P&B Panel Discusses: Foundations that Fare Well!

by mehak on October 26, 2012

in Foundation, The Panel

So the panel got together over a game of cards (Its Diwali party season hello!) and whilst a gripping game of teen-patti, we spoke about our favourite foundations !!! Read on to know them!

Ï say “Wrong person to ask right now since im myself on the hunt for one. But i like Bourjois Healthy mix for like a light non fancy foundation, and for heavier occasions i am currently tuning to my Kryolan TV Paint Stick. I like that a lot, but i feel like i want a liquid variant, because my skin is dry so hunting for a good solid coverage one

Esha says “For lighter occasions, i love my Clinique Even Better Foundation- which covers up all my redness and is perfect for a nice, even tone complexion. For heavier occasions i use a YSL foundation which is heavy coverage and gives a super smooth, flawless look. Its awesome because it has a brush inbuilt with it so its super easy to apply”

Priyam Says “On an everyday basis i use Lakme Face Magic Souffle in Pearl (Its the lightest shade, but because this is so watery it doesnt matter which shade you wear). For slightly  heavier occasions, i use the Clinique Superbalanced foundation in 09 Sand. It doesnt break me out plus the Clinique Sales people dont push you shades that are like 10 shades lighter/darker than your actual skin shade”

Sanjana “I dont use foundations really (College student remember). I do use the Maybelline BB Cream though which evens out my skin tone and suits me a lot!”

Kejal October 26, 2012 at 4:02 pm

I am on a hunt for a medium coverage foundation.. but m nore specifically looking to replace my ponds TM :( as my last bottle is getting over now

SweetAndBitter October 26, 2012 at 4:07 pm

it was real fun to read – warm tones ones are yet to find the perfect match

ashie October 26, 2012 at 4:59 pm

hey mehak! wat shade are u in the healthy mix foundation?

Embellished October 26, 2012 at 5:37 pm

What about the MUFE HD foundation? People seem to like that a lot. I really want to try out the Clinique foundations.

giggle girlie October 26, 2012 at 6:42 pm

I don’t use foundation!Well but couple of years back I was also in this hunting game and tried quite a few from lakme,clinique,mac to bobbi brown…I have dry skin so the best ones for me were clinique & mac.

GK October 26, 2012 at 6:56 pm

hmm. that was quite informative

Chris October 26, 2012 at 7:42 pm

I like Revlon Colorstay, NARS Sheer Matte, and right now Cinema Secrets foundation is holding up pretty nicely on my skin. Smashbox Full Coverage is good, although a little too thick for my liking.

Dolon October 26, 2012 at 9:51 pm

Just tried the new Lotus Purestay Foundation today and its pretty good..lasted for nearly 6 hrs and did not oxidise!

Niyomi October 26, 2012 at 10:59 pm

I’m a college student and I use only Maybelline’s BB cream too! :)

Karishma October 27, 2012 at 1:45 am

I am just using MAC’s super select concealer and compact these days.. I am really confused about which foundation to buy next..

Richa Saxena October 27, 2012 at 11:56 am

I am alternating between Neutrogena healthy skin foundation & Faces Oil free foundation…Both have been good enough so far…

shruti October 27, 2012 at 2:17 pm

hi..plz suggest a good cover foundation..that i can wear to a party or work..don’t want to get into the hassle of having 2..i’m on a budget..:)

shruti October 27, 2012 at 2:28 pm

also..whats a primer..i mean i get that it prepares the skin for makeup..but is it necessary??
will purchase if it realy makes a difference or should i rely on my moisturiser..thnxx

N Nair October 31, 2012 at 7:27 pm

I do rely on a primer, mainly to even out the skin (fussy oily/combination with a dry nose always) and minimize my pores. I use the Philosophy ‘the present’ and can feel how glazed my skin becomes ready for the other stuff. On a daily basis, I think a tinted moisturizer is better if you dont use foundation. You also get hydrating primers (I use this daily) which does the moisturizing job and adds a bit of evenness to the skintone. If your makeup rests well with a moisturizer, I wud say skip the primer, but if you try it, you might see the difference..I am hooked to them :)

Tanmayee October 27, 2012 at 4:28 pm

I really really like the maybelline dream mousse liquid founation (airbrush finish)… it blends evenly, leaves a dewy glow and even covers minor flaws…and photographs really well…..

Kalyani October 27, 2012 at 4:39 pm

Hi, I’d suggest Sensai/Kanebo it’s light and smooth but has colours with yellow undertones (absolute necessity for me!). I prefer them over MAC because MAC is just too heavy for me. I have a similar tone to you, Mehak, so maybe you could try that?

ramya October 28, 2012 at 11:17 am