P & B Real Brides: Meet Kriti!

by mehak on November 8, 2012

in Bridal Blog, Real Brides

Meet Kriti

An effervescent bride from New Delhi who had a recent love marriage :)

Tell us about your outfits:

Mehendi lehenga was bought from  Nidhi Tholia Jaipur . This costed around 75000(Editors Note: Those of you planning a visit to Jaipur, Nidhi THolia & Swati Ubroi are must visit designers)

Wedding  lehenga by Sabyasachi at  Mehrauli . This costed a little over 2 lakh.

One trip to the store was all that i needed because i was clear about what i wanted my outfit to look like. Wanted a red traditional outfit for the wedding and sabya’s work is perfect for a traditional look. Wanted bright colors and gota work for my mehendi and Nidhi Tholias work was just apt.

For my jewellery, i visited Ranas in Jaipur and M Rajsons in GK 1 (Editors Note: M Rajsons a family fav for me too)

Which function was the most fun and why?

Sangeet (cocktails) was maximum fun as there was a fabulous DJ, great selection of drinks at the bar and all our friends performed on a parody of 15 songs

Who did this gorgeous makeup?

Vinita Kahol, a very renowned make-up artist had done my make-up. Her work was absolutely fabulous and i will always recommend her to my friends. In fact a lot of people, to whom i have given Vinitas reference have been extremely happy with her work and have further referred her to their relatives and friends. She charged 25000 for wedding and 12000 for other functions. She did my lehenga draping and my hair styling as well.

Your wedding shots are so quirky fun and unconventional! Who shot them?

Sahil Vohra. We loved the various angles, perspectives and views he captured which were very atypical of what the main photographers did and despite being a school friend of my husband’s, AND not being paid for it, was so committed to his time with the camera throughout the wedding! Great results and an awesome attitude! I’ve specially put in a word of thanks for him on his site at www.sahilvohra.com/testimonials.

PS: I know you guys want to see a full length shot of the lehenga, but these are all i have available at the moment!

crazy indian bride November 8, 2012 at 11:08 am

Aawww u look so pretty!!!
Absolutly love the yawning picture and the makeup is just perfect

Ishita Ray November 8, 2012 at 11:11 am

I love your lahenga and makeup, u looking drop dead gorgeous.. ya pls put a full length picture if you can :)

Kejal November 8, 2012 at 11:14 am

Lovely make up! Wished I cud have seen more of the lehenga..looks pretty

Shikha November 8, 2012 at 11:16 am

Wow, U look so sweet and pretty Kirti, I also like your yawning picture… You resemble a lot with Shriya Saran (bollywood actress) in first picture. :-)

Riya November 8, 2012 at 11:34 am

Great pics!

Shruti November 8, 2012 at 12:28 pm

Lovin’ the first Pic the most and those pretty beautiful attires :)

Bhumika M November 8, 2012 at 2:13 pm

Much congrats love! You look lovely! Would have truly loved to see a full length snap of the Lehenga! And I agree! I too wanted a traditional red lehenga!

Awesome! I love both Nidhi Tholia and Swati Uberoi! Their Gota work is truly the BEST! Though Nidhi Tholia does showcase her work at Ogaan, HKV. MIL has bought this gorgeous Nidhi Tholia sari as part of my trousseau! So excited! ;)

Sahil does great work! And the best thing about contemporary photographers is that the capture the yawns, sad smiles and such other emotions! It is so boring to see just the smiles all the times! ;)

M.Rajsons in GK is my in-laws family jeweler too! My engagement ring and sets from in-laws side are all from there! :D Super pretty stuff!

Anshita @Vanity No Apologies November 8, 2012 at 8:12 pm

i loved whatever i could see of ur lehenga :)

jyoti November 8, 2012 at 9:35 pm

Loved ur makeup.you look amazing in the first pic. <3 Wish u luckfor a happy married life .:)

Karishma November 9, 2012 at 12:27 am

I cannot even tell you how adorable these pictures are. God bless you both!

ramya November 9, 2012 at 7:51 am

congragulations and u look so gorgeous:)the photos too:)

Zahra November 9, 2012 at 10:07 am

I LOVE THESE PICS!!! :D…Especially the one where you’re yawning!!!

And Kriti, you look lovely…..congrats!!

sakhi November 9, 2012 at 4:15 pm

loved ur pics..all were simply wonderful

IsmiDiva November 9, 2012 at 8:03 pm

awww you look really beautiful Kriti! I love the pictures, so candid! but honestly, I loveee the lehenga but I feel that its overplayed.. I mean the colors/patterns/embroidery are floating around everywhere in the market now..but still its looks beautiful on you! Happy marriage life :)

Sahil Vohra November 9, 2012 at 8:03 pm

To all of you who liked the pictures, many thanks. Kriti has been one of the prettiest brides I’ve shot for yet :)

thevowsandbeyond November 11, 2012 at 12:44 am

Love the pics – very unique! Love both outfits too!!

Bhumika November 11, 2012 at 5:33 pm

Kriti u look gorgeous…loved both lehengas and the makeup..and of course the photography !

Nidhi Pandey November 12, 2012 at 6:40 pm

Loved the first pic and the yawning pic.. Good Luck Kriti! You remind me of some TV or Bollywood star..dont remem who…

Chunchun November 13, 2012 at 5:15 pm

Great pictures!! very candid!! good job mr photographer :)

D December 8, 2012 at 10:57 pm

I love the makeup of the bride. Can someone please send me contact details of the make up artist Vinita Kahol, please?

Kriti Mathur February 13, 2013 at 12:10 am

Hi! this is Vinita Kahols number- 9810176956.Please give her my reference if and when you call her. Love K

Diksha February 16, 2013 at 2:19 pm

Dear Mehak,
Would be great if you can help out with suggestions for good makeup artists in Delhi, who are also affordable! I don’t have the heart to spend like 25k above on makeup ! Tx

Ankita Singh January 7, 2014 at 6:23 pm

Hey Diksha,

Just in case you’re still looking, I got my make-up done at a parlour called “Bella Madonna” in South-Point mall Gurgaon. The MUA who handled me was Pratibha and she was wonderful. Through the trial also she was very amiable and listened to and incorporated everything I wanted. She remebered everything on wedding day and made me up exactly as I wanted, natural and looking like a pretty me. The hairstyle guy was also brilliant and replicated the hairstyle I wanted when I showed him a photo. They charged me Rs. 12,000 for bridal make-up, drape, hair. Hope this helped.

preeti July 1, 2013 at 2:44 pm

Hi, your lehenga is beautiful !!
Can someone please suggest some places in delhi /Jaipur for bridal lehenga??
My wedding is in december and I have no clue about lehenga shopping !!

Swati August 13, 2013 at 3:34 am

Hi Kriti,
Congratulations..!! I loved your wedding lenhga. Coul dyou please send me couple more pictures and let me know where did you buy it from?