P&B Real Brides: Meet Malika!

by mehak on February 11, 2013

in Real Brides

Meet Malika

A Delhi-Mumbai Hybrid girl as she calls herself and one of the most radiant, and happy brides iv seen to date , who seems to have had one big party at her destination wedding in Goa. Steering clear from over embellished, heavy bridal wear, Malika chose simple, on trend outfits that fit her Goa  wedding to the T !

So Whats The Story with you are Tarun?  Love or Arranged?

So Tarun is a desi guy, but he had been in Dubai 8 years nearly, and then was asked to move to Mumbai to set up their India office. Other than setting up his office, Tarun was also on another mission simultaneously! To find him self a nice coy Punjabi girl!… I think he went through a fair share of set up meeting, and then somehow, it was time for us to meet. Set up through  the most random way- he emailed me, (his first level of check, to see if I qualify the written test!!!) much to his surprise, I wrote a long essay in response, telling him all about me! Then was the second level of test (a phone conversation)… all this while the naive me didn’t for the life of me figure out that here- im being evaluated! Post that we decided to meet up for dinner and drinks. I just thought it would be an interesting proposition, so lets just go for the fun of it. We met, we ate, we drank, and then comes this due while I was at dinner with Mr T asking me for my number, and if he could take me out… I almost didn’t know how to react, as this seldom happened on my single dates! Anyhow T was a charming banker boy, well rounded, polished, educated and travelled and we had a fair share in common, so the reason for exchanging BBM pins was to help him find a puppy!

So Why Goa? Just for Fun or did it have a special meaning?

So we got engaged in Muscat, taruns hometown and our first holiday together was shortly there after to Goa. We stayed at the Alila Diwa and before we checked out of the hotel 2 days later, we knew we wanted to get married there. It was just in fun that tarun said lets get married in Goa… and like I said earlier (I didn’t have any specific plans) or dreamt of getting married a certain way at a certain place, so this sounded like a pleasant thought, and we went ahead with it, with no further questions asked.

Tell Us About Your Outfits

Shopping for me was the easiest. No never-ending rounds, no last min chaos!

For the Mehendi : I wore an Anamika khanna suit clubbed with a Nidhi Tholia jacket for the Mehdni. In Delhi, saw this plain solid yellow anarkali from anamika, love at first sight. On the spot decided to make our mehndi theme Yellow, and a Mela look. But didn’t quite like the suit as it was. It was full sleeve and it had like a big, big offwhite dupatta, that took away the vibrant-nes of the yellow away. So mom and me decided to tweak the outfit our way. We pulled off the sleeves, took it back home, sat and thought what to add on to it, went to an exhibition, where nIdhi Tholia a friend and a famous jaipur based designer was show casing, saw this jacket on her rack, told her I loved it and just got it home to try it with my sit, and there it was a perfect outfit.

mehendi-anarkali-bride-1 mehendi-anarkali-bride

For the sangeet  (Not Shown Here): I wore a red abu jani gotta lehenga. I saw it way back in May, again in Delhi!!! And I knew I wanted it, but that time it was just to early to buy it. So it was on hold for a long while, they were very gracious, sent it to Mumbai for me to see again, and then finally, over a family conference at their store we bought it. It was what I really wanted to wear. the BEST PART ABOUT THE LEHENGA WAS THAT IT WAS FEATHER LIGHT. I feel I could roll it up into a little sleeping bag size. So good to wear. But on the blouse again we had our 2 bits of feedback to add in. So the designer and we worked out a blouse, different from what was with this lehenga. I really appreciate the customising they did. I was most glad wearing it.

For The Wedding: It was a salmon pink net lehenga sari by Anamika Khanna, with a red blouse. Most People were not convinced about me wearing a lehenga sari, and thought it would be too light for my own function, but it was a beach wedding, and I knew it would be perfect for me- keeping all parameters in mind! The silver dori work on it made it look stately and delicate, and the red blouse and the add on dupatta completed the bridal look to the outfit. I have to admit, I got the can can petticoat made for my lehenga sari, to give it that flounce, and the lehenga look. Infact we got excessive can can petticoat done, and I enjoyed the whole fluffy look. Along with it, we got an additional dupatta, which mom and me worked on, got it dyed and found a beautiful border to go along with the silver chord work.

In LOVE with your makeup. Who was the genius who decided to just give you a kitten flick and peachy lip for the wedding?
 Make up artist: our make up artist was Sanjib Majumdar. He mostly does add film shoots and other bolly wood related shoots. I doubt if he is a very known name, but i got to know of him from my closest frd. What was amazing about him, was that he got to know my style very early on. So the make up was just apt, nothing too over the top even for the wedding. Although he did give me an entirely different look for the Sangeet, but he was good over all. very friendly and comfortable to deal with.

Who shot all these stunning photographs? They seemed to have captured the fun , the masti and your emotions so well!!!

