P & B Real Brides: Meet Bride to Be Aanchal

by mehak on July 27, 2012

in Bridal Blog, Real Brides

What is “P & B Real Brides”?  Real Brides is a feature where we get to know one recent bride or bride to be and pick her brains about all things we love to talk about- outfits, lehengas, makeup artists, love stories.  Admit it, you are a sucker for weddings, and no matter whose getting married you WANT to be involved-!!!! Its also a platform for brides to ask the general audience advice on anything they need help on- from finding a good makeup artist in their area to finding the perfect boutique  for stitching.

Meet Aanchal.

The first P & B Real Bride, who is going to tie the knot in December (and i am SO hoping she will share those photos with us!!!!!). As of now, she wanted to share her Roka outfit and makeup.

Profession: Banker when forced to be, Dreamer when not!

Wedding Day: December 2012 !! so she is counting down to 6 months. She has just had an unofficial Engagement (Roka like we call it).

Her Love Story:  “An arranged marriage, but as far away from it as can possibly be. Yes, we did have the typical forced conversation over the coffee table, shared awkward glances, and had the constant thought running in our minds that ‘we are so not made for this.’ But thankfully, rather than forcing ourselves to make the ‘logical’ choice because there was nothing amiss (that’s what we were told is as good as it gets in an arranged marriage), both of us found our ‘spark’ which was indispensable for us. The fact that our parents were happy with our choice, and supportive of it, was the icing on the cake . I still don’t know if it was a gradual process, or happened over-night, but on my ‘DREAM ROKA’ day, I realized I had fallen in love with him – truly, madly, deeply!”

The Roka…

Roka Outfit – Fuschia pink net saree with crystal work (bought from Rakhi and Tarak). It was a gift from her mom in law so she obviously doesnt know the price. (Editors Note: Ah dont we love weddings, the amount of ‘gifted’ pretty clothes we are spoilt for choice with is not even funny!)

Footwear – Footsteps, TGIP, Noida

Make-up and hair – Looks, Sec – 18, Noida. Aanchal says ” Girls in Noida can totally trust the owner Deepika here. She insisted I don a chic, minimalistic, classy look, exactly something that I wanted too.”

Best compliment on roka night – You are looking (and acting) like a newly crowned Miss India!

Most fun moment – ” Looking at the pictures, there seem to be countless, as I am either laughing uncontrollably in half of them, or casting mischievous glances around in the rest! But the whole event flew past like a dream, seems like it got over all too soon and I don’t remember any specific instances, sigh!
Songs that got everyone grooving – Aivayeen aivayeen lut gaya, Saddi galli

Other Stuff

Have you started your Lehenga hunt ? – Have not embarked upon it yet, and am so dreading it! Should hopefully start it in about 2 weeks time, and considering the hit ratio at Frontier, it would be my first stop. If I don’t find it there, god help me!

Help Needed!!! This is the part where you comment and help Aanchal out

HELP. I need :

1.  Affordable candid photographer for the wedding : Suggestions anyone? Do help her out!!!
  2. Salons for the D days (one near CP for the engagement, one near Punjabi Bagh for the wedding, preferably a common one somewhat centrally located)
  3. Suggestions for a girly attire for the sangeet/engagement (no suits, no gowns, no sarees, do I really have any other unique choice left, sigh!) (Editors Note: Aanchal, try a concept saree…i dont know if you have ever worn those but i really like some of them they dont look like sarees. Or do a pretty, soft, girly lehenga in like mint and turquoise or something like that!!!. Since yours is a december wedding you can also do a long jacket with skirt underneath. )

komal July 27, 2012 at 12:38 am

I dont know about other things but you can try this guys for photography – http://www.facebook.com/tarunphotography :)

thedelhibride July 27, 2012 at 9:27 am

Hi Aanchal! I totally agree with Komal. Tarun Chawla is def a photographer who clicks great candid pics, but is still within a more affordable range. I’m considering him for my wedding as well! :)

mehak July 27, 2012 at 10:13 am

oh thanks girls, im sure that will help aanchal..

anonymous July 27, 2012 at 11:48 am

Yup, Tarun is good , He takes 1 -1.5 lacks per day, for each function….

mehak July 27, 2012 at 12:00 pm

Thats a bit expensive though no???? … if you have 4-5 functions photographed, then its like 6 lkhs only for photographer!

anonymous July 27, 2012 at 12:35 pm

I have just heard of it that minimum is 2.5 to 3 L… no personal experience with him though… my frenz hired him.

