P & B Real Brides: Meet the Indore Bride with a Weighty Issue – Neha!

by mehak on September 29, 2012

in Bridal Blog, Real Brides

Meet Neha

Neha was one of the first brides to write to me, and once i read the write up, i knew i HAD to feature her. Its not often that someone opens up and talks about their vulnerabilities and insecurities the way Neha did. Hear Neha’s story.A girl currently living in Houston who recently got married to the love of her life. She talks about her slight weight gain, her experiences at her wedding and a ton of tips for Healthier brides.

Marriage: Love Marriage

How we met: Our story is written by Karan Johar we met and separated (when we were in 5th class) and then met became best of friends (in 9th) and then separated (in 10th) and then met again in (11thand 12th) and separated (after school) and then finally we met again (after our graduation) to never separate (that was cheesy). So it all started when we were 10 years old in class 5th. Fortunately both of our parents forgot to pick us up after school, so while we were waiting on them he read my face and surprisingly brought me a pastry and therefore ofcourse he was my first crush.  After that we never met o talked and thendestiny brought us together again in May 2007 when we met again online and we started having overnight conversations and teasing fights and finally after finishing our higher studies from US and working for 1 year we got married in Feb 2012 in a resort close to Indore MP India. Currently we both are working and living in Houston.

My Wedding Story: Being a Healthy Bride in India

As I was working in the food lab as a quality assurance manager,  I was not allowed bring my own food but we were provided the food from my company which of course was unhealthy most of the times and that caused me to gain 25 pounds weight although I was hitting Gym everyday but the diet part was all messed up.  I tried really hard to lose some weight but not too much. Therefore I did my shopping keeping my body shape in mind but I was reminded that a little too much when I was in India for my shopping. Every sales person would tell me- “ Mam ye aapko nahi aayega apke size me available nahi hai” .Eeally u don’t have any unstiched lehnga for me coz I won’t fit into it? Although I am a very strong and confident girl but as I was  pinpointed so many times on my weight I cried several times on the shops but somehow I maintained my poise and decided no matter how I will make it work for my dream. These are the things that I would suggest to brides of my body shape…

1. If you are heavier on the top part of your body choose a corset pattern blouse to cover any extra bump ( like I wore on my Engagement)
  2. If you are heavier on your  belly area, avoid wearing your lehnga in the center of your belly, instead tie it a little higher at the shortest part of your waist this will cover your belly fat and also if you have small legs it will give you  an illusion of having longer legs and a good height in general.
  3. If you are over all heavier opt for a corset style blouse and wear your lehnga right where your corset ends and try to have a tighter fitting till top of your things and then you can have huge poof this will give a longer and lean look
  4. If your concern is your arms try not to wear short sleeves blouse instead opt for a ¾ or a full sleeves it will not highlight your heavy arms instead a full length sleeves will give an illusion of longer arms

Wedding Day Mishaps

-          So this can only happen with me, u know how they say something or the other would go wrong on your D-day well, for me  there way too many of those. So zips of all of my 6 blouse decided to take the day off on the respective days when they were supposed to work. So my aunt and cousin had to sew it manually for me

-          Do you think that was not too bad, listen to this, the day all the events started I woke up with my chest and belly filled with pus rashes because of the allergy caused by body wax or spa and I can’t take any allergic meds otherwise I would be drowsy the whole day and I had to wear those blinged up blouses and heavy jewelry

-          And if all that was not enough, I had 1 more bad memory of that day which later turned into a great one. You know how every girl dreams of that one day where she will be the princes/ bridezilla, and will be pampered and loved and basically the most important person. Well for me the reality was way south from that dream. No one I repeat “no one” complimented me on my wedding day that I am looking beautiful…Except ofcourse my husband. Who held my hand while I was babbling about how everything went wrong that day and told me shut up and said u r the most beautiful women I have ever seen and I’m in love with u again… and trust me that look in his eyes will stay with me forever it was so pure. And I closed my eyes and only enjoyed the moment as I was with him and my family and friends and hence I have all my pic with my biggest smile trust me that is not fake.

