Benefit Posie Tint: Swatches & Review
Guest Review By Nia
I haven’t been into makeup very long but I discovered the magic of stains soon enough. Posietint was the second tint/stain that I bought from Benefit over a year ago (the first was Benetint). The following is a review of Posietint and my experience with it
Size: You receive 0.42 fluid ounces or 12.5 ml of product. I think one of the most interesting things about Benefit’s tints is their packaging. They are housed in a thick glass bottle with a nail polish type plastic applicator. Most people have love-hate relationship with the applicator but I personally don’t mind it very much. I think it gets the job done just fine!
My Take on Benefit’s Posie Tint:
Benefit’s Posietint can be described as a pretty-poppy pink (hence the name) colour. It appears very bright in the bottle but upon application, it transforms into a sheer-light pink. Since the pink is very neutral, I think it would suit all skin tones. It does run sheer and is very natural looking, so if you’re a dusky diva, you might have to go over the initial application a few times for it to really show.
It last really long on the skin and gives it a beautiful dewy finish! BUT it does dry/set pretty fast so be weary if you’re not experienced with stains. It also stains the fingers you use to spread the product, which can be annoying and looks very unprofessional if you’re heading to work. But I like the product enough to where I am willing to overlook this con.
Like I said before, it is absolutely fabulous on the cheeks but on the lips… I’d pass. The colour shows up just fine and stays pretty long too (think 3-4 hours with eating) but it will dry your lips to hell I’ve tried using it with a lip balms and even so, it seems to start drying out my lips within an hour. But if super dry lips don’t bother you, or you’re in an emergency, this is a good lip colour option.
Here are things I LOVE about Benefit’s Posietint:
- This shade of poppy pink is a gorgeous colour
- Even though the shade is light, it is buildable to get the desired pigmentation (except on very dark skin tones)
- It leaves the skin with a sheen (no shimmer/sparkles what-so-ever); almost like a healthy glow from within
- You get enough product to literally last you forever!
Things I’m not so much in-love with about Benefit’s Posietint:
- It might be too light for very dark skinned beauties or it would take several tries to build it up to a colour that will show
- It is marketed as a stain for lips and cheeks but I would advise against using it on your lips. It’s just too drying on bare lips.
- It dries up really fast, so you have to be quick in spreading it
- It stains fingers if you layer it up too much
Price: Benefit Posietint – $30 + tax for the full size. Like most Benefit products, they do sell sample sizes and they are a great way to try out a product… This is around 1800 in Sephora i think
Recommendation:Benefit Posie Tint has become a staple in my daily makeup routine. I love it even more if I’m travelling.
PS.: Please excuse my bottle. It’s been used a lot and I’ve had it for a while, so the lettering has worn off.
You May Enjoy Reading These :
Subscribe Updates, Its FREE!