Nyx Trio in Lakme Moss: Swatches & Review
Guest Review by Nia
My love for NYX Trios grows as I try more of them. The following is a review of the NYX Trio in Lake Moss and the individual colours do not have a name.
The pan’s diameter is 1 inch or ~2.6 cm. You get 0.162 ounces (3 x 0.054) or 4.6 (3 x 1.533) grams. This is the average amount of product as far as eyeshadows go for this price range. They come in a pretty little shiny black palette with a see through pane for the upper halves of the eyeshadows. The palette also comes with a dual tip sponge applicator (I threw mine out when I first got it) and a little mirror strip on the inner top part of the palette. I love simple designs and this is no exception. Very functional and it is sturdy enough to where I’m not too worried about the eyeshadows.
My Take on the NYX Trio in Lake Moss
I own two other NYX Trios which are neutral and work-friendly. This particular trio is at the other end of the spectrum. All of the three colours have a black base to them. I thought this made this trio interesting but it also makes it hard to distinguish these colours in the pan. I know Nars came out with a trio called Arabian Nights that is pretty much the same colour concept and it was impossible to distinguish the colours once swatched!
I think NYX did a far better job with a far lower price tag. NYX specifically co-ordinated these colours to where the first shade is the base/highlight colour, the second shade is the lid colour, and the third shade is the crease colour but I really don’t see that applying to this particular trio. But it looks nice if you do apply it like that.
I’m reviewing and swatching the NYX Trio in Lake Moss. Since the colours do not have individual names, I’ll refer to them as Blackish Plum, Blackish Blue, and Blackish Olive Green:
- Blackish Plum – This shade is a dark blackened plum. It is smooth and the colour payoff is decent. However, I find that this shade doesn’t look like the colour of the eyeshadow pan. That is very common but I wish it did look like the colour in the pan more. It seems to have micro-shimmer but once blended it looks both frosty and shimmery. There was no fallout and it is a creamy shade.
- Blackish Blue – This shade is a dark navy-cobalt blue colour. This colour does look like the colour in the pan, which I like. It also seems to have micro-shimmer but once blended it also looks both frosty and shimmery. There was no fallout either and it is also a creamy shade.
- Blackish Olive Green – This shade is a darkened olive green with grey undertones. This shade also seems to have micro-shimmer which is visible even after blending the eyeshadow but not quite as frosty as the other shades. Like the other two colours, it was creamy and it applied like a dream, with very minor fallout.
Here are things I LOVE about the NYX Trio in Lake Moss:
- For the price, these eyeshadows have amazing colour payoff
- They look super dark in the pan but swatched and applied they are easily distinguishable
- The eyeshadows are very pigmented
- They have very little to no fallout
- A lot of darkened colours just look blackish-grey once they are blended, but not these babies. They blend really well and maintain their actual colours
- They last for 8 hours on me with a primer and about 3 hours without one (I have super oily eyelids)
Things I’m not in love with about the NYX Trio in Lake Moss:
- Absolutely nothing!
Price: Approx 5$ abroad..I think these are 400 Rs in india..
Recommendations: The Nyx Eyeshadow Trio’s are great budget eyeshadow pallettes, which can improve in the longevity department but other wise are really good bang for your buck. Lake Moss has three beautiful, complex shades of burgundy, navy and olive.
Follow peachesandblush on Instagram.