OUTFITS

Engagement Outfit: 60K

Yellow and red puffy lehnga from Millionaire Bombay (20K) I just wanted something yellow and accidently I saw this lehnga in millionaire asked its prices and I fell in love with it Some good places to Start your hunt as all of these stores have a good online collection just to get the feel

Pista Green and Maroon Wedding Lehenga from Frontier Raas (1.5 L approx)

One thing i would have done differently: Chosen a half up half down hairstyle for the weddin for a younger look

Some good places to Start your hunt as all of these stores have a good online collection just to get the feel :

MUMBAI: KIMAYA, Millionaire Bombay, Seasons India, Aishwarya design studio, Barcode91Kalkisarees, &Vasansisarees.

Delhi: Aza, Frontier bazar, Chabra 555( for small event outfits), and rest Mehak knows better

Jewellery: Exclusively.in mostly, art karat, sonoor (you can check out the collection online for all of the stores I have Mentioned. And Santacruz Bombay from  sajni jewelery.

Make-up artist – Shruti Bajpai from Indore her fb page is Shruti Bajpai Makeovers, She has done Pune Lakhme Fashion week and some celebrity cover shoots. .  She has packages according to what company you would like to use for example her Mac package is 4000K but Chanel, Dior, YSL product package it 15K. but in the end for me it was around 20 K

Photographer: Alif Studio Indore (affordable and not too bad ), some other good ones are Dev’s photography, Arts Royale.

StrawberryPulp September 29, 2012 at 11:15 pm

Neha.. You looked lovely during the wedding- your makeup was fabulous … And I also love the yellow lehenga- it made you look so pretty. Sales persons in India are often crass and silly, so you really shouldn’t bother..all the very best for a very happy married life after such a sweet love story!

Strawberry Pulp recently posted Superstitious Sayings

Neha Sharma October 3, 2012 at 4:36 am

Hey gal thanks a lot.. I really appreciate ur opinion …I love my yellow lehnga too it changed my life forever!! Hehe I was Mrs for the first time in that..thanks for liking that dear

Harman September 29, 2012 at 11:34 pm

It is really nice how you discussed everything :) Congratulations and you look lovely and glowing :)
Harman recently posted..Outfit of the day- Maroon capris!My Profile

Neha Sharma October 4, 2012 at 6:25 am

Thanks a lot Harman..

Urmi September 29, 2012 at 11:36 pm

Hey Neha…
You look absolutely beautiful in that wedding lehenga of yours… love the close up… love the smile!I also like the yellow lehenga…
And lovely love story… makes me envious :P

Neha Sharma October 4, 2012 at 6:28 am

Hahaha don’t need to be dear I’m sure everyone has their own and every love story is beautiful in its own way and I pray that urs is even more lovely than mine… :) Thanks for ur lovely comments dear!!

Gunjan September 29, 2012 at 11:40 pm

I find it hard to believe that nobody complimented you. Trust me, you looked awesome!!!!! I love your wedding lehenga. :-)

Neha Sharma October 4, 2012 at 6:29 am

I know Gunjan but no one did trust me.. may be everyone was too busy!! But got a lot of compliments on pics… Thanks a lot for ur awsome words!!

Dolon September 29, 2012 at 11:42 pm

U looked lovely! and you got the compliment from the most important person in yr life!..why care about the rest right?? Loved reading about you…wish you a happy married life :)
Dolon recently posted..Mini Giveaway – Win a Maybelline Color Tattoo 24 Hr EyeshadowMy Profile

Neha Sharma October 4, 2012 at 6:30 am

Thanks a lot Dolon u r very sweet..yes he love me in my worst loooking days and thats all that matters!!

Pooja@IBC September 29, 2012 at 11:46 pm

Neha, its high time you got your share of compliments :D first off, you look really radiant in your bridal lehenga, the sepia toned pic with you peering through your veil/dupatta, you look utterly gorgeous there.
Your Red & Yellow lehenga looks amazing on you and trust me,in that pic you look like you have just stepped out of a Raja Ravi Verma painting…
you are a strong & beautiful girl with a great life ahead of you, 6 snapped off blouse zips or allergies can’t pull you down.So kudos for rocking at your own wedding and here’s wishing you a very long & happy married life :)
Pooja@IBC recently posted..Sleek pout polish Scandal Tinted lip conditioner Review,lip swatchMy Profile

Neha Sharma October 4, 2012 at 6:32 am

Pooja…I don’t even know what to say u r very sweet and just thanks a lot!! :)

Gunjan September 29, 2012 at 11:46 pm

Also, it would be great it you could share one of your standing pics, just to have a better look at your gorgeous lehenga!

mehak September 30, 2012 at 12:20 am

she did send me one of those pics but hsving problem uploading it.

