What’s in Your Everyday Carry Bag?

by mehak on February 6, 2013

in Beauty Banter, Features

I carry extremely little…my brothers keep making fun of me of how im not a girl because i never have wet wipes or tissues in my bag or safety pins and stuff like that :p . I carry  a hand sanitiser, a lipgloss(Right now i have two- revlon papaya which is a staple and mac cremesheen in floating lotus), my keys , my wallet, sunglasses and thats about it. Theres a lot of junk in there always because of receipts and paper but valuable stuff is pretty rare

Preetha February 6, 2013 at 12:04 pm

compact,lippie,sunglass,wet wipes,wallet,mobile..n a stole..:)

mehak February 6, 2013 at 12:08 pm

nice ! a stole ! i need that because of my office’s fluctuating temp

Gunjan February 6, 2013 at 12:06 pm

I keep a small vanity kit which has a mascara, kajal, lip balm, make up remover, eye liner, cotton… then I have my sunglasses, nail polish remover, a red nail polish, moisturiser, hand sanitizer, safety pins, a pack of tissues, double mint chewing gum, a small mirror and fevi quick apart from the usual cards and cash. And yes, mostly it also has the novel I am reading. Currently there is Vikram Seth’s ‘A Suitable Boy’… I guess my handbag must weigh around 3-4 kgs! Lol! :D

Gunjan February 6, 2013 at 12:09 pm

Aaahhh yes, I also keep a first aid kit (just in case!) and some clutchers and scrunchies!

mehak February 6, 2013 at 12:11 pm

WHOAAA!! lol you carry your whole world around !!! i cant believe you have a nil polish and a remover lol ! and fevi quick !!!! why fevi quick? incase shoes get broken and stuff?

Gunjan February 6, 2013 at 12:16 pm

Yep… one should always be prepared for nail polish emergencies! Hehehe… ! Once the sole of my new footwear came off the moment I reached offc… since then I’ve started keeping a Fevi quick. :D

shruti February 7, 2013 at 2:21 am

That novel is the size and weight of a brick! :D

MissBoPeep February 6, 2013 at 12:24 pm

Let me write what I see in my bag right now.
Wallet, foldable bag, scarf (for those airy auto rides), hairbrush, lipstick, compact mirror,lip blam, keys, sun glasses, mini wallet for all my loyalty cards, miniature perfume, notebook, pen, mobile,hand sanitizer, band aids, mint.
Well that’s pretty much the list :)
Yeah I like to carry my world with me.

Shikha February 6, 2013 at 12:29 pm

I have a Kama lip balm, Himalaya 15ml face wash, ponds tiny cold creme @ Rs 5, 2 liners- black and brown, MAC Mehar, Lakme Aquashine-Coral, comb, Sunglasses, wallet, sanitary napkin, scarf, clutch and rubber bands.
I just realize that its too much :-P
I keep pair of extra slippers and a warm stole in office drawer :-)

Gayatri February 6, 2013 at 12:50 pm

I carry Kara Wet wipes, Himalaya Lip balm, tiny comb from Vega, few chocolates, safety pins.,,and yeah, sometimes a deo too..

Rajvi Bhow February 6, 2013 at 12:51 pm

I know! some girls carry their entire world around with them.. I also, carry a lot of “what if” things.. you know things like safety pins sanitary napkins that elp you in the “what if ” situations..

Besides that there is a hand sanitizer, safety pins, my lip balm, my keys and obviously wallet.

Krithi February 6, 2013 at 12:58 pm

I have atleast 5-6 lipgloss+lipsticks ,lipbalm,wipes,compact powder,comb,sanitazer,wallet ,sunglass,keys,passport photographs,mint,ear plugs,ipod,iphone charger etc …I know i have whole lot of stuff in my handbag :P

Priti February 6, 2013 at 1:17 pm

Credit Cards, Cash, i lip balm, Revlon Soft Rose, YSL lip gloss and some emergency medicines…
I am totally paranoid about not haveing emergency medicines with me so i always carry 1 crocin, and digestive tablets. The funny part is i rarely need them :)

Gayatri February 6, 2013 at 1:29 pm

I carry Kara Wet wipes, Himalaya Lip balm, tiny comb from Vega, few chocolates, safety pins, sanitary napkins and yeah, sometimes a deo too..

