The P&B Panel Discusses: Bright Lipsticks That Suit Their Skintone!

by mehak on November 18, 2012

in The Panel

So the panel sat around a round table, sipping warm cappucino’s (by the way the Hazelnut coffee in Barista is amazing) and discussed the life changing question of which bright lipsticks suit their skintone !!! Here is what we answered:

I say “I  absolutely love Mac Speak Louder  Lipstick for a bright pink. Its the perfect pink for me, not neon but still bright ! I also love Colorbar  Take Me as i Am Flirtatious Pink  which is a really nice coral-pink kind of a color. I dont have a perfect red though, some people say COlorbar Velvet Matte Over the top looks reddish on me and i love that as well”

Esha Says “I love Mac Chatterbox Lipstick for a bright pink , and Mac Ravishing Lipstick for a nice peachy orange” (Editors Note: I think Chatterbox is a must buy for lighter skintones, its just SO pretty on  fair girls!)

Priyam says ” Inglot Lipstick 103 is the  perfect, perfect  coral lipstick for my skintone but i also Revlon Colorburst Lip butter in LOllipop  which is a nice purple-pink on me which is bright. ”

Sanjana SaysMac Russian Red is my saviour. The number of conversations iv had in the ladies room with total strangers over my lip color in this shade is absolutely ridiculous. Its expensive, but i kind of took it from moms cupboard when she wasnt looking so its okay! ”

Random Banter Amongst Panelists:

Priyam for some reason decided to watch Aiyyaa on television and then grumble about how absolutely horrendous a movie it is to me. Sanjana recently got gifted a ton of mac products from  me for designing the P & B logo so shes in makeup wonderland (Thats what i do, i pay people in makeup haha) . Esha is yet again attending a close wedding in a different town, and living it up this festive season :p

Giggle girlie November 18, 2012 at 11:24 am

Some great picks!!currently I’m in that bright lipstick phase so yes I have quite a few favourites:p
But my most recent possession is lady danger!!

Pooja@IBC November 18, 2012 at 2:17 pm

Ruby woo,Inglot 103 and Impassioned that’s my holy trinity for bold bright statement lippies ;)

mehak November 19, 2012 at 10:58 am

I want Inglot 103!!!

Sophia Nikhita Jerald November 18, 2012 at 5:07 pm

Its a bit of the topic…But I love love love Esha’s haircolor in the pic it her natural hair color???if not which shade is it????

mehak November 19, 2012 at 8:05 pm

Its majirel Number 5 !

Chris November 18, 2012 at 8:22 pm

I love NARS Funny Face. It’s so perfect for Indian skin tones. I also like NYX Doll, Revlon Papaya gloss, Wet n Wild Sugar Plum Fairy and Red Velvet, NYX Xtreme Lip Cream in Absolute Red.

Bhumika M November 19, 2012 at 12:04 am

Impassioned, girl about town, lady danger and vegas volt are my favorites! Fast play, chatterbox, craving and brick-0-la some other hot picks!

mehak November 19, 2012 at 10:56 am

I like fast play a lot too. I need to stock p on some lipsticks in winter but im leaning towards EL rather than mAC

Bhumika M November 19, 2012 at 3:51 pm

Fast Play is really pretty! It is not really MLBB, it’s a lil more pink on me but that is how I like it! EL has some great quality lipsticks! Mom in law has asked me to buy make up to put in the Shagan vanity case. Thinking of adding a few ELs and some Lancome to my collection. Maybe a Chanel or two!

Sophia November 19, 2012 at 12:26 am

I’m imagining how Chatterbox would look on my slightly paler than NC 30 skin-flattering i suppose-congrats MAC lippie , you just made it to my wishlist :-) My favourite bright lipstick is the Inglot slimgel 59…love how impassioned looks on me even though i don’t own one-i can see it working for a wide range of skin tones…

Dollie November 19, 2012 at 8:20 am

MAC Ruby Woo, Estee Lauder Fig and Hot Kiss, Chanel gloss Meteore and Maybelline Fuchsia Crystal are my current bright faves. Want to try a bold orange now but am hesitating…

mehak November 19, 2012 at 10:55 am

Ooh i want estee lauder fig!

Shikha November 19, 2012 at 10:20 am

Colorbar – Obsessed Orange and Revlon Colorburst Lipstick- Fuchsia

aparna November 19, 2012 at 7:30 pm

Hello Friends
Being a makeup fan , I consider lipsticks as one of the most important tool to instantly glow your face .For me its a thumb rule to have some dark shades for winter and light neon shades for summer .
Currently for winters my favorite are MAC spice it up ( a dark maroon -brown color) and bourjois lovely brille 07 rose pareo….both look really good on Indian skin tones … check them out and enjoy the festivity with color …..:)

Sonal January 24, 2013 at 6:33 pm

I am in love with NARS Terre De Feu. It looks so good on Indian skin – I’m NC 35 and my sister is NC 30 and it works really well on both.

I was so pleased with it I took a photo and wrote a blog post – An Ode To NARS Terre De Feu :)