Neha July 27, 2012 at 1:12 pm

I just mailed and asked him for 3 functions.. 2.5 for photography + 1.5 for video.. 4 lac only for photographer!!!! :O:O

mehak July 27, 2012 at 1:39 pm

yeah..my photographer wasnt one of these ‘ candid’ ones per se, but he did a good job. We covered all events..morning and night-some 5 total in 1.5 Lakh

anonymous July 27, 2012 at 3:46 pm

4 lacks only for photography……..seriously…. we’ll end up spending whole budget on pics only..hehe

Richa Grover September 4, 2012 at 6:08 pm

Try Mahima Bhatia.. Her work is quite candid and she’s well within affordable range, at least for me! Call her at 9811777298. The best part it, she will hear u out and try o give you a very affordable package based on your needs.

thedelhibride July 27, 2012 at 6:24 pm

The 1-1.5 lakh includes candid photography by Tarun, and his whole team of other photographers and all videographers. The lowest you can get in the market is about 5k per photographer per day, around the same for videographers.
I calculated the total –
In 1 day, Tarun charges approx 1.3 lakh for about 3-4 photographers (excluding video)
Minimum in market is 5k x 4 = 20k for photography team (excluding video)
Overall, you have to shell out 1 lakh extra for the biggest occassion – Wedding (Sangeet, mehendi will cost lesser since lesser no. of photographers are reqd)
If you’re really into candid, then he’s the most affordable you can get. Trust me, I’ve done ample research. And considering he’s won the Best Wedding Photographer Award (for the category Emotions), he’s totally worth it. The rest of the candid photographers charge 1-2 lakh for just 1 photographer, or max 2 photographers. You’ll have to hire a whole photography studio team in addition to those candid guys. With Tarun, he does EVERYTHING for you – photographers and videographers (video charges are lesser than photo cos he doesn’t do candid video). He also throws in a complimentary pre-wedding shoot (for which he normally charges 20-30k if taken separately)
I must add, however, that I am still considering hiring him for my wedding. I’m planning on getting a single photography team to shoot the whole wedding – boy’s and girl’s side. Costs also get split that way, so he becomes even more affordable. But please take this with a pinch of salt as all information is based on research and this is not a review of me recommending him after he’s actually covered my wedding. I will be able to validate this only after my real wedding of course :) Good luck!

anonymous July 27, 2012 at 6:47 pm

Ni ce ressearch and calculations but if u see real time , still its out of budget. WHo wants to shell out 3 lacks on photo n video.Even if you are splitting it n hiring one from both sides.
Expensive , if you look closely

Bhumika M July 27, 2012 at 6:52 pm

Agreed! I too want one team to cover our entire wedding! ALL OF IT! But if there are about 3 functions as is the norm, then one HAS to shell out about 4L for his entire team for photography and videography (which is the quote he has sent me)! Much is a bit much. No? I know he’s one of the most economical in the top tier but that is definitely beyond my budget!

ss July 27, 2012 at 8:00 pm

wow! a team of photographers? Mine was covered by Sephi Bergerson. He is a very renowned photog but not cheap at all. And he handles everything himself. One man show.

tannima July 27, 2012 at 8:39 pm

I have had my cousin’s wedding covered by tarun, though we paid less as he is a family friend went to my school.
but the work he did was brilliant worth of every penny. he mingles with every family member.. from dadi to my little nephew and every body opened up to him really well. that might be the reason the photo shoot turned out grea. we did a pre wedding one too and that was superb.

tannima July 27, 2012 at 8:40 pm

Farheen August 1, 2012 at 1:08 pm

Hello Aanchal,,,many congratulations on your Roka,,,,,coming back to the topic of discussion..you can check out https://www.facebook.com/fotografia.nine they have decent costing

Shefali July 27, 2012 at 1:11 am

You can go for Ambika Pillai’s parlour in Punjabi Bagh. She is reasonable good.

Avanti Shirur July 27, 2012 at 1:26 am

Hey Anchal

Cant comment much on the clothes and make-up as I dont live in Delhi. But for really affordable candid and pre-wedding shots pls check the below.

divya g July 27, 2012 at 3:18 am

Hey Aaanchal,

I admire your courage to be the first ‘real bride’. You look beautiful in the Roka pics, and I am sure you will stun us all in your upcoming posts and wedding looks. Good Luck x x x

thevowsandbeyond July 27, 2012 at 7:53 am

The saree is stunning!! Congrats on the roka Aanchal!! You’ll be a dazzling bride :D Great write-up Mehak!

Aditi Pednekar July 27, 2012 at 9:25 am

You are looking great Aanchal. Me too getting married in December. Just about 4 months to go. Wish you a happy wedding planning!

I liked Mehak’s long jacket and skirt idea. Plenty of such stuff available in the stores. Plus you can reuse the jacket as a kurta after the wedding. Get a contrast full worked blouse to go with the skirt and you can wear it to somebody elses wedding.

Crazy Indian Bride July 27, 2012 at 9:39 am

Congratx Aanchal!
Love the color of the saree!!

For your engagement/sangeet try a light lehenga, or a lehenga saree. Agree with Mehak you can get a long jacket lehenga.

