Bridal Files: Reliving the Moments & FAQ

by mehak on September 5, 2012

in Bridal Blog, Bridal files countdown

If anyone in your family has ever gotten married, you would know that the run up to the wedding and the wedding itself is one crazy, adrenaline full, excited to the highest degree affair. Then once its over, there is this almost depressing lull- as if all that you had been thinking about for a year is now over and there is nothing left in life to look forward to!! I thought i was alone in feeling so low, but i realised PWL (Post Wedding Low-ness) is a common phenomena .Then when the albums and videos come in again, that crazy excitement starts all over again – and for five days you see every single cd and photo that there is to see. Well mine just came in recently, and i thought i should share some of my favourite ones (there are more which involve me +boy but for privacy sake im not going to put those up)

So, i didnt have a candid photographer for my wedding. Shock.Horror.Gasp. Yes in this day and age, Me, Mehak – beauty blogger who loves reseraching everything wedding related  did not care about her photographs or care to loosen the purse strings too much on a photographer.  It was all handled by the boys side, and they got a local studio in Hyderabad to do the job who covered all morning and evening events and did a decent job at that. Honestly, im glad they did, because i would have otherwise spent A TON of money on flying one down to hyderabad, and im not sure if i would have thought it worth it. So since the official snaps only just came in i thought i shall share some of those with you!

I dunno why i love these hand-shots of mine, but they kind of make me remember moments of the wedding. The first one is when i was standing greeting all the guests with my hand entwined infront of me. I remember that my hands were shaking, i have no clue why and so i entwined them so it doesnt look like im a nervous wreck!!!

This one is because those damn kaliras got stuck into my lehenga ever 2 minutes!! Uff ! I was like a magnet for shiny gold objects that night. I wouldnt even know it and suddenly i would discover another shiny bauble on my arm stuck to something and be like ” Wha??? i wore this?”

I had a bit of a chuckle looking at the photo below. See, look closely at what im doing. In the middle of the madness, and the guests surrounding me, the demure bride is checking out her ring!!!!! Lol. Hmmm, planning for the upgrade on the 3rd anniversary already . Haha ! Its true, i used to zonk off in the middle like this doing my own thing and then realise ‘Oh-its my wedding day’ . Look attentive.

I love this one below because its captured the whole moment of him waiting on stage for me so beautifully. I dont know, i get a very royal prince awaiting his princes feel when i look at it. Thoug let me tell you in reality it was nothing like that. He ws QUITE mad that i made him wait (Its a culture difference thing – he only waited 15 min or so, i know brides who come out an hour later)

And this one below, is a series of many adorable , non posed photographs that i absolutely LOVE , but more of these are really too private so i just put up this one.

Here are some ‘Frequently asked questions’ that iv been getting asked on e-mail, on th blog or twitter.

FAQ: To wear or not to wear the Nath:

Answer: Wear 100%. I created a huge fuss about it but when i look at my pictures i understand why my mom insisted. I would not have looked like a bride without it- specially because most of my family wore their own wedding lehengas and sets to my marriage , the only thing distinguishing me was the dupatta over head and the nath. Plus its pretty non obtrusive , i didnt even notice it was there till it came to eating. Then it was a bit of a logistical issue- to feed yourself through the nath or under it?? Lol.. So i just unclipped it from my nose  then and it hung loose in my hair but still looked pretty!

FAQ: Pre Bridals- How many, How much to spend

This depends on how bad your skin is. I mean, the parlour will obviously sell you everything on their rate card, but please. All you need is a good facial and if you want get a body polish/ body scrub . I only did the facial. I did the body scrub at home with milk and bread followed by besan and haldi and yogurt and the results were better than any body polish etc !! So yeah do get a facial / clean up because makeup application is smoother, but beyond that is not a necessity- its simply what you wish to get done.

