Lakme Eyeconic Kajal
Guest Review by Rima
Like most of you I was totally excited to learn that Lakme is launching an Eyeconic range of eye products. The first thought that had struck me was …so Lakme and Maybelline are competing huh!! *wicked smile*.I have been using the Colossal Kajal and I have loved it, but i thought i should experiment with Lakme’s answer with the Eyeconic Kajal!
- 10 Hr
- No Smudge
- Dermatologically Tested
Very nice packaging! I love the turquoise and black combination. The kajal is a retractable twist up pencil, with a fitted cap. It can fit all purses and is easy to use when you are travelling.
The first thing that I noticed was that the Lakme Eyeconic Kajal is that it is indeed black but it is not a deep rich black colour. I feel its dark black with a bit of cool undertones. It has good pigmentation, but for a perfect black look you need to apply minimum of two swipes. I had asked the SA two show me the Lakme Absolute kohl along with this, she put a single swipe of both the products and I realized that the Absolute Kohl is much darker and softer than this. It is soft but not that creamy, probably because it is supposed to be smudge proof. Yes, it is smudge proof. I have worn it for a max of 8hrs and it stayed intact on my upper lash line with a very slight fading around the outer corner. On my lower lash line it stays for around 4 hrs after which it does budge a little. So its claim of a 10hr can be true but only on the upper lash line. I haven’t used it on my waterline.
It is waterproof. I washed my face with a foaming cleanser that day and still saw the kajal (slightly faded ) there on my eyes. But plain water just doesn’t seem to effect at all and the kajal remains intact .
I have actually taken almost 7-8 mins yesterday to remove the kajal from my lower lash line completely with the help of a makeup remover, so you can understand very well that once the kajal sets in,it is difficult to remove.
What I LIKE about Lakme Eyeconic Kajal
- Not expensive. It will be a hit among the young girls.
- Packaging is oh-so-good.
- Retractable twist up pencil.
- Soft and glides easily.
- Good pigmentation.
- Didn’t sting.
- Dermatologically tested.
What I DISLIKE about Lakme Eyeconic Kajal
- Not deep rich darkest black. I find the Maybelline one darker than this.
- You cannot create a smokey look with this pencil (no, I am not complaining girls, its just if I want a smokey look I need to use a different pencil ).
- Takes a long time to remove, even with a eye makeup remover. Though there is a mention of removing it with the Lakme Absolute Bi-Phased Makeup Remover, I haven’t used that so I don’t know how differently will that work. But does one really need to buy a separate makeup remover for the sake one single kajal removal?? L
- Not a full 10 Hr stay, as it fades slightly.
Overall Rating: A-
Final Verdict: The Lakme Eyeconic Kajal is no doubt a good Kajal on a budget. Its long lasting, soft and smooth to apply , but it isnt the blackest of black kajals.
Follow peachesandblush on Instagram.