Outfit(s) of the Day: Eurotrip!

by mehak on July 11, 2012

in Fashion

What happens when you  honeymoon in countries with the most undpredictable weather of all??? Well, all the tiny skirts and shorts you carried with you – go to waste because you never know what the weather might feel 5 minutes from now !! London and Paris were crazy- cold, cold, wind one minute and sveltering hot sun the next. As we were lying in Primrose Hill near Regents Street i just wanted to shout at the clouds i was gazing at and yell “Make Up Your Mind DAMMIT!!!!!” . But well, they dont listen to small indian people honeymooning under them- and so we just had to deal with climate changes every 10 minutes or so. Sigh.

But apart from that, London was SUPER FUN. We saw Phantom of the Opera, hung out in Leicester Square, lost a ton of money at the Casino, went clubbing , shopped on Oxford Street, ate at some of the most interesting little restaurants and all in all had a blast. The start to our second city- Paris was frankly- aweful. There was a gay pride parade in the city the day we landed, and while the parade was awesome stuff with good music and a great party vibe, no taxi guy was ready to navigate through the parade. So we basically had about 50 kgs of luggage with us and we had to walk close to two and a half hours to get to our hotel. Nightmare that- coupled with the fact that the Parisians refuse to understand what you are saying.! (“No English No English” they kept saying , but they kept humming along to David Guetta songs and i was like- thats English !!!!) But it got  better- there was the cruise at the Siene, the gorgeous gorgeous streets and architecture , the charming little cafes on the cobbled streets, , the eiffel tower, the louvre, disneylandddd and the most amazing dessert i ever tried- white chocolate and wasabi ice cream !  Paris was also a place where we had the most amazing kinds of street food- falafels, nutella and banana crepes, macaroons, chocolates, sorbets. Oh my god, it was insanely yummy!!! But most of all i just wanted to walk down those cobbled pathways, sit in a cosy little cafe and look at the parisians walking by with all their silk scarves and what not. Its hard not to be  in love with Paris, its just such a charming city!!! Switzerland is a story in itself because no matter what people say about it being cliched, it was beyond gorgeous. Interlaken was like walking through a post card. Unfortunately my camera battery died so i only got to click about 7 days of the Honeymoon!

Here are the serial number wise outfits which covers about halfwa through the Honeymoon!

1.  Blue top and Mint Green Pants.
  2. Printed Red Dress also worn here
  3. Blue Tube with jeggings and orange belt
  4. Printed mini skirt with Black top
  5. Shorts, Tights and a jacket. The weather screwed this outfit
  6. Slinky black top, black shorts, black blazer
  7. Printed Dress with Lace Blazer
  8. Black Zip top with Mint green Pants and Sneakers
  9. Orange tube
  10. Orange tube with White Pants and a striped Cardigan (Love this cardigan- it can be worn in 11 diff ways)
Here are some other sites from the trip.

YUM. Steak- this was upposed to be an appetizer for one !!! Both of us couldnt get through half of this!

Ping Pong at London. Loved the food here. So different

The Eiffel Tower in all its lit up glory. Quite a sight that!

View from Interlaken of Jungfrao mountain. We actually went up there to all the snow, but my camera was low on battery that day!

Inside the Louvre. This was the most interesting part of the louvre for me. Called Napolean Apartments- it had the most royal, luxurious furnishings.

What did i buy? Not much- a couple of tops, a couple of dresses, a Micheal Kors bag which i got on 60 % off in London and was a freaking amazing deal! But i didnt spend too much time shopping really. I did buy myself an Urban Decay Pallette but honestly only because it was reduced from 40 pounds to 10 pounds..hehe! I a sucker for sales.

By the way, woould anyone like some gyaan on how to do a good Budget Honeymoon in Europe? We did a lot of stuff and it was pretty in budget as compared to the kind of money others spend!!!

