P&B Panel Discusses: All About Eyeliners !

by mehak on January 19, 2013

in Eyeliner, The Panel

Pbpanel4-001

The Panel has been busy with the start of the New Year, and while sipping on warm cappucino’s we got around discussing what our eyes love to wear ! Here are eyeliner recommendations from each of our panelists!

Eyeliners- hmm iv tried gel, liquid, pencil, even those felt tip pens. I had a breif love affair with  gel liners but now im back to liquid variants. Iv never been a big fan of pencil eyeliners except when i need kajals obviously…. So my favourite have to be liquid or felt tip. I love the Maybelline Hyper Glossy Eyeliners and the Loreal Superliner Instant Impact Felt Tip liner- both are very very smooth and easy to apply in one quick stroke and the tip is fine so i can change the look with ease!

Esha says ” My favourite is liquid. Tried the gel ones but i like it nice and and flowy which only the liquids give me. Revlon Fabuliner is the one i can work with the best”

Pri says “I like both liquid and gel eyeliners, though im more of a kajal kind of a girl. In liquid i just like the Lakme Insta Liner and the gel i would have to go with MAC Blacktrack! But i prefer the lakme one because its so easy to apply as well as remove!”

Sanjana says ” Liquid eyeliner i think suits me best…i use lakme’s eyeliner..you know the one thats been around for ever…in that tiny little bottle. Best out of all the ones i’ve ever tried (She means the Lakme Insta-Liner) ”

In Other News:

Priyam went to Dubai for New Years and got me a ton of  bath and body stuff which i hauled recently! She also says her aim in life now is to marry an Arab Sheikh so she can roam around the malls of Dubai all day ! :p

I have been busy with regular job related work on weekdays and watching movies on weekends. Planning to go for Les Miserables today, anyone seen it? like it? Ooh i saw ÍMpossible’ and loved it and also saw ‘Matroo ki Bijli’ and didnt like that too much!

coralcrue January 19, 2013 at 3:08 pm

oh Man, the dubai malls!! Sigh :) Lovely to know all your liner preferences. i like the lakme insta liner myself, it’s been a cult fav since years.

mehak January 19, 2013 at 10:11 pm

I think thats what indians use as teens and then just get hooked on!

Shikha January 19, 2013 at 3:17 pm

Lakme Instant liner and Revlon Fabuliner… I havn’t tried Maybelline hypergloss yet.. Marrying a Sheikh is good idea and then killos of gold that you can shop.. :-P

mehak January 19, 2013 at 10:10 pm

I know you should see the women in Dubai- every woman is billing lakhs worth of merchandise

Manu January 19, 2013 at 3:18 pm

I have a love-hate relationship with eyeliner especially black. Most of the time, I stick with kajal because eyeliner closes up my eyes and eats up my lashes :) If I have to have liner, I use the faces colored ones.
I want to go for Les Mis too…just looking for someone to go with :)

mehak January 19, 2013 at 10:12 pm

Ya i became a kajal person in between but now im back to liner. I guess kajal emphasized my dark ircles and i dont like using concealer on an everyday basis!

Karishma January 19, 2013 at 3:43 pm

I can tell for a fact that the simple lakme liner is one of the best in liquid, if you know how to work with it. Lately I have started to like a soft smudged look with liners, so have been using eyeshadows as liner.

mehak January 19, 2013 at 10:10 pm

Yeah lakme insta is a staple too!

Ikya January 19, 2013 at 4:32 pm

I’m still in my gel eyeliner phase. I like these better than liquid somehow.

mehak January 19, 2013 at 10:09 pm

Really? Yeah i used to love them but i think once i started work i just wanted something quick and hassle free

Sumathi January 19, 2013 at 5:35 pm

I used to hate liquid liners.. But now that I have learned to use them, I prefer liquid liners the most..
I also like using bright eyeshadows as eyeliners..

mehak January 19, 2013 at 10:09 pm

Ooh bright eyeshadows…thats interesting! never done that

Richa Saxena January 19, 2013 at 8:44 pm

I am loving my physicians formula gel liners…Its smooth, easy to apply and causes no irritation….

mehak January 19, 2013 at 10:08 pm

Ooh nice!

Rajvi January 19, 2013 at 11:08 pm

Even I just use the liquid liners. Eye pencils are not meant for me since I wear lenses and it’s very difficult to dab it over my lids while my lenses are still on. I’ve been using the L’oreal Superliner and love it! It’s got thin tip and is smooth and glossy just like how I want it to be.

Swati January 19, 2013 at 11:47 pm

I have never been able to get a good lie with pencil ones.
I do love my lakme insta liner too. It was my first as a teen. The only problem is it isnt water resistant. But i love the thin lines i can make with it.
And among gel ones i just got the loreal gel liner so still trying to work with it. Its great but i cant get really thin lines with it..

priya January 20, 2013 at 1:44 am

Hiya Girls,
Thanx for sharing your liners… n Sanjana the insta-liner from lakme is the one I’m using since I started doing makeup n till date I use it almost every day…there have been so many lovely liners but till date this remains my most favorite n trusted liner, also it never dries out, goes on n on n on…Love it!

Sophia January 20, 2013 at 2:56 pm

i prefer liquid liner any day but rite now im hooked on to my essence gel liner in midnight in paris(i think thats the name)-its so smooth n easy to apply n best of all its cheap :-) speaking of mall shopping i guess most arab countries are like that only-a lil birdie told me dat qatari women spend around 4000 QAR/month just on makeup!! so giv my luck to priyam ;-)

Riya January 21, 2013 at 10:27 am

Have to buy eye liner now, was mostly into kajal, since liners meant more prep time b4 wrk. But i remembr using liquid lakme eye liner back in college n it used to make me look awesome. So, on mehek’s reco – hyperglossy here i come!

Aakanksha January 22, 2013 at 10:53 pm

After much experimentation, pencil liner dipped in a gel pot.. fast and clean.