P & B Real Brides: Meet Bride to Be Yuvika!

by mehak on August 7, 2012

in Bridal Blog, Real Brides

What is “P & B Real Brides”?  Real Brides is a feature where we get to know one recent bride or bride to be and pick her brains about all things we love to talk about- outfits, lehengas, makeup artists, love stories.  Admit it, you are a sucker for weddings, and no matter whose getting married you WANT to be involved-!!!! Its also a platform for brides to ask the general audience advice on anything they need help on- from finding a good makeup artist in their area to finding the perfect boutique  for stitching.

Meet Yuvika

I’m an Army brat..grew up in cantonments across the country..I belong to everywhere :) :) ..its a very difficult question to answer for a kid who changed 9 schools and 5 colleges n universities :) ..but for records, I hail from Chandigarh and lots of family based in Ambala and Delhi. These are photographs of my engagement ceremony!

Her Love Story : He is   working with me , a  friend from work.. :) known him for sometime and he asked me out in March ’12… I thought abt it for a few weeks n told him to speak to his parents if hez serious enough! So he did n then our parents met n gave a go-ahead..so the way I describe it is- he loved me.. I’d it arranged for him! :P

Wedding Day: November 2012

The Engagement

The Engagement Lehenga: This outfit  is from Chandni Chowk . Its design was modified by my mom and maasi,inspired by a Manish Malhotra creation, made to order and not off the rack. (Editors Note: ooh, this Manish Malhotra creation had become quite popular..Katrina wore a similar outfit in pink with a side slit like you got made!)

Bought From: New 555 in Gali Ghante Wali (Chandni Chowk) Opposite Haldirams

Price: Rs  35K..

Photographer: Shivani Garg took these pictures..shez NIFT grad and an upcoming photographer and a friend’s friend, so I got a good deal for the overall wedding package for candid shots. (Editors Note: Some of these photographs are pretty darn good you know , specially the first one.. those of you on a budget and looking for candid photographer check out Shivani Garg)

Makeup :Got my make-up from Bharti Taneja’s Alps

Makeup Charges“: Rs.6800 for me and mom’s make up, hair and dress/saree drape for the function.

Have you started your Lehenga Hunt: As I said, being an avid googler myself.. I started my wedding lehenga hunt since more than a month ago..and I’m not happy with what I’ve found. I’m just not into the bling of ‘bridal lehngas’ and don’t want to look like a Christmas tree :(( ..but everywhere I search I find only sequins/stone work/heavy work which is outlandish! Read your blog and so I’ll be visiting Frontier Bazaar and other places @ Karol Bagh and Rajouri Garden..though I did have a cursory look at Frontier Raas @ South Ex.. (Suggestions welcome!) I think I just may have to design my own thing and get it made again..budget is appx. 50K

The Funnest moment of the Engagement: There were tons of fun moment since he is a friend first, fiance later  but I’ll tell you this-we only laughed throughout the function..all our pictures are glaring ads for toothpaste and mouthwash brands ;) ..we made it a point to enjoy every minute of the day..and the photos and videos are a treat to watch!

sunaa August 7, 2012 at 10:48 am

gorgeous lehenga yuvika !!!
nd these pictures r soooo beautiful =)

Yuvika August 7, 2012 at 10:54 pm

Thanks Sunaa :D

Farheen August 7, 2012 at 10:58 am

wow Yuvika,, you look gorgeous!!!!
good luck for your D day

Aditi Pednekar August 7, 2012 at 11:16 am

I loved your earings!! All the best Yuvika :)

Yuvika August 7, 2012 at 10:55 pm

Thanks Aditi..these earrings were picked by mom from Lucknow :)

Ishita Ray August 7, 2012 at 11:34 am

you look really beautiful :) and the pictures are mind blowing….

Deepti August 7, 2012 at 11:43 am

Haha!! I never thought UV will be here.. :D I am also a regular here but never thought I wld get to see yuvika here as a Bride to Be ;) Anyway though i have already commented on FB.. you look really nice.. and the guy looks quite a match for you.. I myself was wondering how come they both are laughing thru out the pics? :) All the best for your search and keep tipping us as well for any new discoveries.. :) Love..

Yuvika August 7, 2012 at 10:56 pm

Deeptiiii..thanks again sweetheart :D now u know the secret behind us laughing all through..and yeah, I’m fast gaining a Ph.D on all things bridal ;D

Shruti August 7, 2012 at 12:00 pm

You and you Lehenga is Absolutely Stunning Yuvika :)

Aparajita August 7, 2012 at 12:00 pm

Congratulations Yuvika..:)
Love your lehenga…and I totally agree with Mehek…the first pic is definitely a great click…:)

Maansi August 7, 2012 at 12:27 pm

The first picture is seriously amazing, Yuvika!!

