The Best BB Cream in India: Maybelline vs Garnier vs Deborah

by mehak on March 21, 2013

in Reviews, Skincare

bbcream-india-001 Iv put my analysing skills to the test (Hey i didnt major in economics for nothing) and come up with this neat little analysis on BB Creams in India !

Feature

Garnier BB Cream

Maybelline Clear Glow

Deborah BB Cream

Coverage Low but evens out skin tone Medium High
Moisture Quotien Does not Moisturize adequately, but slightly better than Deborah. Moisturizes to an ok extent, but  some flaky areas may remain Does not Moisturize adequately at all, need moisturizer underneath or skin feels dry in half hour
Longevity Lasts long Lasts Long Lasts Long
Ease of Application Super Quick- Quick spread around the face in 2 minutes and you are done!!! Takes some time blending in. Also takes time to settle into the skin Quick- Blends softly and smoothly, but since its high coverage you may want to pay a bit more attention to key areas
Finish Between Matte and Dewy. Really nice finish, natural looking A little too dewy maybe? Can get greasy. Matte
Other aspects Can become shiney after some time, specially if not topped with powder and if you have oily skin
Shades One shade but should suit a variety of skintones 3 Shades available 6 shades available
Best Suited for Girls who don’t mind the lower coverage, but want a quick , effortless everyday option to look polished Girls who need some coverage,  and want a dewy finish. Who don’t mind spending a bit of time, topping up with powder to keep it from getting shiney. Girls who want solid coverage on an everyday basis and need to keep the oil at bay, plus like the polished matte finish.

Whats my favorite  Well im not a B B Cream fan honestly- i just feel like they try to be Jack of all trades, but end up being master of none. Maybe that’s also because i haven’t tried out a true-blue BB cream from the orient, but i much prefer my L’Oreal tinted moisturizer for my dry skin.

However when that is not around,  i usually use Garnier  and on days when im heading out at night and i don’t want to use a foundation- i turn to Deborah for the higher coverage.

Poorva March 21, 2013 at 10:03 pm

very useful comparison:)
Poorva recently posted..Adidas Originals Introduces the Jeremy Scott Collection.My Profile

shivangi March 21, 2013 at 10:13 pm

great post! I have not tried Deborah but I like Garnier better than Maybelline!

yashika March 21, 2013 at 10:15 pm

I used Maybelline Clear Glow bb cream and I ended up looking cakey face ..and it didnt do ny good on my face no coverage nothing ..but it really have that dewy finish but it didn’t last on my oily skin
yashika recently posted..You’re not ugly,society is.My Profile

Xuvious March 21, 2013 at 10:25 pm

I really want to try one of the original Korean ones. Then I’ll really know how these measure up! ;)
Xuvious recently posted..WIFW Fall 2013 RTW : Day 3 : Abraham & Thakore, Rajesh Pratap Singh, Manish MalhotraMy Profile

Nithya March 21, 2013 at 10:35 pm

Great review! I have tried Garnier and Maybelline and prefer Garnier. Never used Deborah. Like you said, I prefer L’Oreal tinted moisturizer to any BB cream! [Medium complexion and thank God for well behaved skin].

Richa Saxena March 21, 2013 at 10:37 pm

Great Post! Very useful…
Richa Saxena recently posted..Maybelline Colorsensational Lipgloss in Hooked on Pink; Reviews & SwatchesMy Profile

Tanmayee March 21, 2013 at 10:42 pm

Useful post :)
Tanmayee recently posted..Coastal Scents Twelve Piece Brush Set ReviewMy Profile

Gowthami March 21, 2013 at 11:13 pm

naaice post and useful… :)
Gowthami recently posted..Beauty Tip: Cucumber Juice for Skin LighteningMy Profile

Gowme Sundaram March 21, 2013 at 11:14 pm

nicee post and very useful… :)
Gowme Sundaram recently posted..Beauty Tip: Cucumber Juice for Skin LighteningMy Profile

