We may drool over the luxury of YSL’s , Chanels and Tom Fords of the world, but you cant deny when you buy a Colorbar product, it kind of feels like ‘Home’ !! Familiar, comforting and yet an array of beautiful colors to choose from! From a brand that was pretty unheard of 5 years back to one of the top Indian beauty brands today, Colorbar has come a super long way and while there have been misses, the hits have definitely overpowered em! If you are in the market for Colorbar , here is what i think have been their best and worst to date.
The Best of Colorbar Cosmetics
- Colorbar I Glide Eye Pencils : Every Girl must own one according to me, and if you are the experimentative kinds then own all because these are stunning colors that are pigmented, soft and super smooth. My favourite has to be Coal Mine and Prunella.
- Colorbar Radiant Touch Highlighter Pen: If you are on the hunt for a budget highlighter, then Colorbar Radiant Touch Highlighter Pen is a pretty good affordable option. The color is really pretty- a universally flattering champagne !
- Colorbar Creme Touch & Colorbar Velvet Matte Lipsticks : Both these lipsticks are super in quality. The Velvet Mattes are beautiful mattes in a range of color and still have glide and slip, while the creme touch variants are just really nice creamy lipsticks! The Velvet Mattes do dry in their tubes which is super annoying though.
- Colorbar Lip Pencils: Creamy , Soft, Pigmented- these are great dupes for Mac Lip Liners
- Colorbar Take Me as i Am Lip Colors: Chubby pencils with the pigmentation of lipsticks- these i totally love and wish there were more shades and colors to choose from. Flirtatious Pink remains one of my favourite colors to wear.
- Colorbar Nail Lacquers: I love these. My favourite are Apple Martini and Plum grenadine
The In Betweens
- Colorbar Eyeshadows: Some of these are really pretty, others have poor pigmentation and chunky silver glitter. Do Check out Star Violet though as it is a gorgeous purple, but skip some of the paler shades – they have a pale pastel pink which looks more like silver shimmer than anything else
- Colorbar Blushes: When Colorbar initially launched i fell hook, line and sinker for their blushes! Peachy Rose and Just Earth continue to be a firm favourite. But then they went ahead and changed the shades, the packaging, the product and added like an expenive price tag on them which just diluted their appeal
- Colorbar Full Cover Concealer & Instant Cover Up Stick : The concealers do offer good coverage for spots and pigmentation , and have nice creamy textures but i wouldn’t pick them for dark circles because both have a rather thick consistency and the Full Cover Concealer is a tad bit hard to blend
The Not So Great
- Colorbar Shimmer Magic Baked Blush/Eyeshadow /Bronzer: This was an all-in-one product that kind of failed to do any one thing very well. It was definitely not a bronzer, more like a blush/eyeshadow but the shimmer was quite chunky and unflattering. Plus the 750 Rs price tag was quite a put off.
- Colorbar Hollywood Lights Lip Gloss: The ‘Light Bulb’ inside the lipgloss may have been a novelty factor, but according to me it was a gimmick to distract you from a very very average lipgloss. The staying power is pretty poor, and the shimmery ones do tend to leave shimmer particles strewn across your face, and i didnt really love any of the colors either.
- Colorbar Brushes: Some of these are nice and soft, others are scratchy and poky and result in a streaky finish.
Still to try: Foundations , Primers, Mascaras. Any recommendations girls?
PS: There are some MAJOR personal life changes coming up for me which are kind of bittersweet(No guys, im not having a baby please!!) …so been keeping busy with that. All of you will definitely be one of the firsts to know once everything is finalised though.
Subscribe Updates, Its FREE!