Aamby Valley Bridal Week 2012: Photos

by mehak on September 20, 2012

in Bridal Blog, Bridal fashion, Fashion

Its that time of the year again! The ‘ Drool over gorgeous lehengas’ time. Wait. That time comes atleast twice in a month for me , and if you are a bride to be then that time is probably everyday for you! And if you are clueless about what is the big deal about drooling over Indian bridal wear then maybe these pictures from Aamby Valley Bridal Fashion Week 2012 will change your mind.  I have some pictures from bridal collections of  Tarun Tahiliani, Aashima -Leena, Anjalee Arjun, Pallavi Jaikishan and Meera and Muzaffar Ali. Need i say more ladies? Ready. Set. Drool.

Pallavi Jaikishan at Aamy Valley Bridal Week 2012

Pallavi Jaikishan stuck to her color pallette of pastels combining her signature floral embroidery patterns into every outfit. There was a lot of zardozi, a lot of pretty lace edging and resham threadwork. Very young, very feminine. My own lehenga– was inspired by a cross between Pallavi Jaikishan and Sabyasachi -it had the floral embroidery of PJ and the colors of Sabya.

Tarun Tahiliani at Aamby Valley Bridal Week 2012

Tarun Tahilianis color pallete ranged from soft, muted nudes to deep, dark bridal wear colors to even black. It was a heavily embellished collection, with a lot of belted silhouettes , heavily embroidered jackets contrasted with lightweight sheer net dupattas. You know what i didnt like? The jewellery. Killed a few looks for me.

Aashima and Leena showcased a collection that started with really calm, pristine whites and then transitioned into really bright oranges and reds. There was brocade, banarsi georgettes, and lots of flowy nets in between.

Anjalee and Arjun Kapoor are a favourite of many a bride , but this collection was a wee bit dissapointing to me. It just seemed like the same old, same old stone work on the same old colors and silhouettees. Some of the outfits had gorgeous pieces as seperates, like i loved that jacket which is at the bottom right, but i thought that satiny pink lace skirt underneath killed it for me.

Meera and Muzafar Ali showcases a very subtle, understated collection using traditional indian crafts and textiles

Do you have a favourite? Im not sure whether i am completely in love with anything you know?

Sweet&Bitter September 20, 2012 at 10:06 pm

LOVED the bottom part of Meera and Muzafar Ali’s first pic. Which one is your favorite Mehek?

Deepti September 20, 2012 at 10:26 pm

Everything is soo soo old and boring.. nothing new :( Disappointed totally! Though liked a wee bit of Pallavi Jaikishan’s first outfit..

DrSukanya@FewUnnecessaryStuff September 20, 2012 at 10:38 pm

liked those orange sarees from Pallavi Jaikishan

thedelhibride September 20, 2012 at 11:30 pm

I really really loved the last pic – that pic beautiful lehenga. Want it!!! :)

Pooj@IBC September 21, 2012 at 12:03 am

Chitrangada looks like a dream in that ethereal lehanga.. sooo pretty!

shruti September 21, 2012 at 12:07 am

My faves are Pallavi Jaikishan and Merra and Muzaffar Ali. Need to check out Kotwara soon!

mehak September 23, 2012 at 10:41 pm

I went to see the stuff, and i have to say i like it bettr in photographs than in real life. I didnt really see the bridal collection though- the regular stuff!

Ansh@VNA September 21, 2012 at 1:03 am

umm..me not liking anything much. altough there were some really classis peices

Harman September 21, 2012 at 1:15 am

Now this is some drool worthy stuff!

Marathi Weddings September 21, 2012 at 9:18 am

Great post! I liked PJ’s orange net saree (Left).

Shikha September 21, 2012 at 10:42 am

Anjalee and Arjun Kapoor 3rd picture (left). Can experiment and wear with a churidar.

ramya September 21, 2012 at 12:40 pm

My fav second one from Anjali-arjun.

Vaishnavi September 21, 2012 at 1:40 pm

My vote to Meera & Muzzafar Ali…they are rocking the paisley!!!

gargi September 21, 2012 at 9:45 pm

I love anjeeli & arjun kapoor
Loved the color and the work!

Sheetal September 23, 2012 at 1:25 am

i liked anjalee &.. ‘s first dress and also ashmina &..’s 2nd dress :)

Richa Saxena September 23, 2012 at 12:32 pm

I loved Pallavi’s collection….Amazing…

Frances September 23, 2012 at 3:43 pm

Maybe I’m just burned out on Indian bridal wear, but these collections just leave me cold. More glitter, more crystal, more zardosi, more beading, MOAR STUFF!!11! Never mind that most brides aren’t 9 feet tall and carved out of bronze, we’re going to bead this whole piece from collar to hem, then we’re going to dip in it gold, and run it through a Swarovski design studio, and you WILL respect our authoritah! (I love Cartman from South Park)

Balance, peepz, balance. You know how magazines always say cleavage or legs? I wish Indian bridal designers would remember “Blouse OR Skirt”. Stop trying to embellish everything. The next trend in bridalwear will be to wear two outfits at once (because we couldn’t fit all the bling on to just ONE, y’know?)

I’d take the first Meera and Muzaffar Ali skirt, but switch the blouse to something much plainer.

Sorry, that rant went on for longer than I expected.

mehak September 23, 2012 at 10:33 pm

Haha so true !!!! im so tired of overly embellished things that make brides look like a giant blingy ball!!! I love the rants !please dont be sorry haha !
I would want to see newer colors in bridal wear honestly . I mean ya people have moved from red to orange and pink but why dont we see more pastels, greens , blues etc.

Zee Bee September 23, 2012 at 7:32 pm

Saffron for bridal saree and lehenga?? Wow , that’s the firs ti have seen. Really like those pastel lehengas – beautiful !

Samyukta September 23, 2012 at 7:48 pm

gorgeous no doubt but nothing new! :'( I mean everything seems sooo jaded!

su October 7, 2012 at 5:24 pm

hi mehak ,
i need help….right now i have my exams major ones so I cant go shopping till 7th december n my cousin’s wedding is on 15th december….exams got preponed and m the only sis…..m wearing a peach and silver chiffon lehenga on the wedding day…..i m in a fix as to what to wear on his sangeet…. a sari or anarkali…..d lehenga cost me 20k so m on a strict budget of 8-9k…l b shopping in delhi only…. im tired of the endless anarkalis everyone wears….is there something new in anarkali? and sari what kinda sari should i wear? i want to wear offbeat colors like blue or green or something like dat no reds no pinks no purples no oranges…..can u suggest me some stores in south delhi where i can get a budget sari or anarkali..? and also will u b kind enough to upload a few pics of both….it will b of real real help…..i cnt get stitched i want all ready made…..also enlighten me with any ingenious ideas of yours…..thank you …..