Swati March 21, 2013 at 11:46 pm

Great post!
I have tried both maybelline and garnier. And i like the garnier one better. Although yes the maybelline ones gives more coverage, i find that it takes time to blend and looksi a bit ashy. Also garnier one gives me a more dewy finish.. i have oily to xombintion skin.. so i think that depends from person to person.
Swati recently posted..Amway Eyeliner Pencil Kajal Coal: ReviewMy Profile

Preeti Kaur March 22, 2013 at 12:00 am

great post Mehak…. Loved the comparative chart :)
Preeti Kaur recently posted..How To Remove Face FatMy Profile

Nivedita March 22, 2013 at 12:06 am

Even though I am going through the Indian BB Cream phase and presently loving the Garnier and the Deborah BB Creams, I agree with you on “the master of none”. May be because my skin is full of blemishes and I prefer higher coverage?

A very useful post for your Indian readers. At least for people like me who are just getting this fever.
Nivedita recently posted..Avon Colorriche lipstick in Rosewine, Red2000 and Bitten BerryMy Profile

Sweet&Bitter March 22, 2013 at 3:36 am

I end up not loving any of them

mehak March 22, 2013 at 10:05 am

i KNOW same here. yet to find one i love using everday

Mukta March 22, 2013 at 8:35 am

Nice synopsis !! Useful !

Sumathi March 22, 2013 at 9:03 am

I like the garnier one more cos it’s perfect for my skin tone and it really does brighten up my face.
Maybelline on the other hand looked a little whitish and greasy on me..
Sumathi recently posted..Maybelline Color Tattoo – Bad to the BronzeMy Profile

Prerna Motwani March 22, 2013 at 9:35 am

Has anyone tried TBS BB cream? I have heard its quite goos and wanted to give it a try.

Riya March 22, 2013 at 11:45 am

Hey i have never used Foundation or bb or tm….my skin is clear and i keep it moisturised fairly well… but for that ooomph or polish as Mehak had put it, i wanna use something…. what should that something be? from the above its garnier for me or do u all suggest body shop….if anyone has used TBS that is…thanks ladies
Riya recently posted..How does the mommy rise up the corporate ladderMy Profile

mehak March 22, 2013 at 2:22 pm

Hey, garnier or Loreal TM

Riya March 22, 2013 at 2:48 pm

Thanks Mehak!
Riya recently posted..How does the mommy rise up the corporate ladderMy Profile

priyanka March 22, 2013 at 10:26 am

Very helpful post!For summers to keep oily skin at bay, deborah BB cream seems to be a good option.

Crown Princess March 22, 2013 at 10:50 am

What a thoughtful post Mehak! Now I know that the Garnier BB i use is really ideal plus I should get the Deborah one asap for nighttime:)

Preetha March 22, 2013 at 10:52 am

i like the garnier one..it has a sweet fragrance..deborah m yet to try..:)..i loved ur comparison
Preetha recently posted..Top 5 Favorite FoundationsMy Profile

Shikha March 22, 2013 at 11:26 am

I am surely not impressed by these creams… Does nothing much to my skin.. Over the period I have been disappointed by them, My last hope is to try some Korean one else I will not further invest a single penny on them
Shikha recently posted..My Black Army- 10 Budget EYE LINERSMy Profile

Zee Bee March 22, 2013 at 1:04 pm

i prefer foundations and then tinted moisturizers.We could really do with a tinted moisturiser with luminizers and spf coverage ! i don’t understand why BB creams have become such a rage ! Why are companies not concentrating on making tinted moisturizers with Vit C or someting which is actually need of hour ? How abt making tinted moisturizers for Indian skin !They could really also focus on serums with vitamins -affordable range…something which actually benefits the skin !
Zee Bee recently posted..The JourneyMy Profile

mehak March 22, 2013 at 2:22 pm

I know..thats why i like loreal TM…its moisturizes really well plsu SPF 50 plus UVA and UVB rays.

gk March 22, 2013 at 2:40 pm

thanks so much MEhak. I have never tried a BB cream yet. most often than not i mix a drop of my foundation to my regular moisturizer. i have never been able to get hold of Ponds Tinted TM till now,.. do u recomment Loreal TM.. has it been reviewed on P&B??

mehak March 22, 2013 at 2:56 pm

HI Gurpreet, its been reviewed. just do a search.

