Revlon Just Bitten Balm Stain Review
While the name may lead you to believe that these are makeup products for Vampires , or for girlfriends of Vampires rather (Just Bitten?) you need not worry. Bella and Edward have absolutely nothing to do with the Revlon Just Bitten Balm Stains (Thank god for that, i cant take anymore of Twilight). Nope, these are for mere mortals like you and me to pamper , and slather our lips with. Just a good old fashioned lip stain with a chubby butt . Cuh-yooot!
Revlon Claims ” It’s a pampering balm fused with a lightweight lip stain in an adorable chubby crayon. Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain gives softer, smoother lips with a perfect flush of color that lasts hour after hour. The gel formula comes in 12 vibrant shades that match any look or mood.
-Lightweight Lipstain + Moisturizing Balm
-100% of women who tried it felt their lips were instantly moisturized with a soft stain of color
-Retractable chubby crayon, no sharpener required”
Lets get down to business. Here is the good about the Revlon Balm Stain
- This one called smitten is sort of like a muted magenta. A plummy, deep berry pink that’s really pretty!
- Pigmentation is really nice actually. It gave good coverage and almost seemed like the pigmentation of Mac Lustre Lipsticks. In terms of pigment i thought these were ten times better than Clinique Chubby Sticks
- Love the stained, soft look they give. They really do look like lip stains, soft and smooth without looking like you are obviously wearing goop on your lips.
- They last a decent amount of time. I don’t expect things like Balm Stains to last the whole day anyway, but the fact that i get four hours from them is more than enough.
- I think there is something for everyone in the colors launched
- The packaging is so cute. These little chubby lip pencils i can never have enough of ok. Theyr like my little chubby children – i need them around me all the time!
Here is the bad
- They definitely are not as moisturizing as a balm should be. Clinique Chubby sticks are much more moisturizing than these. I cant call them drying exactly, and when you first apply them you do feel like they moisturize, but after about half an hour you do need more moisture. I definitely wont categorise them into a lip balm category
- Sometimes they stain a bit unevenly, which i dont really have a problem with. But if you are a nitpicker then hey! you may not like that.
Random fact: These smell and feel really minty on the lips! Its like you rubbed some polo on the lips, except these dont have a hole, oh and you cant eat them. Duh.
Price: Rs 600/-
Recommendation: Whether you love or hate these Revlon Just Bitten Balm Stains depends on what you expect from it. If you want a straight up super moisturizing lip balm, these are not for you as they dont have that lip balm level of moisturization that lasts. However if you are on the lookout for a lightweight product that gives a soft stained effect, comes in some gorgeous colors with good pigmentation , and is not drying like stains can be then these may be your cup of tea!
Subscribe Updates, Its FREE!