Zoya Pixie Dust Polish in London: Swatches & Review
Guest Review by Nia
For the spring 2013 collection of Zoya, they actually came out with two collections – one with pastel colours (I got Blu from this collection – review happening soon) and the other with a completely unique formula called the PixieDust collection. This is a review for the PixieDust collection in the colour London.
The nail polish contains 0.5 fluid ounces or 15 ml of product. It’s a good amount of product for the price. It’s not like anyone ever runs out of nail lacquer anyway!
My Take on Zoya PixieDust in London
I have recently developed a love for nail polishes (thank you Zoya!). And while the shine and shimmer is one aspect of it, I still love matte formulas more. There may not be as awesome a colour selection in mattes, but I find them more professional looking. So for most of my nail polishes, I just use them with a matte top coat from Sephora (review coming up soon :p ) and achieve that happy matte look.
Now, Zoya PixieDust is a super unique concept – it is a matte base with shimmers in it that you can actually feel. The grittiness of the shimmers in the nail polish base can actually be seen and felt. It is like a 3-dimentional nail polish! It applies like any other nail polish, wet looking, with an even smooth surface, but once it is dry, that smooth base evaporates and it leaves behind a matte base with beautiful 3-D shimmer (not glitter). Sounds crazy awesome right?
Like with most Zoya nail lacquers, the application of the first coat appears sheer, but apply a second coat after waiting about a minute and you can achieve complete awesomeness in just two coats. I say wait a minute but Zoya suggests waiting longer. I personally still just waited 30 seconds and had no problems with the formula. The colour appears more silvery than grey, but it’s a beautiful shimmery grey-green!
- There are 12 colours to pick from in this particular finish and I guarantee that you like love at least one!
- Even the PixieDust formula applies sheer with the first coat but in two coats, it looks beautiful
- Zoya says the drying time is much longer and asks to be patient with PixieDust’s application, but the drying time seemed the same to me. It doesn’t take long and you get the most unique finish ever
- These nail lacquers are formulated WITHOUT formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin, toluene, camphor, and dibutyl phthalate which are sooooo bad for the nails
- Their polishes have the best consistency ever – not too thin or thick. Just perfect!
- The wear time is incredible too. Mine lasts for a 10 days without ANY chips and about 15 days with very minor tip wear
- About Zoya PixieDust in London, it is a beautiful grey with very subtle green in there. It dries completely matte and looks amazing! The shimmer particles in it are silver in colour and are really pretty too. This formula might be the most unique formula and finish I have seen in a while (I despised the ‘crackling effect” or “magnetic lines effects”) that I’m in love with! Must buy the other 5 colours! :p
Things I’m not so much in-love with about Zoya PixieDust in London:
- Availability. I keep looking for them in stores but I am yet to find them in a store!
Price: Approx 500 Rs
Recommendation: Zoya Pixie Dust in London is a beautiful grey which dries a complete matte- inspite of their being silver shimmer in it !! Its one of those frost mattes which are unique and beautiful! Two coats to opaque!
For reviews on other Zoya polishes go here: Zoya Nail Polish Reviews
You May Enjoy Reading These :
Subscribe Updates, Its FREE!