NYX Trio in Sahara/Suede/Chocolate: Swatches & Review
Guest Review By Nia
This is a review of the NYX Trio in TS22. This trio has three eyeshadows, namely Sahara, Suede, and Chocolate. If you have read my previous NYX Trio review of Lake Moss, you can skip ahead to My Take on this particular trio :)
Size: The pan’s diameter is 1 inch or ~2.6 cm. You get 0.162 ounces (3 x 0.054) or 4.6 (3 x 1.533) grams. This is the average amount of product as far as eyeshadows go for this price range. They come in a pretty little shiny black palette with a see through pane for the upper halves of the eyeshadows. The palette also comes with a dual tip sponge applicator (I threw mine out when I first got it) and a little mirror strip on the inner top part of the palette. I love simple designs and this is no exception. Very functional and it is sturdy enough to where I’m not too worried about the eyeshadows.
My Take on the NYX Trio in Sahara/Suede/Chocolate:
Being a neutral lover is not an easy job. There are always so many neutrals to pick out of. I justify buying so many neutrals by telling myself that working in a corporate environment, I need to look presentable at all times :) :P and anything that helps with it, is okay to buy! :)
This trio is absolutely gorgeous. It is plain and neutral but so chic. The finish is sophisticated and buttery and I couldn’t believe this was a NYX product! This particular trio reminds me of Chanel and Urban Decay’s eyeshadows.These are co-ordinated to be the base, lid, and crease colour. The following is a description of the three colours:
- Sahara– DUPE alert!! This shade is remarkably similar to MAC’s Ricepaper, a cult favourite. If you’ve always wanted to give a try but did not want to shell out $15 for an eyeshadow, this is a wonderful alternative. This colour is a beautiful warm off white with micro shimmer. It is super buttery and so very pigmented!
- Suede – An absolutely gorgeous shade of pale brownish gold with a satin finish. Super buttery and pigmented like Sahara. If you’re in hurry, just use your fingertip and apply Suede to your eyelids and you’ll be ready to roll. The pale-ness of the colour really opens up the eyes.
- Chocolate – Yet another fantastic colour in the trio. I personally think it looks like a golden bronze and not quite like chocolate. It’s dark but not that dark. Another satin finish, buttery to touch, and awesome pigmentation.
Here are things I LOVE about the NYX Trio in Suede/Sahara/Chocolate:
- Amazing colour payoff with all colours being true to pan
- Almost zero fallout
- Amazing buttery smooth texture (I thought of Chanel and Urban Decay’s eyeshadows)
- Beautifully pigmented
- Not powdery
- Easy to blend
Things I’m not in love withabout the NYX Trio in Suede/Sahara/Chocolate:
- Availability is always an issue with brands like NYX
- Lasting power, if worn without a primer is not too good only about 2 hours
Price : These are around 600 Rs in India i think
Recommendation: The Nyx Eyeshadow Trio in Suede/Sahara/Chocolate will be a welcome addition into any neutral lovers stash. These have nice textures, and great pigmentation. If only they were a tad bit better in the longevity department!
Follow peachesandblush on Instagram.