P&B Real Brides: Meet Japnit!

by mehak on March 19, 2013

in Bridal Blog, Real Brides

Meet Japnit

A Bride from Ahmedabad who not only experimented with a range of designers (4 different ones) for her gorgeous outfits,  but also with a range of makeup artists for her wedding.  I loved how each of her looks for each event was so different from another, and the meeting with Sabya was so fun to read Japnit!!

So Tell Us Your Story . Love or Arranged?

Its an arranged marriage. I’m 21 and he’s 25. I’m basically from Ahmedabad and had just finished my Undergrad studies. I wanted to do my post grad in Delhi plus I had family there. So convincing my parents to let me shift to Delhi wasn’t such a big deal. But as fate would have it, before I could give my entrance exams, I was made to meet this nice cute guy. Never really thought I would go the old fashioned way and say yes to someone who I hardly know. Turned out we didn’t have to. We had an entire lifetime to do that. But there was something about him, maybe his kind eyes or the way he talked, which made me say yes . I knew then that  Yes, my fairy tale wedding would have him in the lead role :)

Tell us about your outfits! 4 Different designers huh!

Cocktail Cape Lehenga by Ramon llamba. Makeup by friend Megha Mitra

The wedding functions began from the 2nd of Jan with a Cocktail party. I wore a blue and orange cape and lehnga by Ramon Lamba. Costed me around 50,000. The cocktail party was meant to have a small gathering of only close family and friends so I didn’t want my outfit to be very heavy and expensive.

Anjalee & Arjun Gown for Engagement

For the engagement night I wore a gown by Anjalee and Arjun Kapoor. I had in mind how I wanted my gown to look like but couldnt find it anywhere in Delhi. Even thought of going to London to find my dream gown. So when we went to Anjalee and Arjun I saw this piece and I thought by incorporating a few ideas of my own it would really turn out to be what I want. I was really nervous about how it would turn out and if I wud get it on time. But Arjun  surprised me. He’s like “We incorporated ur idea on a few other gowns and changed many colors. But guess what. All the brides walking through our door want your gown. And I’m tired of telling them ‘its sold’!”

dipak studios

Sabyasachi for Raat ki Baraat

Later that night was the Raat ki Baraat. I wore a Sabyasachi lehnga. I wanted to look like a proper dulhan for this occasion. So I started with selecting the jewelry 1st. I went for a heavy ruby set and with that I wanted a contrasting lehnga. I also knew I wanted a Sabya. So when we went to his store in delhi I happened to meet him by chance. Asked him to help me select the outfit and showed him a picture of my jewelry. I had my eyes on a particular green lehnga but then he showed me a red one. And I totally fell in love with it. He said try both of them. When I came out in the red one, he called out to his assistant, “Aditi you have to see her. Get me my ipad fast. I need to click a picture of her”. The next thing I knew I was taking the red lehnga home with me!

Ink Blue and Hot Pink lehenga for Reception

The next day was the Reception. II wanted something different and quirky. I liked my outfit for the bright pink and blue. But I made a mistake by having a light, short sleeves  blouse. Longer sleeves always look more elegant.

5th morning was the Anand Kaaraj and I wore a Harpreet Narula anarkali for the pheras. Again I had selected the jewelry first. So I didn’t have many choices when it came to deciding my morning outfit. I had to go for something in pink and wch also complemented the minakari set. I think the outfit could have been slightly brighter. But this looked fine too.

So i heard you experimented a lot with Makeup Artists. Reviews please

dipak studios

Engagement and Raat ki Baraat Makeup was done by Makeup artist Vidya Tikari who  is a genius. Pure genius. Every bit a professional. I was really not sure about her coz I’d heard mixed reviews. I went with my fingers crossed. The moment I sat on her chair I knew I should relax and let her do what she’s best at. She just asked me how I wanted my look to be. I said I want a natural one and nothing over the top coz I didn’t want to kill the look of my gown. And the rest can be seen in the pictures. Perfectly natural face with a cinderella gown. My look was complete.

On the Anand Kaaraj Makeup and hair was done by Poonam- Vidya Tikari’s assistant. I won’t say I loved my makeup that day but as itwas a morning function, I had to to avoid going over the top. Somehow Poonam insisted on toning down my makeup even though she could have gone a little elaborate on the eyes. Wish Vidya would have done it.

On the Reception, Makeup and hair was done by Chandni Singh. I liked how she did the base. But my eyes became too smokey. She said she liked it that way and bling and shimmer was not her thing. At that moment I realized I should have had Vidya for all my functions. With her I had the freedom to have what I want and how I want. I didn’t have that with the other two. But all in all it wasn’t that bad. Maybe after 4 functions even makeup can’t hide how tired you get.

Okay thats a LOT of functions. Which one stood out?

