Bridal Makeup Artists in Hyderabad: Bridal Makeup 101 !

by Mehak Shahani on July 23, 2013

in Bridal Blog, Bridal Makeup

Best Bridal Makeup Artist in Hyderabad

Remember last year, when a clueless delhi girl (aka me) was running helter skelter around Hyderabad trying to find a Bridal Makeup Artist in Hyderabad that could match the talents of the Delhi ones?? Well that girl , armed with 1 year full of research, sessions of gossiping with Hyderabad ladies and having experienced tons of these artists before hand is now ready with her list of the  Bridal Makeup Artists in Hyderabad. With my SIL’s wedding coming up, we shall be paying some of these a visit  again and if you are tuned to the SIL’s Bridal Files you will know what is going on in that front

You can now find all our favourite picks from Hyderbad along with prices and reviews and their work on wedmegood.com (our new wedding website)

Tamanna Rooz:  Tamanna Rooz may not be a name you have heard of before, but according to me, she is probably one of the best Hyderabad has to offer.  We added her to our Wed ME Good recommended makeup artist list right away. Makeup that is modern, simple, elegant and yet still Bridal without the usual bling bling- im cursing myself  for not having found her for my own wedding. She is affordable too, and her style transitions between north indian and south indian so its not very specific. For people like me, a north Indian getting married in Hyderabad, she would have been perfect.

Contact : See her work and contact info on Wed Me Good here

Price: I think around 20k for bridal.

Seros by Edward and Zing: Subtle, natural style makeup- again very very good specially if you are a south Indian Bride for sure. A lot of really pretty, fresh South Indian brides -perfect for subtle makeup for morning weddings.

Contact: View their profile and prices on WMG

Price: 15000 for Zing, and 25,000 for Edward

Prashant Makeup Artist: I am so glad to have discovered prashants work. With  a depth of knowledge of the south indian bride, his makeup is polished, subtle and understated . The elaborate hair do’s with the natural soft tones of makeup are exactly what I was looking for

Contact: View profile and prices on wedmegood

Sara at Blush Salon: More affordable than a lot of other makeup artists, and one whose work is beautiful. Subtle, polished and creative with her looks without going OTT. She did one of the brides in Wed Me Good- Sindhura whose makeup was absolutely stunning. Just contoured eyes and pink lips for mehendi, and soft and simple peachy pink makeup for the morning wedding

Contact: Please google her for wedmegood link

Tanuja- Bubbles Salon: Tanuja from Bubbles Salon is another name heard in the circuits and she is supposed to be absolutely fabulous. I have seen some Tanuja brides and i think they look lovely- bridal, polished, beautiful and not OTT!  She was actually my  first choice during my wedding in Hyderabad, but she was pregnant at the time and her due date was only a week after my wedding. I couldnt risk having her go into labour while starting to apply my eyeshadow (Can you imagine- your MUA’s water breaking with one eye done!!!) She is slightly expensive though!

Contact:Bubbles Hair & Beauty Salon in Jubilee Hills
Price: I think around 20K for bridal

Sachin : Sachin is a name i heard over and over again in Hyderabad as being one of the makeup artists to the stars! His prices are very expensive (in excess of 30K i think) and he is supposed to be THE BEST makeup artist in Hyderabad, and his work is definitely really good, if you can afford it .

Contact: None now, check back later will update if i find

Price: Super Expensive

Doris (Doris Salon Secunderabad): Dorris was my makeup artist, and  i think she did a really good job for my engagement atleast. The wedding, i think went a little over board but honestly from the kind of trials i had in Hyderabad- she was a major saving grace. The one thing Dorris does VERY well, is actually hair. For hair, i think she is one of the best stylists i know period- not just in Hyderabad, but in any city iv travelled to. She comes up with ideas and suggestions and she has these pretty hair accessories as well!!! Her rates are reasonable and she travels to your hotel or preferred location. Her parlour is slightly shady and very non fancy looking i admit-which is what gave me apprehensions in the beginning  but she does do a good job.

Contact: 5 ,Vaishnavi Laxmi Estates Himayat Nagar ,Kharkhana, Secunderabad

Price: Rs 12000/- Per event

Annie from Lakme Salon Himayat Nagar: If you are having a morning wedding and want a basic, simple look- specially South Indian Style then Annie is another one iv been recommended. She does do Simple, Basic makeup so those of you with the slightly more glitzy taste my pass up.

