New Year Outfit of the Night !!

by mehak on January 2, 2013

in Fashion

*Sorry for the horrible picture quality!

Its the second day of 2013 and im sitting here, snuggled into my blanket with the heater on, refusing to move my butt from my warm, cosy bed. Is it just me or is it insanely freaking cold???? 31st night was probably the coldest new year eve i can remember, but then thats what i feel every year ! I think its a sign of getting older- when you want to be warm for your new year eve night, rather than ultra trendy but im glad i wore something warm or i would have frozen my butt off…..

It started with me just raiding my closet to find stuff,  took out a bunch of seperates, wore them together and  bbmed some friends some options which they gave their thoughts on. Then the boy saw those pictures and was like- those shorts are too short, there is no way yr wearing this when its 5 degrees outside. I agreed i didnt want to turn into a snow bunny, then  took out my favourite things in the world- my woollen stockings (these look like normal stockings but they are lined with fur on the inside so they keep you warm even if it snows!) , and wore them on the inside to make sure i was perfectly  snugglable! I approve, friends approve, boy approves.

Thats my friend on the left

Here is what im wearing:

• Peach shorts bought from some random online shopping website-dont remember it was part of my honeymoon shopping !
  • Warm Woollen tights lined with fur bought from a store in Ludhiana
  • Blazer bought from the same place i bought my mint blazer from here
  • My Neon pink clutch which im utterly OBSESSED with is from Pratinava, in Def Col for 1800/-
  • Beige shoes from Rocia in Select City Walk: 2000/-
  • The Necklace is from mumbai and the charm bracelet is from Juicy Couture
Makeup

Shikha January 2, 2013 at 11:28 am

Ahh, you look like a cute high school girl.. Buckle on shorts is adorable.. I love neon-clutch too.. I saw similar one of Ulta.com, I want similar blue

mehak January 2, 2013 at 12:56 pm

Thanks Shikha!

Preetha January 2, 2013 at 11:32 am

really cute mehak..am lovin crosswires

mehak January 2, 2013 at 12:51 pm

Me too!! nfact cross wires + nude lipgloss is my perfect peachy lip

Shruti January 2, 2013 at 12:22 pm

How Cute are those shorts, you look adorable Mehak :) Happy New Year

mehak January 2, 2013 at 12:51 pm

Thanks Shruti!

poorva January 2, 2013 at 12:32 pm

you’re looking very pretty :)

Priti January 2, 2013 at 12:53 pm

Well put together outfit Mehek!! And u look adorable
Happy New Year!!!!!! :):)

azra January 2, 2013 at 1:05 pm

luking realy nice mehak… Dress n makeup both are fab!
Wt hapnd ur face lukin dul n bit dark? Winter blues i thnk. . . Tak cr

Shriya January 2, 2013 at 2:42 pm

You looking very pretty :) ! I loved the peach color shorts and the clutch ……….
… Happy New Year ! :)

jyoti January 2, 2013 at 3:05 pm

Have lost weight Mehak?? You look so very thin even with layers of clothes on!!
I loved the cute short and the woolen stockings combo a lot and crosswires goes so well with your complexion! :)

mehak January 2, 2013 at 3:39 pm

Iv gained weight :(
5 kgs after mrriage

Chris January 2, 2013 at 10:26 pm

That’s a sign of happiness. :D

jyoti January 5, 2013 at 7:27 am

Really!! :O Where did it go fir? Cant see it anywhere on you. :P
And if you look likethis after gaining 5 kgs then i would say gain another 5 kilos. lol. :D you would look cuter. <3

thedelhibride January 2, 2013 at 3:28 pm

Love the clutch!

harman January 2, 2013 at 4:02 pm

You look lovely and radiant. I so need these stockings in my life. Can you please tell me which store in ludhiana?

mehak January 2, 2013 at 4:11 pm

SOme store called MASK in MBD Mall

Smriti January 2, 2013 at 4:31 pm

Fur lined stockings are ingenious! I loved the whole outfit, especially the blazer and shorts. How cute is that buckle detail?! Love <3

Sumathi January 2, 2013 at 4:44 pm

It’s such a cool idea to wear stockings inside shorts.. It looks really good.. and you look like a high school student.. Very pretty..

Richa Saxena January 2, 2013 at 6:46 pm

I am loving MAC crosswires on you….looks really great on you!

Swaths January 2, 2013 at 8:49 pm

I second it. Crosswires looks lovely on you. ;) And I thought i was NC40 but now i’m confused. Cause i’m definitely a shade or two darker than you!

