Maybelline Color Sensational High Shine Lipgloss In Gleaming Grenadine: Swatches & Review
Guest Review By Priya R
Lavish lips with a molten hot glaze.
Why You’ll Love It
- More Vibrant Color from pure liquid pigments
- Cleaner Shine from our 100% wax-free gloss
- Creamier feel from nourishing honey nectar
- Now gloss goes gutsy in 8 arresting shades
The spanking new addition to Maybelline’s Color Sensational range is the new High Shine Glosses! Even though I am not a gloss person , and i have tried umpteen number of times to make glosses my best friend, the stickiness of the glosses never worked for me. And now , when Maybelline claims these glosses have a “non-waxy” formula, I decided to give their version of glosses a try! Out of the 8 shades launched, I got the bright watermelon red color Gleaming Gernadine. I say watermelon because though it is a bright red it has a touch of pink in it. It is definitely a high shine gloss with shimmer contents but the shimmer is not OTT. Packaging is not only ordinary but in a way tacky – a sticker with shade details at the bottom which can be easily peeled off, I mean a little spiced up tube would have been nice! The slanted doe-foot applicator makes applying of gloss easy & quicky plus it is not flimsy.
The color pay off is fantastic – it can be applied sheer and can be easily buildable for medium coverage. It is quite moisturizing too but, (yes there is a but!) the non-sticky claim did not quite deliver for a person who despises lip glosses. I mean if you wear lip glosses frequently then you would definitely note a difference in the texture being non-sticky as compared to other glosses but being extra picky I found it to be a little gloopy on the lips – and yes it makes me notice that something is sitting on my lips! Longevity of this gloss is good and lasted for about 2-3 hours and left behind a light stain after a meal.
This is worn sheerly on the lips. When you layer it on, it becomes completely opaque
- Gleaming Gernadine is a beautiful redish pink which will suit many skin tones
- Quite statured color and is easily buildable for coverage. Can be worn alone without any lipsticks
- Wear time is about 3 hours
- Gives plumping effect to lips
- Very High Shine lip gloss
- Simple & boring packaging
- Formula is slightly thicker in texture and not really completely non-sticky which is the biggest drawback for non-lip gloss lover!
Price: Rs 350/-
Recommendation: For those who like lip glosses, Maybelline Color Sensational High Shine Gloss will probably become their favourite of all lipglosses!!! But for a non lip gloss lover like me, it fared the same as all other glosses do- no matter how many times i try em i don’t love em!
For a review on a different shade of Maybelline High Shine Lipgloss, click here: Maybelline High Shine Lipgloss in Captivating Coral
Subscribe Updates, Its FREE!