Pallavi July 11, 2012 at 1:16 am

Congratulations again!! May I say, you look gorgeous! (And I am sure Mr. Boy will agree). Please Please do more posts of the outfits, and how about some pics of the marriage too? And while I am at it, thank you for making us all a part of the marriage through the blog. I am a real sucker for marriage.

P.S. : I have to share this, I suggested to my bhabhi who was on a maternity leave to read your blog. Never was sure if she did. Now we all know as we have welcomed my beautiful lil niece whom bhabhi nicknamed, you guessed it, “Peaches” :)

Peachesandblush July 11, 2012 at 11:12 am

Awww, thats so cute Pallavi you made my dayyyyy!!!
Yes yes i want to pu up the wedding pics but i want the official photographer ones. I sould have them by next week so soon sooN!!!I

tannima July 11, 2012 at 1:21 am

its soooo good to have u back…. i love all ur outfits… specially that printed skirt… too cute….

and m going london next months with cousins… give some gyaan budget shopping in london….?? is it even possible..? people say its quite expensive….

shweta July 11, 2012 at 10:24 am

there are tons and tons of places where u can good deals in london.i was a cabin crew and have spent days scouring streets of london.. primark.. contrary to wht ppl think is a great place for ur underthings..i have things from there that lasted me more than 2 yrs.. theres some place tht begins with m forgot the entire name… awesome trndy stuff… u can go to kingston and slough for great budget shopping.. makeup in superdrug is great.. try the sleek makeup stuff.. its a hit in the blogosphere.Boots for hand cream ..one thing u must fet from primark if u live in delhi are the opaque stockings… go with pretty much everything and for @gbp for 3 pairs u cannot go wrong.i have mine left over from 2007!!!tht time they were 1gbp.and ofcurse camden town for vintage-y stuff and a great place to hang out as well.dont forget topshop river island ..forgo monsoon as it has mostly india inspired shops!hope this helps..its a looong one though

shweta July 11, 2012 at 10:26 am

the opaque stockings are for 2gbp

Peachesandblush July 11, 2012 at 11:14 am

I totally agree. You MUST visit Primark. I honesyly find shopping in London quite cheap because there sales actually mean SALES. Like 70% off flat and stuff like that. But even if not on sale, Primark is great you can get amazing things for under 10 pounds likedresses and stuff which you wont even find in india. I hoarded on primark. The other ones- h & m has some good sales, topshop on sale is a good deal and also new look!

shweta July 11, 2012 at 11:18 am

yeah mehak… u know all the hoity toity ppl go like ewwwwww primark!i lovved it ..u get awesome ballerina flats great swimwear n even good home stuff !i had a colleague who used to regularly get rompers from there for her baby.. she was like no point spending a fortune when he can have such a variety of clothes and he spoils them soon neway!n for abt 20 gbp toh u can go crazy !the primark in kingsto is huge!!!!!!

tannima July 11, 2012 at 11:28 am

yeah i have heard about primark so going to visit it for sure….
thanks shweta and mehak for all this info… would surely make a list..:P

upasana July 12, 2012 at 5:55 pm

Mehak,

First of all congratulations…. great blog too…I am going through Bridezilla and must say your blogs are a great reservoir of info…I need help n suggestions…I am getting married in November. usually i have all the advise for each and everyone but seems when my tym has come i m suffering from a fashion block. i will be going to italy for my honeymoon which as everybody say will be chilling cold. What kind of outfits should i carry.. ( i feel reallly reallly cold.) ..Outfits that are sexy n smart plus can save me from bloody cold.

mehak July 12, 2012 at 11:14 pm

Oohh..italia…get yourself a black blazer- a black slouchy , boyfriend blazer- wear it with jeggings !!! I have a black blazer that i love to death…Every girl needs a tan leather jacket so i would defiitely get that. And do the classic preppy look.. tights with shorts on top, a shirt tucked in and a blazer !!!! Apart from that, lets see cold clothing for me is all about layering and accessories so tons of gloves, hats and mufflers . You know what there are these tights you get for winters they look normal from outside but from the inside theyr lined with soft light fur. SO warm and SO chic!