We had 2 photographers cover our wedding. Payal  Kumar was one of them who shot these pictures , and the other photographer was a candid photographer from Goa. Both the photographers together worked up a magic. There was not a single element of our wedding that was not captured by our trigger happy photographers. Payal was was more of a friend  than a photographer. I think what i enjoyed the most about our wedding photos and the process, was that there was not a single moment where Tarun and me stood with plastic smiles on our faces, for that matter we didnt even pose in front of the camera. We were just free stylinging all thru! To see more of Payals Work go here: Payal’s All Things Nice

thevowsandbeyond February 11, 2013 at 9:49 am

Love her creativity!! The blue jacket really did make the colours pop!!! Love the wedding lehenga – her look is very personalized – super bride!

Orangepink February 11, 2013 at 9:58 am

Beautiful Bride and her mehendi outfit is soo pretty. Loved her outfit selection .

MissBoPeep February 11, 2013 at 10:46 am

What a lovely bride ! I love her confidence. I havent seen any bride so relaxed and enjoying herself so much. I also like the clarity she had from her shopping to makeup on the day. Like the post!! Kudos!

Ikya February 11, 2013 at 11:02 am

Good Lord! You look absolutely stunning Malika! Just a kitten flick and peachy lips look so great! I feel most MUAs go overboard with makeup for the bride (becacuse she’s supposed to look all grand and unlike the rest of the gorgeous sisters/ friends. But who’s to say what’s less?) and a lot of brides end up looking nothing like their real self on their wedding and in the pictures! Meis van der Rohe was right when he said ‘Less is more’ and ‘God is in the details’!

Shruti February 11, 2013 at 11:34 am

Smitten by the Radiance on her face and all the beautiful photographs. Lovely.

Neha February 11, 2013 at 11:46 am

I love the photographer- love how there is so much action packe dinto a photograph. How much does she charge Mehak?? Any idea?

mehak February 11, 2013 at 11:47 am

Hi Neha,
Why dont you get in touch with her through her facebook page linked above? She will be able to guide you better. Or you could email her at mail@payalkumar.com

Payal February 11, 2013 at 11:53 pm

Hi Neha,
Please connect with me on mail@payalkumar.com if you wish :)

Rajvi Bhow February 11, 2013 at 1:32 pm

her skin is soo radiant..shes literally glowing in her pictures.. wish we got to see the sangeet outfit.

Payal February 11, 2013 at 11:52 pm

Rajvi here it is ..check this link https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.293267277445221.57888.117430038362280&type=3 you will get to see the Sangeet Lengha which was gorgeous done by Abu Jani Sandeep Khosla’s team :)

Ash February 11, 2013 at 7:30 pm

That wedding lehenga is stunning! So different and so beautiful!

Tanya Appachu February 11, 2013 at 7:57 pm

Malika! totally lurrrve your outfits.. and you look so happy and radiant.. and so chilled like you at a fren’s wedding and not yours.. I actually saw your wedding pix in weddingsutra too.. i love the tikka and earrings you wearing on your Mehendi.. and i guess there was a pic of your Mother too ( Im guessing its your mother cause she looked so much like you) loved the earrings on her .. Please tell me where you picked them from.. Ive been looking for something in the similar lines everywhere !

Richa Saxena February 11, 2013 at 8:28 pm

I loved your lehenga & your makeup!! You make such a radiant bride…Congratulations Malika!

Crazy Indian Bride February 11, 2013 at 9:54 pm

Love the lehenga! so fresh and pretty! and your eye makeup is so different from what you usually see!

Love the pic. where your twirling (at ur mehendi I think)

Sukanya February 11, 2013 at 10:02 pm

Malika… loved all your outfits! the makeup is perfect! just what i want actually <3

Shikha February 11, 2013 at 10:06 pm

Such a lively and beautiful bride.. I am sure your smile is so beautiful that people will not pay much attention to your dress. I like color combination of red and peach…

vineetha February 12, 2013 at 7:03 pm

I loved the first collageof photos. Stunning!

abhi February 12, 2013 at 7:41 pm

wowww what a pretty bride and what a gorgeous wedding…congratulations

sak February 13, 2013 at 4:33 pm

loved every bit of…ur make up was stunning

Priyamvada February 15, 2013 at 8:49 pm

whoaaaa …… *_*
she is so lovely!!
jz loving her mehndi attire…super gorgeous..!!

beingpretty February 17, 2013 at 1:20 pm

I love how gorgeous you look Malika!!
And Mehak..I LOVE LOVE LOVE P&B Real Brides!! :D <3

Pukhraj Neogi July 9, 2013 at 4:37 pm

Hi u r wedding pics r really beautiful. Just wanted to know from where did u buy ur polki set. It’s stunning

Swati July 18, 2013 at 12:24 pm

The bride looks great but I am in love with the decor and the lovely themes. Any idea about who the wedding decorator/ planner is??

Ankita Singh October 8, 2013 at 2:38 pm

You look soooo much like Sushma Reddy! In fact like a much prettier, lovelier, happier cousin of hers :)
I really love your wedding dress and your make-up. Even I want a kitten-flick for my wedding and when I asked the MUA during the trial she was surprised! Said that brides normally don’t do flicks, but I insisted and it looked lovely (on half of my face :P)
I absolutely love how radiant you look on your haldi and your wedding and totally love your yellow and blue anarkali! Beautiful radiant, real bride and lovely outfits :-)