FAQ: Is it absolutely necessary to hire a candid photographer

Look, if your budget permits it- go ahead , theyr definitely special but it is absolutely NOT necessary and you shouldnt be going crazy over stuff like this. Reee-lax. Studios in India these days dont click those age-old photographs anymore, they are pretty damn good and as long as you are happy your photos are going to come out beautiful so breathe in, breathe out. Dont over stretch yourself…

FashionPhD September 5, 2012 at 11:13 pm

“If anyone in your family has ever gotten married” hahahah well obviously thus we exist :D lovely photos though!
Would love to see how ur doing up ur interiors, if its not too obtrusive :)
FashionPhD recently posted..What I Wore To The Powder Room LaunchMy Profile

Peachesandblush September 5, 2012 at 11:38 pm

Hahahaha lol I meant recently..though now tht I re read it…hahahahah

Peachesandblush September 5, 2012 at 11:43 pm

Oh and decor us definitely coming up but I need t decorate my house completely first

FashionPhD September 6, 2012 at 12:03 am

i meant intrusive :P haha
FashionPhD recently posted..What I Wore To The Powder Room LaunchMy Profile

Sweet&Bitter September 5, 2012 at 11:45 pm
komal September 5, 2012 at 11:14 pm

You look so breathtaking !! and the last picture is amazing !! :D.
komal recently posted..Delhi shopping – Sarojini Nagar and South ExMy Profile

Neha September 5, 2012 at 11:14 pm

Hi Mehak

Can u plz tl me if it is reqd to pierce the nose fr wearing nath.

Tx

Vanu September 5, 2012 at 11:25 pm

sorry im not Mehak but still answering (nosy me!) You dont need to pierce d nose to wear nath. nowadays you get clip-ons kind :D
Vanu recently posted..NEW PIECES on BSF ShopMy Profile

Peachesandblush September 5, 2012 at 11:37 pm

I wore a clip onnn!!! No need to get yr nose pierced girl

Crazy Indian Bride September 6, 2012 at 12:23 pm

Again not Mehak but equally nosy as Vanu :P

You get really great Clip on in real and artificial. (googled some picture for you)

They are of 2 types :
1. comes with a screw : this one is least prone to fall off but if it gets too tight might leave a slight dent which might remain the next day. So the right amount of tightness should be judged. (does that make sense ?! )
See picture here http://alturl.com/6no3k

2. is in a ring shape but without a screw like those bali type clip on for ears : prone to falling off, leaves a slight dent too but not so much as the screw one. But make sure you check this one for a couple of hours at home first. My cousin wore here straight on the wedding day and it kept falling off.
See picture here http://alturl.com/vgmap

Although I got mine pierced…
Crazy Indian Bride recently posted..Pre-Bridal : A necessity or VanityMy Profile

thedelhibride September 5, 2012 at 11:18 pm

The last pic is absolutely wonderful! And i was literally LOL when I read about how you’re checking out your own ring! Haha!
As for the nath, I don’t have a nose piercing, and I have a feeling that the clip on might hurt and feel uncomfy as I’m not used to it…am I wrong?
thedelhibride recently posted..I’m getting married NEXT month! Wedding Planning Updates for AugustMy Profile

Rima September 5, 2012 at 11:27 pm

love the pic where u are checking your ring.and the last picture is very nice…aww look at the way the couple are looking at each others eyes.

Harman September 5, 2012 at 11:32 pm

You are one pretty bride Mehak! All the pictures are really nice :)
Harman recently posted..Whats on my Vanity!My Profile

Tanya September 5, 2012 at 11:37 pm

Great pics! I have an awkard ques, dint knw whom to approach, so asking you girls here. Does anyone of you have any idea about brazilian? I knw its embarrasing bt I wud appreciate a response.

mehak September 6, 2012 at 10:03 am

yeah i didnt get it done! :p I mean dude, i cant bear the pain. My cousins got it done though and she said the first time it hurts like hell but it feels so good after tht , that you want to gt it done everytime..but i jst got the bikini line done.