Contact:  Lakme Salon Shop No. G-4, A & M Trade Centre,3-6-561, Himayat Nagar, Hyderabad – 50002

Price: Standard Lakme rates

To see the best in delhi go here- Bridal Makeup Artist in Delhi

Girls, please add in your commens if you are from Hyderabad and know some more!

thedelhibride July 23, 2013 at 10:38 am

Life-saver post for so many brides! THANK YOU! :)

Marathi Weddings July 23, 2013 at 11:07 am

I agree with your views on Dorris. I still remember your engagement hair do! It was superb.

happygoluckygal July 23, 2013 at 12:15 pm

your list seems like you have covered almost everyone in Hyderabad :)

Preeti Kaur July 23, 2013 at 2:21 pm

super helpful Mehak :)

Bonny Sikdar July 23, 2013 at 3:36 pm

Nice post..In case u r also checking out on wedding photographers in the twin city,, you can check out Picsya..PRobably u may already know..

Saffron July 23, 2013 at 6:54 pm

Hey mehak… I’m a regular follower of yur blog.. Can you please suggest gud makeup artists in ludhiana … I ‘ll be really grateful.. Tc..

mehak July 24, 2013 at 11:13 am

Hi Saffron- Go to Harjinder (Latto) from the Lakme Salon ..shes brilliant!

Supria July 23, 2013 at 7:50 pm

Great post Mehak. Any chance you could do something similar on Chennai? I wish I had found your blog 2 years ago before my wedding… I would have definitely opted for your bridal service… Too late now! Sigh

Saloni rathore July 24, 2013 at 2:16 am

Hey mehak,
I love love love your blog! Even I’m from Delhi (recently moved to hyd after Saadi), so I was in the same boat last year….. I was suggested this makeup artist called prashant ( info on fb prashant makeup artist)…… By my designer …. And he’s sooooo good …..please review him he’s super affordable under 7k for makeup …. And he does a phenomenal job ….very natural looking makeup…. However he’s not the best with hair so I would recommend him for makeup only….. He does for shoots and films…. That’s how the designer recommended …… Oh speaking of the designer….. You have to check her out….. Fairly new on the scene her names Nataasha munnangi… She has this cute studio on rd no 1 banjara hills….. She’s affordable and sooooo good …..not much info on her fb ….. But her stores amazing deinetly worth checking out …..:)

mehak July 24, 2013 at 9:22 am

Thanks a lot saloni! Its comforting coming from another delhi girl whose moved to hyd

madhuri July 24, 2013 at 10:56 am

thanks a tonnnn mehak…. i cant thank u enough for this life saver post…. I am gonna book mark this page :D I also heard that begums at chirag ali lane abids and china parlour at banjara hills are some of the places people prefer for bridal makeup…. :)

madhuri July 24, 2013 at 11:01 am

By the way, do check out Varonica Artist on facebook… She charges around 30k for two events… and she has got some affordable package options too :)

mehak July 24, 2013 at 11:02 am

Thanks Madhuri will do and im sure it will be helpful to other Hyderabad brides as well

Ambira Kumar July 24, 2013 at 12:01 pm

Hey mehak, thanks so much for the help! You are a bride life saver!! Would you be having Tamanna Rooz’s contact details?

mehak July 24, 2013 at 12:29 pm

Ambira no i dont, iv given her facebook contact at the link you can drop her a message saying you saw her name here

Mallika July 24, 2013 at 8:40 pm

Hi Mehak!!

Can you please suggest some MUA’s in Bangalore as well….I have no clue and need to get a start of wedding preps :D

Sindhu July 25, 2013 at 10:27 am

Oh man! I wish this post happened way back in January. :P

Sindhu July 25, 2013 at 11:03 am

Chennai: There is a lady Sunita singh who does a fantastic job, particularly for south indian brides. she is relatively expensive but i hired her assistant, (had her come down to hyd, where I live) who honestly, i loved as well.

Bangalore: I hear Sabrina suhail is good. She charges around 15k. She was booked for the date I wanted, so i’m hiring someone else. will review once it’s over.