Try out Eveva Love (the one Mehak suggested a few post back) their stuff looks great for sangeet, really colorful. I am going there too in a couple of days for my sangeet outfit.

Also I did a HUGE research of every places I could go in delhi/ncr, still a LOT left but maybe the reviews can help you narrow down a few places, its ofcourse all a personal view see http://crazyindianwedding.blogspot.in/2012/06/search-for-perfectionthe-journey-to.html

Also if your ok with prices then do try Nikasha Tawadey, she has really pretty girly lehenga! I think her factory outlet is in Shahpurjat.

@ Mehak, I hope its ok with you if I posted the link, Its just its a huge list to write here, Sorry if its against norms or anything ( no idea, still new to this) feel free to delete comment if it was wrong :)

mehak July 27, 2012 at 9:49 am

Hey, if its a helpful link no problem!

mehak July 27, 2012 at 10:10 am

oh i really like nikasha as well! vry prtty lehengas!

Neha July 27, 2012 at 9:55 am

Hey congrats Natasha, you look very pretty and I loved the colors of ur dress… Me too getting married in January.. :)

I have come across some beautiful and very different lehanga, floor sweeping anarkalis in Bride and groom exhibition. Most of the stalls i liked were short time designers from shahpur jat… Photographer and salon even I am looking for, I have come across luxmidigital.in for photography and planning to visit this weekend..

Neha July 27, 2012 at 9:56 am

I mean Aanchal, dont know what was i thinking about.. :P

Gunjan July 27, 2012 at 10:29 am

Hey Neha! Even I have heard a lot about the small designer shops in Shahpur Jat. I am looking for a good place to buy my engagement outfit. Are the boutiques in Shahpur Jat affordable? I don’t want to splurge too much. Maximum 30K for my engagement outfit.

Neha July 27, 2012 at 10:51 am

I just casually visited them on the exhibition, and as far as i remember the one i liked were around 40-50 k types.. But of course u can visit them and customize to your budget.. they are all make to order..

Mrinalini July 27, 2012 at 7:36 pm

There’s this place called Kibaar (can see some of their stuff on indianhangar.com), looks pretty good and affordable too!

Does anyone know anything about vendors in Goa??

Gunjan July 28, 2012 at 2:49 pm

Thank you, guys! :-)

Priya July 27, 2012 at 10:12 am

i LOVEEEE your saree its such a gorgeous color Aanchal. Going to pay that rakhi tarak a visit.

Gunjan July 27, 2012 at 10:28 am

Hey! Even I have heard a lot about the small designer shops in Shahpur Jat. I am looking for a good place to buy my engagement outfit. Are the boutiques in Shahpur Jat affordable? I don’t want to splurge too much. Maximum 30K for my engagement outfit.

Mrinalini July 27, 2012 at 7:38 pm

Oh, forgot to add..its in Shahpur Jat

Gunjan July 28, 2012 at 2:52 pm

Yeah, I’m surfing the website you told me. Thanks a ton! I owe you one. ;-)

Mrinalini July 28, 2012 at 3:54 pm

np :)
If you do go there please let me know if its worth it.. I’m planning a trip to Delhi next month (I’m from bbay) for a bit of my trousseau shopping.

swastika July 27, 2012 at 10:29 am

Hi Aanchal…congrats and i absolutely loved your saree!

swastika July 27, 2012 at 10:31 am

My suggestion for Sangeet outfit – Lahenga with a corset blouse :)

shweta July 27, 2012 at 10:57 am

hi anchal.. sorry cannot help u with hair makeup and photography as i live in mumbai!but for lehenga trends and various other outfits i can probably help u with the trends in mumbai !mumbai in my experience is more of bollywood glam rather than the jhagmag as i call it.!the one trend thts been ruling the roost is a fusion gown like thing tht the stores here cal”outfit:…lol… but it has an indian embellishment and a western cut n goin by ur pics will look stunning on u.MY best frnd got married recently n she had a lehenga with a net short choli and a net jacket and a matching dupatta .. since u r getting married in december it will be good for u n also saves u from the hassle of drapin one dupatta around the lehenga n taking a chunni on ur head.!for jewellery i wud strongly suggest TBZ dohra ….its a collection of detachable jewellery so u can also wear it post wedding rather than keepin it lockers forever … i got married two yrs bk n did things a lil differently.. i am a gujju married to a punju so we had both styles of wedding and i went traditional to the hilt in the wedding n fusion in the other functions

Dolon July 27, 2012 at 11:03 am

Congrats Aanchal..you looked lovely in your Roka pics..All the best in finding your perfect lehenga and the right makeup artist..looking forward to seeing your wedding pics :)

Manvi Gandotra July 27, 2012 at 11:04 am
Riya July 27, 2012 at 11:14 am

Nice feature Mehak. First time brides do catch Love breakups Zindagi, or typically rab rakha song from the movie, it has some great outfits by Ritu Kumar, perfect for smaller events

philamazan July 27, 2012 at 11:19 am

omg i totally love ur lehanga !!!

