I dont know whether i feel this every year, but 2012 really flew by in a whiz. Maybe because half of it was spent planning my wedding, and the other half was spent getting used to living a ‘married life’ – and in between those two halves i managed to squeeze in a new wedding shopping business , setting up a space i can call home and maintaining this blog . 2012 was definitely the MOST hectic year of my life yet. Here are my reflections on 2012:
- 2012 taught me that no matter how much you plan your big day and obsess over the minutest of details, in the end it doesn’t matter one bit. In the end, your family, your friends and your love take you through the day (Along with a red bull ;) )
- 2012 taught me that there is nothing called “not having time”. There are 24 hours in a day. You CAN do a full time job, a full time blog, and a business on the side – all it takes is drive.
2012 taught me The Boy taught me that sometimes, all it takes to make a crazy /horrible day better is to lie next to your loved one on your couch , eat a bowl of ice cream and watch an episode of Two and a Half Men . Try it. Works!
- 2012 taught me that no matter what stage of relationship you are in, marriage is a different deal all together. You need to grow up and take responsibility and adjust and compromise. Its a two way street, and its not always a smooth one. Doing it with a smile just makes the rise more enjoyable:)
- 2012 taught me that im not growing any younger- and that i cant just live the same un-healthy lifestyle i used to and expect to still be in shape. I NEED to get an action plan for next year (Im really bad at this though) !
- 2012 taught me that running a house is hard work, and you need to appreciate your mom a LOT more for whatever she did !
Moving on to far shallower things- here are 10 of my most used makeup products in 2012 . My Most used Skincare Products will be up soon too, along with some more reflections ;)
Colorbar Take Me as i Am Lip Color in Flirtatious Pink is definitely the most used lip product of 2012. I just love its versatility- its pink, its coral , its almost red, its bright, but its still subtle . I dont know-i loved wearing it sheer as a tint and full power as well.I just loved the ease of the pencil, the long lastability and the moisture!
Faces Satin Matte Lipsticks Jazzberry Jam impressed me SO much ! It was my first Faces Lipstick and the shade just turned into my go to office wear shade. This plus my Mac Floating Lotus Lipglass ensured the perfect pink work wear lip. It didnt last that long which is kind of annoying-i love the color and comfort and full coverage of this,
Mac Supernova introduced me to Hot Pink Blushes that look scary in the pan but gorgeous on your cheeks ! I just loved the pretty, poppy pink flush this gave! Go to Blush when im going for the innocent rose look!
Loreal Instant Impact SUper Liner was my early morning work saviour and also my Honeymoon Liner of choice. It was just so easy to apply, and usually i hate Felt Tip Liners. This made me a convert. A few quick swipes one over another and you were done. Iv replaced this with the Maybelline Hyper Glossy Now though.
Mocha. Love my Mocha. Whenever i wanted an earthy, natural rosey flush Mocha was the blush of choice. Whether it was heavy eyes, or neutral eyes Mocha never disaapointed. It just gives this overall warm, gorgeous look thats perfect for pretty much whatever you wear. If you want a blush that goes with everything-just get this.
I used this kit EVERY TIME i went out at night. The girl meets pearl highlighter was used very generously across my cheeks for a fuzzy, candle lit glow. Then topped it with the Moon Beam Highlighter along the highest points of my face for sharper highlightin.
Berry Smoothie was just such a fuss free lip product that it was my hand bag staple. Moisturizing, COmfortable, pigmented and a gorgeous neutral pink that went with everything. I think iv used up half the tube already!
Lancome Le Crayon Kohl Noir was one of the only kohls that not only gave intense pigmentation but didnt irritate my eyes. Im so bummed iv misplaced my kohl but im getting replacements asap. It did smudge just a very very tiny, miniscule bit but nowhere near as close to how usual kohls smudge. It was perfect for me!
Subscribe Updates, Its FREE!