Are You Organised When it comes to Makeup Storage?

by mehak on September 4, 2012

in Beauty Banter, Features

I am really not honestly. I have all my makeup organised in boxes, but the boxes are just here there everywhere. Any of you with OCD tendencies or arranging makeup by color? I have a friend who does that, and i got inspired once but lost patience in like 15 seconds!

Anjali September 4, 2012 at 12:58 pm

I throw them in boxes & keep the boxes organized. I love keeping it in order but hey i no have any patience.. Lest mom sees, all is cool & neat..

mehak September 4, 2012 at 2:04 pm

Hehe, same here no patientce..atleast yr boxes are organised..mine are all here there everywhere.

happygoluckygal September 4, 2012 at 1:08 pm

Atleast you have all them in a box..!! mine only god knows where all those are..:( every week day i plan to organise in the coming weekend and as usual keeps on dragging..!!:)

Avanti September 4, 2012 at 1:10 pm

My take is yes and no to the question above. While I have a Vanity kit with all my make up stuff and you will find it only in that box,never lying around. But in the box they are all piled on each other. I have dig in to find my fav stuff.
However, that’s the least organised you could be living in a city like Mumbai where space in a constrain and one cant have luxuries of have dedicated drawers for make up.

mehak September 4, 2012 at 2:03 pm

Ahh i remember when i stayed in mumbai- it ws all stuffd inside a plastic case and into a drawer. Thr ws no option bt to keep it inside tht cos thr ws no space.!

Crazy Indian Bride September 4, 2012 at 2:08 pm

with me its more like I know exactly where everything is but if someone else starts looking for my stuff they are impossible to find!

they are all over my room, in bags, drawers, kajols in pen stands….really need to get a little more organised…

Crazy Indian Bride September 4, 2012 at 2:09 pm

they are all over my room, in bags, drawers, kajals in pen stands….really need to get a little more organised…

Dolon September 4, 2012 at 2:40 pm

Absolutely not..No wonder I can’t find stuff half of the time!

SweetAndBitter September 4, 2012 at 2:49 pm

a have specific boxes for eyeshadow, blush/face products, lipsticks or any lip products and products to be reviewed. All are inside a drawer. There is also a 4 level drawer where all my nail polishes are cramped up based to color. All in all organized but if you try to find anything – you will have a tough time …he he he

mehak September 4, 2012 at 6:25 pm

U sound pretty organised..more tha me definitely

Revathy September 4, 2012 at 2:51 pm

well… i am decently organized when it comes to my makeup stuff..beware! lengthy comment… :)

all the things tat i wud need over a week of rushing to office are organized in a rack with 3 drawers in my dresser beside the mirror… one rack for face creams, blushes, concealer, foundation,etc. 2nd for all sorts of eye makeup stuff & 3rd for lippies & lip care stuff…. brushes & combs & other stuff tat dont fit into these racks stand beside in a huge coffee mug..

rest of the stuff i have organized into boxes like many of u… i have shopped a lot from urbantouch actually & totally love the heavy black box.

one box is for my pedicure kit, one for nail paints & manicure stuff, one for all the facepacks i got, one for other facial makeup stuff & things that i use for outing or travel or parties.. one more for my accessories & one more for my brushes n tools..

i have medical adhesive tape stuck on each of the box lid and labelled them as to what is stored inside them.. so that i don go over each of the box before i reach out to the one i want… :D

All these take over one huge shelf in my wardrobe.. :(

i used to be totally disorganized b4 and keep all of them in a huge picnic basked tat i thrifted from mom… but learnt to be organized the hard way when most of my products were nearing expiry or expired..

now I store them in each of the boxes in ascending dates of expiry.. :)

phew! i know this is the reaction on each of ur face :D lol…

mehak September 4, 2012 at 4:02 pm

Oh jesus. Yr VERY organised
Medical adhesive tape stuck to boxes to label them…WOMANN!!

Revathy September 4, 2012 at 9:46 pm

lol… yeah.. i saw the tape lying around without use.. so put it on them… :D

Anjali September 4, 2012 at 4:20 pm

Holy Moly.. You are one too good to be truee.. My mom would adopt you in a second.. :P

mehak September 4, 2012 at 5:19 pm

i know mine tooo!

