Have you ever felt guilty about a makeup purchase?

by Mehak Shahani on September 28, 2012

in Beauty Banter, Features

Yes a ton of times! Specially those times when i buy something only because of  ’ I think i can review it on the blog’ . But iv gotten a lot smarter over time and kind of limit my purchases to a specific budget!

PS: Experimenting with the banner- dont be surprised if you see diff ones every time ! Ha !

Giggle girlie September 28, 2012 at 11:25 pm

Yes!but thankfully it was not very expensive so I don’t feel that bad. Milani cosmetics came out with their baked eyeshadow & there was so much hype around it on twitter that I went ahead and bought it the day it came in nearby drugstore! It’s been months & months and I haven’t used it yet!!!
So yes one needs to be wise enough to overcome all the hype around products!:)

StrawberryPulp September 28, 2012 at 11:36 pm

Makeup- no…
But had splurged on Creme de la Mer once- and felt guilty until the pot was exhausted!

Strawberry Pulp recently posted Weekend wedding planning update 3

IsmiDiva September 29, 2012 at 1:26 am

hey! I heard a lot about Creme de La Mer and I am thinking of buying it.. do you recommend it?

StrawberryPulp September 29, 2012 at 7:46 am

It suited my skin and was very good for me, but just too expensive. I switched to Lush Gorgeous after that and got almost similar results for much less expense. But to be fair, Creme de la Mer made my skin look the best it ever did. However, a lot depends on whether it suits your skin or not- I have heard some people brak out with it, my skin tends towards dry, so that wasn’t an issue.

IsmiDiva September 29, 2012 at 8:13 am

oh alright thanks! And yea it is pretty expensive.. m thinking of buying it from amazon or ebay.

Sandhya September 28, 2012 at 11:41 pm

Yes, a lot of times. especially when the color doesnt work on you. Recently I got mac see sheer and mac cosmo. see sheer is pretty good on my lips, esp in sunshine. Cosmo, I am not sure if its my car’s vanity mirror or just my lips. It looks good in my bathroom mirror and bad in the car. I was feeling so guilty and kinda disappointed, because every blog talks about cosmo being the best for Indian lips, and there was this instance when it looked awful on me. I wish they had personal shoppers for lipsticks. The store lights are so deceiving.

StrawberryPulp September 28, 2012 at 11:42 pm

And only one makeup buy made me feel guilty – a recent splurge at MAC to adhere to Chandni Singh’s list- maybe because I got so many items that I normally wouldn’t apply during my morning dash to work – but hopefully will be able to master.

Strawberry Pulp recently posted Silly Sayings

azra September 28, 2012 at 11:44 pm

yes and most recent two r lakme absolute matt lipstick (da one whch cmes in tik-tik droper like pen) in day rose shade its a horible shade n aweful texture… Looks like the white sunscreen coating cricketor do while playin ;)
next is street wear (revlon) blush in peachy shade whch is actuly apricot sheen + silver chunky sparkle= aweful= any 50bucks type cheap blush! Total disapointment!

azra September 28, 2012 at 11:52 pm

over tym i have grown smarter and stick to wt i realy need and test every product on the questn dt m i realy gona use it?
N i do stick to my budget

Chris September 29, 2012 at 12:11 am

My makeup artist career is not pulling in much cash, so I do feel a little guilty about buying makeup. I tried to get UD Naked on Ebay for $32, but After I hit “Buy Now”, I started to think that maybe I should hold off on getting it. I need the money more than I needed neutral eyeshadows. Luckily, the seller cancelled the transaction, so I felt a lot better about that.

I’ve taken money relatives have given me for school/bills, etc and used it to buy makeup, and I felt really really guilty about that.

Harman September 29, 2012 at 12:21 am

Every single time I but stuff that I dont see myself using too often! Extremely guilty..

shruti September 29, 2012 at 12:30 am

Everytime I buy a lipstick, I feel really disappointed. Somehow, every shade looks a generic pink on me lately. Especially the MAC ones. I am not buying lipsticks for a while now. Back to my natural Burt’s bees lip balm.

Shang J. September 29, 2012 at 12:46 am

Loads and loads of time. Recently I have been feeling guilty over hoarding more and more makeup, since I know I am getting married and moving and won’t be able to take everything along, but still that doesn’t stop me from being dazzled by anything new I see. :/

Shang J. September 29, 2012 at 12:47 am

P.S. I love your original beauty banter banner. It goes with your entire blog theme. Something good has to come out of all this experimentation or my heart is set haha.

mehak September 29, 2012 at 8:56 am

Yup i like that one better too!!! But trying to see if i can better that!

philamazan September 29, 2012 at 3:09 am

hehe so far ,….no :P

Dolon September 29, 2012 at 3:21 am

Same here Phil :)

Frances September 29, 2012 at 10:56 am

Oh God, yes. I’m making a distinction between guilt and regret.

I feel guilt over buying that delectable Cle de Peau Extra Rich lipstick in deep, dark red but Mother of God, that colour looks FABLISS on me! I knew it was a frivolous purchase and that the money could have been spent more productively elsewhere, but I enjoy it all the same.

I regret letting my frenemy talk me into buying MUFE HD foundation in a shade that was too dark for me. It was a waste of money, AND I don’t enjoy it one bit.

Frances September 29, 2012 at 11:00 am

AUGH! Not comment moderation!

“You can check out any time you want but
You can ne-ver leeeave…
Welcome to Mehak’s Moderation Chamber,
Such a scary place (such a scary place)
But the jailer has the prettiest face, oh-oh”

Hotel California ain’t got nuttin’ on me. I always write such long, grandmother stories on your blog.

Shikha September 29, 2012 at 11:19 am

YES, a lot due to impulsive buying – Revlon love her madly body lotion, few oriflame products (in pictures they look amazing), nail paints, lipper seeing some one wearing however doesn’t suits me at all, UD eye shadows which I have never used (guilt that I spend so much on it , but I still love them). I just cant resist myself from buying at time (I want to change that habit)

komal September 29, 2012 at 11:45 am

Yeah did it a couple of time:P

Preetha September 29, 2012 at 12:43 pm

so many times..i jus buy coz i get too tempted n am so greedy for makeup..but then it jus lies in my drawer..:(..

Richa Saxena September 29, 2012 at 2:04 pm

ohh Number of Times..But the guilt doesn’t stays for too long..hehehe….

FAHEE September 29, 2012 at 4:31 pm

hell yeah..everytime i order foundations online hoping it will suit me and when i find it either too light or dark for me..i have around 5 bottles of foundation untouches in my vanity drawer at every point of time;((

saloni May 21, 2013 at 1:04 pm

yes i purchsed revlon touch and glow compact ivory fair it was dark for my skin tone and is kept unused in my case……….. wana kill that SA as she refuse to take it back.