Mac 188 Small Duo Fibre Brush
Guest Review by Ria
After failed attempts to get the perfectly applied foundation, i realised i need to get myself one of those wonder brushes these bloggers keep talking about. I looked around and then headed for the MAC counter. The SA showed me both MAC 188 Small Duo Fibre Brush and MAC 187 Duo Fibre Face Brush. 187 has a larger surface area than 188 and I chose 188 not because its cheaper by 500 bucks (Editors Note : Though im sure that was tempting you more Ria) but because you can do many things which you cannot do with 187.
Description– A flat-topped, full circular brush used for lightweight application and blending of any formula colour – fluid, cream, powder or pigment. Ideal for creating soft layers or adding textures. Made from a soft blend of goat and synthetic fibres.
My View on the Mac 188 Small Duo Fibre Brush
Before buying this brush, I used to apply foundation with my fingers or sponge but I saw a huge difference when I used this brush to apply foundation for the first time. It just looked flawless and gave an airbrushed finish, something that no matter how hard you try you dont achieve with your fingers. This ensures that your foundation doesn’t look patchy and with this little tool It’s easier to work on sides of nose, ear and eye area which are difficult to reach otherwise. It also has nice , soft bristles that dont poke your face as you apply foundation.
I did notice a slight bit of shedding the first time i used it, but nothing major and it also did not fray.
- This is an all purpose brush and can be used for almost anything.- foundation, powder, blush
- The Bristles are soft with the right amount of thickness and not poky!
- Apart from using this to apply foundation, I also use this to apply blush. It picks just the right amount of color and distributes it evenly on my cheek without making me look like a clown.
- The handle is quite long and hence makes for easy grip.
- It can be used to blend under eye concealer, applying highlighter and bronzer.
- Price might be a factor for some but as it is a one time investment, I did not mind
- It does not work well with cream blushes.
Price- Rs 2300/- Available at- MAC counters.
Recommendation– If you want a versatile brush then the Mac 188 Small Duo Fibre Brush is for you but if you already have brushes for different uses, then you can do without this.
Subscribe Updates, Its FREE!