Inaya July 11, 2012 at 1:23 am

I would LOVE some gyaan on budgeting

Peachesandblush July 11, 2012 at 11:17 am

Ok some gyaan will be coming right up!

swaths July 11, 2012 at 1:32 am

hey Mehak, Welcome back! :)
Awesome pictures ya! And you are looking gorgeous in all outfits.
And I would sure like some gyaan on honeymooning at Europe. Me and my hubby are planning a honeymoon trip. Interlaken is so scenic!
Love,
Swaths

Peachesandblush July 11, 2012 at 11:19 am

Interlaken is gorgeouss the pictures dont even do it justics honestl. Sure , ill write up a post!

swaths July 11, 2012 at 8:45 pm

Yeah. It feels like this dreamy place where i can hop from one castle to another! Which is why Ireland is also one of my dream destinations! :D Sigh!!

Swati R July 11, 2012 at 2:19 am

lovely pics, lovely you and an amazing post…. Please tell us all the tips of budget honeymoon… many of us would love to know about them :)
Some people are still Unmarried here ;)
Do show us the bag as well. :)

Swati R July 11, 2012 at 2:22 am

BTW the I loved the printed mini skirt with black top the most :D

Peachesandblush July 11, 2012 at 11:20 am

Thats my fav too!

Asha July 11, 2012 at 2:43 am

Hi Mehak,
Im a newbie here.. found ur blog thru temptalia.com… Nice work man and Congrats..Have a very happy married life :)
Nice outfits and the bridal files are so much fun to read.. I was missin all the indian cosmetics and the drama behind, not anymore..

Peachesandblush July 12, 2012 at 12:04 am

Thanks Asha !!!! Hope to see you around!

Bhumika July 11, 2012 at 3:39 am

Loved everything u wore..nice pics..and budget honeymoon in Europe post is more than welcome !! :)

Maliha July 11, 2012 at 5:06 am

OMG Yay I seriously got soo excited when I saw this. I hope you had an awesome trip Mehak and you look gorgeous as always!!

Peachesandblush July 11, 2012 at 11:27 am

Thanks Maliha!

Ansh July 11, 2012 at 7:04 am

any kind of gyaan is welcome. i was thinking whats up with outfit 5 until I read it..yes its screwed! but all the othere are gorgeous. you are no way looking close to a coy shy desi indian bride! BUT y no chooda?

Peachesandblush July 11, 2012 at 8:51 pm

Look closely ansh,,,there is definitely a chura..it’s just tiny..6 bangles or something..

Tanmayee July 11, 2012 at 7:27 am

hey awesome snaps, reminded me of my stay in Europe and all the countries I visitied there.
I visited three cities in Switzerland, but Paris still lingers on in my mind, would love to visit the city again ,,,…….

Tanvi July 11, 2012 at 7:28 am

Tank god.. you are bak.. misd yu a lot.. and ur gyaan is always awesomely explained.. i am sure everybody wud want that..

tanveer July 11, 2012 at 7:41 am

Mehak! Pls do the post on the budget honeymoon in Europe – Hubby & I plan to go next year and it will be very useful :D

swastika July 11, 2012 at 8:06 am

please share the details of budget planning..i am planning a trip next year with my hubby..it will be really useful..I want to do London Paris switzerland ..but looking at the expenses i keep thinking of dropping one city..

Peachesandblush July 11, 2012 at 11:20 am

Hehe. Yeahhh paris would be cheapest, switzerland probably most expensive along with london…. But do them all..its not exorbitant if planned right.