Gunjan September 30, 2012 at 12:22 am

Oops!!!! Our bad luck! :-(

Neha Sharma October 4, 2012 at 6:34 am

Gunjan if u want it for some inspiration I can email it to you!!

Sakshi September 30, 2012 at 12:00 am

Trust me you are cutest bride i ever saw in my life and you looking gorgeous…

Neha October 4, 2012 at 6:36 am

Sakshi u made up for everything by saying that..i am greatful..thanks a lot dear

M September 30, 2012 at 12:39 am

Neha…u may not have had a dream wedding day…but u’ve got a dream love…this is what true love is…cherish it..congrats…and happy married life… :) and I love ur mehendi and jewellery, and ur smile in that second pic ! radiant ! :)

Neha October 4, 2012 at 6:36 am

Thanks a lot M… I am glad u like it :)

Chunchun September 30, 2012 at 12:40 am

Hey Neha,

I almost re lived my wedding in your post.. I have weight issues too because of PCOS and I remember nobody complimenting me on my wedding or any other function other than my own family. Also the boy’s side was more critical because of the cultural difference and maybe I really couldn’t carry off the Kanjeevaram wedding saree at ease as south Indians do!!

However I really salute your spirit. You sure had a tough time but all is well that ends well..
Love

Neha October 4, 2012 at 6:40 am

Chunchun, I can totally get you..but luckily my in laws are very sweet I’m sure they liked me but were very caught up with the guests and other stuff.. but u know no matter how confident and beautiful u r ..u want to hear it again and again..coz thats how dreamt ur D day!!! But u know in the end what matters is being with ur love, ur family and friends!!

supriya October 25, 2012 at 8:31 pm

i wonder if all indian weddings are more or less shitty, havent met too many girls who said they loved their weddings. i didnt receive any compliments from the boy’s side throughout and that was because i did a reasonable priced wedding without wearing gold by the truck loads and my MIL wore more gold than me and had a saree that was twice the cost of my saree… so my wedding pretty much sucked.
supriya recently posted..Kryolan HaulMy Profile

Chunchun September 30, 2012 at 12:43 am

Also I would like to add that your wedding outfit is just the best I have seen on Peaches and Blush or any other blog for that matter.. It looks Class!!

Neha October 4, 2012 at 6:41 am

Hahahaha that was very very very kind of u dear..I am sure u must a beautiful bride too!!! :)

seraphicgirl September 30, 2012 at 2:42 am

I wonder why no one gave you a compliment! Maybe they thought that you must’ve heard it from someone else-you know the silly things we do-like not to give someone a compliment thinking-”ahh others must’ve said it and she must have heard it a million times-it’ll mean nothing to her” ?

You do look lovely and I guess you know, but I’ll still say it, yours is a true love story with the quintessential dream guy! Congratulations Stunner!

Neha October 4, 2012 at 6:42 am

Thanks a lot dear…. Yes indeed I am so lucky to have him!! :)

Mrinalini September 30, 2012 at 2:54 am

Neha, you look gorgeous..and I love your yellow lehenga and your honesty! I think alot of us have gone through/are going through the same thing. What matters is your husband…and how he seems like such a wonderful person! As long as you felt like a princess..nothing else matters! To hell with the rest :)

Neha October 4, 2012 at 6:43 am

Yepp Thanks a lot I loved my yellw lehnga too..