Hyderabad: Sara owns a parlour in nampally but comes to the location on the day of. Heard about her from a few friends. I was pretty happy with the trial so booked her for the pre wedding functions. She is super friendly and easy to deal with. on the day of, I hired someone else. His name is sandy. Have not had a trial but i saw his work on a friend and loved it. His style is more fashion than traditional, but that was what I was going for on that day anyway. He is more expensive than I would have budgeted for, but I guess you get what you pay for. He is pretty friendly too, and so far, pretty approachable. will review after the wedding.

The mac artists are pretty good too, but then you need separate hair stylist.

mehak July 25, 2013 at 11:48 am

Thanks for the help sindhura!

Sindhura Talluri July 30, 2013 at 12:12 am

You’re welcome. :)

Supria July 25, 2013 at 2:16 pm

Sindhu, can you pass on the contact details for Sunita singh please?

For my reception I had makeup done by Nithya from the Naturals bridal studio in Khader Nawaz khan road, she seemed ok at first but with time my hair do started coming off and my sari was not pinned up properly which started falling off too :P

I have heard from friends that Anoushka salon in T. Nagar do a great job with airbrush makeup and the green trends in Mogappair are pretty good too.

Sindhura Talluri July 30, 2013 at 12:10 am

Hi Supria. Sunita singh 9962797336

Mallika July 25, 2013 at 8:24 pm

Thank you Sindhu!! :D very helpful

Sindhura Talluri July 30, 2013 at 12:07 am

You’re welcome!

aisha September 14, 2013 at 12:39 pm

sindhu ! plz give is more details about sara..wer exactly is her parlour at nampally ? would love visiting ! as der are very fw options in hyd :(
plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help

Sindhura September 27, 2013 at 9:44 am

9849432810 thats sarah’s number. She charges 9500 for the wedding and 6500-8500 for the other events depending on what style you want. 3500 for mother/sister/aunt/friend of bride. I was really really surprised since she did a really good job for that price. There are a few others who do just as well but charge well above 15k. Also i just sat back and gave her a pic of what i wanted and it turned out pretty close.
On the day of the wedding i had makeup done twice. Once for the pre wedding reception and once for the late night/early morn muhurat since i needed a complete change of style. Reception was done by sandy. Ultimately it turned out really good but i had to hold a hand mirror and keep telling him where he missed patches of foundation and where i could see scars through. He also did a very patchy job at first. So glad i had that mirror. At 20k, i would expect a lot better. At the end it turned out fine so i didnt freak out as much.

Neha July 25, 2013 at 11:18 am

Pls have a similar article on Make up artists in Delhi also pls.

mehak July 25, 2013 at 11:32 am

I already do! Its given in the link in the article above….in the last line!

Akshita July 29, 2013 at 8:49 pm

Hi Mehak,

This post is really helpful!! I m an North Indian bride to be, could yu please suggest the best make artist?

mehak July 29, 2013 at 10:37 pm

Hi Akshita,
I would say go with Tamanna! Dont forget to mention you found her through P&B

Smita August 25, 2013 at 2:53 am

Try and see if you get Shilpa Jains appointment . One of the best in the city :) … her number is
+91 96522 34000.

Gayathri August 1, 2013 at 9:05 am

Kavita from tangerine Jubliee Hills . .

She is very affordable and is very good :)

shubhi agrawal September 3, 2013 at 9:45 pm

Hi….m gettn married in december in surat…..can u pls suggest some gud and reasonable mua in surat or mumbai….

Sadia September 20, 2013 at 7:08 am

Hi! I just came across your blog when I was doing a google search on Hyderabadi make up artists. This post makes me feel so much better about a wedding in Hyderabad! I live in US, and there are amazing desi bridal MUA’s here. Unfortunately my wedding is taking place in Hyd :( I never thought Hyd would have a makeup artist anything close to the ones in US. But just checked out Tamanna’s page and she is not bad at all!

Thanks :-)

Natasha September 30, 2013 at 4:27 pm

Pls share Kavita’s number

Gayathri October 5, 2013 at 8:54 am

Kavitas number

+91 99-12-160535

Vijayawadabride October 9, 2013 at 4:52 am

Hi Mehak,

Your blog is super good and i loved it. I booked shilpa jains by seeing her name specified in your blog. But unfortunately she dropped today saying that she cant travel to Guntur(place where my engagement and wedding is held) and returned the advance. But I cant blame her its all because of telangana agitation going on. So I am looking for good bridal makeup artists preferably locals in Vijayawada or Guntur, Andhra Pradesh. Can you help me by suggesting one?