Kejal July 27, 2012 at 1:19 pm

Aanchal look soo pweety!
All this lehenga talk is making me wanna get one even though I m no where near anybody’s wedding! :D

Nidhi Pandey July 27, 2012 at 1:36 pm

Hey Aanchal! Your Engagement dress looks very nice and suits you too!
(Your feet look great in the first pic..how many pedicures did it?)

Shivangi July 27, 2012 at 2:38 pm

Beautiful saree! and u are so adorable!

Heena July 27, 2012 at 4:14 pm

Hey Aanchal! Congrats on your Roka! You look lovely! :D

And as for the makeup, its great! I know Deepika personally, and she always does a fab job!
You can always go and check out the other branches of Looks -Rajouri, Punjabi Bagh etc for the makeups ..

and I completely agree with Mehak’s idea of wearing a long jacket with a skirt .. I wore something like that in a lovely emerald green with peacock motifs for my Sagan/Sangeet in Jan last year, and couldn’t stop getting compliments about how different and unique that concept was! :D

P.S : As far as the wedding lehenga hunt goes, u must check out Anarkali – Karol Bagh and Om Prakash Jawahar Lal in Chandni Chowk – they have gorgeous stuff!

Best of luck for the future! I’m sure you’ll make a beautiful bride!

thedelhibride July 27, 2012 at 6:07 pm

Om Prakash Jawahar Lal in CC is a must visit. While most of their stuff is really heavy, you can get some sangeet-appropriate lighter lehengas there starting at 30k. I’ve heard so much about Anarkali as well, but haven’t had a chance to visit them yet.

Bhumika M July 27, 2012 at 4:29 pm

Hey Aanchal!! Many Congrats on ur Roka! I, too am tying the knot in December! First, I would suggest that you get going on your wedding lehenga! Wedding season is coming up post September and even small designers take about 3months to get your order perfectly executed! Secondly, Candid photographers is something I am struggling with as well! I have contacted some 50 photographers but it’s just so tough to get the perfect artist with the perfect quotes! Vis-a-vis, Tarun Chawla! He is awesome! But is beyond my budget! about 4l for 4 days (photography and videography) Fortunately, there are multiple brilliant photographers and Candid photography is catching on like mad! My one advice would be (forgive me, I am a lawyer after all so i give unsolicited advice all the time) to look for a Delhi team if you want one person to cover the entire wedding and START NOW! Thirdly, make up is a very subjective thing, depends on whether you want light or heavy, traditional or modern! I personally am a very “as light as possible” kinda girl but I do understand that wedding time means some color on the face! I got my engagement make up from Plum in ggn solely because its my regular saloon and the head there knows my skin! Usha did a great job and I am going back to her for the wedding! My sagan and reception make up is being done by Sakshi Malik who is a newbie but does super subtle work! Another piece of advice is please get a trial if its not your regular place! Lastly, I am scouring for a pretty Mehendi outfit too and I plan on checking out Eveva Love too! I loved the ppost by Mehak! Good luck love! I hope all goes well! And enjoy the Bride-to-be feeling! :D

mehak July 27, 2012 at 4:33 pm

Thanks for all the advice Bhumika ! That wa sawesomely helpful!

Bhumika M July 27, 2012 at 4:43 pm

Last December when my boyfriend (now Fiance) of 8years and I decided to take the plunge, another close friend of ours (who happens to be your friend and just got married too ;) ) told me to take a dekko at your blog! I was totally freaking out about the wedding and planning and execution being a control freak, half mallu half rajasthani marrying a pakka Punjabi (traditions and custom deciding phase), lawyer marrying a consultant, I WAS LOSING IT! And then your blog made it all right! So I am just doing what you did! ;) I learned from the Master! Hugs!

mehak July 27, 2012 at 4:55 pm

What master, just another confused as hell, excited nervous bride to be ! :p

Bhumika M July 27, 2012 at 4:59 pm

Hell yeah! We are the best kinds no? ;)

Prerna Daga Singhvi February 4, 2014 at 12:33 pm

Hi Bhumika…
I read that you got ur sagan & reception makeup done by Sakshi Malik. I am planning to finalise her for a wedding in the famaily…Could you please tell me how she did your makeuyp, and if you could share soime pics and a review..It would also be great if you could send ur num or msg it to me at 09811865006, so that I ould call you for a discussion.
Thanks in advance

Jyoti July 27, 2012 at 5:32 pm

Lovely feature Mehak. :)
And Anchal you would make a stunning bride on ur D-Day. loved the saree and ur makeup a lot.
Best of luck for the wedding. :)

Crazy Indian Bride July 27, 2012 at 5:53 pm

@Aanchal which nail paint is that on your feet?? looks really good!!

