The P & B Panel Discusses: Current Favourite Everyday Lip Products

by mehak on September 29, 2012

in The Panel, Uncategorized

So the 4 of us got together on a lunch date (Read: BB Chat)  and discussed the rather burning question of which lip products we are currently loving these days!

I say “My favourites change every month, im fickle like that. But currently iv gone back to using a whole lot of Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss in Papaya . Using that everyday  , but other times when i want pink i go for Deborah Lipstick #19 . Im woefully short of good lipglosses so i definitely need more..thinking of getting those Clinique Chubby Sticks- lip balm +gloss for everyday wear.

Esha Says” Im loving this sheer, coral Chanel Lipgloss i have. Its the Chanel Brilliant Levres no.68 lipgloss, and its a gorgeous soft coral pink! Very effortlessly pretty” .

Priyam Says “Im in LOVE with Mac Taupe Lipstick for everyday. It might look like a very boring brown, and maybe on light skin tones it will look like a boring brown but i love how natural it is on my lips. I can wear it to work, it covers my pigmented lips and gives a polished natural matte effect. I also love Mac Spite Lipglass for everyday wear – its this plummy , pink brown “
 Sanjana says ” Im liking Lakme 9 to 5 Lipstick in Strawberry Margarita, which is like a My Lips But Better kind of shade for me! It accentuates the natural color of my lips.When i want a nude lip, i turn to Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss in Bronze Shimmer which i love because the shimmer doesnt spread to the rest of my face and its non sticky!”
 Other Random Conversations between the 4 drama queens after reading the Introduction post:
Sanjana:  “WOOOHOOO Im on the internet!!!”
Esha  “Omg Mehak this is so exciting, so many questiionns , & I hav so many answers. When do i start answeringg all of these?????”
Me “Soon, soon!
Priyam “Hain, i dont understand how the readers can ‘follow us’ . I mean, it not facebook or twitter or something that we can be ‘followed’ ???
Me “Üffff i meant that they can follow your recommendations”
Priyam “Oh acha, yayie!”

Ishita Ray September 29, 2012 at 1:09 pm

am following Esha… I have the exact same type of skin like hers. and complexion around MAC NC 25- 30 :D Its a gr8 feature Mahek… Love it

Dolon September 29, 2012 at 1:12 pm

I have Taupe and Spite as well and love them for everyday wear.. Great reco Priyam!

rakhshanda September 29, 2012 at 1:25 pm

Wow, this was a fun article!!! Loved reading about you guys :)

Kalyani September 29, 2012 at 1:48 pm

I’ve got a similar skin tone to you, Mehak, and I would recommend Chubby sticks! They are so nice because depending on the shade they give a subtle shimmer or a deep stain. I’ve got oversize oranges (subtle orange) and a mauve tone that is more obvious. Love them and will definitely buy more!

mehak September 29, 2012 at 2:29 pm

Ooh thanks kalyani will definitel give them a shot then..

Kalyani September 30, 2012 at 10:01 pm

:) The mauve is called “super strawberry”.

Richa Saxena September 29, 2012 at 2:11 pm

Loved the post….This is such a fun article to read…

akhila September 29, 2012 at 3:39 pm

wow, so its Mac taupe and spite. Okay, now will check out the swatches and get them soooper soon, was waiting badly for Priyam’s recos. Thanks to you for a forum like this :)

mehak September 29, 2012 at 11:09 pm

yr welcome!

Sumathi September 29, 2012 at 4:41 pm

I have Lakme 9 to 5 Lipstick in Strawberry Margarita and used to hate it till last week when I tried it again and I really liked how it looked on me.. and have been using it everyday since then :)

suna September 29, 2012 at 7:16 pm

OMG its lik priyam read my mind, i was think’n tht my first mac purchase shld be taupe since it would be a nice everyday lipstick =)
i’m so loving this panel discussions!!! *whistles*

mehak September 29, 2012 at 11:18 pm

Hehe glad u are!

Maliha September 29, 2012 at 9:27 pm

I am obsessed with the Clinique chubby sticks (super strawberry in particular). You should definitely try them, it goes extremely well with Indian skin tones plus the best thing about it (besides the fact that it is very moisturizing) is that, when it does fade away it leaves the prettiest and the most natural stain on your lips!
P.S. I am loving “The Panel” Mehak, it is a very creative and fun idea. Keep it up!

mehak September 29, 2012 at 11:08 pm

Ooh thanks Maliha,
I went to get it today but the clinque store near my house shut annoyyed!

Shivani September 29, 2012 at 10:55 pm

ramya September 30, 2012 at 9:27 am

so nice.thanks mehak for the panel.i am so confused in choosing lipstick.thank u once again.

shivangi September 30, 2012 at 10:43 am

I luv Taupe too!

Shruti September 30, 2012 at 11:30 pm

I’m somwhere between Mehak and Esha’s skin tone. I recently commented how I’m hating all my lippies these days. Guess what! I just ordered a Burberry lip mist in Feather pink and I adore it. Not really a fall color but oh well. It looks very matte in the tube but on the lips it kind of melts into a very very comfortable finish. The color is a clean no-fuss pink. Goes beautifully with a VERY light touch of dollymix or even a light peach blush. I plan to get some more of these. Kind of expensive though at $30.

Nidhi October 1, 2012 at 3:06 pm

I so like this feature Mehak! Mac taupe for me .. :) Thankyou Mehak n Priyam!