The engagement/sangeet night was definitely the most fun function. My entry song was ‘A thousand years’ by Christina Perri. It felt absolutely magical.
My family and friends had prepared quite a few dance numbers. Friends performed on a mashup of ‘ainvayi ainvayi’, ‘jigar da tukda’ and ‘gal mithi mithi’. Later I danced with them for a few seconds on ‘radha’. Lol they had to drag me thrice to the stage to convince me I wud do fine. Mom and dad performed so cutelyyy on a mix of ‘rani tu main raja’ and ‘teri shirt da button’. Was a stunner.  Cousins did a medley on quite a few songs. The best part was that the songs and the idea of performing was finalized just 4 days before the function.
After all these performances  Mika entered. Yes that’s right. Mika performed :) and the crowd (along with me. I had no clue!) was awestruck. He absolutely rocked that night. At one point he brought me and my hubby to the stage and made him sing ‘Tu Mera Hero’ for me. On his knees. Both of them went on their knees. Lol. I couldnt stop smiling. And this is how ‘Tu Mera Hero’ became our song

If you are an NRI or new to Delhi and need a helping hand to find your dream lehenga, then check out our personal bridal service: Bridesbypb.com . Not only can we help you find a diamond in the rough in Delhi, we can even help you get beautiful outfits without even being here!

Shikha March 19, 2013 at 11:05 am

First pic reminded me of some royal Indian queen. I agree that your makeup for Vidya Tikari was best more bride like rest others I find bit dull and if you would not have wore such beautiful dresses your makeup would have made you look like part of crowd..

Taranjeet March 19, 2013 at 11:06 am

U are a beautiful bride.U look awesome in all the functions.
All the best for ur new life.
Wish u all the goodness and happiness.

Orangepink March 19, 2013 at 12:10 pm

Such a gorgeous Bride and her experiments are so well coordinated. I liked her day wedding Anarkali and Anjalee Arjun’s Princess style gown is soo cute. Beautiful colors and perfect Makeup.. God bless her:)

thedelhibride March 19, 2013 at 12:38 pm

LOVE the last pic! It’s such a fun one! The red wedding lehenga suited the bride! And I loveeee the pink anand kaaraj outfit – it’s beautiful.
And about the makeup, this is exactly what a bride should look for in an MUA – she should be willing to give you what YOU want. That’s sooo important. I would’ve probably screamed at my MUA if she tried to force her opinion on me. I was really lucky I got an MUA who, just like Vidya Tikari, asked me what kind of look I wanted to go with and gave me exactly that.

Preeti Kaur March 19, 2013 at 2:15 pm

wow you look really royal in the grand chair in the first pic :) Congrats :P

Preeti Kaur recently posted.. Colorbar Time Plus Long Stay Makeup Review

Tara March 19, 2013 at 2:34 pm

Woah…loved all your outfits lady…the SS lehenga tops it all for me :)

Crazy Indian Bride March 19, 2013 at 3:44 pm

Love the anarkali! agree that the eye makeup should have been a bit more..but you look very pretty. Ink blue and pink lehenga is really good!

Love the last picture!

Sukanya March 19, 2013 at 4:40 pm

can’t take my eyes off from the gown n the lehenga !!! wow

Anshita@Vanity No Apologies March 19, 2013 at 5:06 pm

thats a fairytale wedding you had. the gown is a delight to see. and ur jewelry in all d functions looks so royal. hooked

Abhi March 19, 2013 at 5:34 pm

OMG thats an awesome big fat indian wedding :) so much fun just to c the pics cant imaging how fun being part of the wedding must have been :)
loved the pink anarkali the most…super :)

Richa Saxena March 19, 2013 at 7:34 pm

You make a very beautiful bride! Loved all your outfits :) Congratulations….

SuperSummer March 19, 2013 at 8:06 pm

Love your outfits, especially the Sabyasachi one naturally!
where is the ink blue one from?

deepti March 19, 2013 at 10:25 pm

The engagement Gown and the anarkali are just gorgeous. You are looking like a doll in your engagement pic :) Awesome!!

Cherry Lane March 20, 2013 at 5:11 am

Wow! She looks so beautiful! I absolutely love the pink and blue lengha!

Cherry Lane xx

Preetha March 20, 2013 at 10:23 am

lovely outfits n the bride is soo beautiful

Namrata Shetty March 20, 2013 at 12:58 pm

Hello Japnit ,
Oh My!!! That’s One Magical wedding. Everything looks so perfect.
You look so gorgeous & flawless & you made some great choices there.
My sis got married some 6-7 yrs ago & she had worn a ghaghra for her engagement back then..but I had decided on the very day of her engagement , that whenever I get engaged , I will wear an Indianised Gown. Your gown is so much close to my dream gown ;) . Its beautiful and you made it look priceless.
Wish you a Happy Married Life. God Bless :)

