P&B Panel Discusses: Concealers That Cover Their Flaws!

by Mehak Shahani on June 16, 2013

in Features, The Panel

Its no secret i love my Inglot Under Eye Concealer to Bits.  Its thin and runny and perfect for under eye circles. I also love the YSL Touche Eclat- it doesnt give high enough coverage to make it my permanent concealer but it definitely adds something of an oomph and brightens the under eye area considerably. Coincidentally i also tested two new concealers recently- Mac Mineralise concealer which has amazing coverage and was super hydrating but i found it a bit difficult to spread on my own and it was a bit too heavy for me for everyday wear.  If you want a solid concealer though then that was quite nice.I then tested the CLinique Airbrush Concealer (Its like a clicking  pen thing) . Not very good coverage but again, brightens the under eye and spreads nicely and easily.

“I hardly use concealer but when i do i use this little pot of Clinique Concealer which is really good.” (Clinique even better concealer is what she is referring to by ‘little pot of Clinique concealer ‘:p)

“I use concealer rarely. Sometimes to cover up some darkness around the mouth or zit marks but usually i stick to foundation.Im liking the Inglot Creme Concealer these days despite its name its good for oily skin and the shade MW 101 suits me perfectly ”

“I use concealer under my eyes to brighten up my face. Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch is pretty good – easy to use and very cheap. Orifla,e is good too but its like half the quantity at the same price ”

Anya June 16, 2013 at 11:45 pm

Judicious use of concealer can help even out and brighten the skin tone. I am currently using the Maybelline Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch concealer. It’s easy to apply and sure helps to make the under eye area nice and bright. I also use the Oriflame stick concealer sometimes. It’s good but not very blendable.

Also, please checkout my blog http://clothesandcreativity.blogspot.in/ related to clothing and fashion. Would appreciate your feedback.

mehak June 17, 2013 at 9:48 am

what shade do you use anya? I found most shades were light…

Sumathi June 17, 2013 at 7:16 am

I don’t use concealers that much, but I have a colorbar pot concealer which I use sometimes.. It works decently..
These days my maybelline bb stick is doing a great job as a bb cream, concealer and eyeshadow base.. It’s perfect for the hot summer days

mehak June 17, 2013 at 9:49 am

How is the colorbar pot concealer..the colorbar stick concealer iv heard is quite nice

Sumathi June 17, 2013 at 1:04 pm

I found it just ok.. I have oily lids and it feels drying while applying and doesn’t spread that well, but after sometime it creases.. During hot summery days it creases a lot. I read good reviews about it, but somehow it didn’t work that well for me.

Abhi June 17, 2013 at 8:37 am

wanna try the mac n clinique too….sheer cover is what I have been using..works well for me..n its a great price too :)
must try it

mehak June 17, 2013 at 9:49 am

How much for?

Krithi June 17, 2013 at 8:45 am

i dont use concealer at all :(

mehak June 17, 2013 at 9:50 am

Good you probably dont need it!

Ikya June 17, 2013 at 10:26 am

I go back and forth between the MAC Studio Finish spf 35 & the MAC select moisturecover concealers.

mehak June 17, 2013 at 10:59 am

Ooh i like select moisture cover a lot too!
I think iv pretty much tested ever concealer there is to test!

Shikha June 17, 2013 at 10:53 am

I picked up Ingl0t concealer on Sunday… Untill now have not used any concealer, though I have dark circles… :-(

Embellished June 17, 2013 at 12:56 pm

I love the Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch. It’s absolutely amazing.

kayennat June 17, 2013 at 6:00 pm

My favourites are the Nars Creamy Concealer, the Bobbi Brown concealer /correctors, Bobbi Brown under eye brightener, Illamasqua orange stick (for neutralising darkness) and Mac Pro longwear concealers.

ID June 17, 2013 at 7:14 pm

mac studio moisture tint wrks fr me as concealer around eyes, but mostly foundation

sakhi June 18, 2013 at 10:53 am

I am not much in comcealers …but when needed use oriflame to hode the darkness round the mouth region

moukthika June 18, 2013 at 11:43 am

Hi Mehak,
I an an NC42 in MAC, dry skin with melasma on my cheeks . I am not sure if I am the same skin tone as Priyam or Sanjana that’s why I gave my MAC color match. I was wondering if you can help me with picking a concealer that would mask my melasma. The problem is the foundation goes all gray / ashy on the areas of pigmentation. Then one of my friends told me that an orange “corrector ” ? underneath the foundation will prevent that. So, should I go for a corrector or suitable concealer . Thanks.

mehak June 18, 2013 at 2:49 pm

wELL Mac Mineralise rich concealer would be great for you!
However the key is what color you choose…the general rule is to choose lighter than skinshade right, but if you have melasma that will make your face ashy, so choose at your skinshade in a yellowish color…the pinkish ones make it ashy

moukthika June 19, 2013 at 5:53 pm

Thanks for the tip Mehak. I’ll try this time when I am in Sephora.

Sonaluna June 18, 2013 at 8:06 pm

For a few months now, I have been using the Bobbi Brown creamy concealer kit (shade: Honey) and it works very well under my eyes, to correct some stray redness around the nose and even light acne marks. It is also very long lasting.

RJ June 18, 2013 at 11:48 pm

MAC select moisurecover works perfectly for me. Though would like to try Inglot wala next time