Gwen @ Makeup Toys July 27, 2012 at 8:15 pm

Lovely Dress! I love Indian weddings! The fun and the colors. Think I’m Indian inside…hahaha..anyway…great post by P&B to features soon to be bride!

Nehac July 27, 2012 at 10:13 pm

Hey Aanchal..congrats!!! u looked adorable and really confident from arrange marriage prospect :)
One suggestion why dont u try Eveva love for engagment…She has really nice ones anddifferent from league as well.
Hopefully i will also get married by end of this yr end.. So would definetly love to see your reasearch and stuff <3 <3
Best of Luck ahead..
and congrats to Mehak for i guess monthly Anniversary of maariage.. Hope i am not talking too much ;)

mehak July 27, 2012 at 11:15 pm

Haha aww how sweet of u to remember…! yup one month down, many more to go..

thedelhibride July 28, 2012 at 10:39 am

it’s been a month ALREADY? How time passes!!! Happy 1 month anniv Mehak! :)

Aparajita July 28, 2012 at 8:50 am

Congratulations Aanchal..
You look absolutely stunning in that sari..the color looks really good on you..
I also love the way you got your hair n makeup done…nothing over the top…but absolutely classy :)

Aanchal July 29, 2012 at 9:46 pm

@ All – Thanks from the bottom of my heart for all the lovely compliments. We girls can never get enough of them no! ;) I was definitely skeptical about sharing this post, but the praise, and the ‘vote of confidence’ I have gotten here have made it all worthwhile! And yeah, the dreadful Sunday evening blues I was facing have vanished away magically too. Merci, all you lovely ladies! 

I have nightmares these days that the MUA made me a ‘witch’ on the D day, or that my sandal snapped, sigh! The next couple of months are gonna be crazy.

For the photographer – Yes Tarun is definitely a good option, I think his work is out-of-the-world. The only concern here being the prices (which I am sure are justified for the expertise he brings). Hiring him for the big days, and tie-ing up with a local studio work out to be a little more reasonable, but that would involve co-coordinating with multiple parties and would make me go mad! Let’s see.

@ Shefali – Thanks a lot, definitely an option I would consider, seems to be right next to the venue! 

@ Avanti – Thanks a bunch, sure I will. This is Mumbai-based, I am assuming they would be ok to travel to Delhi. I’d call up and enquire nevertheless!

@ Aditi, Mehak – Not sure what a ‘concept saree’ is, can you share some pictures please? I did see some jacket-lehengas around while shopping for my mom and sister, the shop-keeper called them ‘achkan-lehengas.’ I think they looked very royal, the only issue I could foresee was being able to dance in them! But maybe I saw the very heavy ones, would check out the more girly, light options.

@ Crazyindianbride – Ya was actually planning a visit to Eveva Love, love their bright, colourful numbers which Mehak had shared. What is a reasonable range to expect at Nikasha’s?

The nail-paint was something my ‘Looks’ lady put on me, so no clue again. I am glad you noticed it, and so…. relieved that it looks good! ;)

@ Neha – Thanks for helping me add ‘Shahpur Jat’ to my list. I was planning on visiting the exhibition too, but thought I ‘d come back all heartbroken and depressed looking at the unaffordable designer wear, so decided against it. Btw, we considered Luxmi too, our parents still want us to go with them. I think they can give the candid guys a good run for their money, at least on the basis of the work they showed us. Also, the price they quote is inclusive of albums, screens, lights etc so no surprises later. But then again, you never know which photographer actually took those shots, and which ones would cover yours. With the candid guys, you are sure that what you see is what you’d get!

@ Swastika – Interesting, thanks for the suggestion! 

@ Shweta – You read my mind, that’s exactly how I want it. Traditional to the L in the wedding, and fusion in the other functions! Would it be possible for you to share a picture of the ‘outfit?’ You best friend’s dress has already got me excited and day-dreaming!

@ Nidhi – Hahahahaha, they didn’t look that pretty actually! I would need manyyyyy more for the D day, especially with a fair amount of customs supposed to be done bare-foot!

@ Heena – I knowwww, I am too tempted to go to her for the two big days as well, I have full faith in her. Imagine, she uses an air-brush variant for make-up which none of the other Looks salons I tried (Khan market, Punjabi Bagh) do (I had assumed the ‘South Delhi’ ones would be more ‘hep!’) I did speak to her about anyone else from the nearby Looks chains she could recommend, but she couldn’t. The only issue with her is the distance from Noida.

@ Bhumika – I have heard amazing reviews about Plum too, so I am definitely keeping that as a back-up option. And it’s so cool that Usha charges only 10k compared to Susan’s 16k, sigh! Don’t feel like spending that much for the engagement (which I am sure requires much less effort compared to wedding), yet it doesn’t make sense to go to Plum and get the make-up done by anyone apart from her, phew!