Tanya September 6, 2012 at 5:04 pm

Oh great!!! Do you know any parlour which provide these services? My local parlour wali has agreed to do it, but i’m dicey about the hygiene standards.

mehak September 6, 2012 at 6:31 pm

Lakme does a fairly decent job..

Bhumika September 8, 2012 at 1:50 am

L’Oreal Enrich are also good..my friend who got married recently got it done from there..part of the bridal package..but she did advice to do it first time much before the wedding and not try the first time just before the wedding ! :D
Bhumika recently posted..My Sleek and Colorbar HaulMy Profile

sunaa September 6, 2012 at 12:06 am

the pictures are awesom..especially d last two..
and also may i know d lipstick shade u wore here mehak,?
sunaa recently posted..Maybelline Colorsensational Jewel Collection Lipstick Rubylicious : Review & SwatchesMy Profile

mehak September 7, 2012 at 4:34 pm

Hey well she put this brown lipstick on me bt i found it too dull so i applied mac so chaud on top which is this shicking orange..it mixed with the brown to give a nice lip color.

Deeptima September 6, 2012 at 12:27 am

Mehak you look so pretty in that 3rd last pic… soo adorable <3
Deeptima recently posted..My weekend in pictures (FOOD)My Profile

sakshi September 6, 2012 at 12:36 am

U realy lukd breathtakingly beautiful! Last pic is realy owsum, I like all d pics.

Pinkalicious September 6, 2012 at 12:42 am

Mehak… Sigh! The more i see your photos the more i fall in love with your wedding look! Thanks for the nath insight.. And your ring!! (*gets up, cartwheels then pirouettes & continues..) Also, I love your var-mala, its not the OTT huge one that overwhelms the person & the dress.. (did u chose it or happy coincidence?)

PS – Whenever I go to Frontier I see your lehenga prototypes on display! Frontier’s following m sure would have sky rocketed after your wedding!!

mehak September 7, 2012 at 4:34 pm

No i didnt choose the var mala ! just happened i guess!

coralcrue September 6, 2012 at 1:03 am

beautiful pictures Mehak. I am gonna say it again, you look fantastic! All that planning was really worth it looking at your final look. the wedding pictures are worth it from the glimpse in here and so there really was no need to splurge on candid photography
coralcrue recently posted..Working out WoesMy Profile

Pooja@IBC September 6, 2012 at 1:15 am

Awww you look so adorable like a demure bridal doll! I so loved the last pic and the pic of you checking out the engagement ring- OMG I so relate to it, for ages I’d love to stare at my engagement ring and just go in to my personal lala land :D

IsmiDiva September 6, 2012 at 2:41 am

aww beautiful wedding pictures! you and your husband make such a cute couple.. you both look like college students.. so adorable! :) Do you have fb where we can add you and see your wedding pictures..?
IsmiDiva recently posted..Get the Bollywood Look: *Sari Special*My Profile

Neha Sharma September 6, 2012 at 4:18 am

I love love the last pic……So good, Glad to see you back Mehak…PLz do a post on honeymoon planning especially for those who r planning a euro-trip…Love this post will be eager to see the home decore post..

Deepti September 6, 2012 at 10:08 am

Hey Mehak.. nice pics.. your studio photographer has done a pretty decent thing.. not like dose pics clicked for recording purpose!! Anyway was waiting more for the post wedding pics like the bidaai and your Delhi home decor as well as life after marriage kindda pics.. hoping to see dose soon ;)

Kejal September 6, 2012 at 10:58 am

the last pic is beautiful! LOL on how u ate thru or under the nath
Kejal recently posted..Sandy Matt Purple + Rhinestones Nail ArtMy Profile

shivangi September 6, 2012 at 11:37 am

<3 the last pic and I agree on the Nath!

