How Many Makeup Brushes Do You Use?

by Mehak Shahani on May 20, 2013

in Beauty Banter, Features

bb copy

I dont use too many but i definitely need my Sigma Flat Top Kabuki for sure. It just makes foundation blending a dream! Apart from that i use two Vega Professional brushes that im looking to upgrade from but im not a big eyeshadow wearer so dont know if it makes sense for me to invest in expensive ones. I have a flat shader brush, and a small round tapered blending brush.

What about you?

Vipra S May 20, 2013 at 10:53 am

Around 6-7 brushes ..
I use Inglot 21T face n foundation brush ‘n’ The Body Shop Face and Body brush for face..
I use 3-4 MAC brushes for eyes (222, 219, 217, 239)
Recently have started using Colorbar brushes (blusher brush, contouring brush)

I soo desepratly want that Sigma Kabuki brush .. Apart from sigma official website is there any other online site where I can buy the kabuki brush .. ?
Vipra S recently posted..Weekly Favourite : Rimmel London Stay Matte Pressed Powder – AmberMy Profile

mehak May 20, 2013 at 11:07 pm

How the body shop blush and the colorbar brushes.
I heard the colorbar brushes were scratchy

Vipra S May 21, 2013 at 10:10 am

Body shop one is very soft .. the colorbar ones aren’t that soft but didn’t felt any scratchiness while application.
Vipra S recently posted..Review: MAC 217 Blending BrushMy Profile

Abhi May 20, 2013 at 1:13 pm

have you tried using a moist sponge instead of brushes…works much better for me atleast..
I just use 2 brushes for eyeshadows…forgetting the numbers..ughh sorry
Abhi recently posted..Kurta Fashion : 5 Ways Of Wearing 1 Kurta : Kurta As A ShirtMy Profile

Nivedita May 20, 2013 at 4:10 pm

ummm… for a full on makeup
1 foundation brush
2 powder brush
3 blush brush
4 eye brushes 2

=5 brushes max. At times four. Just flip the side of the brush and use the other color and blend
Nivedita recently posted..Be shocked!! Lakme and Sleek? Is that possible?My Profile

Priya Raghuwanshi May 20, 2013 at 4:24 pm

i am building my makeup brush set and have collected all the imp ones so far… foundation – inglot 21T, sigma F80, 2 of mac eye brushes – 217 n 219, I want to pick up a nice flat shader brush for eyes! i think collection will be done :)

mehak May 20, 2013 at 11:07 pm

Thats a great collection Priya! The mac shader is supposed to be great for picking up colour

Priya Raghuwanshi May 21, 2013 at 12:17 pm

thanks! how is the vega professional shader brush, any idea?

Preeti Kaur May 20, 2013 at 7:58 pm

I use kabuki brush, blusher brush, angled eye liner brush, all from Ecotools :)
Preeti Kaur recently posted..Street Wear Nail Color Remover ReviewMy Profile

kayennat May 20, 2013 at 10:21 pm

I have never counted! because there’s too many lol.
kayennat recently posted..Daily MakeupMy Profile

kayennat May 20, 2013 at 10:22 pm

The brushes I have most of are eye blending brushes though!
kayennat recently posted..Daily MakeupMy Profile

mehak May 20, 2013 at 11:06 pm

Hehe ! Which ones? I thought you wonly need 2-4

kayennat May 21, 2013 at 12:20 am

me and my sister combined have over 15 blending brushes; they are from boots no7 ! I have 4 foundation brushes (buffing brush, stippling brush, expert face brush, flat foundation brush), blending sponge, 4 blush brush, contouring brush, concealer brushes, and normal eye shadow brushes. maybe we’ll do a post on the excessive number of brushes we have!!! lol
kayennat recently posted..Daily MakeupMy Profile

Heena May 20, 2013 at 11:18 pm

Around 10-12 brushes.. but I use only one for everyday.. eyebrow brush.
Heena recently posted..The Most B’ful Black Eyeshadow I Have Ever SeenMy Profile