What Did You Buy Over The Weekend?

by Mehak Shahani on January 6, 2013

in Beauty Banter, Features

I bought a ton of home stuff…like a medium sized buddha statue made in stone, a green planter to go behind buddha , and two goblets to make my dining table look pretty (This means more decor diaries coming up real quick!) .  I also bought colorbar creme touch lipstick in nude coral and i lovvee it ! Also got colorbar plum dressing nail polish which is gorrgeous !  La-La-la Happy dance ! Also bought an ink blue colored pant which i can wear to work but also double up as a casual outfit bottom!

Btw if you love P&B you may want to nominate it in the Cosmo Blog Awards

Embellished January 6, 2013 at 9:05 pm

I bought a bunch of stuff from Zara. I also subscribed for a Velvette box. Does that count? :D
Embellished recently posted..Forever 21 in Mumbai!My Profile

mehak January 6, 2013 at 9:08 pm

It counts !!! I wanna subscribe too..it seems to be more of a sustained thi8ng than the others we have seen!

Vaishnavi January 7, 2013 at 10:10 am

Ohh…I did too! and I heard back from Blisscovered that they are re-starting in June..
Vaishnavi recently posted..RIPMy Profile

Aruna January 8, 2013 at 2:27 am

Did you receive that mailer from Blisscovered? It was mighty rude of them to say that currently please check out the accessories we have online and about the beauty boxes, “we will wait for the market to appear more mature”. (Something to that end) So snooty!!
Aruna recently posted..Corallista celebrates it’s Second AnniversaryMy Profile

Vaishnavi January 8, 2013 at 11:29 am

I did…and I didnt think it was rude…but stupid. Because I wouldn’t dare put my penny into it when I am not sure of them.
Vaishnavi recently posted..RIPMy Profile

Aruna January 8, 2013 at 2:50 pm

Yeah, that too.

Magali January 7, 2013 at 4:34 pm

I subscribed too! (for three months). First time, hope it goes well!
Magali recently posted..Outfits in 2012My Profile

Vaishnavi January 8, 2013 at 3:47 pm

All the best! I hope they keep up their promises this time :)
Vaishnavi recently posted..RIPMy Profile

Kritika January 6, 2013 at 9:45 pm

Huge haul from MAC ! First over, let me add. And yes tons of things from Zara and Forever New :D

mehak January 6, 2013 at 9:52 pm

oooh what did u get from mac

Kritika January 6, 2013 at 10:01 pm

Face and body foundation, Moisture Cover concealer, Studio Finish powder and Ruby Woo lipstick. That’s a truck load of stuff for someone who went to a MAC store for the first time :P

mehak January 7, 2013 at 11:08 am

Whoa ! You realy stocked huh? How u liking everything?

Chris January 6, 2013 at 10:11 pm

I did some online shopping. I bought two tins of German Nivea, castor oil (for blackheads), and a tube of Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer in Tan. I’m trying to get shade Medium on Ebay, so I can mix the two.
Chris recently posted..Makeup Breakdowns: Nijshanaaj SudlarphaarMy Profile

mehak January 7, 2013 at 11:08 am

Ooh castor oik for blackheads …interesting tell me more!

thebengalibride January 6, 2013 at 10:34 pm

Shoes! We went shoe shopping :) I got a nice pair of golden shoes from Badgley Mischka and my friend got basic black pumps from Michael Kors!
thebengalibride recently posted..Reader’s Question : Wedding Planning in KolkataMy Profile

mehak January 7, 2013 at 11:25 am

niceee wedding shoes???

prathi January 6, 2013 at 11:01 pm

shopped a lot of things last week and got any gifts as well was a fun week and bad bank balance..
prathi recently posted..WHAT’S YOUR STORY ?My Profile

Karishma January 6, 2013 at 11:17 pm

Over the weekend.. nothing :/
Karishma recently posted..Decoding Style-2013My Profile

Deepti January 7, 2013 at 12:04 am

I got 2 pretty suits if that counts :D .. one with gota work on orange and goldish shaded base with bhandini purple chunni and one warm yellow pink winter suit and yeah i got a Eye lash curler and lip filler brush from Vega and bought Garnier BB Cream! :)

Swati January 7, 2013 at 2:39 am

Faces longwear eye pencil in metal brown and navy blue.
lakme lip love conditioner in charmer
QVS nail shiner
And lots of things to munch!

