P&B Panel Discusses: Where They Buy Their Makeup From

by Mehak Shahani on May 1, 2013

in The Panel

Pbpanel4-001

As the scorching heat approached, we sipped our iced lemonades and got talking about which store we love to browse and buy beauty from ! Not that there are too many options in India, but which one gives them the best retail therapy feeling!

meI love the Shoppers Stop in Ambience Mall, Vasant Kunj. The MAC there is great, generally stocks well with a lot of helpful SA’s and i like the format- there is Estee Lauder, Clinique along with lower end brands. I also like New U for regular drugstore makeup stuff, but one store which i really feel like a kid in a candy land is Kunchals in GK 1 M Block Market. They have benefit, and Dior and Bobbi Brown and a whole lot of other illegally smuggled stuff :p I guess the way they keep it under the counter top just makes me go a bit crazy!!

-In India i mostly shop from MAC, but in London i love to shop from Boots ! (Editors Note: Boots is a weakness for me too i pick up the most random things that i dont need from Boots)

me4I like shopping from New U in the malls for all the regular purchases and to check out whats new in each brand, but apart from that i like the Mac store in Ambience, VK . (Priyam has a bad history with MAC Stores btw, for one whole year she refused to enter the Mac store in Gurgaon because she fought with the SA)

Pbpanel2-002I buy most of my makeup from New U!

Any suggestions for questions for our panel members? Im running out of ideas here girls.

Marathi Weddings May 1, 2013 at 10:23 am

Whatever little make up I buy, I buy it from Shoppers stop! I am so scared of buying things from stores selling smuggled products. I really doubt if they are genuine!
Marathi Weddings recently posted..aza Sale update – Upto 80% off!!My Profile

giggle girlie May 1, 2013 at 10:37 am

In india I buy my makeup products from select city walk mall and never miss the opportunity to shop from duty free shops while traveling.
otherwise I shop from sephora,nordstrom and drug stores.
giggle girlie recently posted..Colored Jeans and Neon Handbag Outfit:OOTDMy Profile

Vidya May 1, 2013 at 11:02 am

Hi Mehak, PnB and “The Panel”,

One question I would like to ask you ladies is – which has been your best budget buy in makeup or skincare to date which you swear by even today or would recommend for us lesser mortals (or rather kanjoos mortals) ;-)?

mehak May 1, 2013 at 11:20 am

Thanks Vidya!!! Noted it for future ! So what do you define by budget buy…any cap on Rupees? Will make it more specifix?

Gayathri Balaji May 2, 2013 at 9:12 am

How about <500 Rs ?

Richa Saxena May 1, 2013 at 11:24 am

I buy my stuff drom Shoppers Stop too…I agree they have all sorts of brands out there…Some high end & some drugstore too….Makes it easy..I also shop from a local shop near my office that stocks Revlon, Lakme, FabIndia & many other brands too..
Richa Saxena recently posted..FabIndia Almond & Coconut Body Butter; Review & PhotosMy Profile

Nithya May 1, 2013 at 12:20 pm

I like Kathiawar stores and shoppers stop in Hyd.. Mac stores, EA chennai is nice.. I like the variety Express avenue in chennai has to offer; from organic make up to name-it-they-have-it.

mehak May 1, 2013 at 12:26 pm

Have heard so much about Kathiawar stores and still havent visited in Hyderabad! Willg o next tie

Nithya May 1, 2013 at 11:37 pm

Its a one stop destination. You’ll love it :)

sakhi May 1, 2013 at 12:29 pm

all online shopping now
sakhi recently posted..The Lone SurvivorMy Profile

Shikha May 1, 2013 at 1:30 pm

Shopper stop and select city walk for high brand things.. drug store brand from local market/chemist/pharmacy.. If some is travelling from US then rely on Ulta.com and drugstore.com
Questions/Panel discussion – hair removal, handbags to shop from, sunglasses, best makeup palette, makeup budget for a month
Do check Neeru in Hyderabad, I heard they have amazing range.. I want to go there someday..
Shikha recently posted..Jolen Creme BleachMy Profile

Rashmi Singh May 1, 2013 at 2:44 pm

Cant begin to tell how much I love PnB panel ! :* . . .Ranchi, is like a desert of cosmetics.. have to go 15 km for a decent maybelline counter :/ . . so its out and out online for me !
Rashmi Singh recently posted..TRESemme Keratin Smooth Shampoo and conditioner for Straight Hair : ReviewMy Profile

mchaudhury May 1, 2013 at 2:50 pm

Hi,
I have a question, which you can probably answer. I’m planning to get married in a few months. But it’ll be a non-traditional, picnic in the forest kind of setting outside India. Have no idea what to wear,where to buy etc etc etc. I’m tiny and on the thin side. And i hate shopping, long gown-y clothes, the colour white (which is what most christian weddings demand; my fiance is christian ) and absolutely no Indian/Indian-ish wedding wear for me. Blasphemous, but Indian wedding gear doesn’t make me go gaga at all. Any suggestions?

mehak May 1, 2013 at 3:38 pm

no gown, no white no indian ! Lol..whats left then girly..
have you seen some nice indian clothes? I have a feeling youv seen some of the tacky things available and are going against it…jut pick a nice, crinkled skirt and corset, or just a bright sharara or something….