I can so empathise with you on your photographer struggle, I have been at it for almost 4 months now. If you make any progress on that front, please let me know too, because whatever names I could look around for and contact, I think I already have, sigh!

I think I’ll check out Sakshi Malik too, she’s gotta be good if she is part of your entourage alongside the Plum ladies! And yeah, I am heading soon to Eveva Love too, think it should help me with an engagement or a mehendi outfit at least! 

@ Aparajita – Thanks so much, that was so… the idea, to not go over-board. After-all I would get plenty of occasions in future to doll myself up!

Bhumika M August 2, 2012 at 11:48 pm

I think I am just going to give up on the photographer search! THATS IT! NO PHOTOGRAPHS OF THE WEDDING CELEBRATION! :(

Aanchal August 6, 2012 at 1:18 am

I so….know what you mean, sigh! :(
Did you check out Eveva Love and manage to find your dream dress for the mehendi? And hey, could you help me with Sakshi Malik’s contact co-ordinates please?
Thanks for all the help and suggestions! Hope your search for all the things perfect is coming along better than mine!

Bhumika M August 6, 2012 at 12:10 pm

Sigh. :( A big hug for you! I feel you might be having one of those planning woes that I keep getting dragged into. I have not had time to visit Eveva Love. It seems too expensive for a simple mehendi outfit (My mehendi/sangeet is a home-ish function with very few people and i know what i want just have to find the damn outfit somewhere!) plus I have been working Sundays so no time. I have also been concentrating on buying western clothes as sales are on and soon winter stock will start trickling in and we are going to NZ for our honeymoon. So it’ll be summer there! Need some fun clothes! I hope to visit Cherry Fig in Lajpat soon to take care of blouses and dresses and other casual tops!

Sure! She has a fb page which has her email addy. Why don’t you drop her a mail. Or if you could send me your email addy then i’ll send her contact details across to you! Her fb link is below!

Aanchal August 6, 2012 at 8:42 pm

Gosh, it’s like you are reading my mind, and typing alongside!

1. Even I want a simple mehendi outfit as it’s gonna be a small function at my place. Though, unlike you, I don’t know what I want!
2. Geez, I am headed to NZ too, and never thought about the inverse season funda! Of course I was excited about not having to cover myself up in woollens on my honeymoon, but I did not realise that it means I need to stock up on summer clothes like right now! And hey, what is this Cherry Fig?
3. I did drop her a mail on the mail ID mentioned coupla days back (after you told me about her), but she hasn’t replied yet.

Bhumika M August 6, 2012 at 10:59 pm

Sigh. I feel you baby girl.
1. Arre! I just want a simple half lehenga! Nothing fancy!
2. Awesome! You are headed to NZ too! When is your wedding? When are you guys leaving? Ya man! A colleague of my fiances’ who got married last Nov gave us this advice! To stock up on nice summery blouses, dresses, shorts et al. Also, definitely take jeans and a jacket or two! Its summer there but evenings can get chilly! Cherry Fig is this tiny store in Lajpat that sells high street fashion brands at lower prices! Not been there yet so can’t give you any review yet!
3. Oh! I told her about you and she said no mail yet! Maybe send me your email address and i’ll mail her contact details to you or the other way round?

Varuna August 6, 2012 at 11:28 pm

Hey Aanchal n Bhumika …

Have you guyz finalised the photographer…Damn..Its getting soooo expensive …Cutting down my honeymoon budget now :-( :-( ….
For sangeet / mehandi function, i have few pics,which i can show u gals…I liked mehak’s outfit as well…
And I am also gonna contact Sakshi,How much does she charge btw…any idea??

Bhumika M August 7, 2012 at 8:18 am

Hey Varuna!

I have been totally miserable about the photographer situation! I mean till about last week I was so stressed out about it, I was in tears Everytime I would think about it! I mean! Come on! I’ve been looking at photographers, their work etc since February, which is when I got engaged! I kept wondering is my budget too low? But then a budget is a budget right? So one very important thing was told to me by a dear friend who just got married(her photographer cancelled one week before the wedding, imagine the horror?). I’m just going to repeat it because it really helped so I hope it does the same for you. She told me, our wedding pictures are going to be awesome, no matter what, because it’s you and the man you love. It does not matter who clicks it. Worst case scenario it’ll be a local studio guy, best case scenario it’s some fun photographer. Either case,fiancé and you are going to be so happy that it wont matter. We get so caught up in the little details that we forget the big picture! Moving past preachy me! ;) well, I’m still on it! But FINALLY, we few good photographers have been short listed and they are totally within my budget! Fingers crossed things will be finalised soon! Though I thought Tarun Chawla was doing both yours and Aanchals’? I was speaking to him and we really LOVE his work but he’s quotes are too high for us. but I think he mentioned you guys are hiring him! Tell me if you need a list or something?
Sakshi charges 15k for make up, hair and sari and she comes wherever you want. Maybe I could email Mehak her details and she could forward it to you? @Mehak, Varuna and Aanchal, what say?
Ideas, pictures would all be appreciated? Muchly thanks! :D