CSP Ballal March 22, 2013 at 4:32 pm

nice… i like this kinds. :). remember, I had done a similar post! :)

bawa March 22, 2013 at 4:33 pm

Mehak, naira uses and recommends
Missha m perfect cover b.b cream (its got 40 spf as well apart from everything else). Showed it to me. True BB creams look greyish until after a few minutes when they seem to take on your skin colour : looked very good indeed on her.

mehak March 22, 2013 at 11:29 pm

thanks bawa maasi! Will try it out!

Anshita@Vanity No Apologies March 22, 2013 at 5:43 pm

since missha is here now..u must try their bb cream once
Anshita@Vanity No Apologies recently posted..Vanity No Apologies and DoveMy Profile

mehak March 22, 2013 at 11:29 pm

Thankd Ansh! will do!

Priyanka April 24, 2013 at 7:11 pm

Here where?

Avina Lobo March 22, 2013 at 8:53 pm

Nice post. I have tried Maybelline but I really love my Skin 79 BB cream (pink bottle). Apart from decent coverage and settling in, its texture is thicker so covers the lines on the face giving a smoother look… the best part abt the Korean vendors is they charge around 3 dollars fr shipping…

Dolon March 23, 2013 at 12:18 am

There’s one more in the market now from Bourjois. Anyone tried that?
Dolon recently posted..MAC Party Parrot Lipstick – Review, SwatchesMy Profile

deepti March 23, 2013 at 2:07 pm

very useful post :)
deepti recently posted..Natural and Glowing Look : EOTD + TutorialMy Profile

ritika March 23, 2013 at 6:16 pm

great comparison mahek..i have garnier and deborah bb cream and i had literally given my maybelline bb cream to maid as i loathed it!!!
ritika recently posted..Max Factor Max Effect dip in eye shadow-06 Party Lime review,swatches & EOTDMy Profile

shami March 23, 2013 at 7:17 pm

Very good comparision mehek.. i am using Garnier bb cream and i find its better than Maybelline :)

Sanya March 25, 2013 at 12:04 pm

Hi. Thank you for such a nice review. I’m looking for a cream that moisturises my skin to fair extent. I don’t think any of them fit the bill. Though I’ve heard of VeryMe Peach Me Perfect cream. The cream is as efficient as any other BB cream. Kindly review this one.

mehak March 25, 2013 at 12:07 pm

Its already been reviewed sanya!

Sneha June 22, 2013 at 2:58 am

i have used garnier bb cream and maybelline. garnier bb cream is easy and doesnt give me cakey face, looks pretty natural though i wish it had a lil lighter shade. Maybelline was disappointing as i used it for a party and due to power failure i sweated like a pig and my face complexion turned uneven. Embarrasing pics, had to request my friend to remove them frm FB :( i use garnier often when i m in hurry and i use maybelline mixed with biotique sunscreen spf 50 when i wanna look sick before my HOD :P
P.S i tried posting comment a dozen of times but y dont my comments get posted? Is this some closed group? :(

mehak June 22, 2013 at 11:44 am

Hi Sneha,
No it isnt a closed group. When you firstpost a comment, it waits for approval after that it automatically gets approved.

priyazys June 27, 2013 at 11:34 am

thanks mehak for your chart…
even am very much eager to try out these BB creams and quite confused..
i would like to go for maybelline(s i got addicted to tat brand :P )..
will try it out this weekend and post my feedback here soon..