Have You Used Lip Plumpers?

by Mehak Shahani on December 24, 2012

in Beauty Banter, Features

So have you? Lip PLumping Glosses and stuff like that? I dont remember using one ever- i know a lot of brands here come out with ‘Plumping Lipglosses’ but thats not what im talking about. Im talking about those proper- ‘ Lip Plumpers’ which sting a tiny bit and make your lips fuller…

poorna@ presentedbyp December 24, 2012 at 8:48 pm

i have used NYX lip plumper. Its not bad.

MissBoPeep December 24, 2012 at 8:56 pm

Gosh! Those are scary things. I tried Soap and Glory Lip Plumping Gloss once on one my trips to Sephora about 2 years ago. I was wearing it for about 5 minutes and I had to take it off. It was like I was attacked by a swarm of ants. I ended up with sticky , sore lips. I dint like the feel. That was the first and last time I tried it.

mehak December 24, 2012 at 9:07 pm

Ya iv heard that the really sting. Thanks for that, will avoid the soap and glory ones…

Nitya December 24, 2012 at 9:49 pm
Richa Saxena December 24, 2012 at 10:27 pm

I have used the Sally Hansen one’s….They didn’t do much for me plumping wise..Just some stinging but no plumping..

mehak December 25, 2012 at 4:18 pm

Ouch that sucks. No gain and only pain?

Vish December 24, 2012 at 10:38 pm

nope i don’t even want to :P

Karishma December 25, 2012 at 3:46 am

I do want to try some plumping effect stuff.

Shikha December 25, 2012 at 10:42 am

For a party makeup parlor lady used that on me, I hate that feeling… I am not very interested in it..

Fani December 25, 2012 at 11:10 am

Clinique full potential plump and shine is fabullous. there is very little tingling which lasts for hardly 3-4 minutes and lots of stickiness and after that my lips feel so smooth and moisturised super sexy. i got a lot of good compliments whenever i wear it. i have it in blackberry bloom and the cherry bomb shades.

mehak December 25, 2012 at 3:43 pm

Damnit! I was in the clinique store today and ended up buying a chubby stick instead

Frances December 25, 2012 at 11:45 am

First off: Merry Christmas to you and The Boy!

Never tried any of them. I just don’t see how they could work for more than a few minutes; surely the irritation would subside after that, and if it didn’t subside, wouldn’t it be too uncomfortable to wear? I’ll stick to a nice lip balm, and a shimmery gloss.

PS Just wanted to let you know I really appreciated your Dear Santa post on violence against women. Fingers crossed that soon all women everywhere will be able to live their lives freely and without fear.

mehak December 25, 2012 at 4:03 pm

I know im a bit scared to try them…some of them have these scary names like ‘lip injection’ n stuff

Crown Princess December 26, 2012 at 10:39 am

Lip Injection is just scary sounding. It’s the brand name of the plumper by Two Faced cosmetics:) Try it…it’s the best!! Though natural is always the BEST!!!

Tina December 26, 2012 at 10:46 am

I haven’t tried, but your post reminds me, some beauty blog had suggested applying red chilli powder on lips to get ‘plumped up lips naturally’! :D

Nitya December 26, 2012 at 11:30 am

Been trying Bio Berry Plumping lip balm from Biotique, good one but not much of a plumper though :)

Vaishnavi December 26, 2012 at 12:25 pm

Eeks!! First off….I didnt know this existed..now that I know I want to try!!

ermmm…maybe not the lip injection bit but Clinique sounds pretty good!!

Kejal December 26, 2012 at 4:09 pm

I have the sally hansen one..it stings a bit..but not too much. Does makes the lips plumper..but the effects last only an hour max.

Gwen @ Makeup Toys December 26, 2012 at 5:10 pm

I think they are really not necessary. There are other methods to make lips look fuller like using lighter shade of lipstick on the middle of use a high shine gloss. Lip plumpers are scary!

saba May 13, 2013 at 2:00 pm

smashbox O plump is very good…n i wear it daily..it leaves your skin slughtly plumped and pink tint over it

mehak May 13, 2013 at 11:03 pm

Ooh i wanna try that..will look for it in sephora!