Bourjois Khol and Contour Eye Pencil in Noir Expert
Guest Review written by Ruchi
There are few things in life that we can’t stay without. For me its my kohl pencil. Recently, I saw an advertisement on the idiot box asking, will you leave your home without makeup, I said to myself, why not, but a BIG NO without my kohl, NOOOOO WAY.
Well, no big deal, a lot of people swear by kohl or kajal pencils, but everyone has a different definition /judging criteria for kohl pencils. I have tried a number of kohl/kajal pencils in order to fulfil my criteria, which is:
a) An intense black line on my waterline (I simply love the intense blackness on my eyes)
b) Stays intact for hours (I am in a corporate job you see, so can’t keep checking every few hours, whether my khol is intact or not.)
c) Should not smudge a bit. ( My problem area is my undereye dark circles, so a smudgy pencil on my waterline, Ewwww!)
Lets see where Bourjois Khol and Contour Eyeliner Pencil stands:
What Bourjois says about its pencil?
- Enriched with pure pigments, this khol allows for an intense result from the very first stroke and lasts up to 16 hours*.
- Its soft and blendable formula is ideal to apply on the inner and outer rims of the eye.
- Hypoallergenic, with natural wax and vitamin E, it is gentle on the delicate eye contour area.
My take on the product:
Bourjois is one brand, I am a big fan of. I completely love its range of eye shadows, lipsticks, blushes etc and it has never let me down. So this time I thought of trying its kohl pencil hoping for the same results and this Kohl and Contour Pencil did not dissapoint !!!. The color pay off is definitely good as compared to other kohl pencils I have tried so far. Even though I am reviewing the shade Noir Expert and not ‘Ultra black’, but still the intense black line is what you get even in a single swipe. It does not sting the waterline. glides on smoothly and softly , delivers a rich black swipe and the quantity of product you get is sufficient to last for months. One area where it could improve is sharpening- The pencil is not that smooth for sharpening, and sharpens unevenly.
The Good part:
- Nice color pay off, Intense black color.
- It glides on very smoothly.
- Can be used both on the water line & lower and upper lash lines.
- Easy to draw precise lines.
- Stays for 2-3 hrs in waterline and for about 6-7 hours in the upper lash line.
- Suitable for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers.
- Very Affordable.The Bad part:
- Being a Khol pencil, it does smudge, and hence acts as a perfect base for black smokey eyes (May not be a con for many, but for me it is, sorry Bourjois ! )
- Does not Sharpen Evenly
My Rating: A-
Price: Rs 275 for 1.65 gm
Recommendation:- Bourjois Kohl & Contour Eye Pencil- Noir Expert is a dark black Kohl pencil, which glides smoothly over the lids and can be applied to both the waterline and upper lash line. It lasts a long time (though not the 16 hr it claims), and is soft and smooth to apply. It does smudge however, which is why im looking for another alternative , but those who like the soft smudgy look of black kohl will love this.
Subscribe Updates, Its FREE!