Namita July 11, 2012 at 8:23 am

You look so gorgeous, EVERYWHERE! :) LOVE! <3 Outfit 7 is my favorite :) Damn I am so happy you are back! Made my day ^_^

Giggle girlie July 11, 2012 at 8:29 am

Lovely pics!!you look amazing in each and very outfit!weather quite often spoil the outfit plans so I mostly carry an extra outfit in case the weather mood changes than what was predicted!
I am happy to see you had fun!:)

Manu July 11, 2012 at 10:34 am

Wow, glad you enjoyed your trip and lovely outfits :) I went on a Euro tour last year..albeit with the parents..lol! So no naughty stuff.I wanted to go see the cabaret but no such luck..haha! London was freaking cold and Switzerland was sooo hot you wouldn’t believe. I agree with you abt switzerland..you can take pics from a cell cam and they’d still look like picture postcards …AMAZING!!! And ya, every night in diff hotel rooms was spent charging camera batteries…freaking hilarious :)

Peachesandblush July 11, 2012 at 11:22 am

Lol! Dude, atleast u had yr batteries..i forgot to carry mine and no shop sold them so we had to find an indian couple, make them eat a meal and some beer and sborrow their charger for 40 minutes.

Vaishnavi July 11, 2012 at 10:38 am

OMG!!! love love love everything!! can you please do the budget trip detailing?? i’d love to mimic that…i am planning one for March 2013 :D

Peachesandblush July 11, 2012 at 11:28 am

Sure!!! Let me write up one!

komal July 11, 2012 at 10:51 am

You look so happy :D and amazing !!

meera July 11, 2012 at 11:05 am

wow! u look so pretty !!!!! specially in outfit no 6 & 7.. hehe and loved the way u crossed ur leg in almost all pics..

Peachesandblush July 11, 2012 at 11:17 am

Heheheh! Thats my signature pose!

RJ July 11, 2012 at 11:07 am

wow love all but yeah no. 7 is just so right on you! you rocking it girl!!!
PS: have been desperately waiting for you to be back and upload pictures of your trousseau :D

Baronial Feminite July 11, 2012 at 11:19 am

Many Many Congratulations Girl…

I have so been waiting for your outfit posts. I never realized but yes I am addicted to your blog…

U look super hawt in those short dresses. You have a figure to flaunt ;)

Looking forward to more outfit posts…

Nidhi Mahajan July 11, 2012 at 11:22 am

You look absolutely stunning in the pictures. You’re literally glowing! Love all your outfits! Seems like you had a good time. Love and best wishes for your life ahead! :)

Dolon July 11, 2012 at 12:09 pm

Loved your outfits Mehak..looked wonderful:)…and my god that napoleon apartments!!!!epitome of luxury!!

sweetashoney July 11, 2012 at 12:48 pm

wow wow wow!!!!!
I love this post!!!
Your honeymoon cities were a wonderful choice. I have been to Paris also and its so stunning and amazing a truly cosmopolitan city!!!!
Regarding your outfits: Girl you rocked them!!!How do you keep your figure so goegeous!!
You so skinny :)
Please please please post the wedding pics as soon as you can I CANNOT wait!!
I am so excited!!!!!!!!

Mehak July 11, 2012 at 5:19 pm

Lol..let me get them first…still havent got the snaps from the photographer!

FashionPhD July 11, 2012 at 1:10 pm

oooh this is amaziiing
yes pleas do the budget post
even for non honeymooners, just travel freaks it wud be great

Rajasuya July 11, 2012 at 1:16 pm

I love Paris!! My tenure in Europe gave me the most amazing time I have ever spent in my life..Paris is one of them..The clean wide city,beautiful street lamps,notre damme,nice people and moreover everywhere I go I find something interesting to click..such picturisque place..Amazing!!Did u go to the cosmetic stores there?I used to get lost by seeing so many varieties of products..I miss Europe…

Kritika July 11, 2012 at 1:38 pm

Outfit no 7 is my favorite !! :D
You look great in all though. And yes yes, please put that detailed post. I would love to take a Eurotrip and in my head right now, Eurotrip means becoming broke :|

