Body Shop Grapeseed Glossing Serum Review
Guest Post by Saranya (Dusky, Acne Prone Skin)
Body Shop Claims “Helps prevent moisture loss, split ends and reduces breakage”.
DIRECTIONS TO USE (AS GIVEN)
Apply to towel dried or dry hair.
I have an extremely oily scalp and dry medium thick wavy hair that does get a bit frizzy some times.
The serum comes in a compact plastic bottle with a pump dispenser and a tiny cap. The serum is pretty light in texture but one should be careful not to go overboard with it because it might make your hair oily. Avoid using it anywhere near your scalp. You only need to use a “really” small amount and this ensures that your hair does not get weighed down. It has a citrusy fragrance that you either will love or hate. The fragrance does subtly linger for some time, on application. I prefer applying it on 80% dry hair or after I straighten my hair.
Why I like it
- It does control the frizz to some extent and does make my hair pretty manageable.
- It also acts as a detangler
- It is pretty moisturizing. If your hair doesn’t require much moisture then this would be adequate
- It does add shine and glossiness.
- Neither does it weigh down my hair (when I use the right amount) nor does it cause product buildup
- The tiny bottle lasts for a really long time
Why I don’t like it
- Despite being light it does tend to make my hair a bit oily on the second day
- I find it inadequate when my hair is extremely frizzy and dry
- Ineffective on split ends
Price: Rs 570 for 75 ml
Recommendation: It is a good serum that actually does most of what it claims. But if your hair gets extremely frizzy and dry, then this will not be of much help.
Follow peachesandblush on Instagram.