Dolon August 7, 2012 at 12:27 pm

Congrats Yuvika:)…you look beautiful..loved the first pic

SweetAndBitter August 7, 2012 at 12:35 pm

Yuvika!!! Salute to ur Mom and Massi for the modifications – the lehenga looks amazing. Do share your wedding dress hunt

Yuvika August 7, 2012 at 10:57 pm

Thanks..shall pass on the compliments! :) the latest is that I visited Frontier Raas over the weekend and fell in love with one..yet to finalize anything though, will have to work some mommy-maasi magic again ;D

Kejal August 7, 2012 at 1:33 pm

Gorgeous Lehenga! She’s taken very good pics! All d best for ur lehenga hunt!!

Yuvika August 7, 2012 at 11:03 pm

Thanks Kejal :) Yes, Shivani did a great job!

Crazy Indian Bride August 7, 2012 at 1:46 pm

Love the lehenga!!
You pics and makeup have come out soo good!!!

Your really pretty. *touchwood*

Do go to Frountier right now, Both are on sale, you can get really nice lehenga’s at your budget during sale time.

Shruti Dhingra Wahi August 7, 2012 at 5:29 pm

Looking good Yuvika :-)
Loved your lehnga and your nail art too :-)

Yuvika August 7, 2012 at 11:02 pm

Thanks Shruti..aah! forgot abt the nail art..that’s from Jawed Habib! ;)

shivani August 7, 2012 at 5:33 pm

The lehenga is so pretty and the pics are mindblowing! u look so so pretty!

Bhumika M August 7, 2012 at 5:40 pm

Congrats! I think, seeing your work on your Lehenga, you should definitely design your own Lehenga for the wedding! :) Also, you should try finalizing it asap!

Neha August 7, 2012 at 7:26 pm

Hey yuvika, u look beautiful, u know I have the same exact outfit I wore it for my sangeet I mean same exact one. But u look prettier !!!!!

Yuvika August 7, 2012 at 10:58 pm

Aww..that’s so sweet of you Neha ..I’m sure you looked very stunning too! do share your pictures..would love to see them

Neha August 7, 2012 at 11:39 pm

Sure, but I was dancing like a monkey on sangeet so I do not have any good picture but will share the funny one!! I got it made from a boutique and the top was olive green instead of Beige and the bottom was exact same as yours and no dupptta!!! I will be waiting to see your wedding outfit :)… U can try Sounia Gohil she is a new designer but her outfits are somewhat different also not so expensive.. U can try checking Indianhanger.com they have very nice lehnga’s for your budget and without too much bling bling!!!

Jyoti August 7, 2012 at 8:48 pm

OMG! U r so pretty. Loved the first pic a lot. <3 ur guy is luck to have you. :D
That lehenga is looks amazing! Loved ur makeup too. Lolz. There is nothing not to like in there. Loved every single thing abt u here. :D

Yuvika August 7, 2012 at 11:01 pm

Thanx Jyoti..! you made my day..hell, you made my week! :D

shivani garg August 7, 2012 at 10:28 pm

Yuvika is as lovely as she looks. Glad all of you liked the pictures so much. My job is done!

Yuvika August 7, 2012 at 11:00 pm

thanks a lot all you wonderful girls! :)
I’m hunting around for a Make Up artist..suggestions? I saw Mehak’s post on this..got in touch with a few but most won’t ork out due to 1) distance from the venue (Chattarpur) 2) Price :(
..any tips/leads shall be very helpful!

Bhumika M August 7, 2012 at 11:35 pm

Have you set any budget?

karishma August 8, 2012 at 1:12 pm

Hey Yuvika! U look beautiful!! N the pictures reflect your happiness! My wedding venue is at chhatarpur as well.. N mine is a daytime wedding so the problem of getting a suitabke mua is compounded.. I hv tried contacting a few freelancers who are willing to come either to the venue or to my home.. All the best!

Yuvika August 8, 2012 at 7:54 pm

Thanks Karishma! :)
Could you give me any leads for the freelancers MUA who would be willing to come to the venue? how much do they charge on an average?

Aanchal August 8, 2012 at 11:18 pm

Hey Yuvika, many congratulations! You look gorgeous, keep that charming smile on, and I am sure you would rock your wedding day! Wish I could borrow your mom and mausi, and help them create a magic dress for myself though, sigh!