Deeptima July 11, 2012 at 2:10 pm

love all the outfits.. specially the 6th one… great to see u back :)

Shivani July 11, 2012 at 2:28 pm

<3 outfits 2, 7 and 4! u rock these! great piccys!

janisj. July 11, 2012 at 2:51 pm

i am loving all ur outfits esp. the tubes..may i know where they are from?? esp. the orange one…& ur face just glows..marriage is suiting u well it seems!! :)
i like everyone else here would also love the writeup on a budget euro trip!!
btw if i may add, i love that u have kept the chooda to the bare minimum :)

mehak July 11, 2012 at 3:39 pm

Hey Orange one is from a store in london called primark..guess for how much- 2 pounds…so 180 bucks!!
The blue one is from vero moda!

Crazy Indian Bride July 11, 2012 at 2:56 pm

Your honeymoon Sounds soooo amazing!!

Loved all outfits!!

Cant wait to see your wedding pics!

PS : Gotten my friends to follow your bridal files, rather addicted to it!

Kamalika July 11, 2012 at 4:17 pm

Hi Mehak,

Where is the cardigan from that u r wearing in the last pic and how can it be worn in 11 diff ways!

Parul July 11, 2012 at 4:32 pm

WOW!!!!WOW!!!WOW!!! U sound as though u had so much fun and your outfits seem to reflect that as well..love all of them especially the last two and the seventh one…u r just glowing

Kejal July 11, 2012 at 5:15 pm

lovely O(s)OTDs!! I’d like some gyan on budget europe..might be planning a trip thr..not sure yet.
Office not started yet?
which urban decay palette u got?

SweetAndBitter July 11, 2012 at 5:47 pm

i was badly waiting for you to come back……

there are few things that I want you to post ASAP

1. your marriage pics – waited tooooooo much to see ur wedding dress. No more ‘buri-nazar’. Post then as soon as ur photographer get back to you

2. Europe in budget – every details

3. Shopping – the bag…and everything else

Take them either as an order or a request from a obedient reader of your blog, but DO IT!!!!!!!!

mehak July 11, 2012 at 5:59 pm

LOL taken as an order maam !!!

SweetAndBitter July 12, 2012 at 5:05 pm

thanks u sweetie ;)

richss July 11, 2012 at 6:13 pm

At last u r back..first u r luking super awsome in each n evry pic..
juss waiting fr ur bridal posts..
n it sounds so refreshing d way u weave whole trip..
keep smiling..touch wood fr u..:) :)

kuheli July 11, 2012 at 6:45 pm

u look great in all the pics..would love to see another post on your euro-haul.. :P best of luck for this new chapter of ur life.. :)

Shruti July 11, 2012 at 6:52 pm

Welcome back Mehak.. u lukin’ uber cool in all those pics :)

Jyoti July 11, 2012 at 7:43 pm

Loved your outfits and you looks so happy in all of them. :)
Do post abt the budget honeymoon thing. Its gonna help for sure.

Sangeeta July 11, 2012 at 8:26 pm

In half the photos you are posing with one foot behind; your signature pose sorts.
And happy married life :)

Aditi Pednekar July 11, 2012 at 9:24 pm

Look number 4,6 & 8 – Simply superb!! All your pics made me miss my euro tour!! You went there during the best time of the year (for shopaholics!!) Plenty of stuff to buy from Mango, Zara, H&M – all affordable! Awww makes me feel like going back to Europe again.. :P

Vanu July 11, 2012 at 9:54 pm

U simply ROCK, Mehak!!

Dhara July 12, 2012 at 12:21 am

Wooo you sure had quite some fun :D Awesome OOTD(s) …and all those yummy stuff you mentioned is making me hungryyy :p

And yes pls do a post on Budget Europe trip..after as much as 8 yrs of married life, you ‘need’ a romantic holiday ;)

san July 12, 2012 at 1:33 am

Hi Mehek,
So glad you are back:-)….love your last outfit and would like to see it in 1st pose,waiting eagerly for wedding snaps.hope you will review the urban decay palette also.