Bhumika M August 7, 2012 at 11:59 am

Varuna also, I just noticed you mentioned you are dipping into your honeymoon budget! See, when you set a budget, the idea is to stay within that limit. So the best would be to meet your preferred photographers and give them your budget and see what services they can provide you within that. Of course some adjustment will have to be made but that should be marginal, I feel. Plus, NOT THE HONEYMOON budget! Dudette! After a crazy lead up to the wedding and madness during the celebrations, don’t you think husband and you deserve the most awesome holiday ever? ;)

Aanchal August 7, 2012 at 12:11 pm

@ Varuna – Yes please do share the mehendi pics, any and every help is welcome and much-appreciated!
Gosh, can we all get like a bulk deal or something for photography/make-up etc etc, we seem to be all zeroing down on the same names, basis each others’ recommendations! :)

Aanchal August 7, 2012 at 11:53 am

Wedding is on 10th Dec, we are leaving on 13th night. What are your dates, am I meeting you at the airport by any chance? :)
Oh btw, I think we got a really good deal on our return tickets (I found it!), have you made your bookings yet? I thought we would need ample woollens too, as we are visiting the glaciers etc, and it would be quite cold there, but probably the two jackets would suffice!
Thanks a ton for letting Sakshi know about me, we finally managed to reach each other!

Bhumika M August 7, 2012 at 12:18 pm

Awesome! My wedding is on the 17th. We plan to leave on 20th.We have still not done bookings yet! The boy is speaking to some travel agents in CP. But good deal is always welcome? Details? Email id is bhumikamenon@gmail.com
We plan to visit the glaciers too.. Jacket would be required surely! And jeans! But queenstown and all will be nice and bright!
Sure thing! I hope you two connect and like each other! Sakshi is young and fun! So yeah, glad to help!

Varuna August 7, 2012 at 6:02 pm

Hey Aanchal and Bhumika…

How do i share the idea pics with you?
And yes, i am being told the same thing,that you gals have hired Tarun.Dint u?
Actually i am trying hard but not able to spare 3-3.5.I am completely lost reagrding candid photography things.This is a huge amount for me.
And thanks a lot bhumika for your sweet advice.I am seriously considering it.I have cut down makeup budget already.But now considering raising the honeymoon budget.
@ Aanchal – you are absolutely right,we should talk to photographers/MUAs , for package deals :P …Hey are you gonna have any makeup trials with Sakshi?

Varuna August 7, 2012 at 6:11 pm

Hey Bhumika,

Yesssssssssssss… please share the list…totally love ya for this…Would be a great help..
My email id is varuna.hooda@gmail.com

Varuna August 7, 2012 at 6:14 pm

And ya i forgot to tell ya that i am still in tears reagrding the photgrapher thing,also no good hikes @ office otherwise i wudhv kinda managed it…..IT companies..i hate ya all… :-( :-(

Bhumika M August 7, 2012 at 11:48 pm

@Varuna-NOOOO!! Wha..!?! I have been talking to him but we are still trying to figure out what to do! Speaking to this super fun guy who does good work AND is affordable! If your budget is not that then please know you will find someone in ur price range! Just needs a little patience! Like the honeymoon you will always cherish so if you have allocated some amount for it then try sticking to it! Also, one always manages to exceed their budget on the whole! So try keeping to tour budgets!
So my fiance has the list of photographers so i will need to get it from him! Will do so asap! you want only delhi people?
Sakshi does do trials. So talk to her about it!

Aanchal August 8, 2012 at 12:13 am

@ Bhumika, Varuna – I am mailing you both! :)

vinita August 22, 2012 at 2:36 am

@ Varuna and Aanchal,

any luck with the photographers? I’m getting married on 5th dec and the cheapest deal i’ve been able to find is with out of station photographers….who still turn out to be cheaper than delhi ones, even with airfare included!
i’ve also found a photographer duo who will do two days of events plus album plus airfare in 90k. lemme know if you that is in your budget and i’ll send you details.

thedelhibride September 2, 2012 at 5:00 pm

I wrote a full review on Cherry Fig a few weeks back…check it out. Very reasonable for western wear!

Amrita Photography July 30, 2012 at 9:41 pm

Hi Aanchal,

Greetings from Amrita Photography!!

