Clinique Eyeshadow & Blush Pallette Review
Guest Post by Swastika
My friend from the US gifted me this Clinique palette and since this is the first time I was using a Clinique makeup product , i was really excited!
The palette contains:
- Soft pressed powder blush in Pink Blush
- Color surge eye shadow duo in two shades
Light shade – Blackberry frost
Dark shade – stay matte
The blush is very subtle- its a very soft, barely there baby pink. On my NC 40 medium skin tone is doesnt really show up, it just provides a subtle sheen on the cheek. The blush will work best on paler skin tones, anyone with medium or darker skin wont really enjoy the color payoff.
The eyeshadows are of very average quality- in terms of pigmentation and longevity both. The lighter shade Blackberry frost is a frosty lavendar and can be used as a highlighter. The dark shade is supposed to be a matte black, but mostly ends up looking grey because of the low color intensity. The color payoff for both infact is strictly average. The staying power is about 3 hours, which again is very average, though the shadows are smooth in the sense that there is no powdery fallout. Overall I can say that it did not live up to my expectations of the brand Clinique.
Pros of Clinique Eyeshadow & Blush Pallette
- Portable for travel, Compact and easy to carry
- For everyday, subtle makeup this is nice- specially if you are pale or cool toned.
Cons of Clinique Eyeshadow & Blush Pallette
- Pigmentation not good at all. The eyeshadows have very average pigmentation
- Staying power very average for blush and eyeshadow pallette
- The colors may not work well with warmer skin tones.
Overall verdict : B-
Recommendation: The Clinique Eyeshadow & Blush Pallette is a portable, travel friendly pallette of two eyeshadows and a baby pink blush. The pigmentation of all three products is very average, specially the eyeshadows dont yield true to pan color . The lasting power is average as well- which is a dissapointment from a brand of the stature of Clinique.