Deepika Padukone at Abu-Sandeep’s Book Launch Party

by Mehak Shahani on August 27, 2012

in Celebrity, Features

I thought Ms Padukone loooked absolutely lovely at a recent party hosted by the Ambanis for the launch of Abu Jani & Sandeep Khosla’s book “India Fantastique” . Wearing a gotta-patti work anarkali in pastel hues, me thinks she looked fresh and radiant and very young indian princess.  If Springtime could be captured in an Indian outfit, this pretty pastel colored one would be it and i presume its by the designer duo themselves. I love that soft lemon color on that suit and  I also loved those sparkly peeptoes, that cute little pastel pink clutch and that milky pastel pink nail polish that reminded me of OPI Sweetheart

Keeping the makeup and hair simple, she did a soft brown eye with black winged eyeliner, a natural blush and an almost nude lipstick.
For a similar blush and lipstick look try Lakme Kiss of a rose blush and  Colorbar Velvet Matte Lipstick in Bare . The flowers in her hair and the kundan earrings with a bindi completed the look! Gorgeous!

Picture courtesy www.santabanta.com

HERE IS A LITTLE BIT ABOUT INDIA FANTASTIQUE

2012 marks 25 years in Fashion for Abu Jani &Sandeep Khosla.

“Abu & I thought long and hard about how we wanted to celebrate our milestone, and also about how we would use this celebration to set the vision for our creativity and ourselves in the next twenty-five. It soon became clear that a book, or rather two as it turned out to be, were the ideal vehicle.”

SandeepKhosla

INDIA FANTASTIQUE is a lush insight into the world of Abu Jani & Sandeep Khosla, India’s most celebrated couturiers. A world that unites India’s ancient cultural heritage with original contemporary design. It is a work that showcases their creativity in all its myriad forms, from Fashion to Furniture. Above all it is an Ode to India as Eternal Muse. Past, Present and Future. The first volume of India Fantastique displays dozens of the duo’s impossibly elegant designs, including close-ups of exquisitely crafted details. The second volume focuses on their extensive work in interior design. Their hallmark maximalism run riot in privately commissioned interiors, which incorporate art, artifacts, antiques and vintage textiles.

Published by Thames & Hudson, INDIA FANTASTIQUE is written by Gayatri Sinha, one of India’s most reputed art critics. It features the photography of Ram Shergill (For fashion and fashion detail) and Deidi Von Schaewen (For interiors). The most exquisite locations from across the globe serve as the backdrop to the mesmerising photography.

Ultimately, INDIA FANTASTIQUE is the most lavish lifestyle smorgasbord. One that has its roots in India and shows to perfection the breathtaking talents of a much-celebrated designer duo. It is slated to become the fashion collectible of 2012.

We are unabashedly Indian in our aesthetics. And passionately in love with the rich cultural, historic and design legacy of our Land. Design is our way of paying homage to that Beauty. By taking it into the 21st century.”

Abu Jani

Pooja@IBC August 27, 2012 at 1:17 pm

D pads looks really pretty in that outfit and makeup, refreshing change to see her pull off Indian wear so effortlessly!
Pooja@IBC recently posted..Sleek Makeup Blush Sleek Gold review and swatchesMy Profile

Ansh@VNA August 27, 2012 at 6:03 pm

i’m so head over heels in love with her now. almost all her public appearances are awesome!
Ansh@VNA recently posted..RETRO Makeup Look Of the Day!My Profile

mehak August 27, 2012 at 6:15 pm

i knowww i always thpught she was okayish but never loved her indian wear appearances-seemed too aunty for me bt this one is too pretty

Crazy Indian Bride August 27, 2012 at 6:57 pm

She is looking very different from what she normally looks, really elegant-pretty.

Love the expression of the girl on the right in the 1st picture, lol!
Crazy Indian Bride recently posted..Real Brides: Pictures, Part 1My Profile

Sweet&Bitter August 27, 2012 at 7:00 pm

the pics made me feel that she will just start saying that ‘Ek Chukti Sindoor’ dialog any moment now!!
Sweet&Bitter recently posted..Looking for Milky Coral Nail Polish? Here is Revlon Peachy For YouMy Profile

IsmiDiva August 27, 2012 at 7:01 pm

love her anarkali!! :)
IsmiDiva recently posted..What to Wear *Clothing Haul*My Profile

ritu August 27, 2012 at 7:05 pm

Hi mehak
You know tomorrow i was watching DCW on zoom channel at 8.30pm and they started showing shots of kingfisher lounge.i swear from that very moment i thought i may get lucky and see you there on t.v and yay i saw you in the 3rd or 4th frame talking to some girl next to you.
I was super excited even though i hv seen the pics uploaded by you on this very blog.but still i wanted to tell you……..

mehak August 27, 2012 at 7:44 pm

Realllyyyy? yay i was on tv haha !!!!!!! I wish i knw pehle!

Nivedita August 27, 2012 at 7:10 pm

I always love the way Deepika looks. The smoked eyes esp in Cocktail was just stunning and here she is gorgeous in the anarkalis.
But, don’t want to sound like a hater, her too lean face, I think is making her look a bit older I don;t know why. Again, a plump Deepika I know is not the best idea
Nivedita recently posted..My International Giveaway!!!My Profile

Tanmayee August 27, 2012 at 7:31 pm

I admire Deepika for her fit body and never failing style …..
Tanmayee recently posted..Dr. OlenGin Magic Mineral Facial Mud Mask ReviewMy Profile

happygoluckygal August 28, 2012 at 7:17 pm

she looked extremely beautifull in this outfit..!!
happygoluckygal recently posted..Introducing My Lil Prince Mr. FMMy Profile

BeautyIndia August 31, 2012 at 11:34 pm

Deepika always look very pretty and gorgeous in Indian Wear like saree or lehengas or suits……she is looking so amazing in this outfit.

Nidhi Pandey September 1, 2012 at 3:28 pm

I like Deepikas way of carrying herself very stylish yet very elegant and very very graceful! Thanks for the lovely info about the book Mehak!
Nidhi Pandey recently posted..Parents – Practice what you Preach! Part 2My Profile