5 Products I Currently Use in My Everyday Skincare Routine

by Mehak Shahani on January 16, 2013

in Features, Fridaysfive

best-skincare-products

Rise and Shine ! How is your Mid Week Crisis doing this Wednesday ??? While i got through it with the brand new Pretty little Liars episode (Spooky!) ,  this Friday’s Five (or Wednesdays 5 rather) may get you through yours. Here are  five products that im currently using in my everyday routine! Some im loving, some im still getting to know and others are just regulars!Click the names to go to the detailed reviews..

1.Clinique Super Defense Age Protect Moisturizer (Review to come): Since i turned 26, i have kind of been grappling with when to start on anti-ageing, and whats the right product for me. I mean, i just wanted something mild to start me off and the Clinique SA recommended this to me. Im not sure whether i completely love it yet, i guess you cant say with these anti ageing kind of products that are only meant for prevention! Has anyone tried Kiehls anti ageing products? What do you guys use in your twenties for anti ageing.? Should i be using creams with Retinol and AHA or simple moisturizers with UVA and UVB protection is enough?

2.Loreal Dermo Expertise UV Perfect Tinted Moisturizer : I like a high SPF, and i dont always love layering thick sunscreen over my moisturizer so the Loreal TInted Moisturizer is perfect. On one hand it gives me an SPF of 50 with a PA+++ and on the other hand it is just a fabulous moisturizer that really hydrates without being heavy. Also gives a subtle glow to the face!

3.Shiseido Night Moisture Recharge Cream : My skin feels so soft and smooth in the mornings, only because it gets its much needed hydration at night from the Shiseido Night Moisture Recharge.Definite repurchase for me but will probably get the enriched variant this time.

4.Kiehls Avocado Under Eye Cream : My under eye area is totally dry, and honestly im a bit scared to start using heavy duty eye creams that promise wrinkle prevention etc. I mean, i dont think i need those yet and all i needed was really a nice lush moisturizer to hydrate the area and the Kiehls Under Eye Cream does exactly that.

5.Nivea Aqua Effect Skin Refining Scrub : I LOVE this scrub. It has the perfect amount of abrasiveness to the granules that makes me feel fresh and squeaky clean but not like my face was on a cheese grater you know???

Krithi January 16, 2013 at 12:12 pm

Hi Mahek
do you use both loreal and clinique moiturizer together?

mehak January 16, 2013 at 12:51 pm

Yes i do actually..i put clinique first then loreal on top…but im looking for a solid tinted moisturizer with high spf and with some anti ageing properties. But it kinds looks like nothing like that exists :p

Krithi January 16, 2013 at 4:21 pm

:)) I Understand …
btw would u know if loreal one is for oily skin as well?

mehak January 16, 2013 at 4:51 pm

Yes…so the thing is its a really breathable formula so even those with oily skin can use it. It wont clog pores.

Crown Princess January 16, 2013 at 4:47 pm

Looks like your prayer just might be answered after all. Just saw an ad of the new Olay Total Effects tinted moisturizer!! Check it out and give us an honest review soon! xoxo

mehak January 16, 2013 at 4:50 pm

Yeah i know i was interested by that too…but i dont know about olay yknow…Im not sure it suits my skin that well

MissBoPeep January 17, 2013 at 10:51 am

All in one solution!! Yes, we all want one :) Btw, I tried a sampler of Clarins Double Serum. I must tell you its really nice for a dry to combo skin. Th only thing thats stopping me from buy is the price. 4.5k is maddening.
MissBoPeep recently posted..Review – Basicare – Mini Eyelash CurlerMy Profile

Nivedita January 16, 2013 at 12:24 pm

Same pinch for the L’Oreal TM!! I love it!!
Nivedita recently posted..My Hair Haul:My Profile

swastika January 16, 2013 at 1:59 pm

Got the L’Oreal one after you reviewed it and totally love it..
I dont use any anti aging products at the moment but have tried both the Ponds range and Olay (2 bottles each) and couldnt understand any difference they did..
All I use now is TBS Vit E night cream..Vit E is supposed to have anti aging properties!

Rajvi Bhow January 16, 2013 at 2:29 pm

At 26, I guess as long as you use a good sunsceen your aging will definately be delayed. a sunscreen is very important.

Even I was looking at purchasing a good under eye cream, cos the first signs of ageing are visible from the areas near the eyes. will buy the kiehls one :)
Rajvi Bhow recently posted..TV shows for the girly girl!My Profile

Sumathi January 16, 2013 at 2:43 pm

I’m 26 too.. and my skin has changed a lot over the years.. Even after having a very oily skin, my skin has gone really dry this winter.. Having good products has become so important..
Biotique’s morning nectar lotion has been my saviour this winter.. Currently looking for a nice moisturising under eye cream..
Sumathi recently posted..Healthy and tasty Chana Chat RecipeMy Profile

surbhi January 16, 2013 at 2:57 pm

I have slight acne on my skin. This makes me unsure of what to use on my face at night. I am 27 and want to use anti-ageing night products but dont know which ones to buy! I have done allopathic acne treatments and that ahs reduced my problem to a certain extent but its not entirely gone.
Please help!

mehak January 16, 2013 at 3:21 pm

I have dry skin so iv not faced your problem before :(
Have you gone to a derm? They can recommend some good ones. Or i recommend you go to clinique and ask the skin experts over there…

Deepika Kamath January 17, 2013 at 12:04 pm

Hi Surbhi,
Please visit a dermatologist. I’m 26 and have always had clear skin even during my teens but the last few months I’ve been noticing acne and going to a skin specialist is the best thing I could do. Don’t wait for your acne problem to get worse and if you do visit a doctor he/she may guide you with what to use for anti-ageing without causing any severe breakouts too.