Vaishnavi January 7, 2013 at 10:14 am

I got some formal trousers and blouses for the new jeans, Maybelline BB cream, a pair of dumbells, body moisturiser, lots of socks :) and some chocolates…and ofcourse I subscribed to the Vellvette Box. I cant wait to try them all out :D
Vaishnavi recently posted..RIPMy Profile

rashmi January 7, 2013 at 11:04 am

I got L’occitane shampoo and conditioner for dry and damaged hair and a neem n saffron face cleanser from forest essentials .. grabbed a makeup remover from colorbar too !! I feel it was brilliant idea for colorbar to set up independent kiosks as um sure the sales have gone way up coz of that !!! way to go ! :)

sparkles_pink January 7, 2013 at 11:43 am

i got my new suit from jaipur, that i’d ordered a while ago … it is Gorgeousssss :)
sparkles_pink recently posted..The Body Shop hand cleanse gel: ReviewMy Profile

Fani January 7, 2013 at 12:08 pm

i got 2 Maybelline color show nailpolishes in orange and fluroscent green and did some nail art with it too. haha. i also bought 2 tops from forever 21. i bought the 14 hour lipstic from Maybelline but i am not really liking it.

Sophia January 7, 2013 at 1:06 pm

Over the weekend nothing….but last week i finally got hold of a pretty something on my lust list- the Bourjois Rouge Edition Shade 14….

Akanksha January 7, 2013 at 1:11 pm

Burt’s Bees lip balm!! Finally :D

Vaishnavi January 8, 2013 at 11:30 am

Its awesome girl!! Which one did you get??
Vaishnavi recently posted..RIPMy Profile

Akanksha January 8, 2013 at 12:19 pm

I got the tinted one in Hibiscus :)

shuchi January 7, 2013 at 3:07 pm

Woolen Gloves

Shikha January 7, 2013 at 3:50 pm

Winter shopping – sale going on :-)… Overcoat, woolen leggings, scarfs.. Its freezing in Delhi… Uhhhh, I don’t want to step out of home
Shikha recently posted..Giveaway- 100 Post CompletionMy Profile

sweetashoney January 7, 2013 at 4:19 pm

boujois healthy mix foundation, 3d gloss and mascara!
sweetashoney recently posted..WordPress.com: Our Labor of Love — 2012 in ReviewMy Profile

Rashmi January 7, 2013 at 4:27 pm

Hey Embellished !
I ordered a Velvette Box too ! Same Pinch :)

Vaishnavi January 8, 2013 at 11:31 am

Same pinch :D
Vaishnavi recently posted..RIPMy Profile

ID January 7, 2013 at 5:25 pm

shopping at zara and received revlon mascara and silk scarves..yayy
ID recently posted..KARL LAGERFELD : marie claire InterviewMy Profile

Pratha January 7, 2013 at 6:56 pm

Cutesy makeup kit from Sephora, underwear from La Senza, fur collar from Promod and a Mac concealer for my dark circles..!!!
still looking for boots and friday dressing sweaters… any suggestions?!?!?!

Aruna January 8, 2013 at 2:53 pm

Steve Madden and Nine West. Both have sales on now and the markdowns are really cool too :)

Ansh@Vanity No Apologies January 7, 2013 at 6:57 pm

i got a umm…body wash! :P
Ansh@Vanity No Apologies recently posted..Another Forever 21 in Delhi?My Profile

azra January 7, 2013 at 7:25 pm

huge haul frm m.a.c :) 4 blushes dollymix, spring sheen, peaches, dame(cosmo wasnt avlble n it ws realy prety pink wd blue undertone) and mac midi mauve lipstick
got maybeline lipstick in coral lustre( nyc shade bt summer shade n i bought it in ths weathr lol)
n maybeline colosal mascara. . .
P.s. :) inspired by ur recomendations <3 <3

Avina January 7, 2013 at 8:08 pm

Me too! Ordered a Velvette box! Eagerly waiting for it! let’s see what this one’s like before I order the 3 or 6 month subscription.
Also got a Faces Longwear pencil in eye Solid Black. It’s the blackest pencil and smudge proof.

