Maybelline Clear Glow BB Stick Review in Shade Radiance
Guest Post by Priya R . (Light Skin tone, dry to normal skin type)
Why You’ll Love It
- Flawless radiant skin, + 12HR shine control + 8 benefits in just 1 step.
- Mineral clay formula guarantees 12hr shine control.
- Contains Salicylic acid to manage combination & oily skin.
- Provides a soft, matte and radiant finish.
- Sweat-resistant and sebum – resistant formula leaves skin fresh all day.
- Hides appearance of pores & imperfection.
- Contains SPF 21/PA+++ that protects skin from sun damage.
- Instantly evens skin tone.
- Provides a power-light feel on skin.
Before you could sink in with the latest release by Garnier in the field of BB creams, you have another version from Maybelline in an altogether new avatar. The new avatar is their Clear Glow BB cream in a stick form! Though I like the stick version for its ease of use , the stick version has been specifically launched to cater to oily/combination skin as the cream version was a bit too heavy for them. I have a dry to normal skin, then why did i buy it? Well first of all , out sheer curiosity, I liked the stick form & also it was affordable & second of all its scorching hot & humid in Mumbai already, that my skin on the T-zone area is already oily.
The packaging is very convenient to use; no messy finger application, just draw the lines with the stick on your face & use a foundation brush for quick application. The texture is ultra smooth and it spreads easily & evenly on the skin.I still need to moisturize my face really well before using the BB Stick. With proper moisturization, it will work well for dry skin in summers & not so harsh winters but still I noticed some flaking near my temples & chin area because of dryness.
The shade Radiance works fine for me and this BB Stick is available only in 2 shades in India – Radiance & Fawn. Fawn is really really dark and I think for most Indian skin tones a shade between Radiance & Fawn would have been ideal. Radiance has pink undertones to it, so it instantly brightens up the under eye area. It works well in terms of coverage too and if you don’t have heavy dark circles, blemishes or visible pores to hide it will work just fine on its own. It gives an almost matte finish to the skin but with a setting powder it will remain shine free for longer hours. It has SPF 21, so it is just perfect for summer days & also it contains Salicylic acid, which works well for oily/acne prone skin.
Pros of Maybelline Clear Glow BB Stick
- Easy to use packaging
- Hides light blemishes & open pores
- Very smooth texture & easily blendable
- Does not give ashy appearance to the skin
- Contains SPF 21
- Stays fresh on the skin for hours
Cons of Maybelline Clear Glow BB Stick
- Not ideal for very dry skin. This has been specifically targeted for combination oily skin
- Available only in 2 shades – Not the best match for Indian skin tone
Verdict: A- (for those with combination/oily skins)
Price: Rs 250/-
Recommendation: Maybelline Clearglow BB Stick can be an oily/combination skin girl’s best friend! If you are looking for decent coverage, all in one cream – SPF, foundation, concealer, moisturizer, and you felt like the BB Cream version was too greasy for you then this is a nice option. For dry skin girls, it will work fine during summers & humid climate conditions but it still needs properly moisturized skin or else it can give flaky skin in an hour of application. It also works well as under eye concealer/highlighter if you are looking for less coverage.
Subscribe Updates, Its FREE!