Avina May 1, 2013 at 3:27 pm

Beauty Centre in Mumbai.. I prefer Kandivali to the Khar centre… Whenever I go there to buy one or two things I end up buying 10 other things I dont need. I now go thr with only money fr what I need and leave all CC and ATM cards at home
Avina recently posted..Faces Cosmetics Blush – ReviewMy Profile

deepti May 1, 2013 at 3:43 pm

I buy my make up mostly online .
deepti recently posted..My Favorite Coral and Peach lip shades : SwatchesMy Profile

Anshita@Vanity No Apologies May 1, 2013 at 5:10 pm

you got almost everything covered. so i wud say a bit on d worst malls – east delhi malls..y do they even exist!
Anshita@Vanity No Apologies recently posted..Secret Tip of The Day Vol.26My Profile

Vidya May 1, 2013 at 6:55 pm

Hi Mehak :-),

Erm – within a budget of say 500 – 600 rupees. but anything much lower is also, ofcourse, welcome ;-)!

mehak May 1, 2013 at 10:16 pm

Cool thanks!

Ritika May 1, 2013 at 8:28 pm

Mahek I so love reading the panel reccomendations! One question I would like to ask is the daily skincare routine! And also anything to do with hair products that u guys use :)

mehak May 1, 2013 at 10:16 pm

HI ritika,
We have covered those questions in previous panel posts :) You can look under features -the panel- and see all the questions

Vidya May 4, 2013 at 11:10 am

Hi Mehak,

I’m not sure we had a question on their daily skincare routine … Couldnt locate it :-(

Preeti Kaur May 1, 2013 at 9:57 pm

I am the laziest girl you would know so I shop online. But if I happen to be in a mall, then I prefer Shoppers Stop :)
Preeti Kaur recently posted..Pears Pure and Gentle Face Wash ReviewMy Profile

Crush for Coral May 1, 2013 at 10:20 pm

In Hyderabad:
GVK Mall: Divine place to buy make up some filthy rich brands like Dior, sheishido, TBS are available which are not available in other malls.
Shopperstop(Begumpet): the SA’s are quite helpful
Hyderabad Central: Great place to buy makeup stuff and the only place where colorbar brand is available.
Lifestyle(Begumpet): Lazy SA’s, available brands are Revlon, Maybelline, L’oreal, Maxfactor, Lakme and chambor.
Health&glow(Dharamkaram road) andMedplus beauty stores(Madhuranagar)

Gowthami May 1, 2013 at 10:43 pm

on stores… i’m nt so sure abu the shades throu online shops…
Gowthami recently posted..Garnier Color Naturals Cream Nourishing Permanent Hair Color ReviewMy Profile

Karishma May 1, 2013 at 11:23 pm

In Mumbai, there are stores called “Beauty Palace” which offer discounts on all makeup and beauty products. I try to shop in these stores whenever I can. :)
Karishma recently posted..Anushka Sharma’s fringes: Yay or Nay?My Profile

Rajvi Bhow May 2, 2013 at 12:35 am

Although Beauty Centrs usually stock everything one wants at discounted rates too!! I end up going there less often due to proximity issues. So for me it’s any of the departmental stores near my home.
Rajvi Bhow recently posted..Checklist 2013My Profile

prince bhalani May 2, 2013 at 12:58 am

really this website is very useful for all girls,i’ll recommend this eye beauty website to my all friends. really nice and useful stuff post on this site.

thevowsandbeyond May 2, 2013 at 5:22 am

Love the panels! It used to be Shoppers Stop for me when I was in Delhi
thevowsandbeyond recently posted..The Magic of Karol BaghMy Profile

Jyoti May 2, 2013 at 10:47 am

Love the panels. Love your blog :) very informative
Jyoti recently posted..Beautiful Childhood Paintings by Donald ZolanMy Profile

Heena May 2, 2013 at 2:06 pm

Mainly malls
Heena recently posted..Tutorial: Creating Smokey Eyes Using EyelinerMy Profile

Abhi May 2, 2013 at 4:53 pm

I have recently gotten obsessed with finding great deals online…love getting my beauty buys at bargain prices :)
Abhi recently posted..Kurta Fashion : 5 Ways Of Wearing 1 Kurta : Kurta With Salwaar.My Profile

Sukanya May 2, 2013 at 8:16 pm

For me it will be Pantaloons/shopper stop in Kolkata . Or sometimes at New Market !
Am going green on the “benefit, bobby brown….. ” 3:)
Sukanya recently posted..Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick Heart Breaker : Review, Swatch, FOTDMy Profile

Neetu May 3, 2013 at 9:52 pm

Iced lemonades are so far from me :( ! I read this wrapped up in a blanket, since it snows in May apparently!
I live in US and my make-up comes from few different places. A lot of stores in malls usually have MAC, and other brands. So, I just barge in and live there until someone drag me out!

RJ May 4, 2013 at 1:14 pm

Love the panel :) and Mehak I do have a lot of questions in my mind.. for starters.. staple sunscreens? favourite night treatments? skin serums? deep cleansing solutions.. the kind that works magic on heads and milia? maybe even your favourite skin cleansing/facial pick at a salon? organic beauty products you guys love? organic makeup? (been dying to know if anyone has tried the soultree kajal and lipsticks). phew! Hope that gives you some ideas :D

mehak May 4, 2013 at 1:57 pm

Hey thanks RJ that gives me a lot of ideas..night treatments- i did ask them …but they seem to be a very no-night treatment panel, so didnt get responses…but yes let me ask some more skincare questions..actually i may do another panel who are more into skincare..this one is very makeup obsessed but no o much skincae

RJ May 6, 2013 at 11:10 am

Great! Cant wait :D

Priyanka May 4, 2013 at 2:33 pm

I shops from ambience mall vasant kunj and when the guy refuses to take me there than any nearby beauty store…
Mehak i have a question n quite urgent m going to buy sunnies which i will be using very rare so any brand which u and the panel recommend…

kanika May 5, 2013 at 3:05 pm

Hey girls, Need some recommendations for face cream/ lotion/ serum for oily skin people. I’m 26 with super sensitive pimple prone skin. Generally avoid face creams but have started noticing dryness around the cheeks recently. Any suggestions.

kayennat May 2, 2013 at 7:53 am