First of all Congratulations for your Roka! We are one stop for Photography & Videography. We by default include PreWedding Candid Shoot, Image Editing, Highlights of Video along with Family / friends bytes as part of our essential services. I personally believe all above services gives midas touch to your Big Day! You can have a look at my profile at http://www.facebook.com/amritaphotography In case you LIKE my work you can get in touch with me @ +91-9167011584 or email me @ amrita@amritaphotography.com Needless to say we also travel for our work.

Look forward to associate with you!

Hetal Mehta August 3, 2012 at 12:47 am

Hey I knw 1 gud candid wedding photographer from gujarat he clicks real gud pics… he has won kodak best wedding photographer award also. His name is Jiten Patel. He was d photographer in my sis-in-law’s wedding n now 4 my wedding too in nov. he charges quite competitive to ur delhi photographers.

Sakshi Malik August 6, 2012 at 11:27 pm

Hi Aanchal,
Congratulations! Bhumika told me about this blog and that you tried to contact me. I haven’t got an email unfortunately so I thought I’d message you here. Can you please share your email address so that I can pass on my number to you? Or you can try emailing me again on “sakmalik@gmail.com”. You can also view my facebook page- http://www.facebook.com/SakMalik.
Thanks a lot!

Aanchal August 7, 2012 at 11:23 am

Hey Sakshi
Glad to hear from you! That’s the email ID where I had sent you the previous mail, sending another one right away. Please check and confirm, thanks a lot! :)

Anonymous August 19, 2012 at 12:05 am

Aanchal, you could try shaadigraphers (shaadigraphers.com)
He did candid for my engagement and we just loved his work.

Avanti August 22, 2012 at 12:39 pm

Check Amrita Photography on Facebook.Based in Mumbai.
I am sure they will give you the most affordable deals. Definitely worth a try.

Richa G September 4, 2012 at 6:16 pm

For reasonably priced good candid photographer- pls contact Mahima Bhatia- 9811777298. She tries to work around your budget and she hears you out. That’s best abt her. Plus, she has worked with Tarun Chawla for few assignments.

For bridal makeup, I would suggest Chandni Singh. She charges 30,000 for bridal makeup and hair do and comes to any place wherever you ask her to come. Plus, she’s one of the leading makeup artists in Delhi today, I love her work. She’s involved with all the fashion weeks, Marie Claire magazine etc. she gives subtle, understated and sophisticated bridal makeup.

For lehenga, I find Shahpur Jat the best place- especially this boutique called Fiorenza by Diya in Jungi lane. I LOVE her work and sometimes she is cheaper than frontier. Do check her out

I’m also getting married in November and I did lot of research for photographers, makeup, etc. try checking my recommendations

All the best for your wedding! :)

Kalpana Sharma January 3, 2013 at 3:01 pm

@ Bhumika and Mehak – Can I get that shortlisted list of Photographers…. I looking for one as well for my Marriage in May.

Neha July 2, 2013 at 5:47 pm

Try candidshutters.com for wedding photography. Their wedding films are just amazing.

mehak August 7, 2012 at 9:23 am

Bhumika, i totally agree about the photographer. We had a local guy in Hyderabad, because we didnt have a big photographer budget but the pictures have turned out VERY nice, he even did all those semi-candid kind of shots that all of us love. I know there are atleast 15 photos in there which i want to blow up and get enlarged and framed on my wall…. Sure the high end photographers have gorgeous photos, but lets not assume that regular studio guys have crap.

mehak August 7, 2012 at 10:43 am
Bhumika M August 7, 2012 at 12:09 pm

Mehak! We saw some snaps no on ur posts! They were awesome! No extra editing and touching up. That’s important for me. I hate the touching up, sometimes you find it hard to recognise yourself! And qua the local guys! The good news news is some super famous local studio houses are not offering a mix of candid and traditional! So they provide you with a team of a candid artist, traditional artists and videographers in one function! So while the candid chap concentrates on your family and close friends! The traditional chap is use as a decoy to take all other pictures. Some candid guys don’t agree to do any traditional. So that to is one thing that is specifically to be mentalness of them! Mehak! I love the idea of blown up pictures! I hope you decorate some part of it with the photos! Make your home your!

shivani garg August 9, 2012 at 12:57 pm

Thanks Mehak!
Ill always be affordable :) Ive gone thru a budget wedding myself!

mehak August 7, 2012 at 9:08 pm

yes please raise the honeymoon budget. I kept thinking before honeymoon that do i really want o spend this much?
But honestly its worth every peny and you wont get tat excuse to go on a vacation again.

mehak August 7, 2012 at 6:19 pm

Arre relax, have u seen the newest p 7 b bride- yuvika..hers was a candid one and she said budget candid…the shots seem good..go read the post!

Varuna August 7, 2012 at 6:25 pm

Yup…She looks good…
I think God knows how badly we want a Candid photgrapher,and HE is working on it :P :P
N mehak..again… i would have been a completely lost w/o this blog..trust me :-)
SO thank u very much!!!