IsmiDiva September 30, 2012 at 6:33 am

aww, you look beautiful! I love the yellow and red lehenga.. I think I have seen it in a movie or somewhere! And girl, you look absolutely stunning and gorgeous in your wedding dress..!! :) god bless you and your husband!
IsmiDiva recently posted..You Glow, Girl!My Profile

Neha October 4, 2012 at 6:44 am

Thanks for ur wishes IsmiDiva… Yes I think it was in some Sony show …also if u like a similar its available on Barcode91.com

akhila September 30, 2012 at 7:39 am

Wow, you are such a brave girl …. rashes and allergies on the d-day ??? zips not fitting ??? no compliments at alll ??? I cannot imagine and never heard any story like this so far …. OMG, had it been me, I would have created personalized Tsunami for everyone on that day …. you have great poise, patience and peace above all …. You are a heavy metal rocking bride !!! God bless the both of you :)

Neha October 4, 2012 at 6:46 am

Thanks a lot Akhila yes all this happened to me but a huge thanks to my aunt who sew it for me wearing the blouse… and after 2 blouses failed to zip I was carrying a needle and a thread with me..haha

thevowsandbeyond September 30, 2012 at 8:18 am

Neha – you look absolutely radiant!!!! I absolutely ADORE all your looks!! Esp the yellow one!! Im looking for something similar for my Mehendi. Do you know if that store is in Delhi?
Also looooove the wedding lehenga – u look like a fairy!!!
thevowsandbeyond recently posted..Toasts?My Profile

Neha October 4, 2012 at 6:48 am

No Dear I do not think Millionaire Bombay is there in Delhi but u can check out barcode91 they have a same one..and u can return it if u do not like it I assume..

Frances September 30, 2012 at 9:02 am

I worry a bit that this will come off as insincere, but I’ll say it anyway. You looked beautiful. Not beautifully dressed, not beautifully made-up (although you were both those things), but radiantly, joyously pretty. Weddings are so big, it’s easy to get carried away with the pageantry and the clothes and the lights and the music, that we forget it’s really about two people joining their hands and joining their hearts and building a life together. You and your husband know that, and you guys are going to be amazing together!

From a purely material point of view: Dude, you looked AMAZING! That has to be my favourite Real Brides lehenga ever! And the way you tailored the skirts on the yellow and pink lehengas is great, I’m stealing that.

Neha October 4, 2012 at 6:51 am

Hahha sure Frances… U can. Thanks for such a huge compliment thanks for liking me as a bride!! U know i never tried on my clothes as I ordered them online and I received then 4 days before the yellow and the pink one and they were loose as I lost some weight in 2 months since I ordered it.. but it ended up looking really good!!

Neha October 4, 2012 at 6:52 am

Hehe sure Frances… U can. Thanks for such a huge compliment thanks for liking me as a bride!! U know i never tried on my clothes as I ordered them online and I received then 4 days before the yellow and the pink one and they were loose as I lost some weight in 2 months since I ordered it.. but it ended up looking really good!!

ramya September 30, 2012 at 9:29 am

You look so beautiful Neha!and the photographs too
ramya recently posted..Tip Of The Day:3My Profile

Neha October 4, 2012 at 6:52 am

Thanks Ramya!!

Smriti Kaur September 30, 2012 at 10:28 am

Neha You r soo cute! I loved ur yellow lehanga and even ur wedding pics are great! Have a happy life ahead :)

Neha October 4, 2012 at 6:52 am

Thanks Smriti u r very very sweet.

Crazy Indian Bride September 30, 2012 at 11:31 am

OMG! u look so cute!

its really hard to believe that you didn’t get compliments!

Your looking so delicate and pretty in the yellow lehengha! the picture has you looking as the perfect shy Indian Bride.

Love your wedding color combination, very unique.

@Mehek wish we could see the full length pic, would have loved to see it!
Crazy Indian Bride recently posted..Trousseau BagsMy Profile

Neha October 4, 2012 at 6:54 am

Thanks a lot dear!!Sure if u want to see I will email u the pic as Mehek is having trouble uploading it!!!