Sonam March 20, 2013 at 3:10 pm

Absolutely beautiful and stunning…each and every function look is perfect….clothes jewelry and makeup….have a great life ahead
Can i know where are Ramon lamba designs available???

mehak March 20, 2013 at 3:38 pm

She has a studio in Gurgaon

Sonam March 20, 2013 at 6:10 pm

oh kool…thanx :)

Rajvi Bhow March 20, 2013 at 11:02 pm

wow her reception outfit is sooo pretty! you didn’t mention who did that.

kirti March 21, 2013 at 10:23 am

Hi! I used to love reading this blog when I was getting married and more & more that I read on this section, it makes me feel it farther away from reality. Each section is more about bling, glamour & show-off which wasnt the same even the section that started out. For bride-to-be’s im not so sure not much this will be helpful since you seem to be targeting only the upper echelons of the society with big fat Indian weddings. In my opinion, a wedding cannt necesarrily be about how much the dress costed or which designer did you take on. This blog could have been a platform for brides to find out upcoming artists/designers who can also do an amazing work as renowned ones.

I had hoped that this section would be helpful rather than a platform for talking about fantasy wedding! Anyway thats just an opinion…happy dreaming!!

kirti March 21, 2013 at 10:25 am

and oh well now I know why my story didnt feature!

mehak March 21, 2013 at 10:43 am

Just an FYI- you were 7th in line from now, i dont think you realise just how many brides i get. I get atleast 2 everyday asking to be featured and this is not a wedding blog- so i keep it to two a month . There were atleast 20 before you in line to get featured, and i dont even remember you sending me a follow up email asking why you didnt get featured. I would have told you when to expect it . If you want to take this forum instead to air your issues about not being featured, without even contacting me first i think thats a bit ridiculous

mehak March 21, 2013 at 10:29 am

Hi Kirti,
Just a fact-17 brides have been featued so far- 6 have worn big name designers, 11 have not. So i dont know what you mean by úpper echelons of society.
Infact The bride right before this one got her lehenga made from Chandni chowk,. Just like im not going to discriminate against a bride who doesnt get a designer, im not going to discriminate against a bride who wears a designer either. Its imp to get a healthy mix.

aditi March 21, 2013 at 7:50 pm

Its sad to read what people assume! I love this section of your blog mehak!! Keep going!

debopriya March 21, 2013 at 3:33 pm

Would love to know how much the Sabya lehenga costed if possible

mehak March 21, 2013 at 4:57 pm

Hi Debo- Sabya lehengas general range starts at about 1.8 Lakhs, and goes uptil somewhere around 4

Meetu March 21, 2013 at 9:49 pm

Hi Mehak,

I am following your blog for a while. I really liked your honest reviews about beauty products and trends. I also love this section.

However, sometimes I also feel it features Bride which have possibility to shell lot of money on their clothes (even a lakh is lot for me and for my marriage I had my lehnga just for 30K). I will really appreciate if you could feature one bride who had much affordable bridal couture.

Please do not consider it as a negative comment. I really enjoy reading your blog. But I believe there should be honest and direct interaction between the blogger and followers.

mehak March 21, 2013 at 10:03 pm

Hi meetu,
i can only feature brides who send me pics, and mostly their lehengas range from 50K onwards.We did have a lehenga for 30 k though…the 3rd bride :) She got it customised from CC

Meetu March 21, 2013 at 10:46 pm

Hi Mehak,
Thanks for instant reply. Thats what I liked about you, you are so approachable. :)
As I told I am new follower, will surely check out the 3oK lehenga…

Keep up the good work!

beingpretty March 31, 2013 at 7:12 pm

Wow..P&B brides always..always leave me awestruck!! :) I love these posts Mehak!!
I know when I get married..(I am turning 21 in april..hehe)..I am going to share my wedding too.. Lol!! Dreamy.. :D ;)

sveta guptaa April 18, 2013 at 7:02 pm

hi mehak ,really good job,i really enjoy reading through your blog.i wanna know from which designer is the pink and blue reception lehnga and its approx cost

coralcrue April 19, 2013 at 5:38 pm

wow!!! you look stunning and that gown is Super fabulous!!!

Vibha May 23, 2013 at 6:12 am

The Ink Blue and Hot Pink lehenga is stunning. Where is that from?

mehak May 23, 2013 at 9:38 am

Yll have to hire our bridal service to find out!

Frances June 16, 2013 at 4:05 pm

Late to the party, but Japnit, you look absolutely lovely in your pictures, and very happy. Here’s to a long and happy life for you and your lucky groom!

roshni July 22, 2013 at 2:24 am

hi can i know the price of the gown by anjalee & arjun!!

Amrit Kaur July 7, 2014 at 7:05 am

Hello Mehak,
I have seen the “Ink Blue and Hot Pink lehenga for Reception” and have been looking for it. I am in the US and would like to know how much and who I can contact to order a lengha! thank you!