Zaman July 12, 2012 at 2:17 am

Wow Mehak!
The pics jus scream fun!
BTW is that printed skirt a forever new?
Also ‘Europe on a budget’ would be a welcome post. :)
Been-there-done that kinda tips more than welcome! ;)

suna July 12, 2012 at 3:35 am

pretty ootd’s..loving the 6th look..so parisian!!!
cant wait for more details abt the trip & shopping =)

Neha July 12, 2012 at 4:16 am

Hey Mehak,

Please please do a post on how to plan ur eurotrip . I know it is very tough to get a good place to stay in europe as you can only know so much from thw web. Also places to visit in each city that you have been. Can’t wait for bridal pics!!!!!!! Mehak really dying to see u as bride!!!

Fani July 12, 2012 at 12:58 pm

Hey Girl,

Loved all your outfits. u look stunning. nice pics. Put up a post on the Europe budget trip…. me and hubby planning to go in September this year. Thanks.

wish you a very happy married life

Meenu July 12, 2012 at 1:27 pm

any type of gyaan from you is welcome…. love reading your posts…
bring it on

Ishita July 12, 2012 at 3:29 pm

in all ur outfits u loking gr8..!! u gotta gr8 sense of style.. I specially like outfit no 4, 6, 7, 10 .. could u pls share frm whr u bought the lace and the black blazer??? and congrats once again on ur marriage :D :D

philamazan July 12, 2012 at 7:52 pm

i love all d outfits esp the no.3 one ..
im a lil bias cz any variant of green is my fav :)

Harman July 17, 2012 at 8:55 pm

Hi Mehak! I am a new follower of your blog. Hopefully i ll go to Europe soon too. Could you please tell me where you got that Naked palette so chap? :-P hehe love your blog, keep up the good work and please check mine too :)

mehak July 18, 2012 at 12:01 am

Hi harman it’s my the naked palette it’s an older one

mehak July 18, 2012 at 12:02 am

I mean not the naked pallette

Harman July 18, 2012 at 3:20 pm

Thank you for replying! :) Could you please update on what all beauty items to buy in Switzerland and Paris. :)

upasana July 17, 2012 at 10:04 pm

Thanx mehak great tips…

Chitra July 20, 2012 at 12:18 pm

Amazinnng pics! I’m soo noting each point from your trip.. I’m planning to get married next year and still haven’t been able to decide where to go for the honeymoon.. tips on planning a budget honeymoon to Europe would be soo helpful! :)

priyanka jain August 5, 2012 at 4:13 pm

heyyy im a huge fan of ur blog i nvr log off without visiting ur blog:)
can you pls tell the brands or store frm wr u bought all these clothes?

mehak August 5, 2012 at 5:27 pm

HI priyanka, its all mixed…some from vero moda, others from zara, mango etc..

Maitri September 13, 2012 at 7:07 pm

Hey Mahek am soo glad someone like you is bogging…6 months to go for my wedding i originate from delhi but born and brought up in kerala :/ so i have no idea of anything in north.Someone like you has appered like a goddess to help at this time. I haven started anything yet AS AM BLANK BLANK !!!
But all ur blogs helped esp the one “where to buy lahangas from”!Loved all your blogs… <3.And ya please write the blog on ur BUDGET honeymoon please i will need that too.keep writing .Thanks :)

mehak September 13, 2012 at 10:53 pm

Hi Maitri!! Already did that post !! Judt google europe budget on the top right yyou will see it !

Maitri September 20, 2012 at 8:20 pm

Thanks soo much Mahek :)!Loved your outfits <3

Maitri September 20, 2012 at 8:21 pm

Thanks soo much Mahek :)!Loved your outfits <3 esp the 4th one!