Decor Diaries: Online Shopping Websites for Home Decor in India !!!

by mehak on November 1, 2012

in Uncategorized

My manager at work has pretty much given up on me !! Before my roka, my screen would be interspersed with work excel sheets and beauty blogs, after the roka  my screen would be interspersed with work excel sheets and lehenga photos, and these days it is Home Decor along with the usual work excel sheets!!! And while , decorating your home can be frustrating because of the lack of options in India, these fancy new online shopping websites are a whole lot of fun to shop from. Im listing a few of my favourites below:

1. : There are a ton of gorgeous things at zansaar. I specially watch out for the ‘Specials’ section on the left. I know they have an arabian lights special coming up in November and im totally waiting for it !!!! I want those good earth style hanging arabian lamps !!!! I love the silk textured cushion covers available here, the serveware and glass ware. I also love that they have a rooms and ideas concept where they show an entire room as per a particular theme, using items from zansaar! This is my go to source for table linen. They have the cutest, quaint little table cloths with matching runners and mats. Porcelain blue with a floral print, or lime green with a vibrant lily print- they just remind me of a cute little white cottage in the hills, with breakfast served on a wooden table in the backyard- atop one of these table covers. Some really really interesting patch work cushions too! They are currently on sale at Noida by the way so those of you who stay there rush !!! : While i haven’t purchased anything from pepperfry yet, they have a HUGE range in wooden items and even a special section for sheesha’s !!! Arabian Lamps from zansaar + sheesha from pepperfry = all you need is a belly dancer costume now !!! Some adorable cushions by Homestory and gorgeous serve ware from Noritake along with a host of other lesser known brands are available here. They also have a large lighting section with more than a few hanging moroccan lamps !!! :  I am completely in lust with Suzanne Roshan’s Pret line of Home Decor and its available at houseproud. Not cheap by any means, but amazing to just sit and admire for hours. If luzury furniture is your thing then House proud is the answer to your luxe prayers! Jabong is not solely a home decor site but its collection is still very vast. I specially like the white consoles and side tables  by a brand called truhome!! Very parisian chic!!

ramya November 1, 2012 at 10:56 am

Decor dairy is so much useful Mehak.I am searching for the wall hangings very unique.Thank u so much for share the links.

Marathi Weddings November 1, 2012 at 12:16 pm

Thank you for the quick list!
Btw I have ordered a mirror from Pepperfry which is on its way. Excited to see that!

Pinkalicious November 1, 2012 at 2:01 pm

Mehak I love you! Newly married & stranded in a new & slow city after the fast paced life of Delhi & Bombay, I really needed this :)

mehak November 1, 2012 at 2:47 pm

Haha love you back :S :p :p

Shikha November 1, 2012 at 2:20 pm

hahhaha, My boss is travelling these days so I can sit and do whatever. He is in Singapore, first I thought to handover him my shopping list of dress, cosmetics from there, he would have thrown me out, so I just asked for chocolates :-D

Kejal November 1, 2012 at 2:27 pm

Good to see these things coming up online! How I wish I cud buy some curtains too.. I need a new set of curtains for the whole house and I dont wanna spend weekends hunting for them

Avantika November 1, 2012 at 7:42 pm

Dunno if you’ve tried it but FashionAndYou has also come up with a Home Furnishings section..still to try it out!

mehak November 1, 2012 at 9:18 pm

Not a F & U fan..the customer service ist great :)

Alysia November 1, 2012 at 8:11 pm

Hey there…i am a regular reader of your blogs Mehak. Addicted to p&b ;)
There is also for wooden furniture. You should totally check that out! :)

Sukanya November 1, 2012 at 10:22 pm

will keep this list in mind ! It was a much needed post..thnx for sharing Mehak <3

abhi November 2, 2012 at 10:12 am

what a cool blog :) loved every min i spent here :)
congratulations on ur roka…….
im following u now….do drop by and see if ud like to follow back :)

philamazan November 2, 2012 at 8:40 pm

indian websites are cropping up like weeds lol

GK November 3, 2012 at 9:55 am

Thanks a ton mehak.. i badly needed this.. ………….now my manager is going to see me with excel sheets and lots fo furniture sites :)

Nidhi November 3, 2012 at 3:50 pm

Thanks for the list Mehak.. am on hunt for quite a god things..lets see if I find them.. a very useful post indeed!

jyoti November 5, 2012 at 10:10 am

hi mehek, little piece of information i’d like to share. the wooden furntiture u see on these sites, all is made in jodhpur (handicraft export hub). the supply goes to fabindia too. u get sooooo reasonably priced here! ( read less than half rates).

so if u ever plan to come here, dont leave without sum handicraft shopping. trust me, neeta ambani and suneel shetty also come down to buy the stuff :D :)

mehak November 5, 2012 at 10:47 am

OOoh thanks a lot jyoti…i love fabindia stuff..Can you tell me a few places in jodhpur whic i can go to?

Priya Saha July 31, 2015 at 4:29 pm

One of the best stores in India catering to all needs related to Home furnishings is Skipper. They have a chain of retail spread across the country and houses some of the most prominent international brands Highly recommended