Crazy Indian Bride October 9, 2012 at 8:00 pm

ooh please do! at crazyindianwedding@gmail.com

would love to see the whole look! I am on the heavier side to and your draping looks nice, would love to see the full look!
Crazy Indian Bride recently posted..Diet : Are you still on it?My Profile

Neha October 11, 2012 at 7:33 am

Hahah no not anymore but trying to as I have gained after marrige. I am sending it to juss now

Heena September 30, 2012 at 11:36 am

I find it nearly IMPOSSIBLE 2 BELIEVE dat no 1 complemented u on ur wedding day.. I mean just look at yourself, From which angle u aren’t looking good?? U look mesmerizing! Specially ur b’ful smile, which is always in style!

But in truest terms, ur wedding was a WEDDING when ur husband held ur hand n u saw love in each other’s eyes! This is Wedding :)

LOadza loadza love n hugs to YoU >:D<

May God bless u wid lots n lots of smiles n Peace! :D

Neha October 4, 2012 at 6:55 am

Ahhhhhh Heena u made me cry thanks a lot sweety…Hugs back to you!! and Thanks for ur sweet compliments..

bnann September 30, 2012 at 12:57 pm

A really beautiful bride.
Ia m just chipping in to let you know that there are “non-drowsy” anti-allergy medications out there!
Although hope no one needs them on their wedding day.

Neha October 4, 2012 at 6:57 am

Yepp I was aware of that as my father in law is a doctor he suggested that but I just did not want anything to go wrong so I only was applying some lotions and stuff instead to taking anything!! Thanks a lot dear for ur words!!

Shikha September 30, 2012 at 1:39 pm

You look like princess. I would have cried all the way till stage with all these things going wrong. You are a very brave.
No other compliment from anyone would have been that special what boy said to you. It was just a happy ending to KJ style movie. Wish you a very happy married life!!
Shikha recently posted..Rainbow- Nail ArtMy Profile

Neha October 4, 2012 at 6:58 am

Thanks a lot Shikha..haha that KJo thing was very cheesy but I get that a lot when I tell our story to anyone so I used it here… :)

jyoti September 30, 2012 at 3:04 pm

You look so cute Neha. n ur hearty smile is so touching. No doubt u were the happiest bride day! :)
I loved the yellow and red lehenga so so much!!! <3
jyoti recently posted..Maybelline Color Tattoo 24 Hour Cream Eye shadow in #25 ‘Bad to the Bronze’: Swatch, Review & EOTDMy Profile

Neha October 4, 2012 at 6:59 am

Thanks a lot Jyoti!!

Aparajita September 30, 2012 at 5:17 pm

I absolutely love all the three dresses…you look beautiful in the wedding lehenga…
most salesman are insensitive fools…so don’t even bother yourself about their behavior…
and compliment or no compliment…it doesn’t change the fact that you looked absolutely radiant and beautiful

Neha October 4, 2012 at 7:00 am

Aparajita thanks dear…

Gwen @ Makeup Toys September 30, 2012 at 7:52 pm

You can only be truly healthy if your mind and body is. I think there is nothing wrong being big as long as you keep fit and as long as you are happy, nothing else matters. I’m not slim like more Singaporean girls are and it is really tough shopping but I have learnt to pick whats good and decent for me. It takes awhile but its all worth it. We only live once and happiness is more important than anything. I’m glad you have found yours! Congrats on your wedding and have many many blessed moments ahead!
Gwen @ Makeup Toys recently posted..Work: URBAN September 21st Issue 2012My Profile

Neha October 4, 2012 at 7:01 am

Thanks Gwen… yes indeed thats wats I have learned nothing shines brighter than a true smile and inner beauty

Divya Sharma September 30, 2012 at 9:10 pm

Its hard to believe that no one complimented you Neha… let me make it up to you for all those ppl… You made one the mostttt Gorgeous brides everrr..you are radiating in all the photos and I am sure it was multiplied by 10 in person. :)) You are a very brave girl.. stay that ways !