Nivi

priya November 14, 2013 at 12:34 am

nivi,

did you get any make up artist in vijayawada or guntur..
pls share the details with me!!
struggling to get a make up artist at guntur :(

Bride to be October 21, 2013 at 8:01 pm

Hi Mehak,
This is a fantastic blog.. My marriage got fixed and I have just 60 days time so makeup, mehendi are in my night mares… but when i reached you blog I am kind of relieved, I spoke to few artists also and waiting for my trail …(fingers crossed) will let you know how it works..Thanks!!

priya November 14, 2013 at 12:36 am

Hi,

any artists at vijayawada or guntur ??
struggling to find a make up artist in this area.
pls help me out

Ruchika November 14, 2013 at 8:44 am

There is a Beautiful makeup artist RUBY BAL. I got my engagement and wedding makeup done for myself, my sister and my mother after I saw her work at my friends wedding.

She is personally trained by Celebrity Makeup Artist CORY WALIA. Let me tell you folks.
She is just amazing.
Try to get in touch with her on http://www.facebook.com/rubyk.bal
or you can call her on 8801-8801-55. Though she is little on the higher end, but its worth every penny. I think I am emitted by her work .

BTW, She is ex Ms HYDERABAD too. :))

Akshita November 16, 2013 at 10:14 pm

Hey Ruchika..

thanks for the help.. but she does do make up for North Indian brides?

ruby January 22, 2014 at 5:00 am

Hey.. can anyone suggest me a make up artist for a Christian bridal make up

Hannah Medara Gundluri February 20, 2014 at 7:47 pm

Heyy Mehak… Great post !!! I got my engagement and bridal makeup done from this make up Artist called Chitra Maudgil… She did an amazing job and she was quiet reasonable compared to the others … She is a MAC Certified Bridal MUA… I think she travels to others cities if booked….

You can get in touch with her through her facebook page https://www.facebook.com/chitra.makeup

Ruchita March 28, 2014 at 1:56 am

Sindhura Talluri

I am looking for makeup artist in Hyderabad. Liked the work by Sandy, may I know if the charges were 20K for just your reception makeup?? Any idea how much would it cost for pre-wedding+pelli koothuru+wedding+reception package? Can you send his phone number ?

Also, any suggestions for wedding decor or modern floral decoration in Hyderabad?

Thanks in advance!

madhuri April 15, 2014 at 9:07 pm

gurlss, finally i found my makeup artist.. dunno how it will turn out for the d day, but i lovved the trial… anyone for south indian telugu bridal makeup can check out his page on facebook…https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mask-makeup/530063943739933
keeping my fingers crossed and will update about his work after engagement :)

neha April 29, 2014 at 2:21 pm

Hey mehak..gr8 post…infact lifesaverpost as already mentioned above… Can you please suggest good makeup artists in chandigarh … I ‘ll be really grateful…thank u..

mehak April 29, 2014 at 2:27 pm

Hi Neha,
As mentioned above..we have started a wedding website which feature work of our fav makeup artists across cities.

You can check it out here: wedmegood.com/vendors
We have one live for chandigarh whome we recommend

neha April 29, 2014 at 2:32 pm

thank u so much..sure will check..

Bindhu May 11, 2014 at 5:25 pm

Hi sindhura talluri just saw ur wedding pics on FB I looved ur legends where did u get it frm??? N plz do u know any good tailors,dermatologists,affordable designers in Hyderabad… I’m frm rajamundry … My fiancée is frm Hyd and very highfi so plllllllz help me!!!!

Annie May 15, 2014 at 4:45 pm

Hi mahek thanks a lot I got lot of client by through ur blog this my personnel number people can contact me personly also 8801101633, 8008459844 thanks a lot again

Poonam August 9, 2014 at 8:19 pm

Hi mehek can you give me the contact details for Dorris? Also who did ur makeup on the wedding day?

mehak August 10, 2014 at 11:53 am

HI Poonam she only did but there ar emuch better artists in hyd iv found now.

Poonam August 10, 2014 at 11:24 pm

Hi Mehek, I’m soon going to get married in Hyderabad. Can you suggest me other makeup artists that you find good? My budget is 15K. Is it possible to get someone good in that budget?