priyanka February 6, 2013 at 1:31 pm

Ikya February 6, 2013 at 1:31 pm

You know, most of the time I don’t carry a bag at all! Which is why you’ll find almost everything in my car or on me. Money in one pocket. Lipbalm/ gloss in the other/. A packet of the sanitizer covered single tissue in my back pocket that makes a noise when I sit, but I roll with it. Gum/ mint in my mouth, Sunglasses on my head/ face. phone- hand.
When I do carry a bag, there’s my wallet with the license, id, club membership, money and cards. Always 3 of the club’s library cards (I’m ancient. yes) Passport size photos (never know when you’d need them) Sanitizer, Lipstick/gloss, small bottle of perfume (usually EA Green tea the small one or TBS body mists/ love etc( sturdy bottle, wont break and even if it does, it’s quite inexpensive) bandaid (because I always need one!) & mint. Phone in hand and sunglasses on my head still. Ya, that’s about it. So of all the girly things, only lipstick and perfume! and sanitary napkins (around the time) :P

mehak February 6, 2013 at 2:11 pm

Heh i used to be like that. The concept of bag was alien to me, thn when i started work i was like okay i need a bag!
Oh i carry passport size photos too inside my wallet too..super useful

priyanka February 6, 2013 at 1:32 pm

Compact,Lipstick- MAC Mehr, MAC lipgloss C thru, Maybelline BB cream,Wet wipes, safety pins,moisterizer,pen, credit cards, stole,comb

Nandini February 6, 2013 at 1:34 pm

Okay, I have : a compact,eyeconic kajal,lip balm,lip gloss,hand sanitizer,tissues,sunscreen,comb,scrunchies,safety pins,wallet,keys,sunglasses,sanitary napkin and some gum.. :P

Marathi Weddings February 6, 2013 at 1:58 pm

A Vega comb, Fab India lemon intensive hand cream, Nivea lip balm, soft tissues and regulars (Wallet, phone, charger, etc)

Shreya February 6, 2013 at 2:07 pm

Wallet , ipad , cell ph, tinted lip balm, keys, stole , sunglass, wet wipes, concealer stick and bourjois compact powder. That’s it :)

Orangepink February 6, 2013 at 2:46 pm

Money, lip balm, tissues, sweets or a chocolate bar and sunglasses.. N my iphone

mehak February 6, 2013 at 4:39 pm

Sweets or chocolate bar’
sweet tooth huh

Orangepink February 6, 2013 at 5:51 pm

You got it right mehak… I have a giant sweet tooth:)

swastika February 6, 2013 at 5:13 pm

wallet, visiting card holder, keys, a small makeup pouch with a lipstick, lipgloss and lip balm, compact, colossal kajal. a hair burush, sunglasses, wet wipes, pen and notepad, sanitary napkins..
phew thats a lot i think..
my work drawer has dry fruits, perfume and deo too!

Nithya February 6, 2013 at 6:40 pm

Wallet, Perfume – paco rabanne ultraviolet, lip balm, a small pouch with lip liner, lip goss, kajal, mascara, loreal gel liner (black), wet wipes, tissue, PP photos, husband and my ID proof,band aids, moisturizer, moov spray (for any aches/pain and self defence :P )
Thats one huge bag :P

poorva February 6, 2013 at 5:58 pm

i carry some wet wipes, sanitary napkin, kajal, lip balm, compact, lens case, paper soap and sanitiser!

Shilpi February 6, 2013 at 6:25 pm

Aftr reading ths mch i totally forgot abt my bag.. I evn dnt knw y i carry a bag. So mch to learn 4m u all..

Shilpi February 6, 2013 at 6:29 pm

Baba re!! I m ashamed literally..
My eyes r so widely open rt nw tht they wl tear apart pakkaaaa..

Swati February 6, 2013 at 7:36 pm

Stole, comb, lip balm, sanitiser, notepad, paper, earphones, pen. And a bottle of water if i remember to fill it

Chris February 6, 2013 at 7:52 pm

I think I have about 15 lip products (don’t laugh, I have a serious problem!), my wallet, keys, cell phone, blotting papers, a small mirror, tissues and a detritus of receipts and papers.

Shikha February 7, 2013 at 12:58 pm

hahahhha, mini lips vanity case… :-) 15 wow

Ruchi February 6, 2013 at 9:10 pm

Now I live next to my office, so dont need a bag. :) Earlier I used to carry my whole world in it – Moisturiser, Sunscreen, Mascara, lipstick, lip balm, eye drops, a packet of biscuit, perfume, cards (visiting and others), a water bottle.

