The Lust List: Jewels & Prints

by mehak on September 23, 2012

in Features, Lust list

What is it about jewels after being married?You lust after them like a fat kid after candy ! So this months lust list is full of prints, on clothes and decor as well a generous dose of bling bling – both in jewel and makeup form. Here goes:

1.Chunky Turquoise and Gold Necklace: No idea where that piece is from but i saw this on Pinterest and fell in love! I want to wear a nude dress, or maybe a pale, blush colored one with this on top

2. Dior  Diva Diorific n Nail polish: Dior 2012 Grand Bal Holiday Collection is full of suprises ! Not only does it have these stodgy little Polish bottles but also contains some rather unique colors like this black polish with gold sparkles! Okay don’t kill me for saying this, but doing these  bottles look like cute sardar babies with  gold headgear? I wantttt this “Diva Diorific’ Polish! Its like holidays with an edge!

3.Mathhew Williamson Printed Dress:  Need. Want. Love. Im going to go and find a cheaper dupe for a dress like this! I love how its like a burst of colors like a bouquet of carnations just exploded or something! I adore the little jewelled belt and the cute flare at the bottom!

4.Amrapali Polki Jadau Jewellery; I dont care whether i will look like a bride myself wearing this, but i want it for SOME close wedding or the other ! Dont care much for the earrings, but the set is so Jodha Akbar. I think what is also a bit different here is that its not gold, and i never thought i would like this in silver but its different !

5. Printed Dining Seats: Im in love with floral printed decor, and have you noticed that you get NONE of it in India? Iv been searching everywhere and only recently on a road trip to ludhiana i found a floral printedd mirror frame that im in LOVE with it. If only i had these gorgeous sky blue chairs !!! Ahhh.

azra September 23, 2012 at 10:36 pm

wow OSUMM sunday feed…..lovd it al
btw whr to buy the Amrapali Polki Jadau Jewellery? ? ?
Need to ask smethng mre plz tel me ur mail id whr i cn write you ! :) :)

mehak September 23, 2012 at 10:56 pm

peachesandblush at gmail

komal September 23, 2012 at 10:41 pm

Me no kidding , i will kill for that polki necklace !!!

mehak September 23, 2012 at 10:57 pm

Me toooo!!! Lets go rob it from Amrapali!

Shikha September 24, 2012 at 8:52 am

I would like to join in for robbery. There is 50% discount on Vishal Jewelers on Kundan and Diamond (read in newspaper). I am after my mum to go and check out collection. I was giving her explanation that a 3 lakh set will sot 1.5 lakh :-)

Richa Saxena September 23, 2012 at 11:08 pm

The polki jewellery is absolutely gorgeous! & Loved the Dior Polish too

Pooja@IBC September 23, 2012 at 11:15 pm

The Bling on that Kundan choker- Oh my I’m bedazzled!! want it! want it!want it!

Frances September 24, 2012 at 12:01 am

1. I would totally wear that with a white dress, and peachy-gold makeup.

2. I seem to remember these bottle designs being used in their holiday coffrets. Very cute, but slightly impractical. That colour is really nice, though.

3. Have you considered getting something like this tailored? I have something very similar in a pink-green ombré chiffon, and it was dead easy to tailor.

4. Whoa, baby! That is some necklace. The pearly bit at the back is really nice. What’s the difference between polki and kundan and jadau?

5. If you manage to get The Boy to agree to those chairs, you owe it to us all to write a Husband Wrangling Manual. Those chairs are super pretty but my inner Malayalee cheapskate would never permit me to remove the plastic wrap from their cushions.

Shruti September 24, 2012 at 12:32 am

polki is uncut diamonds and kundan is a semi-precious stone usually set in lac-resin. That is why polki is much more expensive than kundan.
As far as I know, “jadau” is basically a technique of “setting-in” the stones etc. in a metal like gold/silver. That is my guess.

Peachesandblush September 24, 2012 at 9:14 am

Yeahh…actually kundan used to be a form of making jewellery- and people used to say kundan sheesha or kundan polki. The former referred to glass and other semi precious stones set in lac and gold, and te latter referred to uncut diamond set in lac and gold…but over the years, the colloquial term has become kundan for the former and polki for the latter.
Jadau is a form of ‘studding’gemstones. It comes from rajasthan where thin foils of gold are taken and stones are studded in between them..

Frances September 24, 2012 at 11:05 am

Thanks, Shruti and Mehak for the explanation. That set is super-gorgeous, especially the tassel-y bit at the back.

Shruti September 24, 2012 at 12:22 am

just ordered the most stunning earrings from amrapali! they are kundan and pearls in a very traditional design. Gotta <3 amrapali.

Shikha September 24, 2012 at 10:56 am

Luck girl, do share pics, I would love to see.

StrawberryPulp September 24, 2012 at 12:38 am

Love the turquoise jewellery and the printed floral dining table furnishings..

Strawberry Pulp recently posted Weekend wedding update 3

Sheetal September 24, 2012 at 2:20 am

Polki is a kind of Kundan jewellery that uses uncut diamonds and precious and semi precious stones.These stones have an open setting and are not covered with gold at the back. This is done some that the uncut diamonds reflect more light and sparkle.
While uncut diamonds are larger and cost less than polished fare, not everyone stocks them due to their low resale value.
Kundan work is a method of gem setting, consisting of inserting gold foil between the stones and its mount.
Jadau jewellery is also called engraved jewelry and is unique and a kind in itself. Uncut diamonds called polki or vilandi are used as the central stone . Meenakari or art work done at the back of the jewel is purely for beautifying purposes.

Frances September 24, 2012 at 9:29 pm

Thanks, Sheetal!

Dolon September 24, 2012 at 3:21 am

That polki set!!!!

thevowsandbeyond September 24, 2012 at 9:04 am

I think I now know what kind of a set I want for my wedding – you’ve just narrowed it down for me – thanks so much – this will be easier now!! <3

ramya September 24, 2012 at 12:48 pm

the jewellery is awsommmmmmmmeeeeee

Shivani September 24, 2012 at 1:23 pm

I want the first necklace!

Butterfly September 24, 2012 at 3:17 pm

But wouldn’t you agree with your BOY :P here, it does look like a crocodile, no?

mehak September 24, 2012 at 5:04 pm

haha a wee bit!

Gwen @ Makeup Toys September 24, 2012 at 8:20 pm

lovely jewellery! I think all girls must accessorize!!!

Bhumika September 25, 2012 at 3:33 am

Polki Set !!

varshini September 25, 2012 at 3:35 pm

i want that dior polish… itssss uber cute :)

Deeba September 28, 2012 at 10:26 pm

Hi Mehak,
If you want to see some good chunky neckpieces you can go for Amrita Singh’s jewellery. She has some amazing collections.