Sonakshi Sinha at the Colors Screen Awards 2013

by mehak on January 20, 2013

in Celebrity, Features

Incase you guys didnt catch a glimpse of something black, gold and metallic in the crowd at the screen awards telecast yesterday, here is what you missed out on!!! Sonakshi Sinha in a Falguni and Shane Peacock Gown!! Now thats a sight i never thought i would see!

Though I  love Falgune and Shane’s whacky over the top-feather trimmed gowns on most celebs,  this one on Sonakshi was a bit toooo Whaaa???? for me  – almost as if she would just raise her fist to the air , fly-away and star in the female version of Ra-one ! (Shahrukh are you taking notes? This could be inspiration for  the next Ra-one costume!) .  Okay if not that, then it looks like an eagle is hugging her chest from behind ! No? Neck up though, she did look lovely- i like how she always keeps her hair and makeup different everytime!

To get the same look as Sonakshi

1. Make a Golden Eagle hug your chest and neck

2, Use black kohl to line your upper and lower lash line. Smudge. Use grey eyeshadow to exend the kohl outside the outer corner.

3.Use a Peachy-Toffee colored Nude Lipstick for your skintone   such as Maybelline My Mahogany .

4.Match your blush to it, using something like Mac Blushbaby on your cheeks for a subtle hint of color!

Sumathi January 20, 2013 at 5:01 pm

I saw the award function yesterday and at home we were discussing what was she thinking.. Didn’t she look at herself in the mirror.. The dress has too much going on and it makes her look fatter..
The makeup also looked darker though here in this pic it looks ok..

Sweet&Bitter January 22, 2013 at 12:39 am

even I think the makeup is looking much better than the event

@mehek – u actually choose a good pic for her

BTW ‘hug a golden eagle’!!??!! ROFL

Manu January 20, 2013 at 5:47 pm

The dress is really edgy and would have been really awesome without the wings on the boobs. But I’m not a great fan of Sonakshi. I always feel like she’s a little too smug about everything.

mehak January 20, 2013 at 8:10 pm

I feel like either the wings and sleeves needed to go and it should have been a strapless black number with the detailing, or the bust and neck detailing could stay and the bottom should go. All of it together is just too much mish mash

Preeti Kaur January 20, 2013 at 6:19 pm

I also think this outfit is over the top and sadly Sonakshi doesn’t have the personality to carry it :( I like the makeup though ;)

Swati January 20, 2013 at 7:59 pm

I liked the makeup too :)

mehak January 20, 2013 at 8:10 pm

Yup i always like her makeup usually….
she knows what colors work for her skin

Shikha January 20, 2013 at 9:37 pm

This looks like something which is inspired by Egyptian Cleopatra dressing.. She could have added extra golden nails and all set for a fairytale VAMP… Though I really like her big black eyes with loads of kohal.. just ignore her below neck

sakhi January 20, 2013 at 9:58 pm

never expected sonakshi to wear something like this…..but indeed above the neck she looks pretty

Zee Bee January 20, 2013 at 10:01 pm

She has such a big bone structure and sharp features so i feel masculine forms and clean cuts look best on her so does flowing ghaghras. This one totally clashes with her personality. may be just wings of eagles over the bust with the taping or no wings but the other details on her waist and lower waist was enough. Too much work on the gown for her frame.

Richa Saxena January 20, 2013 at 10:18 pm

Ohh Good Lord…Reallly What was she thinking? She looks like a star wars character..Loved her makeup though…

seraphicgirl January 21, 2013 at 3:30 am

What in the world was she thinking????

Orangepinkk January 21, 2013 at 1:41 pm

That was really tacky…she’s such a beauty but totally ruined her look in such a shabby dress.

poorna@ presentedbyp January 21, 2013 at 5:16 pm

WTF was that!! However, I love the way she carries it off! the dress might be bad, but she makes it look so nice!! However, nothing can repair the Wonder-Woman look.

mehak January 21, 2013 at 6:47 pm

Yeah i agree she does manage to make it work a bit

Neeraj January 22, 2013 at 3:12 am

Sonakshi is so scary and most of the times her fashion sense is a fashion faux pas….I dont know what was her stylist thinking…she looks like an egyptian lost in india..

Rajvi Bhow January 22, 2013 at 12:43 pm

lol like your humorous take on it.. step 1 get a golden eagle to hug your chest and neck lol!

Anupam January 23, 2013 at 11:44 am

Seriously !!that was my first thought when i saw the pic…the eagle wings!!Choked on my breakfast reading the description. Laughing all by myself……..hehheheheehe!!!absolute disaster of an outfit !!makeup still ok.thanks Mehak for the dose of laughter early in the morning.

komal January 25, 2013 at 9:56 pm

I absolutely loved her choice . Someone finally went edgy . Majority of the times actresses think edgy is showing more skin but i do think if it was more structured around the waist , it would have been phenomenal .