seen such a similar sabya one… No wonder someone thought it was a real Sabyasachi :P. http://www.sareedays.com/2012/07/sabyasachi-designer-bridal-lehengas.html