Neha October 4, 2012 at 7:02 am

Thanks Divya for liking…

Maitri September 30, 2012 at 11:14 pm

You look so radiant, really happy and at peace, loved your wedding lehenga, way to go girl :)
Maitri recently posted..Maybelline Express Finish 40 Second Nail Color KhakiMy Profile

Neha October 4, 2012 at 7:03 am

Maitri..thanks for the appreciation dear

Richa Saxena September 30, 2012 at 11:33 pm

Hi Neha..Its hard to believe no one complimented.. Your looking absolutely gorgeous & loved your wedding lehenga…And I really admire the way you have put down all the tips for healthy brides…Congratulations on your wedding!
Richa Saxena recently posted..Fashion Segments: Mughda Ghodse in all Pastels!My Profile

Neha October 4, 2012 at 7:04 am

Thanksa Richa I want to help girls like me as I know how I felt on that shop in front of my family.. do not wan other beautiful gal to go through the same again..I am glad I can help!!

Devi October 1, 2012 at 12:19 am

You look absolutely stunning..espl tat yellow dress! Love!!

Totally understand your woes !!! Aaj kal, there is no peace for girls on the heavier side [Like me!].. I experienced very similar headaches for my wedding day…

I am a mallu, so had to wear saree.. so no escape from belly bulges!! :( And relatives, esp older ones [somehow they think they can criticize anyone anywhere anytime, so long as their hair is grey!] kept repeating – “You should ve lost weight..if you’d you would have looked good!!” ..

Not exactly a grt thing to hear on your wedding day! :(

Neha October 4, 2012 at 7:05 am

I know the feeling Devi but…U r happy and healthy and thats all that matters right!!

aditi October 1, 2012 at 10:16 am

I loved reading ur honest account of ur wedding day..u looking pretty.. :)

Neha October 4, 2012 at 7:13 am

Thanks Aditi!!

Zahra October 1, 2012 at 10:24 am

Hi Neha, great post and I seriously appreciate your honesty….. your hubby’s found a gem in you!!

Am kinda cheesed off at all those folks who did NOT compliment you on your wedding day ‘coz you really do look happy and radiantly lovely…I am serious… and like the other commenters here, I’d say the most important thing is that your man thinks you look beautiful…trust me, nothing else matters!!!!

Just so you know, I was a chubby bride (Ahem!!)…and am now a chubbier wife ;P….since ours was a traditional Kerala Christian wedding, there was no escaping sarees…. a total lard onslaught, I tell you…sigh!!

Cheers and stay happy!! :)
Zahra recently posted..Any good news??My Profile

Neha October 4, 2012 at 7:08 am

Zahra… first off I really like ur name wat does it mean?? And a big thanks to u for ur wonderful words it makes me feel I was not the only one and that there will be more brides like us so I am glad I can in help in anyway possible..

Zahra November 9, 2012 at 10:15 am

Whoaaaaa…this is late!! I’m so sorry Neha, was out of action for a while.

Ahem…well….actually, Zahra isn’t my real name…just a pen name I use. I chose that since it means ‘grace’ or ‘brilliance’ in some Middle Eastern languages…… both of which I wish I had ;D

There’s nothing even remotely glamourous about me or my name in real life I assure you!! :D (Mehak, I can hear you giggle!!)

Keep the faith Neha!
Zahra recently posted..Any good news??My Profile

Rima October 1, 2012 at 10:38 am

hey neha…u look lovely…the perfectly glowing bride.Check the pictures…wow!! i think ppl were actually dumbstruck that day and so they didnt compliment u.But the person who matters the most held ur hand and told u such nice words.What can be better than that!!the maroon lehnga…is just awesomely…superb!! :) :)

Neha October 4, 2012 at 7:08 am

Thanks a lot Rima…u r very sweet

Suwarnima October 1, 2012 at 11:26 am

Hi Neha,

For the first time i m commenting on this site jst coz u r looking stunning in your yellow lehenga, i must say u r the cutest bride i have ever seen….. best wishes for your married life
Suwarnima recently posted..Lakme Eyeconic Mascara ReviewMy Profile

Neha October 4, 2012 at 7:09 am

Swarnima… OMG thats a huge compliment for me…I am obliged thanks a lot dear… really it means a lot!!