Crazy Indian Bride September 6, 2012 at 11:59 am

love the picture where your looking at the ring!! so cute.

its so true that a bride looks complete with a nath!

rids September 6, 2012 at 12:30 pm

u look amazing ! i loved all d pics u hv posted
rids recently posted..GUEST POST:Get the Look:1920s Opulence in ‘The Great Gatsby’My Profile

shweta September 6, 2012 at 12:42 pm

beautiful!!i wanted to wear a nath but the boy was like noooooooo!!!so i dint … n plus i spent the entire day getting married twice…once in punjabi style and second in gujju style!so in a way its good coz a nath really doesnt go well with gujju sari…i was laughing when i saw tht photo of u chking out ur ring… before i read the description i thot u were sorta taking a lil nap..!!lol

happygoluckygal September 6, 2012 at 1:32 pm

Pictures are so adorable mehak.. but the funniest is that u checking out your ring, yep..even i did forget that it was my wedding on “my wedding” too.. youn know, may be we are so self obsessed..sigh..!!:) and I totally agree with PML, esp, after so much of fun, we sometimes ends up thinking its been ages after marriage but trust me, after few years all these fun will just flash as yesterday’s activity. And may be thats LIFE:):)
happygoluckygal recently posted..Yet Another Award :):)My Profile

kirti September 6, 2012 at 2:13 pm

u look lovely n adoreable mehak..
loved all the pics specially last one…
n thanks to u, i got my wedding lehenga from frontier only..
big thanks to u n ur so helpful posts.. <3

Dolon September 6, 2012 at 2:23 pm

Lovely post and lovely pics Mehak…loved yr lehenga
Dolon recently posted..Hair Care Rules and How Bad is it To Break Them?My Profile

CSP Ballal September 6, 2012 at 3:31 pm

nice post……..:).. you make a perfect bride….

san September 7, 2012 at 1:18 am

I love these pics….they take me back 10 years to my own wedding…u made him wait 15 mins,but in our case the priest was delayed by an hourn half and i was so nervous at getting married i didnt even know it was that late :-),that entire day was over so soon after planning for 6 months!!! You look beautiful in all the pictures-post a few of ur flat too.

Karishma September 7, 2012 at 2:30 am

Stunning photographs! The one in which you both are looking at each other is just lovely!!
And obviously since you mentioned ‘not putting up more photographs for privacy’s sake’, it made me want to see more of your wedding pics. :D
Karishma recently posted..Snap Bazaar- Product Haul!My Profile

sakhi September 7, 2012 at 2:52 pm

Breathtakingly Beautiful…
sakhi recently posted..Just a thoughtMy Profile

Prerna September 8, 2012 at 12:02 am

Love the pic in wich you r luking at ur ring, U look gorgeous in that.
Prerna recently posted..Vaseline Healthy White Skin Lightening Body Milk ReviewMy Profile

Bhumika September 8, 2012 at 1:52 am

lovely pics.. :)
Bhumika recently posted..Wedges and HeelsMy Profile

Neha Sharma September 8, 2012 at 5:32 am

Mehak can you please share more pics of your engagement.. I can’t get enough of you in that look!!!

Marathi Weddings September 8, 2012 at 12:28 pm

You look superb!! I agree with whatever you said about hiring a photographer. I have seen so many people paying a hefty amount just for making travel and stay arrangements for the photographer even in cities like Mumbai & Delhi (Like there is no good photographer left in the town!).

I wish you could keep posting about your wedding forever. Love your wedding posts!
Marathi Weddings recently posted..Honeymoon Destination – Check!My Profile

jyoti September 8, 2012 at 4:53 pm

Loved the pic Mehak. The prince waiting for his princess does look royal ;) and the last pic is really sweet. :) Best wishes to you both again. :)
jyoti recently posted..ETM Sale! 8th-Sept-2012My Profile

Gwen @ Makeup Toys September 8, 2012 at 5:07 pm

you look really lovely in the last photo! May you 2 be always so in love for a long time to come! Also, love your jewels! So beautiful!
Gwen @ Makeup Toys recently posted..3 Must Know Tips to Start A Makeup Artist CareerMy Profile

thevowsandbeyond September 9, 2012 at 9:42 am

LOVE all your pics!!! For all that your photographer was not a candid one, he seems to have captured some pretty awesome shots! I’m glad it all worked out well… It’s going to be a tough one deciding which ones to frame! You look gorgeous in all the pics <3
thevowsandbeyond recently posted..Home & HearthMy Profile