Chris January 2, 2013 at 10:28 pm

Mehak is usually Nc35-ish, but when she tans she’s NC40-ish.

Peachesandblush January 2, 2013 at 10:49 pm

Hehe yup..i use anything between an NC35 to an NC 42…..When i was in dubai, the MAC SA mixed together 35 and 40 and said thazt was my real shade

Swaths January 3, 2013 at 10:34 pm

ooh. That explians it! thanks. :)

shruti January 2, 2013 at 8:59 pm

Not sure if its the light Mehak but the foundation looks patchy. Also, why 2 layers? Do you need that much of the face and body foundation to get a decent coverage?

mehak January 2, 2013 at 9:38 pm

ya you do..its very sheer

mehak January 2, 2013 at 9:41 pm

hey nop its patvhy because i put a cream before it which i got an allergic reaction to. My face got all red, amd splotchy in parts. No amount of foundation could solve that!

shruti January 2, 2013 at 11:34 pm

Aww, that sucks. Hope it’s better now.

MissBoPeep January 3, 2013 at 12:07 am

Love the clutch!

Nidhi January 3, 2013 at 12:23 am

Hey Mehak! u luk so cute :) I stay in Bhopal and am already surviving with my heater ON on Max from eve to morning.. wondering how u ppl survive.. BTW i totally want those woolen stockings

TR January 3, 2013 at 11:20 am

I was expecting one obituary post on ongoing Delhi incident but sad we are so self centered people and attitude of ‘I don’t care’.
If you follow any international blogs, US bloggers had at-least showed their concern for US shooting in school , and we Indians just don’t bother what’s going around in our country rather city.

mehak January 3, 2013 at 10:06 pm

Dear TR or Aditi,
I have already done a post regarding this incident. You probably dont follow the blog closely enough..maybe you should read the Dear Santa posyt. Infact, i was the first blogger to even post that. What i choose or not choose to post is frankly my wish. You dont even know what i did for new years – that i cancelled my party plans, and just went to close knit home dinner because of this incident so i dont think you have a right to call me self centered or try to put me on a guilt trip. Did you make it to Jantar Mantar for the protest? I did. Did you go to India Gate? I did. Did i write about that on the blog? NO.

Fani January 3, 2013 at 11:30 am

hey Mehak,
looks like you have lost weight but u look really prettyy irrespective. i really love the way you have essembled your outfit. oh i want those wollen stockings as well.

gk January 3, 2013 at 12:06 pm

hey Mehak,
Very happy new year to you.. its really amazng to see how beautifully you are able to carry off this dress. excellent

IndianGlamPrincess January 3, 2013 at 8:54 pm

Oh how I love the idea of having woolen tights with fur lining! I wanna find one now!! :D

Tanya January 3, 2013 at 11:40 pm

Not a fan of the shorts-with-tights look, but I have to say the woolen tights ( I own a couple of pairs too and yes I live in delhi so I NEED them everyday :P) are a blessing!
Also, I have to thank you I raided your blog for about 2 hours before ordering lipsticks online. Im a makeup virgin (almost)
So thanks a lot for the honest and fun reviews :)

Rajasuya January 4, 2013 at 3:47 pm

Hmmmm…First of all you have quite well carried off this look…This kind of dressing is very popular in western countries but strangely in India people just wear very conventional style of dresses..I love blazer and stockings, but if I wear suppose blazer for a formal meeting to office you know what they say that I am too dressy!! Most people in India just dresses whatever comes in their way specially in south where I stay..I would actually love to dress like this and go out seriously and I did that when I was in Europe till 2010..Coming back to India I am forced to dress down rather..Because in streets I feel like a stranger when people give me that look when I even dress little more then normal.And I heartly congratualte you for dressing up well most of the time.keeping looking grt!!

mehak January 4, 2013 at 8:00 pm

Aww thanks rajsuya ya i know what u mean.
When i visit my husbands town which is hyd, i tone down my dressing a lot cos oherwise peple look at me like im crazy

Sunia January 5, 2013 at 4:26 am

Hi Mehak

Usually i like your dressing sense. But this one in particular did not appeal to me at all. I have seen girls wearing bum shorts with sheer black tights in western countries, and it really looks hot. But somehow the ensemble that you are wearing is not going well!
Happy new year.

Sunia

mehak January 5, 2013 at 3:28 pm

Hi Sunia,
Aww sorry you feel like that ! I loved it !