Loreal Dermo Expertise UV Perfect Tinted Moisturizer Review

by mehak on December 22, 2012

in A- Grade, A+, Loreal, Reviews, Skincare

For the longest time, the L’oreal counters at most of the Delhi Malls thought i was an idiot /crazy lady. See, i had read about the ‘Loreal Tinted Moisturizer ‘  by people mentioning it in forums and comments and i kept going to the sales staff  and saying “I want that tinted moisturizer by Loreal” . They kept saying “Maam aisa koi product nahi hai “.  I went to every counter i could find and they kept repeating this till the point i was like “Arre, but i read online there is. GIVE IT TO ME. STOP HIDING IT SNEAKY PEOPLE !” *Insert crazy customer stare* . I really started to feel like this tinted moisturizer was like the Emperors New Clothes- invisible to me, but only visible to a select few . That was until one particular sales person of a higher IQ understood what im saying and said “Ah, you must be talking about the Loreal Dermo Expertise UV Perfect Moisturizer that is supposed to even out the complexion. We dont call it a tinted moisturizer, its just a moisturizing sunscreen which is tinted” . Since even i didn’t know what i was talking about, except that such a thing existed and was spoken about on the internet i just nodded mutely and grabbed it with both hands.

The first thing i noted- that it was wierd that it came in only one shade. One shade- for a tinted moisturizer? But i soon realised that really, Loreal has simply positioned this as a moisturizer with a high sunscreen. It came in three variants- One was called ‘Transparent’ , one was supposed to brighten dull skin and the third was called “Even Complexion”and it had a beigey tint to it.

Not to make things clear- if you are looking for a ‘Tinted Moisturizer’ in the sense that you want some coverage with this, then this is probably going to dissapoint you. The coverage is pretty much non existant , which is why they can get away with one color. However this does impart a subtle glow to your face that you will notice immediately.

Having said that, this is actually a really great moisturizer . Its very light and spreads thinly and evenly over your face but is quite rich in hydration. I have dry skin, and this has been able to cope with those dry patches single handedly. What i love, and is probably the reason i keep going back to this  is that it has an SPF 50 with a PA+++ , so it kind of eliminates the need for sunscreen.  Plus this one doesnt leave a strange white cast like most sunscreens do. You can just slap on this one product every morning and yr good.  Now if only, it was also slightly more tinted, this would have been my dream product. I also like the super convenient nozzle packaging !

Thats about it, if i had to mention one thing it would be that it smells bad, but i think iv gotten a bad piece or somethin because it didnt start out smelling bad. But now it kind of smells like…i don know…like almonds which have gone bad. :S

*See, the tinted-ness doesn’t do much  on me.

Verdict:  A-

Price: Rs 399 (I think)

Recommendation: The Loreal Dermo Expertise UV Perfect Moisturizer in the ‘Tint’ variant is a nice, effective  moisturizer  that is  still light and breathable on the skin with a high sunscreen (SPF 50 with PA+++ woohoo!)  that adds a nice subtle glow to the face. If yr looking for a pure tinted moisturizer (one that gives some coverage) then you will probably be dissapointed, because it doesnt really provide any coverage  but if you want a good moisturizer for winters which also doubles up as a sunscreen, this is really nice. I think you need to think of this more like a really nice , breathable moisturizing sunscreen with a high SPF , rather than a tinted moisturizer per se. Comes in only one shade anyway.

Preetha December 22, 2012 at 11:43 pm

soo cute mehak..wid our without it..:)

mehak December 23, 2012 at 7:34 pm

Lol really? Thanks i thought i looked so sleepy.

Sweet&Bitter December 23, 2012 at 12:25 am

u finally reviewed it! i saw this today but i thought I will wait for your review than to depend on what the SA says. LOL

mehak December 23, 2012 at 7:33 pm

Richa Saxena December 23, 2012 at 12:40 am

A Great Review Mehak….And good to know that the tintedness does not really help..

Nivedita December 23, 2012 at 1:41 am

I had used this one and I loved the Even-Tone that is the tinted one. It kind of brightened up my skintone. It moisturized well and yet did not feel heavy. Once I’m through my current stock, I am repurchasing this baby!
And no you didn;t get a bad piece I think. Mine also ad started smelling strange like how you described. Having continued using it and considering the fact that my sensitive skin never broke out or anything, I think the product is like that

Peachesandblush December 23, 2012 at 6:06 pm

Ya its a pretty nice product, been using it everyday!

akhila December 23, 2012 at 9:52 am

hey you look cute in both pictures and I like the fact it does not add any colour, I was looking for a moisturizer with high spf so that I could save some time during the early morning rush to office and also save my skin from 8 hours of air condition at work….I am so buying this. I do have a lot of stock but I want this now. :)

swastika December 24, 2012 at 10:21 am

must buy for me:) i am going to get this today!

Vaishnavi December 24, 2012 at 1:07 pm

I have been depressed abt Pond’s TM…I loved the before-after pictures :) I guess I’ll pick this up…

Rini December 26, 2012 at 11:23 pm

Bought it on your recco just yest…I liked it from the word go! Still wearing it since morning and NO oily skin at all (I have combination-oily skin). Plus the face certainly looked brighter all day.

Taamra September 28, 2013 at 1:30 pm

Hi Mehak, where did you finally find this moisturiser? Would GK M block have it??? Thanku

mehak September 28, 2013 at 2:02 pm

I would suggest go to the loreal counters inside shoppers stop or some big stores like that

Esha September 30, 2013 at 12:00 pm

You cn get it online thru flipkart. ordered on thursday n got it on friday for Rs 349.

M January 10, 2014 at 1:44 pm

Mehak would you recommend this for oily skin? Does it make skin greasier or feel heavy?

mehak January 10, 2014 at 2:01 pm

yes i would. It doesnt make it heavy/greasy at all
itas moisturizxing but very light.

Maitreyee February 7, 2014 at 12:32 am

planning to buy this. hope it doesnt break me out

sophiya August 24, 2014 at 6:20 pm

can anyone suggest me ..I have dry to combination skin which tinted moisturizers is best suited n even to cover my lil dark circle s n highlight ing my eyes…

sophiya August 24, 2014 at 6:34 pm

hiee mehak plz help me..:(

sophiya August 24, 2014 at 7:00 pm

hiee mehak, actually yestry I wen to an outlet n asked one of person at loreal counter to give me tint moisturizer n concealer for my dark circle. As I was in rush i dint noticed whether Purchase Correct or not .Asit was my first to purchase and use.On reaching home I found thay gave me boreal La creme true match BB cream wit spf 35 ++ pa as tint moistufizer.And for concealer thay gave maybellin clear glow shine free clear stick… I’m very upset….Plz tell me what to do.And can I use any of these products and if yes how and if no .then where to purchase Tint moisturizer …..plz reply waiting for it. Thanks