Gayatri September 10, 2012 at 11:48 am

Hey ! You look gorgeous in these pics :) I had a quick question about parlours.. Do you think I should get someone from Delhi ( I’m getting married in dehradun)??? Do you think it will be worth the extra money for their travel/ accommodation ?? Or would you by any chance know a good parlour in ddun ???

mehak September 10, 2012 at 1:41 pm

Hi Gayatri no clue about ddun hun. But yes if its someone affordable you might want to get them to ddun, since the travel isnt that expensive.

Gayatri September 10, 2012 at 10:44 pm

I think you are absolutely right! I mean a good make up is what we all really want.. Right? Would you happen to know some good parlours in Delhi?? ( affordable with no transport issues)

IsmiDiva September 10, 2012 at 9:32 pm

Mehak, would love for you to check my wedding pictures :)
IsmiDiva recently posted..*My Wedding Pictures*My Profile

Deepalee September 19, 2012 at 2:10 pm

Hi Mehak, I am a silent follower of ur blog. I make sure to check site during office hours also.. :D I need ur help.. My wedding is in december but d prob is to find a gud makeup artist as m working in Bangalore and the wedding ll b in Agra.. Can u help in finding a gud bridal makeup artist in Agra??

nidhi September 20, 2012 at 3:12 pm

plzzzzz suggest the best beauty parlour in north and west delhi….

sohan singh November 7, 2012 at 3:30 pm

I am wedding photo & videographer, kindly let us know your requirement.

Kia September 27, 2012 at 4:49 am

Gorgeous photos! Thanks for sharing! =)

Priyanka November 16, 2012 at 5:19 pm

Hi Mehak,

You look GORGEOUS in your lehenga!! :)
I am getting married in Feb’13, and have already selected my lehenga [did not know about Frontier then - would have definitely loved to get a choice of the kind u r wearing :( ].. how much did your lehenga cost btw?? Just curious – I got mine – thinking of getting it cancelled to get something more creative. Mine is a typical lehenga – the bottom of the pyramid ones types.. I did not want to splurge on a lehenga.. and I stuck to that decision while buying one… and my dad is not that patient.. so we picked up the 3rd/4th lehenga that we liked! :]
AGAIN, BEAUTIFUL pics!! :)
congrats! :)

mehak November 16, 2012 at 10:50 pm

Its about 95K… :)

mehak November 16, 2012 at 10:52 pm

And thank you soo much!! You should have hired my shopping service ! Wouldv told you a ton of in budget places!

Kusum September 18, 2013 at 1:57 am

Hie mehak, just gone threw ur website it is amazing and very helpful. My wedding is in first week of feb 2014 , can u suggest me Some shops where i can purchase the Bridal Lehenga. Budget is Max

Sherr November 24, 2013 at 3:25 am

Hey Mehak! :)

I have been researching about this one topic for so long but I can’t find much.. hopefully you can help. Any ideas for bride’s entrance .. I am kind of over with the phoolon ki chaadar concept.. any unique ideas that you perhaps came across?
I have seen- bride entering in a palki or doli kind of a thing
-dancing her way in with friends and fam
and of course the traditional phoolon ki chadar or some other chadar

anything else? :P

mehak November 24, 2013 at 10:15 am

Hi sheryl…those are about the same ones iv seen as well.
i have seen the bride just walking down with her dad like christian weddings…or if yr doing it in an open area- iv also seen the bride coming in a carriage over an elephant..haha !

Sherr December 15, 2013 at 8:59 pm

Thanks Mehak :) my function is indoors, I guess Elephant would be a good idea then hahahah ! definitely something different :P !! kiddin :P