Anu February 6, 2013 at 9:10 pm

Charger (most imp. for stupid big screened smartphones)
tissues
body mist
lip balm
lip gloss / lip stick … shade depends on wat i m wearing
phone
hair brush
wallet

hate carrying heavy bags around………so I keep it as light as I can

mehak February 6, 2013 at 11:30 pm

Oh gosh …charger..thats one thing i need to remember man.
Im always out of battery and it pisses the hell out of everyone around me!

Ruchi February 6, 2013 at 9:11 pm

And yes my diary… :)

Richa Saxena February 6, 2013 at 9:38 pm

I carry a makeup pouch – gel liner, eyebrow powder, compact, a lipgloss, lipstick, wallet, mirror and a book..These days its secret of the nagas…

Preeti Kaur February 6, 2013 at 10:08 pm

2 lip glosses, Lush it started with a kiss, lipstick, blotting paper, tissues, wet wipes, comb, compact, retractable kabuki and wallet of course :P

Cherry February 6, 2013 at 10:31 pm

TBS comb, TBS body mist, Johnsons baby powder, 3 lip balms (lakme lip love/vaseline cocoa butter lip therapy/neutrogena lip balm), 4 lippies (two corals from Maybelline/Mac hug me/Maybelline my mahogany)…ummm yes mac studio fix compact, maybelline colossal kajal, a hand sanitizer, wet wipes….hair pins, safety pins, hand cream, passport size pics, important id proofs, walllet, pens, keys and yes last but not the least a durga chalisa :) n yes on second thoughts i need a bigger bag now :)

Sukanya February 6, 2013 at 11:04 pm

well yea..i keep it pretty neat too.. just a lip balm and a liipie(only if I am wearing one)..and other staples like wallet, cellphone,a small bottle of water,keys. dats it.

Zee Bee February 6, 2013 at 11:40 pm

I always carry Orbit,a face wash, hanky,pen,cards,change coins and if it is winters then either lipbalm or lipstick. On most days i forget to carry lipsticks.I carry some makeup if i am going out directly from office or if there is some meeting/general get together.

gk February 7, 2013 at 11:40 am

o my god.. and i thought i was the only crazy gal who carried so much stuff
well, i have wallet, sanitary napkins, mobile charger, pasport size fotos, chewing gum, liqid mouth freshner,foldable bag, keys, mobile, small note pad, pen, mirror, ear phones, stole, make up kit which has, retractable blush brush, blush, compact, lip goss, lip balm, a brown and pink lippie(goes with most outfits), hair pins, saftey pins, bindis, Q tips, kajal, plucker, lip brush, comb,eyeliner, mascara. sometimes umbrella too,

Anu February 7, 2013 at 12:43 pm

I carry couple of lipsticks/lipbalms, hand cream, fone charger, stole, BB cream, Comb, safety pins, cluther, rubber bands, napkins, hand sanitzr, sunglasses, nail cutter and a water bottle. :)

supriya February 7, 2013 at 9:22 pm

i carry wallet, keys, mobile phone, together with a scarf (ever seen curly hair post auto rides), tissues, a lip balm, under eye cream, blush, compact and kajal. i work in an AC office and my eyes can get pretty dry so i totally need the under eye cream.

Vineetha February 8, 2013 at 11:06 am

I never used to carry a bag even since i stay very close to mu office. But these days I have just started and carry around, 1 lippie and a compact for touch up, few wet wipes… Tats all…But these comments might actually tempt me to carry more….

Aruna February 9, 2013 at 8:36 am

Comb, gloss, lip balm, Orbit gum, tissues, sanitary napkins, keys, wallet, id, earphones. That’s about it.

gauri February 26, 2013 at 4:39 pm

wallet, phone, ear phones , sunglasses, keys, one comb with wide teeth and a hair brush with detachable mirror, a pair of tic tac pins, rubber band, wet wipes, a lip balm, moisturiser, hand sanitizer,water in a 500 ml bottle, a small pouch( in which i carry medicines like a pain killer, balm for headache etc.),meal vouchers, card holder ( I have a separate cards’ holder for my membership cards, but yes, I carry it only when I am out on a shopping spree :P ), and yes, sometimes when in doubt, I even do carry a double fold umbrella in my handbag ( as in Bangalore, weather is so unpredictable) :)