4 Good Coverage Foundations that Photograph Well!!!

by mehak on August 26, 2012

in Features, Foundation, Fridaysfive

Two things you didnt think existed? Bad Boys who you arent attracted to  and Good Coverage Foundations that photograph well? I can testify to atleast the latter of those two (Bad Boys will always be a weakness haan?) Here is a set of 4 foundations that not only give good coverage, but photograph really well too !

• Mac studio fix fluid : This one is great for photographic events and chances are if you are getting makeup done by a professional makeup artist, this is the foundation they use as well. It provides solid coverage, but i highly recommend you get used to application methods because if you dont do it patiently and in layers this can look cakey very very quickly. The mua in dubai used Mac Studio Fix Fluid on me so you can see photographs here, though dont judge it by those photos- she used wayy too much of it! This is prices at Rs 1350/- if im not mistaken. Please correct me if im wrong, i havent got it in ages.

• Kryolan TV Paint Stick: A relatively affordable one, this TV Paint Stick gives heavy duty flawless looking coverage and photographs well too! Definitely very thick on the face, it almost gives an invisible film on your skin, but it doesnt look artificial or cakey so thats a big bonus. If you are into more breathable formulas though, you might want to look elsewhere. Rs 800/-

• Shiseido Paint Stick:The  Shiseido Stick foundation is a great medium  to heavy coverage foundation that gives a natural glowy look. This is perfect for oily and combination skin tones, but for dry skin girls i recommend you moisturize before you wear this !!! Great coverage, and photographs well too !!! Rs 1900/-

• Clinique Super Balanced Foundation (Review to come) : A highly under-rated foundation in my opinion, i honestly think this one deserves a lot more credit. It gives good coverage, a nice natural finish and doesnt create aweful white casts while photographing either. I think the shade range is a slight bit limiting for me, i find them a bit too pink based but otherwise Superbalanced is a great foundation to own. Rs 1900/-

So how is your sunday going? Mine has been going exceptionally well because i finally bought a coffee table for my drawing room that i absolutely love and the boy absolutely detests !!! Its got these tiles on it, which has these victorian kind of roses and obviously he thinks its too ‘girly’ for him. I just  did the  whole “Filter out male opinions while talking about furniture” thing and billed it quickly.Yayie.

Magali August 26, 2012 at 8:50 pm

I’m not yet into foundations, taking baby steps to get there but thanks for the recommendations. I really like you approach to buying furniture, you must show us this coffee table sometime. ;)

Divya August 26, 2012 at 9:19 pm

i love kroylan paint stick.. am using this.. a great deal

DC August 26, 2012 at 9:30 pm

Hi.. I just took a makeup course with Chandni Singh over the weekend.. It was great and she is such a friendly person.. She recommended Lancôme Teint Miracle foundation really highly and I just picked them up today, though I have used only MAC till now. Any idea how the MAC Studio Fix compares to the Lancôme Teint Miracle?
Given that everything about my wedding planning is still up in the air except that it will happen on Nov 24/25, it seems that I may have to end up doing my own bridal makeup (!) as all good MUAs seem booked already, which is why I took the course.

mehak August 26, 2012 at 10:03 pm

Hi DC ! Lancome Tient Miracle is absolutely fab !!! But i honestly dont know how well it photographs..I remember getting a trial with that on and walking around n loving the feel of it but someone who owns it will know better about how it photographs.

thedelhibride August 27, 2012 at 12:28 am

Hi DC, how much was the cost of the course? How long was it? And…wat all was covered in the course? Even I’m considering taking a makeup course before my wedding!

DC August 27, 2012 at 1:20 am

It was 25000.. Lasted 4 hours odd… She started by showing me how to do a 5 min face and worked it up in stages- showing me how to apply concealer and foundation, other basics, how to contour, highlight, powder, apply blush correctly, took me step by step to doing many different types of eyes- from not so intense to v intense with different types of shadows/ liners etc, taught how to do lips and helped me pick colors, gave me extended list of products, explained to me which colors will suit me best, etc. I thought she hid nothing, was keen to show me what to watch out for when someone was doing bridal makeup on me to spot if they were doing it wrong ( unfortunately she isn’t available on my proposed wedding date like most well known MUAs) and gave me tips on how to do my hair and even drape my dupatta knowing that I may have to do my own thing during the wedding. And urged me to practise everyday.. I thought she was v open and friendly.. And it was a v good and detailed experience.. I tried her tips on a 5 min face today and was amazed by the difference.. Plan to practise more so that am actually confident about doing my own face during the wedding if I can’t get a good MUA. And hey great to hear from you.. Love your blog and you led me to aumbre where astha is actually designing and making several outfits for me… So thanks a ton!

Shruti August 27, 2012 at 1:47 am

it photographs really well. i’ve seen chandni use it on brides.

Sweet&Bitter August 26, 2012 at 10:41 pm

girly coffee table? ohhh just don’t listen to them. They are clueless about these things. Go ahead and get all that u wish for

Ansh@VNA August 26, 2012 at 10:48 pm

yayyy i just got mac studio fix fluid! and they have increased the price way too much. its around 2000bucks now.

IsmiDiva August 27, 2012 at 8:30 am

Never used any of these foundations but I just got a Maybelline Mousse foundation.. and I am not too happy with it, probably will try using one of the above

IsmiDiva August 27, 2012 at 9:34 am

I actually just created a post on Estee Lauder’s Foundation. Thought that this would add to the post :)

mehak August 27, 2012 at 4:11 pm

Does that photograph well?

Crazy Indian Bride August 27, 2012 at 10:52 am

I just got a Mac a few days back, absolutly in love with it…plus the SA was super sweet and spent like hours trying to teach me how to get it just right and didnt let me go till i got it :D loving my new smoother self ;P

mehak August 27, 2012 at 4:04 pm

Its awesome na?? I love it too

Swati August 27, 2012 at 1:24 pm

Hello :) Can you read my mind? Thank you for this! Hugs :)

shivangi August 27, 2012 at 1:41 pm

grt compilation! Matchmaster is great too!

mehak August 27, 2012 at 4:11 pm

Been meaning to try matchmaster…but i have my eyes on Chanel vitalumiere for now.

Dolon August 27, 2012 at 2:08 pm

Great compilation. Thanks :)

Kejal August 27, 2012 at 6:11 pm

Nice post..need to see the clinique one for myself. will wait for your review

Manali Goel August 28, 2012 at 10:59 pm

i picked up MAC fix+ last weekend and MAC Rebel. I guess Studio Fix foundation is close to 2100 the liquid one. i bought studio fix compact foundation which is great and was for 1700.

Nidhi Pandey August 30, 2012 at 2:28 pm

Wow good compilation! I have heard my beautician go gaga over the Kryolan one, n the fact that it makes your photograph come out good..is the cherry on the cake..

Gunjan October 23, 2012 at 11:29 am

Hey Mehak! Where can we buy Kryolan from?