As far as MUA’s are concerned, most freelancers are ok to travelanywhere within NCR, and charge in the range of 15-20k. The closest studio I could think of from your venue would be Gopika Pillai’s. She is Ambika Pillai’s sister, I don’t have any personal experience with her, but a friend of mine used her for her wedding recently, and she did a good job. She charges 11k for bridal make-up, and her studio is in Saket. All the best! :)

Yuvika August 9, 2012 at 9:02 am

thanks Aanchal! feel free to borrow my ladies and pick their brains for your dress..m not kidding! :)
I’ll check out Gopika and visit her studio soon…I think I need to book a MUA soon..my wedding date is VERY popular!!!

Yuvika August 7, 2012 at 11:04 pm

Thanks Mehak! you are awesome and you know it!

anumeha August 7, 2012 at 11:48 pm

M also getting married in Nov… N with the budget u can easily get an awesome lehenga made from farrukhabad in up m also getting mine made from there

Avantika August 8, 2012 at 12:40 am

I completely understand by what you mean when you say you don’t want to end up looking like a Christmas tree :D
DO check out Frontier Bazaar(Karol Bagh)..fabulous collection! I wanted something bridal but not chatak..and I got the perfect lehenga! I was supposed to only go there to check out the collection and also wanted to go to Chandni Chowk..but the minute I saw the lehenga..I knew it had been made for me :)
AND i got an awesome deal..they have a Sale right now..so I got my lehenga at a decent discount..my budget was also 50K. Good luck! :)

Yuvika August 8, 2012 at 12:09 pm

Thanks a ton Avantika! I know where I’m heading this weekend! :D

Bhumika August 8, 2012 at 4:55 am

U look fab girl..and the pics are amazing !!

sakhi August 8, 2012 at 12:35 pm

U simply look stunning

Vaishnavi August 8, 2012 at 2:58 pm

Hey Yuvika…loved the look and the manicure especially!!

upasana August 8, 2012 at 5:24 pm

Hi Yuvikaa,

I went to frontier raas with my MIL last week to pick my reception lehnga…n trust me they have amazing stuff. for first 20 min they dint pay much attention and kept showing us stuff on display its only after 20 min seeing our seriousness they started involving and telling what will look good and what we should go for…

I actually like embroidery of one lehnga n style of other which they will merge n give me MY lehnga…

there discounts are gettting over so suggest you pay one more visit to this place.

SNM August 9, 2012 at 11:23 am

Hello Mehak,

Howdy! I love love love your blog.

I wanted to ask you something though, kind of help. Do you have any idea how to get the makeup look that jennifer lopez has, I will be getting married next year and will be wearing white, i want my makeup to look exactly like hers. my skin tone is similar to yours.

To know what im rambling about, please see her….here

mehak August 9, 2012 at 11:38 am

Hi Sharona,
that link s not opening for me but J lo is all about being bronze and glowy. You need to make your skin super dewy and sheeny with highlighters, bro nzers and shine mediums. But ill give you a word of advice- its not the best for marriage functions- it photographs horribly because the glow looks oily on camera…put someother picture if u have i cant really see this one.

Garima August 10, 2012 at 11:02 am

Hey Yuvika! You look stunning, I love your outfit, its beyond gorgeous! Your mom and massi should open up their own boutique because they styled your outfit beautifully! And your makeup is so natural! Hope you have an awesome wedding as well.. please do share your wedding pictures with us!

Yuvika August 10, 2012 at 8:03 pm

thanks Garima! :D you made my day..and it’s my birthday today as well ;) ..will definitely pass on the compliments :) will share the wedding pictures too!

Divya Sharma August 11, 2012 at 2:11 pm

Yuvika … your lehenga is absolutely gorgeous!! *lovestruck* :)

Yuvika August 14, 2012 at 9:27 pm

Thanks Divya! I felt so grand in it too….must tell u though, its really heavy :)

Yuvika November 17, 2012 at 10:00 pm

..and the wedding is exactly a week away.. I am the proverbial bridezilla!! My lehenga isnt ready yet …. :'(

arja June 21, 2013 at 1:08 am

you`re such a beauty, all these posts makes me dream about a dream marriage as well ^_^

Yuvika June 26, 2013 at 2:35 pm

Thanks Arja! I am sure you will :) ..thinking about a post on my pre-wedding functions and wedding day as well, if Mehak is ready to feature me! ;)

zarine khan September 18, 2013 at 7:13 pm

very nice girls

zimzim October 5, 2014 at 12:29 pm

Hmmm that was pretty fast… Wonder what arnab would say…