Revathy September 4, 2012 at 9:52 pm

okies.. i shall visit each of ur home – each month.. upon one condition..

i get to have one box full of makeup stuff from ur closet all for myself …. deal???? :D

and some food too… :D

SweetAndBitter September 4, 2012 at 6:14 pm

Revathy will u please come to my home? Please come just once and arrange things for me *puppy face* but then there is a risk that my Mom will throw me out of the house to keep you *gasp*

Tanya September 4, 2012 at 3:11 pm

I was like really unorganised and messy once upon a time and I would end up loosing things.
At home, mum was there to take care of my belongings but here , I had to start acting responsible.
Over a period of few years , I kinda changed for the good. Now I have these absolutely adorable pinks stands , shelves and boxes for storing and organising makeup

mehak September 4, 2012 at 6:26 pm

How cute- i wish we got cute makeup storage in india. It would inspire me to gt mre organised as well.

Tanya September 5, 2012 at 10:39 am

hehe…yeah! I am sure :)
Btw..congrats once again on your wedding :)

mehak September 5, 2012 at 10:48 am

Thanks Tanya!

Kejal September 4, 2012 at 3:34 pm

I am not organised at all…but I realised I keep forgeting to use items as I didnt see them in front of me…and then my whole room went into an overhaul mode.. took me 3 weekends to clean and re-arrange my whole wardrobe, vanity, nail polish and shoe racks ..but I finally managed to clean out everything and re-arrange as per category like eye makeup, blushes, face base, brushes etc.
I have toooo many Nail polishes so they arent categories in any way yet.

mehak September 4, 2012 at 6:26 pm

Yeahh.. i do tht a lot- complain i dont have this particular lipstick color and the find i have atleast 2 tucked away somewhere

swastika September 4, 2012 at 4:45 pm

i am decent i think regarding makeup…2 vanity bags store my products for parties etc. One diy stand for my regular stuff…rest of the stuff (like lotion creams etc) are stored in the shelves in my vanity

Embellished September 4, 2012 at 6:02 pm

I am. I actually love arranging and rearranging my makeup. :D

sheetal September 4, 2012 at 10:03 pm

i m not atall organised.. looking for drawers though..

Chris September 5, 2012 at 12:18 am

I am fairly organized. I have 3 storage carts just for makeup and nail polish. Everything is arranged according to color and product. There is one drawer for neutral/brown eyeshadows, one for colorful eyeshadows, one for blushes, bronzers, etc. When I get to samples, extras, bath products, etc, that’s when it gets messy. LOL.

lapanika September 5, 2012 at 2:58 am

I have 3 drawers , but I have my stuff strewn inside. Although, I love to search for storage tips !

chunchun September 5, 2012 at 7:52 am

I have the luxury of a rather huge bathroom and I take full advantage of it.. I have an under the sink cabinet where all my supplies go in- Lotions, shampoos, conditioners, soaps and all the other things that I like to hide and not display.. Also I have a huge wooden cabinet inside the bathroom with glass shelves inside it so I organise my make up shelf wise.

The first and second shelf have perfumes, third has lipsticks, fourth has eye make up and fifth and sixth have face stuff like blush ons and bronzers and creams and stuff!!
PS: I have a bad tendancy to show my bathroom off!!!

GoldFish September 5, 2012 at 11:55 am

Hey while we are on the organizing topic can anyone suggest great travelling kit for makeup with very bare minimum stuff to hold on? so that i dont have to throw in all my make up in the vanity kit. :P

Nidhi Pandey September 5, 2012 at 3:05 pm

I have different see through pouches for eye and lip items and a drawer for my foundation, highlighter, blush and othr brushes..Dont have too many makeup items so this much is fine enough :)

chunchun September 8, 2012 at 12:30 am

@ Goldfish – You can take your regular kajal/kohl, lip balm, concealer( if you use it) , foundation ( if you use it), a pink gloss ( this works with every outfit, I use bourjois), your favorite lipstick and I also use colorbar eye pencil- “coal mine” which I use as a shadow. I think this is bare minimum!!