5 Great Red Lipsticks for Warmer Skintones !

by Mehak Shahani on February 8, 2013

in Features, Fridaysfive, Lipsticks

red-lipstick-warm-skintones

If you are warm toned and  between medium to dark, i think you always view reds as either ‘Clown lips’ , or those unattainable kind of colors that only the hollywood actresses can carry off ! Well lady-clowns, here are some reds to turn you into those hollywood actresses, because all of these reds are super flattering on warm skin tones !  Click on each lipstick name to go into individual reviews.

1. Mac Scarlet Ibis Lipstick : This is probably my favourite red lipstick at this point of time, but im fickle so it can change! An Orange toned red that is bright but not neon and is still super flattering on warmer skintones. Grab it with the latest Mac Marilyn Monroe Collection.

2.Mac Ruby Woo Lipstick: Ruby Woo is probably a cult favourite after Russian Red , and i can see why. While the formula is way too dry for me, there is no denying that this is a true red that is probably flattering on everyone. It doesnt have that icy cool tone of Russian Red and it isnt an orange red either. Its just a great, true red so its much more wearable

3.Mac Viva Glam 1 Lipstick: Viva Glam is a retro red ! Its a more muted , deeper lipstick than the others, so it has these older woman, sophisticated  vibe to it. Think Old Hollywood glamour, with a deeper red lip, and you have yourself Viva Glam 1. This is a nice option for darker girls who dont want to wear a bright red.

4.Colorbar Lip Liner in True Red: K so its not a lipstick, but nobodys stopping you to use it as one , specially because its non drying. This is a beautiful true red, its not too bright, and not too dark and sits right in the middle of red good-ness that looks really really great on warm skintones. Its a nice way to ease into wearing red because its not ultra bright and you can sheer this out pretty easily.

5. Lakme Enrich Lip Color 352 : Lakme Enrich is a great budget option for those of you who want a nice red lipstick but not spend a bomb on it.  The color flatters Indian skintones a lot, and its a lovely cherry tint that looks beautiful!

Pratha February 8, 2013 at 7:26 pm

Viva Glam-1 is my staple Red Lipstick…The first Mac lipstick I owned.. and one that’ll probably never finish!! ;)

MissBoPeep February 8, 2013 at 10:49 pm

Yep yep mine too :) I wear it full on , or sometimes as a stain too. Its the red lipstick!
MissBoPeep recently posted..Review – The Body Shop – Mini Brush kitMy Profile

Sukanya February 8, 2013 at 7:27 pm

Viva Glam n Colorbar lip liner would be my pick from all of these. Also for beginners in red lippy..Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Candy Apple is a great shade :)
Sukanya recently posted..Aroma Magic Lavender Face Wash ReviewMy Profile

sampda February 8, 2013 at 7:30 pm

what about mac pro longwear prolong?

Tanmayee February 8, 2013 at 7:38 pm

I have ruby woo and Vg1….love both, but ruby woo more……. :)
Tanmayee recently posted..Romantaque Hair Minimizing Lotion ReviewMy Profile

Embellished February 8, 2013 at 8:18 pm

I have Viva Glam 1 and I love it! It’s so classy. :D
Embellished recently posted..All About Books: Ink Exchange by Melissa MarrMy Profile

Nivedita February 8, 2013 at 9:21 pm

Ruby Woo and lakme! This space is looking so lively and vibrant!
Nivedita recently posted..I added some glitter in my life with Colorbar Glitterati Top CoatMy Profile

Richa Saxena February 8, 2013 at 9:32 pm

I loved this post! I liked Ruby Woo from the lot! These are some great options for the Red Lips…..
Richa Saxena recently posted..MAC Lustre Finish Lipstick See Sheer; Reviews & SwatchesMy Profile

renisha February 8, 2013 at 9:51 pm

Mac Scarlet is just wow!
Sexii lips BTW :)
renisha recently posted..Oriflame Bloggers MeetMy Profile

Orangepink February 8, 2013 at 10:29 pm

OMG!!!!! These r sooo pretty
Orangepink recently posted..Sabyasachi’s Feminist ManifestoMy Profile

Jharna February 9, 2013 at 3:39 am

If your new to red lips and are scared you can try these two:

1. Mac Ladybug (not super pigmented as its a lustre)
2. Illasmasqua Succubus Lipgloss (most pigmented lipgloss ever- very long lasting) and you can sheer it out

Vineetha February 9, 2013 at 10:44 am

Mehak! Lovely compilation.. Charmed I’m sure and Deeply adored also works really really well.
Vineetha recently posted..MAC Brow finisher in Clear – Marilyn Monroe CollectionMy Profile

Shikha February 9, 2013 at 11:02 am

Beautiful shades, :-) I really want to have one for myself.
Shikha recently posted..Give Away- Valentine WeekMy Profile

Rajvi Bhow February 9, 2013 at 11:10 am

I have colobar shy cherry which is a pinkish red and lakme absolute classic rose..have heard so much abt mac ruby woo but i first got get done with these two lipsticks..
Rajvi Bhow recently posted..Zumbaaaaa!! My favourite workout!My Profile

Ikya February 10, 2013 at 2:05 pm

Ruby Woo has to be mine! It’s the most gorgeous red on earth! :P Oh that and So Chaud is my orange red!
Ikya recently posted..And The Maybelline Contest Winner Is…My Profile

Nidhi February 10, 2013 at 2:53 pm

I love all those posts that are for warmer skin tones :):)
Nidhi recently posted..Health Tip No 7My Profile