Sarah January 16, 2013 at 3:16 pm

Hey Mehak, love reading your posts “always”!!! I would request you to please also share your hair care routine and products that ur using. Actually my hair needs good care these days and what better way to find one then your bolg :)

Niesha January 16, 2013 at 4:27 pm

I am also using the Nivea aqua effect skin refining scrub.. it leaves my skin squeaky clean!!
Love it!!
Niesha recently posted..Cosmedic Lumi Day Brightening Lotion ReviewMy Profile

Pratha January 16, 2013 at 5:03 pm

Anti-aging in 20s is all about maintaining that youthful glow!! And since you have dry skin I’m sure you don’t have the problem of enlarged pores etc.. so you can definitely stay away from retinol based products for the time being!! include vit. C tho.. its natural and effective without being harsh. How do I know?? I will be touching the dreaded 30 next month..ouch!!

mehak January 16, 2013 at 8:52 pm

Thanks Pratha will look into that!

deepti January 16, 2013 at 5:13 pm

Nice post. I am going to try Loreal tinted moisturiser. Finally we are getting some decent tinted moisturisers in India.
deepti recently posted..Clinique Lipstick in Beach CoralMy Profile

ID January 16, 2013 at 5:27 pm

I have very dry skin but the Shiseido night cream gave me pimples, don’t know what was wrong, still in search of good night cream.
ID recently posted..Blue On Red Carpet: Golden Globes, Peoples Choice, Critics’ ChoiceMy Profile

swastika January 16, 2013 at 5:37 pm

try the TBS Vit E night cream..I swear by it

priya January 16, 2013 at 5:36 pm

Hiya Mehak,
Thanx for sharing your skincare products, will checkout the Nivea scrub, right now am using Nivea Total Face Cleanup for my combination skin and liking it so far, TC
priya recently posted..Broke My Resolution…Shopped Again :( My Tiny Haul :)My Profile

Swati January 16, 2013 at 7:38 pm

Hey! Thanks for sharing your skincare routine.. you have nice flawless skin!
I am 23 and i am still struggling to incorporate a sunscreen daily.. and i am so not sure when to start anti aging pdts. Can you tell me if using a night cream is essential? And after reading your review on the loreal tinted moisturiser, i want to try it out :)
Swati recently posted..Hail the Spring!My Profile

mehak January 16, 2013 at 8:52 pm

Hi Swati,
If you have oily skin then maybe no, but mine is extremely dry and dry skin ages faster and gets wrinkly earlier so i make sure my skin is always moisturized

Josie January 16, 2013 at 9:09 pm

Thanks for sharing your skin routine.I love reading about other’s skin routine. LOL I’m nosy like that. :)
Just want to know if you use the scrub everyday.
P.S. I don’t how you feel about using oil(olive oil or almond oil) on your skin but it works wonders for the under eye area.

MissBoPeep January 17, 2013 at 10:54 am

Girls I tried the Garnier BB Cream. And its so much better than the Maybelline BB Cream. Very nice for light coverage.
MissBoPeep recently posted..Review – Basicare – Mini Eyelash CurlerMy Profile

sakhi January 17, 2013 at 12:04 pm

Im 31 and still not using any anti-ageing products….its high tie got to pull up my socks now
sakhi recently posted..Garnier BB Cream – Miracle Skin ProtectorMy Profile

Shriya January 17, 2013 at 2:15 pm

I’m using Body Shop Vitamin C moisturiser with spf 30 , lancome night cream and olay under eye cream… I wonder which face wash I should use in winter ??? :(
Shriya recently posted..JOB LOSS ???My Profile

Prachi January 17, 2013 at 2:40 pm

I have tried the Clinique Super Defense Age Protect Moisturizer..it works great for me…will try the shiseido one next..why could not they keep it a bit less expensive..
Prachi recently posted..Reviews Coming up and a Blog SaleMy Profile

Prachi January 17, 2013 at 2:54 pm

Mehak, is the shiseido available on any online shopping website ??
Prachi recently posted..Reviews Coming up and a Blog SaleMy Profile

mehak January 17, 2013 at 4:05 pm

None i know of!

sharona January 18, 2013 at 12:34 pm

Hi,

Can you please tell me which creams have retinol, Im in my 30s and am watching my face deteriorate rapidly

Nidhi January 20, 2013 at 4:19 pm

Hi Mehak! Opening ur blog after a longg time.. n I see thrz so much to read n see :)
BTW was curious to knw if u have tried any IRAYA products? I tried the apricot wrinkle care n lotus seed body lotion n rite nw m using its saffron elixir.. n found all of them to be super nice!
Nidhi recently posted..Health Tip No 7My Profile

vidhi January 22, 2013 at 4:36 pm

Hi Mehak and everyone,

Anything u girls wanna suggest for normal-to-oily skin???

Shruti March 25, 2013 at 2:28 pm

Mine includes VeryMe Peach Me Perfect cream too. This is just perfect. This unlike any other BB cream covers the entire face without leaving any patch marks and makes my skin look bright.