Nitya January 8, 2013 at 4:20 pm

Hey Avina
can you let me know what stuff came in the velvette box, I almost ordered one but din go ahead, So I am a lil curious if its worth it.
Nitya recently posted..One Step at a time: My footwear Collection and buying shoes online.My Profile

Avina January 8, 2013 at 9:42 pm

Hi Nitya,

This will be my first Velvette Box too! I wanted to get the three month subscription as its almost a 100 rupee saving @1099 for 3 months prepaid.

But I thought I’d better order one and see if I like the contents of it before signing up for three months…hv read quite a few posts on the Dec Velvette box n contents seem to be decent. so fingers crossed!! Am ok if even if I get my money’s worth…

Deepti January 7, 2013 at 8:23 pm

same here. I subscribed for vellvette box for 3 months :)
Also, I bought one top in shimmery purple color , perfect for parties
Deepti recently posted..Revlon SkinLights Face Illuminator Lotion ReviewMy Profile

Ruchi Jain January 7, 2013 at 9:44 pm

MAC Russian Red, Hidesign bag, Zara pants and shorts… :-)

komal January 7, 2013 at 10:07 pm

I didnt get anything :/ but its fun reading everyone’s comments . Oh economy ! don’t women make you go round and round ;)
komal recently posted..Come with me to SEPHORA,Delhi (Video)My Profile

Rajvi Bhow January 7, 2013 at 10:09 pm

I bought a Loreal True match blush, tender berry lipstick and maybelline color tattoo eyeshadow for this wedding season.

Have reviewed them all in my blog
Rajvi Bhow recently posted..A luxuriously affordable honeymoon in BaliMy Profile

Sandhya January 7, 2013 at 11:26 pm

What is that elusive Velvette Box everyone is talking about?

Aruna January 8, 2013 at 2:34 am

It is a beauty box service, They send you 3-4 ‘luxury’ beauty products every month and is based on a first come-first serve subscription based system. It’s the first one in India to brave through a quarter which is why everyone’s excited and pinning their hopes on other beauty boxes coming home. Check it out here http://vellvette.com/products/the-vellvette-box

Aruna January 8, 2013 at 2:31 am

Shoes!!! Steve Madden didn’t have anything in my size :( so the sister bought me these really smart tan loafers from Scholl to cheer me up :D Picked up the Park Avenue beer shampoo too. The Revlon Flex shampoo and conditioners were finally available online, so those; a Revlon lip butter and lipstick and Argan oil *finally*! And a box of donuts too :D:D

Vaishnavi January 8, 2013 at 11:33 am

Argan oil..which one?? Me wants…
Vaishnavi recently posted..RIPMy Profile

Aruna January 8, 2013 at 2:48 pm

The one from FX. But I’m not pinning any high hopes on it. Argan oil is way down in the list of ingredients :(

Vaishnavi January 8, 2013 at 3:50 pm

Damn damn!! I want one of those pure ones *eyes open*
Vaishnavi recently posted..RIPMy Profile

Shriya January 8, 2013 at 2:24 pm

Did some winter shopping at pantaloons
Shriya recently posted..Valentino Glam Lock Small Bag Rocks An Evening OutMy Profile

Nitya January 8, 2013 at 4:18 pm

I bought 2 lipsticks one from Maybelline- Yummy plummy and another from Lakme enrich satin 423 they are to be delivered today, cant wait, and i am hoping I am not disappointed.

Sukanya January 8, 2013 at 7:12 pm

Haven’t bought anything yet.. but am planning tons over next weekend ! :) Do the lippi review :)
Sukanya recently posted..My Bridal Diary : Update Time !My Profile

P January 9, 2013 at 11:53 am

Hmmn…I bought 2 wall-clocks(Got one to gift someone,fell in love, n got meself one too),2 neck-pieces from an exhibition,an arm-party- cluster,a moisturizer….and a huge Plum cake(2kgs…Gluttony is my sin of choice)…n I still have this INR 1000 worth of coupons from Shoppersstop,which’ll soon be converted to products in my vanity.

Super love your Decor Diaries…looking forward to the new additions in your place….