SNM October 1, 2012 at 5:39 pm

The yellow lehenga, your makeup all that is to die for. But you know what honey… to get to marry the love of your life now that is really something

Neha October 4, 2012 at 7:10 am

SNM..u r 100% right he is reason behind that smille of mine..true love is a blessing!!

varshini October 3, 2012 at 3:39 pm

ur the pretiiest and cutest bride i have seen…loving ur lehengas…ur beautiful :)
Yellow suits u sooo welll :)
varshini recently posted..Himalaya Herbals Almond and Cucumber Peel Off Mask ReviewMy Profile

Neha October 4, 2012 at 7:11 am

Thanks a lot Varshini… yes I like Yellow too!!

Neha October 4, 2012 at 7:12 am

Mehek A HUGE THANKS to you for featuring me and letting me tell my story u r very sweet and helping!!Hugss

Bhumika October 5, 2012 at 3:17 am

Neha, u look fab girl ! Beautiful..N I loved all 3 of ur lehengas :))
Bhumika recently posted..beautyuk – paint for life weekMy Profile

Shruti Monga October 5, 2012 at 10:53 am

i just want to tell u all… that i know Neha personally…. She is my best buddy…. She is very strong n full of life… her face shines like sun… n how she had dealt with her wedding preparations…. ? i really Hats off… for her “GUT’s….. keep it up!! U look superb dear in all dresses …. n yellow lehenga…. is my fav…. so graceful…. n divine… more than that…u have million dollar smile …. n received compliments from ur hubby…. How sweet….:)) n datz made u to blush …. u r looking as beautiful as DIVA… so Three Cheers…:)) thank u for sharing suggestions… as i also have same body structure….:) Luv u n best wishes

Neha October 5, 2012 at 6:52 pm

Di…. Love u muuuaAAAHHHHH I missed u a lot that day. Anyway u r superawsome thanks for the wonderfull words…….Love u <3 <3 <3 <3

Shreya October 7, 2012 at 11:31 pm

Neha,

By the looks of the big smile m sure no1 can even guess about all those mishaps… kudos to u! facing troubles, pulling thru em and thn giving the biggest smile ever is commendable! :)

love your yellow lehenga…. a perfect choice… and ur wedding jwellery looks gorgeous!

XoXo!

supriya October 25, 2012 at 8:34 pm

btw i must tell u , i liked u in pink, you are positively radiant. (and i generally dont like pinks, but you are wearing it beautifully.) and i am sure u know in laws are not meant to praise u hahaha wink wink.. they might have been jealous.
supriya recently posted..Kryolan HaulMy Profile

poorva November 7, 2012 at 4:12 am

awww this was such a cute post :) and neha u look so so so beautiful :)
n the love of ur life loves u so much, what else does a giirl need :)
congrats n have a great life together :)
poorva recently posted..My entry for IBC’s contest :)My Profile

Monica January 5, 2013 at 7:59 pm

Neha, all the comments from these ladies here are absolutely true. You look super-cute and your wedding lehenga is absolutely beautiful. I hope all the compliments here make up for the wedding day. :) The yellow lehenga is stunning on you and it looks like it fits like a dream.

I am also the same size as you and I can’t imagine how ride these sales-people were to you. It makes me want to put them in place and teach them how to behave!

I would love to see full length pictures of all your lehengas. If its not too much trouble, please email them to me at monica.rawat@gmail.com Wishing you a fantastic married life!

Megha October 12, 2013 at 12:15 pm

HI Neha, First of all congrats and after such a lovely wirte-up of your wedding days, you deserve complements for being so confident and brave to handle such stupid but bothering issues.
You are beautiful and was looking extremely GOOD in all the awesome outfits you chose. YELLOW One and Maroon one is to die for.
I am from Indore and can truly understand but loved the fact you belonged to my place.
Take care and have a happy married life. enjoy….

M November 18, 2013 at 9:41 pm

Aww Neha, bless you for sharing your story with us and being so honest. I’m a non-Indian woman marrying an Indian guy in February and let me tell you, I am absolutely dreading shopping for clothes for the Indian wedding. I’m probably twice the size of the average Indian woman (5feet 8inches tall and a size 16), so there’s no way I’ll ever find anything off the rack in a shop. I’m sorry to hear the sales people treated you so rudely and now that makes me dread shopping in India even more!! Anyway, you look absolutely fab in your photos and your hubby sounds so sweet. Wish you lots of love and happiness.